Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

MRC's first POWER LAB Single Turbo install!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 02:41 PM
UMW350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No worries...I wish I had a baseline to compare apple to apples, so it is all speculation based off of different dynos in different temps. I pulled 241 bone stock on a DJ in 06. I am trying to present things as realistically as possible...except my signature...that is meant to boost my ego with the DJ #'s

If anything, I think I am UNDERestimating the power being FI now and trying to figure out what I was before...

There was a 'theoretical race' against an EVO today...in theory, the Z was pulling away on the on-ramp with the EVO's BOV screaming behind me. I smelt his exhaust....must be modded too

I may be underestimating because the last fast car I rode in was a 575 whpr EVO....talk about rip-off-your-face fast...

Last edited by UMW350Z; 06-11-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:35 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... couple weeks now. Do tell, Kill Stories {at the track of course } Slips, etc?
Old 07-01-2008, 07:18 PM
turismo

Anyknow know how long Julian is banned for? Sorry for ot
Old 07-01-2008, 09:15 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

^^ I think it's a valid question considering the threat starter..

Darren
Old 07-01-2008, 09:21 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's a permaban.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:33 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Julians permaban brings new definition to the word. Free Julian!

D
Old 07-01-2008, 09:38 PM
xDIEGOx

Why was he banned for this time?
Old 07-01-2008, 09:39 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

That is the golden question sir.

D (has an idea, but not exactly sure)
Old 07-01-2008, 09:47 PM
blasian

I believe it had something to do with that shift module thing and him getting into it with KPierson or something like that
Old 07-01-2008, 09:53 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep. Julian got in a fight with KP Technologies in their thread.

GAME OVER
Old 07-02-2008, 05:00 AM
turismo

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Julians permaban brings new definition to the word. Free Julian!

D
+1 Free Julian
Old 07-02-2008, 07:08 AM
UMW350Z

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... couple weeks now. Do tell, Kill Stories {at the track of course } Slips, etc?

I have hit MANY problems not directly related to the turbo kit itself. The car is STILL not completed with the new A/c line. Still waiting on the catch can to be installed and now it looks like I need to replace my clutch mster cylinder and slave cylinder.

The gas line blew off three times now. One time right after i boosted hard....the turbo/ car seems to still be ok, but the turbo spun down from max boost with no oil or coolant passing through it because the engine stalled with no gas....on the NJ turnpike... with barely a shoulder lane. ($250 tow) I am not sure how that clip could come off....never had this problem before. I am guessing it was broken during install, the fuel pressure should not be the culprit here since the pressure remains contant at that point. that clip should have NEVER come off....am I correct????

So far my emotions are quite mixed. No a/c, major FAIL on the highway which caused the car to reek of car for a week, the line popped off again at idle in the garage spilling gas everywhere (garage still reeks now 3 days later). No catch can like I wanted.

MRC could not show me the gas clip to see if it was broken (dropped the old clip then i crunched it with my tire trying to back up), so now I don't know if that was the cause of my MAJOR problems.

I don't feel confident driving the car knowing this problem could show up again since I could not examine the old part Engine stall at full boost is a MAJOR issue....no clue on the damage i did to the turbo.

Last edited by UMW350Z; 07-02-2008 at 07:10 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:23 AM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Geez bud.... Is Julian takin care of you? Not sure why you haven't received your A/C line yet... The residual oil in your turbo should have been fine during spool-down; I wouldn't worry about that.

I guess the questions are:

1. Why did the fuel line come off?
2. What caused your Master and Slave Cylinders to fail?

I'm sure MRC will take care of you. Let us know how it goes.

Don't let a few speed bumps slow you down!
Old 07-02-2008, 07:23 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

I'd like to know more about a single clip that serves as such a major point of failure for this turbo kit.

Best wishes for a solid fix to this issue - hope your turbo is ok and you're boosting again soon!
Old 07-02-2008, 07:25 AM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by rcdash
I'd like to know more about a single clip that serves as such a major point of failure for this turbo kit.

Best wishes for a solid fix to this issue - hope your turbo is ok and you're boosting again soon!
I don't think the clip he is talking about has anything to do with the Powerlab kit.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:27 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by SlideFox
I don't think the clip he is talking about has anything to do with the Powerlab kit.
That's what I was afraid of. Now I want to know even more about it! Is it a design issue with the stock fuel system and do any of the RFS systems, like CJM, address it?
Old 07-02-2008, 07:32 AM
SlideFox

That's what I was afraid of. Now I want to know even more about it! Is it a design issue with the stock fuel system and do any of the RFS systems, like CJM, address it?
That is a good question. The only "Fuel Related" item the Powerlab kit includes; I believe is the 600cc injectors and the Walbro 255lph pump. It seems like somethins got tweeked or damaged during installation of the turbo kit. MRC is a bunch of stand-up guys. I'm sure if they accidently damaged something, they will fix it.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:47 AM
UMW350Z

They put in a new clip, but i never saw it to see if the old one was broken. i am afraid of it happening again. I am really irked that this made me pay $250 for a tow for something that wasn't my fault nor should have EVER been a problem (it must have been an install issue). No offer for compensation, but I never even asked yet....but should I even expect it? maybe not...

I really don't want to ***** in here about these issues, but this is dragging out at this point (almsot a month since I picked up the car). I don't want to anger Julian or the shop (my rule of thumb is don't **** off waiters, lawyers or the guy working on your car) but I think they should be trying to finish the car first (like fix the door dent, put in the catch can...which should have been done before the car was picked up), not taking on projects that push me back and back, but that is just my humble opinion, not meant to be a slam. I know they have time/space/lift restrictions...but still, they should be trying to accomdate, right?

The master and slave cylinders in the clutch are my fault...i let someone adjust the clutch and now it's effed up...the engagement point keeps shifting around and the pedal sticks

Last edited by UMW350Z; 07-02-2008 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:00 AM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by UMW350Z
They put in a new clip, but i never saw it to see if the old one was broken. i am afraid of it happening again. I am really irked that this made me pay $250 for a tow for something that wasn't my fault nor should have EVER been a problem (it must have been an install issue). No offer for compensation, but I never even asked yet....but should I even expect it? maybe not...

I really don't want to ***** in here about these issues, but this is dragging out at this point (almsot a month since I picked up the car). I don't want to anger Julian or the shop (my rule of thumb is don't **** off waiters, lawyers or the guy working on your car) but I think they should be trying to finish the car first (like fix the door dent, put in the catch can...which should have been done before the car was picked up), not taking on projects that push me back and back, but that is just my humble opinion, not meant to be a slam. I know they have time/space/lift restrictions...but still, they should be trying to accomdate, right?

The master and slave cylinders in the clutch are my fault...i let someone adjust the clutch and now it's effed up...the engagement point keeps shifting around and the pedal sticks
Do you have the car back, and is it running (less the A/C and Catch Can)?
Old 07-02-2008, 09:11 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Assuming you are talking about the clip that's on the passenger side inner shock fender.

The CJM cuts off that clip on stage1 and replaces it with the crimp on AN fitting. Stage 2 completely removes all that mess and fits AN all the way.

I know in the CJM and AAM manual, they go into great detail the importance of getting that connection right.

Quick Reply: MRC's first POWER LAB Single Turbo install!!