Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Twin Turbo Build is Under Way

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 01:49 PM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta tell ya ----- You could not have picked a better shop in South Florida.
Roger is basically the nicest guy I have ever met (that works on cars). I am
100% sure you will be completely satisfied, or I will take your car no questions asked.
Best of luck, and please bring your car to an SFZCC meet
so I can drool on it.

L
Old 07-12-2008, 07:28 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lgear080
Gotta tell ya ----- You could not have picked a better shop in South Florida.
Roger is basically the nicest guy I have ever met (that works on cars). I am
100% sure you will be completely satisfied, or I will take your car no questions asked.
Best of luck, and please bring your car to an SFZCC meet
so I can drool on it.

L
I'll definitely bring it by.

The guys at Japtrix are great. Roger definitely knows what the heck he is talking about, and he knows how to work with people to find out what is best suited for them. He doesn't say "you need this..." He asks, what do you want to accomplish with this build? I whole heartedly recommend Japtrix to anyone in Florida who needs work done on a perfomance car, especially the G's and Z's.

I'll be the first to admit that dealing with me as a customer takes alot of patience. I have had Roger on the phone countless times, I've had the other Roger on the phone at least three times (there are two Rogers, both great guys!), I have had Bala on the phone probably at least 30 times, not to mention about 100 e-mails, and I've spoken with Jack at least once. These guys are some of nicest people you will ever meet and they know what they are talking about. No BS, just facts!!!

I have also had great experiences with Kyle at Import Parts Pro. He is always available and responds extremely quickly. He also knows his shiat about VQ motors. 99% of the time he and Roger recommend exactly the same thing. (Until I got to know everyone, I wanted a second opinion on everything. I eventually realized that I only needed to ask Roger or Kyle, and calling the other person was not going to change the answer). Moreover, both Kyle and Roger could have made higher profit by selling me parts that were more expensive than what I needed, but they did not do that. They both recommended parts that were most cost effective for what I wanted to accomplish (which was a lot).

I also have had Dave at Coolingmist on the phone on a Sunday working with me to program the Smart Injection System. Again, incredible customer service, second to none.

Art at Advanced Race technology also has spent a significant amount of time with me. Finally, Sandy and Sharif at Forged Performance have been great to work with.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 07-12-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:53 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by carfi179
Nice build/parts, hope you still get a ZR1 after this kind of build
A built C6 will be nice!!!

When I found out that the ZR1 was going to cost way more than list price, I was very, very close to picking up a C6 Coupe or a Z06 and then immediately throwing on some form of forced induction. After pondering over it for a while, I decided to wait on the Vette. I figured I would start first with my G35, and then graduate to the Vette later.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:03 PM
carfi179

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After this build you might totally forget about a vette, this G should be a monster when its complete. G/L!
Old 07-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Lawy'dU

looks like somebody won the lottery lol. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:27 PM
VR3

Nice build list. What are your goals with this build?
Old 07-12-2008, 08:48 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by VR3
Nice build list. What are your goals with this build?
We're shooting to exceed 600 RWHP on a Mustang Dyno. The 2.5" exhaust may hold us back a bit, but I want to keep the exhaust dB's under control. The APS 3" exhaust was a little loud for my taste. (Yes, I'm an old fart, relatively speaking ). Hopefully we can crank up the boost enough to compensate.

We intend to use meth/water injection to keep predetonation at bay. With the setup I have, we can inject up to 20 GPH of meth/water. That should be sufficient. If not, we can add another S-HSV valve and 10 GPH injector, though I don't think we'll need to.

Initially, we're going to try a mixuture of 70% meth/30% water and see how that works. A while back I had found a study (I think it was published by the Dept. of Energy or the DoD, I can't remember) which showed a 70%/30% meth/water ratio to be most efficient for use with gasoline motors. Nevertheless, I'm sure their test motors were significantly different than mine. It provides a good starting point though.

After I break in the motor, get all of the parts installed, and get it tuned, I'll post the dyno results. I'm not going to do the final tune until everything is installed, which means we may be waiting on the Cosworth Plenum. I have two on order from different vendors. The first one that arrives will go on my car. I'll put the second one up for sale.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:52 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
looks like somebody won the lottery lol. Can't wait to see the finished product.
No lottery, but I do need to focus a lot more closely on getting my billable hours up...
Old 07-13-2008, 07:41 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by westpak
nice build, saw the G there today, that is one impressive list
I know you guys will do a great job!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 08:09 AM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice list you have there.... Can't wait to see the final numbers.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:02 AM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
One of the first things I'll be doing is signing up for track driving lessons at Moroso when it opens back up...
moroso is closed? are they finally upgrading the drag strip?

EDIT: just saw the pics...looks like we're getting an improved drap strip (with a 660' concrete launch pad!) and a new road coarse!!!

Last edited by QuadCam; 07-13-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:35 AM
chris'smax

that is going to be a great setup man! When is it supposed to be done??
Old 07-13-2008, 11:30 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by QuadCam
moroso is closed? are they finally upgrading the drag strip?

EDIT: just saw the pics...looks like we're getting an improved drap strip (with a 660' concrete launch pad!) and a new road coarse!!!
Right now the biggest holdup is the fuel return system. Hopefully it will come in next week some time. If so, I may have it back fairly soon. The fuel return system been on order for something like two months now. Once we have that, Japtrix can get everything assembled and I can start breaking in the motor. Hopefully, by the time the motor is broken in we'll have the rest of the parts. Other than the fuel return system, the most important piece is the Cosworth plenum. I'm not going to bother with the final tune until that is on. We can put on the brakes, wheels and tires later if need be.

At Moroso, I'm most interested in running the road course. I've always wanted to do that.

I'll run the 1/4 mi. a couple of times just to see what I can get out of it, but that is not the main purpose I am building for. I'll need practice my launch. It will be pointless if I just sit there and spin the tires. The HKS F-CON V Pro has launch control, so we'll have to play with that a bit.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:41 PM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure that your car will be a blast. Roger has all of the answers and
never steers me wrong. Truly excellent rep and many happy customers.
If you need any input on appearance, we'd be happy to share (if you
couldn't tell). Chances are I will see the beast in process, while I get my
oil changed. Do you have the wheels ordered already? If not, you should
take a moment to pm me your email as I have another option for you
(work meisters in same sizes) at a ridic price, however you don;t seem
too cost conscious.

Heh. All the best. And... in for results.

L
Old 07-14-2008, 07:17 AM
zulator03

Smile

i heard from other z owners rc injector= junk
other then tht damm nice bild
Old 07-14-2008, 07:30 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by zulator03
I have seen absolutely no facts to back up such an assertion. Here is what I said about that in another thread in response to the following quote:

Originally Posted by mrg1981
I have the same question. I have the 750CC RC injectors and would like to know what to look for if there is a potential problem. Thanks in advance.
This question keeps getting asked, but no one is answering it, which seems a little strange considering there were 5 posts with negative comments on the RC Injectors.

Nonetheless, the posts were enough to cause some concern for me since I have RC Injectors going into my car. I therefore did some research on this subject. In the end, my conclusion is that my tuner (Japtrix) selected the right Injectors for me.

First, I searched the Internet, including other car forums. I found alot of very positive comments about RC Engineering Fuel Injectors. The few negative comments I found were generated by DYIs who eventually found out that they were using the wrong injectors for their application (e.g. used low impedance injectors when they needed high impedence injectors, etc.) or had not installed them properly.

I then contacted Kyle at Import Parts Pro and Roger at Japtrix, and they both say that the RC Fuel Injectors are very good. Kyle couldn't recall ever hearing about a problem with RC Fuel Injectors from qualified VQ tuners.

Roger indicated that Japtrix has installed alot of these over the last 5 years, and that he has seen only 1 or 2 bad ones. He also said that the RC Engineering customer service has been great and that his recollection is that RC Engineering takes care of any problems right away. He also said that he is running RC Fuel Injectors in his own car and that his car runs great.

In addition, at the beginning of my project, I myself contacted RC Engineering regarding Fuel Injector selection. After reading some of the posts in this and the G35 driver forum, I thought I might need larger fuel injectors than Japtrix had selected. I left a message and that day an Engineer from RC Engineering (who knew his shiat) called me back to help me out. He also spent quite a bit of time with me educating me about fuel injectors, fuel supply considerations, etc. I really appreciate that level of customer support. Of course, Japtrix had indeed selected the correct fuel injectors for my application.

I think I remember seeing other posts indicating that the RC Injectors may be a little more sensitive to tuning than the HKS Injectors, but if you have a tuner that knows what he is doing, it should not be a problem. Heck, imo, with the money you save using the RC Injectors, you could pay for a whole lot of tuning.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:00 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by zulator03
amazing how people just throw out comments like that and not back them up

I have used the 440's that came with the kit, then 750's and now 1000's and have not had any issues
Old 07-14-2008, 08:54 AM
XKR

very nice build list. I am glad to see that people are still buying the FCON...and that all the hype from the other ems have not killed it. I love my Fcon, and i am sure you will also.

As far as the Gspec front lower tie bar...it will not fit if you install an oil pan extension....found that out the hard way

As far as the RC injectors go....You maybe one of the lucky ones not to have any problems with it...but I have seen and heard that they sometimes do not flow as well as the other top brands..ie: HKS. There is lots of info on here about issues with the RC injectors.. Just remember that ALL installers/shops will stick with a brand that will give them good customer service...so that if the product fails...they will get a rapid exchange....while giving them a great price. Most shops would rather buy a product where the margin of profit is greater over a big name. Take this how you want.

Good luck on your build.

Last edited by XKR; 07-14-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:00 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by XKR
As far as the Gspec front lower tie bar...it will not fit if you install an oil pan extension....found that out the hard way
Thanks for the heads up. We don't have an oil pan extension going in. Instead, we are putting on an external oil cooler. That should give us an increase in oil capacity, as well as help with cooling.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:03 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

I would recommend considering a Greddy evoTT exhaust if you like it quiet and plan to reach 600 whp and also going with HKS injectors over RC. If you have a personal contact at RC that will personally vouch for a set, then you're probably golden, otherwise their QC seems unpredictable.

Good luck and welcome to the world of FI. Glad your shop is local to you - makes life a lot easier, especially with the number of mods your putting in. Plan on it going back several times for fine tuning.

Quick Reply: My Twin Turbo Build is Under Way