Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My soon to be 350z in S14 240sx clothing

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 01:13 PM
SinisterSntra91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Fast2G
Get the new tial 38mm vbands. They are like an inch shorter than the 44mm
Oh im fine with this 44mm, just never realized they were so big. Its the first time im running external wastegate.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:59 PM
redsoxfan184524
Nts Nts Nts Nts

Old 07-05-2009, 11:01 AM
FineWine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just now saw this thread, and immediately hit up Ameen when I spotted him in one of the pics.

I'm gonna try to come down and look at his ride sometime next week. I'd love to see this one in person as well.

Great work!
Old 07-06-2009, 11:10 AM
xxtokesxx

Hey AJ!

Long time no see! I totally forgot that you still had your Z! I'll send you a text this afternoon homie. I haven't made a thread over here yet, but def feel free to come through to check out the project . Maybe when you get back Brennan will be back in town and we can check his out too.

Do you all still meet up with the motor sport connect guys in Dayton? I don't mind coming through that way, we can catch up on life.

Let me know dude!
Old 07-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Mr. CF

I just spent the last 2 hours at work reading this....I am out of thread **clicks subscribe to thread** this is like watching a 2 part movie where they make you wait a year before you can watch the part 2 of it....FAIL....amazing work, awesome dedication, looking forward to seeing this thing finished
Old 07-18-2009, 09:09 PM
fventura03

very nice build
Old 07-24-2009, 06:35 AM
SinisterSntra91

Hey guys I am still here just havent touched the car in awhile. Main priority lately has been working on my house. Its my first house and the old woman that use to live in the place hadnt updated it at all for like the past 12 years. So right now I am just fixing the things that I cant deal with that either bug me visually or functionally. Like installing light fixtures in all the bedrooms (everything is ran off an outlet controlled by a switch) I replaced all the 2 prong outlets in the house with three prong outlets, installed satellite tv, installed a dishwasher (cause there was no dishwasher), replaced the shower head with a new taller one so my tall *** can get under it, fixed the toilet that had a slow leak on the water line. On top of all that I have been trying to get the yard back in order, weeds suck! Lastly ill be running the wires for my surround sound this weekend so I should be ready to get back on the car. Dont worry updates will come soon.

Last edited by SinisterSntra91; 07-24-2009 at 06:38 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:18 PM
CircleHeartX

hey.. gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:58 PM
tilleys99

VQ's in S13s are fun....I got one boosted
Old 07-24-2009, 08:51 PM
CircleHeartX

Originally Posted by tilleys99
vq's in s13s are fun....i got one boosted
nice.. Got pics?
Old 07-25-2009, 09:18 AM
DudeMan

Originally Posted by SinisterSntra91
Hey guys I am still here just havent touched the car in awhile. Main priority lately has been working on my house. Its my first house and the old woman that use to live in the place hadnt updated it at all for like the past 12 years. So right now I am just fixing the things that I cant deal with that either bug me visually or functionally. Like installing light fixtures in all the bedrooms (everything is ran off an outlet controlled by a switch) I replaced all the 2 prong outlets in the house with three prong outlets, installed satellite tv, installed a dishwasher (cause there was no dishwasher), replaced the shower head with a new taller one so my tall *** can get under it, fixed the toilet that had a slow leak on the water line. On top of all that I have been trying to get the yard back in order, weeds suck! Lastly ill be running the wires for my surround sound this weekend so I should be ready to get back on the car. Dont worry updates will come soon.
hey i have a complete motor and trans for sale if any of your friends are interested
Old 07-25-2009, 01:44 PM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

post some kind of pics whether it's the car or your house updates!!!! LOL
Old 07-27-2009, 01:50 PM
PV350Z
Banned

dope...glad to hear u just didnt fall off...

Last edited by PV350Z; 07-27-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:07 PM
Corbic

I so know your pain. I bought my house last summer and my S13 has taken a back seat to new windows and a roof.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:35 PM
tilleys99

Car a beat up POS S13 but has a 427whp/427tq VQ35 these are pics from a few months ago its under going a motor build now with some crower pro series rods/ arias 20 over pistons,L19 studs, and a set of rev-up heads (might switch too HR since i have a spare set)

Old 07-30-2009, 05:25 PM
G4nismo

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

nooooooooooooooooo! i needz moaR! i ran of out pages!

i read all 33 damn pages! mad PROPS SIR!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Done Deal DR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want more pages too. Imagine finishing the thread months and months ago and not having any substantial update since. It's like watching half of a really really good movie.

OP - Good luck on the house and getting the build squared away when you have the time available.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:11 AM
S14Madness

::Sigh:: Damn you for making me join just to post...
I'd really like to see how this turns out. I was intent on doing the same thing(well just the swap not the whole shebang), and I contacted the people at vqswap before. The crossmember I recieved definitely wasn't fitting right and I had the same problem as you with the shift linkage being off. I was doing some net crawling and came up on this : http://www.mckinneymotorsports.com/prod_VQ-240sx+swap

They's got the mounting kit for s13s and s14's for $450 right now(it goes up to $525 soon they say). I emailed them asking if the crossmember had to be notched(I didn't believe the advertising) and they said their mounts connect directly to the KA mounting points for the engine and tranny. I thought to myself about the height of the motor then... and sent them an email. Here's the results.

Hello I'm David,
I wanted to know if my crossmember for my S14 would have to be notched or modified with your engine mountings. Also what is the hood clearance like? Would you ever try to make a shifter relocation bracket? Those are the more immediate questions I have, but I would also like to know when would the exhaust y-pipe and the headers be available for purchase?
Thank you for making these products. I had a bad run in with the people at vqswap.com. They are nice people more or less but their products would need to be modified to make any VQ swap work.

Their reply

You do not have to mod the engine crossmember… We have a shifter relocation bracket , but sold out right now…

My soon to be 350z in S14 240sx clothing-7-13-09-152.jpg

My soon to be 350z in S14 240sx clothing-vq35-240sx-swap-072.jpg

As you can see they didn't answer all my questions -_-
But I'm still interesting anyways! Perhaps I'll do it up nice like Sinister if my pockets run deep enough
Later! And update this thread please!
Old 08-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Ztouring04

Still a great project to take a look at...wonder hows it been going?
Old 08-11-2009, 12:11 PM
*Boose*

So you mean to tell me I spent the last hour reading this and it is still not complete. You know what that tells me to do? Motha ****ing suscribe.

Quick Reply: My soon to be 350z in S14 240sx clothing