Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 10:02 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation More update info

Darren from Intense spoke with Mark over the phone yesterday. They are still working on my trans. They had to order some clutch packs for my 5AT.

Mark told Darren that he had a variety of problems hit him at once, which hindered the shop from getting back to normal quickly after Hurricane Ike. While his shop was shut down due to Ike, approximately $60,000 of equipment was stolen by a couple former employees. In addition, his T1 line went down. Thus the communication problems.

I met Mark here in AZ a couple years ago when he came out to work on the Z of a mutual friend. He told me himself that he isn't into the forums and doesn't like to personally get involved with them. He got tired of the shop bashing, nuthuggers, and arguing between people who don't really know WTF they're talking about. He prefers to focus his attention on working on cars.

While I can understand Mark's frustration and lack of interest with the forums, I do think he should find someone decent to rep SGP on here and handle his PR/sales on this site. This thread is a perfect example of why he needs someone to do this. Thomas was supposed to be that person and he failed miserably.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-17-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:30 AM
turismo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Darren from Intense spoke with Mark over the phone yesterday. They are still working on my trans. They had to order some clutch packs for my 5AT.

Mark told Darren that he had a variety of problems hit him at once, which hindered the shop from getting back to normal quickly after Hurricane Ike. While his shop was shut down due to Ike, approximately $60,000 of equipment was stolen by a couple former employees. In addition, his T1 line went down. Thus the communication problems.

I met Mark here in AZ a couple years ago when he came out to work on the Z of a mutual friend. He told me himself that he isn't into the forums and doesn't like to personally get involved with them. He got tired of the shop bashing, nuthuggers, and arguing between people who don't really know WTF they're talking about. He prefers to focus his attention on working on cars.

While I can understand Mark's frustration and lack of interest with the forums, I do think he should find someone decent to rep SGP on here and handle his PR/sales on this site. This thread is a perfect example of why he needs someone to do this. Thomas was supposed to be that person and he failed miserably.
OMG Mark told him that lol. These issues have been going on longer than IKE! I cant believe that he would blame his former employees on theft. This is gonna get good.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:51 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by rcdash
I understand iamdigital's response, but I agree with this also. Shops that are reputable are reputable for a reason. SGP built a reputation and I would like to believe that Mark will try to uphold that to the best of his abilities. Some things will be out of his control - personnel, the weather, theft, accidents, bad luck. He's making a mistake by not communicating with each customer personally though. Communication is critical for any successful project (where both shop and customer are happy with the outcome), especially when lots of money is involved. Part of the responsibility is on the customer to speak up and be clear, but shops need to fulfill their end also.

I'd like to think that the really poor shops that are incompetent die out. For the successful shops, unhappy customers are the uninformed customers. And the unhappy shop owners are those that assumed that they knew what the customer wanted. Communication is key.

I agree
Old 10-18-2008, 06:00 AM
XKR

You are just being nice...he was a POS

BTW....glad to hear that he is getting the trans done....did you get a finish date

Last edited by XKR; 10-18-2008 at 06:04 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:44 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by XKR
You are just being nice...he was a POS

BTW....glad to hear that he is getting the trans done....did you get a finish date
Not an exact date, but IIRC it should hopefully be done sometime next week.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:46 AM
XKR

^^^^ Good to hear..keep us updated^^^^

Last edited by XKR; 10-18-2008 at 07:45 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:54 AM
civic4982

the phones were up when I was by there in the end of september after Ike.

they were just ignoring them and letting their their full answering machine sit there and pick them up without being able to record anything.

the place looks very disorganized right now. I decided not to take my car there for that reason.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:17 AM
iamdigital

Yeah, I got the similar story as above so I'll believe it as in PMs others have stated the same. I didn't want to go into Mark's personal details on the forum but he has had to short his staff severely and the reason they aren't answering phones while not cool is because their running around like crazy trying to catch up with half the people they had. He said his secretary is coming back next week and they'll be able to handle the phones.

I'm willing to give this place another shot and just put in a order for more parts to be shipped out when my tranny is complete. I haven't paid yet but I want to see there be plenty of good competition out there for the shops. If I decide to go GTR when it's mod-able then I want to have more than 3 choices... I'll keep everybody updated. He told me he'd have my tranny done in 2 weeks but I told him to focus on more important projects first so we'll see how long till completion and I'll post when I get it.

As for marketing and repping their shop. Like I stated before. This is the most powerful marketing tool these shops have is our word of mouth on here. There are a ton of guys on this forum boosted or going to and if any are like me they look to all of us for answers where to go.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:33 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

^ I agree. This is the largest forum for the Z/G. Any shop that wants to be a major player on the VQ needs to be involved and engaging here on my350z. It's just a cost of doing business.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

I had a good experience with SGP. Mark and Thomas were both straight with me.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:59 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

^ To my knowledge, Intense has not had any problems or negative experiences with SGP and they have been doing business with each other longer than most people have been members here.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
During the Recon .... my agent spotted RobertK at SGP.
What do I have to do with any of this? All I'm gonna say is Mark takes care of me & I would recommend him.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:02 PM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Originally Posted by XKR
The IR camera pic will be up this weekend just for you

My Recon staff and I thank you for the kind words
Mike if your current profession becomes unfavorable i have some work for you to do along these lines.

BTW my own recon work saw your car on the dyno. You might be able to beat me now.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:04 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by Robert_K
What do I have to do with any of this? All I'm gonna say is Mark takes care of me & I would recommend him.

I didnt know you were up there when me and Mark got into it.

There's so much that you do not understand that I will post at a later date. He took care of you since you came from Colorado. But for the other 10 cars that are up there, he has a considerable amount of their money(including mine still)

Let me tell you about an instance that happened this week so I can give you an idea of the character we're dealing with(person that just pm'd me).......naw I'll wait
Old 10-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by turismo
I didnt know you were up there when me and Mark got into it.

There's so much that you do not understand that I will post at a later date. He took care of you since you came from Colorado. But for the other 10 cars that are up there, he has a considerable amount of their money(including mine still)

Let me tell you about an instance that happened this week so I can give you an idea of the character we're dealing with(person that just pm'd me).......naw I'll wait
I not getting involed in pissing matches. Why I don't post much, if any, on this forum anymore. You won't recommend Mark/SGP, I would/will. Good luck with your car. [/end]
Old 10-18-2008, 06:43 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

^ To my knowledge, Intense has not had any problems or negative experiences with SGP and they have been doing business with each other longer than most people have been members here.
not that i don't feel sympathetic to the people with issues but from your own experience rude i don't think you can say you've had any trouble with sgp really...luck or whatever the case is, you are fine

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 10-18-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:43 PM
XKR

All I said is that during the Recon...one of my agents saw you up there...and maybe you would have some input about SGP. Not asking for anything bad...just to inform members whats going on up there.... ie: are they open....are the phones working....is Mark working on cars....is Eric's transmission finished.....just to name a few.

Not trying to start a pissing contest

I got the pictures for CoachK...and will post tomorrow when I get a chance

I too have nothing against Mark....I just wish he could get back on track. You SGP guys may not agree with me....But I think that Mark should just suck it up and get Kyle back in there to help get things right Like Kyle or not...things were never like this when he was there
Old 10-18-2008, 06:50 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by jumpin800agl
Mike if your current profession becomes unfavorable i have some work for you to do along these lines.

BTW my own recon work saw your car on the dyno. You might be able to beat me now.

Are you kidding.....the only way you would have a chance now is if I left my car in neutral
Old 10-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by XKR
All I said is that during the Recon...one of my agents saw you up there...and maybe you would have some input about SGP. Not asking for anything bad...just to inform members whats going on up there.... ie: are they open....are the phones working....is Mark working on cars....is Eric's transmission finished.....just to name a few.

Not trying to start a pissing contest

I got the pictures for CoachK...and will post tomorrow when I get a chance

I too have nothing against Mark....I just wish he could get back on track. You SGP guys may not agree with me....But I think that Mark should just suck it up and get Kyle back in there to help get things right Like Kyle or not...things were never like this when he was there
All I can say is Mark/SGP have treated me fairly. They/Mark has/have fixed several issues that; 1) were found from my perivous installer, 2) have/had arrised due to the elevation change from the move from Colorado 3) is currently fixing from pervious installer.

SGP is open for business. Ike DID put a bump in the road for SGP. SGP received hundreds of phone calls everyday and there is no secretary to answer them. I feel pretty confident in saying that Mark does wish he could answer all of them. Mark did mentioned that SGP's website transfer is having some problems and the sever provider he choose is working on the issues.

Mark and his techs are working on several cars. Make note though there is only three techs working at SGP, including Mark. I do not know anything about anyone's transmission or the status of their car. Personally I feel it is not my business to inquire about someone else's car.

I do/did not know Kyle so I can not speak of him.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:42 PM
XKR

All I can say is Mark/SGP have treated me fairly. They/Mark has/have fixed several issues that; 1) were found from my perivous installer, 2) have/had arrised due to the elevation change from the move from Colorado 3) is currently fixing from pervious installer.

SGP is open for business. Ike DID put a bump in the road for SGP. SGP received hundreds of phone calls everyday and there is no secretary to answer them. I feel pretty confident in saying that Mark does wish he could answer all of them. Mark did mentioned that SGP's website transfer is having some problems and the sever provider he choose is working on the issues.

Mark and his techs are working on several cars. Make note though there is only three techs working at SGP, including Mark. I do not know anything about anyone's transmission or the status of their car. Personally I feel it is not my business to inquire about someone else's car.

I do/did not know Kyle so I can not speak of him.

I know you dont know about Eric's trans....I was just trying to say that I was not trying to put you in the middle of anything....

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?