Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 04:56 PM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
XKR..

Old 10-16-2008, 05:27 PM
DanielW
Banned

sales@sgpracing.com
Old 10-16-2008, 06:12 PM
iamdigital

Thumbs down

hehe,

I've emailed sales@sgp, Mark's email address, called too many times to count, and completed the online form for information. NOTHING!!!!! I'm starting to get frustrated now and if I don't hear something this week I think I'll have no choice but to call an attorney and the local police
Old 10-16-2008, 07:10 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DanielW
Gee thanks. That was sooo helpful.

If it was really that simple, do you honestly think this thread would be 6 pages long?
Old 10-16-2008, 07:35 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by XKR
A Pre-Recon has just been completed...

Eric... I just got off the phone with one of my recon-agents . Your Tranny was seen on the floor at SGP....He did not know if the work was started on it or it was completed....all he could tell is that it was from Intense in AZ....he saw the tag.

As far as phones at SGP....they are not working. Marks cell phone is also not working.

During the Recon .... my agent spotted RobertK at SGP.

Also..if anyone is having machine work done at GNG....They only lost power for 1 1/2 weeks!!!

The last part of my Recon report.....The wind also damaged the garage door at SGP causing wind to enter the shop causing damage to a car...I know who the owner is...but i am sure he would not want me to mention his name.
SGP's phones are working, they just arent answering. I was there last Friday to pickup my car and they where ignoring phone calls. Matter of fact, Mark was on his cell phone while tuning a car.

There are cars sitting there that have been paid for! The owner of that blue Evo paid Mark 7k up front and that was 6 months ago. Nothing has been done to that car.

I know someone who took their K20 to GnG to have it built 2 months ago and it was done within a month. What in the hell takes SGP 6 months to build a motor?
Old 10-17-2008, 05:50 AM
DanielW
Banned

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Gee thanks. That was sooo helpful.

If it was really that simple, do you honestly think this thread would be 6 pages long?

I totally did stuff with your mom
Old 10-17-2008, 08:31 AM
iamdigital

Exclamation

Mark just called me. He has confirmed my transmission arrival and committed to working on it ASAP. I told him that it's not a rush and to work through the backlog in his shop first. He did give me an honest explanation and while I won't throw it all up here on the thread the storm wasn't his only problem. He did say that until they get everything straightened out with the shop, the work, and the orders the best way to get a hold of him is through the sales@sgpracing.com email as that's how he got my email. Their server went down I guess but now they can access it via webmail on that address. Once they're secretary makes it back into work they'll be able to start manning the phones again but there's a limited force and they are on the cars as they are obviously well behind right now. Not trying to but SGP was a tremendous shop in the past and the explanation I got over the phone sounded legit. We'll see what the next few months do for SGP and I for one even though frustrated hope they work through the issues. 1 more shop that pushes the envelope is not a bad thing at all.

Thanks,

JAA
Old 10-17-2008, 09:34 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by turismo
SGP's phones are working, they just arent answering. I was there last Friday to pickup my car and they where ignoring phone calls. Matter of fact, Mark was on his cell phone while tuning a car.

There are cars sitting there that have been paid for! The owner of that blue Evo paid Mark 7k up front and that was 6 months ago. Nothing has been done to that car.

I know someone who took their K20 to GnG to have it built 2 months ago and it was done within a month. What in the hell takes SGP 6 months to build a motor?
I was just given this info from one of my "Field Ops" that got pissed off that Mark/SGP was not answering his phones...cell or land line. When he got there Mark told him that the phones were not working. This person stood there and called marks phones and Mark was correct...they were not working. Not sure when they started working.

I know for a fact that land lines and my ATT cell was not working for over a week after the Hurricane. Until today I am still having call drops and no signal on my ATT cell in some areas....I have to use my Verizon cell most of the time.

I was just posting this info for members like "RudeG" and others to let them know that SGP is still in business....if I lived as far away as "RudeG" fulltime I would be worried that my car parts was lost...and I would be wondering if SGP was still in business.

The minute I first posted on here with info...I started getting PM's from members that have been up to SGP and all have been giving me info. I will be up there myself on Saturday to take pictures for "CoachK" and to get direct info about Eric's Trans.

Dont get me wrong....I am not for or against SGP...I am in the middle.

BTW..there was also a RobertK sighting So I am sure Robert can give some info until I get there tomorrow.

About GNG....I got direct info sent to me from Joe that they have been on schedule and was only affected for 1 1/2 weeks after the hurricane. Their turn around time has been back on track for a while now. There is a member on here that I spoke to yesterday that gave his motor to SGP in March and still has not received his motor back as yet. ..... Not sure why it would take that long when all you have to do is send the motor out to someone who's turn around time is 2 to 4 weeks !

Last edited by XKR; 10-17-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:51 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by iamdigital
Mark just called me. He has confirmed my transmission arrival and committed to working on it ASAP. I told him that it's not a rush and to work through the backlog in his shop first. He did give me an honest explanation and while I won't throw it all up here on the thread the storm wasn't his only problem. He did say that until they get everything straightened out with the shop, the work, and the orders the best way to get a hold of him is through the sales@sgpracing.com email as that's how he got my email. Their server went down I guess but now they can access it via webmail on that address. Once they're secretary makes it back into work they'll be able to start manning the phones again but there's a limited force and they are on the cars as they are obviously well behind right now. Not trying to but SGP was a tremendous shop in the past and the explanation I got over the phone sounded legit. We'll see what the next few months do for SGP and I for one even though frustrated hope they work through the issues. 1 more shop that pushes the envelope is not a bad thing at all.
Thanks,

JAA

I feel the same way also...I spend most months out of the year in the Houston area..and this is one of the reasons i am hoping Mark/SGP gets their act together.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:02 AM
gotparts?

Originally Posted by mrg1981
I just spoke with UMS tuning about my car and the progress. Apparently, there was a SES code for crank sensor, which was separate from my other issues. They replaced this and that code should be resolved. The other issues are related to the Pro-EFI code. Jason is re-writing this piece of code for my car right now and it should be resolved soon.
awesome. just giving u my two cents. cam phase sensors up top both have different ways the connector slides in. 2004 and below have just two up top. 2005 and up have four due to the rev up motor. the crank angle sensor on the bottom doesnt have the same connector and also the tab for the 10mm bolt to slide through is in a different position. just letting ya know. good luck to you, your in good hands at intense.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:12 AM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gotparts?
awesome. just giving u my two cents. cam phase sensors up top both have different ways the connector slides in. 2004 and below have just two up top. 2005 and up have four due to the rev up motor. the crank angle sensor on the bottom doesnt have the same connector and also the tab for the 10mm bolt to slide through is in a different position. just letting ya know. good luck to you, your in good hands at intense.
It may just have been a bad crank sensor, then. It sounds like my lack of understanding of these parts has owned me. I just care that they get it all working correctly. I will update the Pro-EFI thread when the software code gets worked out. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:47 AM
turismo

Originally Posted by XKR
I was just given this info from one of my "Field Ops" that got pissed off that Mark/SGP was not answering his phones...cell or land line. When he got there Mark told him that the phones were not working. This person stood there and called marks phones and Mark was correct...they were not working. Not sure when they started working.

I know for a fact that land lines and my ATT cell was not working for over a week after the Hurricane. Until today I am still having call drops and no signal on my ATT cell in some areas....I have to use my Verizon cell most of the time.

I was just posting this info for members like "RudeG" and others to let them know that SGP is still in business....if I lived as far away as "RudeG" fulltime I would be worried that my car parts was lost...and I would be wondering if SGP was still in business.

The minute I first posted on here with info...I started getting PM's from members that have been up to SGP and all have been giving me info. I will be up there myself on Saturday to take pictures for "CoachK" and to get direct info about Eric's Trans.

Dont get me wrong....I am not for or against SGP...I am in the middle.

BTW..there was also a RobertK sighting So I am sure Robert can give some info until I get there tomorrow.

About GNG....I got direct info sent to me from Joe that they have been on schedule and was only affected for 1 1/2 weeks after the hurricane. Their turn around time has been back on track for a while now. There is a member on here that I spoke to yesterday that gave his motor to SGP in March and still has not received his motor back as yet. ..... Not sure why it would take that long when all you have to do is send the motor out to someone who's turn around time is 2 to 4 weeks !
I completely understand what you are saying but.....Mark is sitting on 20k dollars of my friends money. Two cars that have been there going on 7 months and NO work has been done. As you can see, there are 20+ cars sitting outside his shop and knowone is working on anything.

Im tired of shops Phuckin over people. Im tired of owners making claims/promises that they can not keep. There's no reason to have this many cars sitting outside and you cant afford to fix the damages that was done to my car(come to find out he doesnt have insurance). He's phucked over my friends supra, 350z and evo. I stopped falling his excuses 6 months ago, when I found out what was really going on.

As you can see, the main tech just left. The people that were working there when I first arrived last year are gone.

And isnt it funny that the person that pm'd you is waiting on a motor for 6 months through SGP. Yet my friend who took his motor to GnG, got his back in less than 2 months(this was recently).
Old 10-17-2008, 12:10 PM
XKR

I completely understand what you are saying but.....Mark is sitting on 20k dollars of my friends money. Two cars that have been there going on 7 months and NO work has been done. As you can see, there are 20+ cars sitting outside his shop and knowone is working on anything.

Im tired of shops Phuckin over people. Im tired of owners making claims/promises that they can not keep. There's no reason to have this many cars sitting outside and you cant afford to fix the damages that was done to my car(come to find out he doesnt have insurance). He's phucked over my friends supra, 350z and evo. I stopped falling his excuses 6 months ago, when I found out what was really going on.

As you can see, the main tech just left. The people that were working there when I first arrived last year are gone.

And isnt it funny that the person that pm'd you is waiting on a motor for 6 months through SGP. Yet my friend who took his motor to GnG, got his back in less than 2 months(this was recently).

I feel your pain....7 months Thats crazy....Here is what I dont understand about some people on here...why would you all shellout that much money before any work has started I know some shops require some cash up front...unless you are telling me that 20K is the deposit
Old 10-17-2008, 12:48 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by XKR
I feel your pain....7 months Thats crazy....Here is what I dont understand about some people on here...why would you all shellout that much money before any work has started I know some shops require some cash up front...unless you are telling me that 20K is the deposit
Well Mark stated that he needed to order the parts. Both of my friends are/where doing a complete longblock build. So in order to get started, I think he required to pay half.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:38 PM
XKR

Well Mark stated that he needed to order the parts. Both of my friends are/where doing a complete longblock build. So in order to get started, I think he required to pay half.

OK....I see
Old 10-17-2008, 02:37 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

I guess this is just one more reason to stick with shops that are extremely reputable through the forum.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:37 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by JAMEZ@CiNcity
I guess this is just one more reason to stick with shops that are extremely reputable through the forum.
I agree.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:21 PM
iamdigital

On that last 2 comments I'd have to disagree though. I'm not going to bash any shop ever as it's a tough business, **** breaks, and mistakes happen but there are 2 highly touted shops that I won't name names on that I practically begged through email and telephone to get work done and neither ever returned my calls or emails for months. Then one of them does and starts to set stuff up charges my debit card for work then never get's back with me on delivery of the car or anything. I called multiple times and sent emails for a refund and finally had to dispute the charge with my bank. Not only that but almost every shop on here has had it's issues and very seldom does somebody pop up to complain. If there have been cars at SGP for years with no work done then why hasn't there been more posts? In fact when I first got into this gig that shop was highly recommended to me. It's all a matter of how well the business is run on the sales/marketing side. I will say that I'm gonna be taking everything I read with a grain of salt from now on and not putting to much trust into any shop/vendor. It's a great support system we have for this vehicle but there will always be problems out there.

What's funny is on the Viper side this is what kept me out of TT'n my ride. We may have delayed shops, broken cars, and other things but in that world you dump twice as much money and 3 days later the shop that did your car is out of business or is noted as destroying cars. Much easier in the asian cars to get progressive tunes and shops who are always pushing each others limits.

The only reviews I'll be relying on from now on are not the shop builds. Everybody is happy when they drive away with 5,6,700 RWHP. It's the threads like these where somebody calls out a WTF is going on. Unfortunately they usually turn into bash forums and vendors jump in to join the fight. What's interesting here is we have gotten a ton of information without the vendor jumping in yet and it's so useful to see what people are actually dealing with. Same goes for Alberto's recent threads and others too. We all need to watch each others backs and I'm thankful to all that posted up here, countless PMs, and XKR for your recon missions. That's stuffs valuable.

Last edited by iamdigital; 10-17-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:21 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The email address that I gave to the OP seemed to have gotten him a pretty quick response. I also have Mark's cell, which he has answered most of the time I've called.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:34 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Moral of this thread: communication is key

Originally Posted by JAMEZ@CiNcity
I understand iamdigital's response, but I agree with this also. Shops that are reputable are reputable for a reason. SGP built a reputation and I would like to believe that Mark will try to uphold that to the best of his abilities. Some things will be out of his control - personnel, the weather, theft, accidents, bad luck. He's making a mistake by not communicating with each customer personally though. Communication is critical for any successful project (where both shop and customer are happy with the outcome), especially when lots of money is involved. Part of the responsibility is on the customer to speak up and be clear, but shops need to fulfill their end also.

I'd like to think that the really poor shops that are incompetent die out. For the successful shops, unhappy customers are the uninformed customers. And the unhappy shop owners are those that assumed that they knew what the customer wanted. Communication is key.

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?