Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

interesting bad built motor thread on G35driver.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by turismo
Then what can you say about Nitrouz car? I thought Sharif used GTM's motors at one point? Ive seen quite a few builds done by GTM and haven't heard of any issues until now.

PS: Im not taking sides.
What about Alex's car? It had issues just like others described above including HL. Ask Alex to post up the details and the excuses Sam gave him. You and most members dont know 1/2 of what goes on in this community, that is not a stab at you Im just saying the truth. Ive been here since February of 2003 IIRC I know tons of people and stories but everybody is scared to drop negative press on the big guys. Well being a victim of what I feel and know was incorrect machining to say the least its time. I should have done this sooner.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by turismo
Then what can you say about Nitrouz car? I thought Sharif used GTM's motors at one point? Ive seen quite a few builds done by GTM and haven't heard of any issues until now.

PS: Im not taking sides.
2 minutes ago I mention that there were other long term members here that had issues with GTM motors and some had them resolved by taking it back to GTM.....Nitruz is one of them. He's a Super Admin and he sold his Z so I hope he won't mind me brining him into this.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:55 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
What about Alex's car? It had issues just like others described above including HL. Ask Alex to post up the details and the excuses Sam gave him. You and most members dont know 1/2 of what goes on in this community, that is not a stab at you Im just saying the truth. Ive been here since February of 2003 IIRC I know tons of people and stories but everybody is scared to drop negative press on the big guys. Well being a victim of what I feel and know was incorrect machining to say the least its time. I should have done this sooner.
yeah, I've heard these rumors for some time.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:55 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by JAMEZ@CiNcity
Honestly, I thought you (Alberto) were being overly sour about the motor failure when the rumors were first coming out.

Now that you've shared this I think differently. It's very unfortunate this happened to you.
I know Ive come off sour in the past. My car is my passion, it is more than my hobby. When things break that are my fault (like transmissions) I post the vids so you guys can laugh at me and learn from it, I dont blame Nissan for that failure I blame myself. I know the game. When a motor fails sleeved or not at 9000 miles (many havent made it half that!) I get upset, when a motor is spewing coolant out of the resevoir at 3500 miles, it's not right, ask ANY shop if that's a normal condition of a built motor it is not. My bitterness and anger has shown in the past but now you know why. I cant stand seeing people get taken advantage of, its a shady business for some...
Old 10-27-2008, 06:57 PM
gothchick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the sharing and informative info, guys.
Not taking sides, but I am definitely scratching GTM off my list to do a build with. I don't need the BS they seem to becoming known for (or at least that we are finally learning about).

Last edited by gothchick; 10-27-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Driven1
Professional

Another thing to note, myself and Rome...

3.5L Darton sleeved motor from GTM

Same Turbo kits, different engine managements, different TUNERS, same fate----> headlift, air in the system, pushing coolant like mad, blown headgasket, damaged cylinders and pistons. I find it hard to believe that Sharif and Julian's tuning sealed the same fate into both motors.

I'll say it.. since many of the owners are never on these boards. (Nitrouz not included)

The SAME issues have been seen with multiple 4.2L motors. The same excuses were given to one person I know.

Last edited by Driven1; 10-27-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:06 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

OK, both JAMEZ and I posted Alberto's quotes on g35driver.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-27-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by Driven1
I'll say it.. since many of the owners are never on these boards. (Nitrouz not included)

The SAME issues have been seen with multiple 4.2L motors. The same excuses were given to one person I know.

I can easily name 10 guys with headlifting GTM sleeved motors. From easy driving to harder, from low miles to "higher" mileage motors, from the failures occuring on the dyno to the street. All the same issues, from the same shop. GTM cant come up with enough excuses and EVIDENCE to prove they arent at fault, but Sam will try and still people will believe him, you cant save them all. That whole "we have less than a 3% failure rate" is just silly talk on their part. Like I said earlier, if this had been another shop, members would be asking for the site admins to not allow them to be sponsors.

rude-I am not a member on that site and dont know if those guys even know me/trust me, but thanks...
Old 10-27-2008, 07:22 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

rude-I am not a member on that site and dont know if those guys even know me/trust me, but thanks...
If they have seen any of your vids on the interwebnetz, they know who you are.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Copy my posts over while you can, I have a feeling by morning the thread will be edited...
Old 10-27-2008, 07:25 PM
westpak
SFZCC

holy crap, I have sleeves (not GTM) and HKS headgasket, just ordered an oil test kit!!!

I did go through a few oils to get the right viscosity that didn't result in oil consumption, I think I found it
Old 10-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Driven1
Professional

Copy my posts over while you can, I have a feeling by morning the thread will be edited...
+1

People really do need to know. It's too bad so many have been so quiet.

It's all to often that tuners/shops get blamed for what in reality is most likely poor machining or bad assembly of a motor. It's not something anyone can detect until load is exerted on it. It's a delicate process where one oversight can lead to catastrophic failure instantly or over time.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:30 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

I copied them all right before Rude did. But I got a PM from their mod who deleted my post because Rude's contained the same thing, but I don't think they're going to delete his.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Ok, good stuff, thanks for doing it guys...
Old 10-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Sean

let's give props to Booger, who called out GTM very early on and was banned for it by people who were...wait for it.....GTM customers themselves.

Booger, take a bow.
https://my350z.com/forum/4734656-post124.html

oh, I should point out that Senrty 65 was the big GTM defender even back then and felt the ban should be permanent.

Last edited by Sean; 10-27-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Glex25

Don't worry Alberto it's all good.

It's about time most people here start airing out the dirty laundry.
Too many times I'm seeing things kept in the background until it actually happens to you or me.
We as consumers need to know where to spend our hard earn money and the receive quality products in return not empty promises.
We try to do our research and try to base our choices on what we think are sound and intelligent research only to find out its quite the opposite.

From a fellow boosted G looking to build up his motor in the spring

Last edited by Glex25; 10-27-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:36 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

:tips cap to booger:
Old 10-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by Glex25
Don't worry Alberto it's all good.

It's about time most people here start airing out the dirty laundry.
Too many times I'm seeing things kept in the background until it actually happens.
We as consumers need to know where to spend our hard earn money and the receive quality products in return not empty promises.

From a fellow boosted G looking to build up his motor in the spring
You have a pretty good group of engine builders in the region to choose from. I wouldn't worry too much.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by Sean
let's give props to Booger, who called out GTM very early on and was banned for it by people who were...wait for it.....GTM customers themselves.

Booger, take a bow.
https://my350z.com/forum/4734656-post124.html

oh, I should point out that Senrty 65 was the big GTM defender even back then and felt the ban should be permanent.
If Booger got banned for that consider me gone...and I havent posted the evidence yet.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:43 PM
SpoilsofWar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The silence is deafening.

And for the record, despite my "douching up" of the thread about 10 pages back, my point stands - threads get closed not because of people expressing views or trying to "stir up the hornets nest", but because people who write the checks wish it so. Its not hard for a moderator to click a box and delete a post or 20 and keep a thread open. Are you trying to tell me they're that lazy that they just have to close the whole thread?

But I was wrong. I admit that this time, the community has learned something. A few years ago everything needed sleeves. Huge headstuds. The most expensive everything. Everything from the big shops was bulletproof. Everything not tuned by the big shops was a ticking time bomb. I caught all sorts of hell a long while back when I posted that my engine build was being done by a local machine shop and my tuning by the same. I caught the hell from shop nuthuggers, most of who only know how to pull out the credit cards to get any work done on their car - not turn a wrench.

The community has learned something. There is no gospel in this world. Something is not a concrete truth just because it has come from a paying vendor. There are people with hidden agendas here. I was wrong.

Quick Reply: interesting bad built motor thread on G35driver.......