Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

interesting bad built motor thread on G35driver.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 03:30 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SUBSCRIBED.........
Old 10-29-2008, 05:01 AM
BrianLG35C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitrouz
I paid for the head gasket replacement out of pocket.
What head gasket did you go with??
Old 10-29-2008, 05:06 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by sentry65
you gotta wonder, if it was so incredibly easy to make a bulletproof 600whp car for under $80k, why don't more car companies cash in on it?

Even OEM cars break stuff

At least some of us know throwing more money at a build isn't going to make every possible problem magically never show up again. They will.

IMO the more power you run, the more problems you're going to have - expensive or not.
I could be wrong, but I also tend to think more maintenance than normal is needed with higher powered cars.
sorry to go OT..
I think the main difference in high HP applications as oppsoed to our cars is the INLINE 6 vs the V. They can handle abuse like no other.

Last edited by Highway Riding; 10-29-2008 at 05:13 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:47 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

reliable as in what?

how many miles and whp are they running?

...didn't know Intense or Injected even did their own machine work with building engines BTW...interesting, nothing listed on their site
We really do not want to be drug into this mess, though I feel the need to reply to this statement aimed at us. First of all, yes we come from a history of built 2JZ setups, though we primarily deal with VQs at this point. These motors are not apples to apples, but at the end of the day a properly built motor is a properly built motor. We have never used vendor-supplied motors, but rather spent significant time perfecting our own motor packages. To answer your question, we do not own machining equipment - though we work very tightly with a machine shop a mile away that is primarily devoted to us. From there, we assemble the motors. We have always preferred thoroughly testing our packages in house before recommending something to customers. For some, this meant originally waiting a bit longer to purchase a stroker motor until we had thoroughly tested our package and were comfortable selling a "1000HP" motor that we knew holds over 1000hp

We have been very fortunate at this point with no failures to report, though I am sure this will not stay true forever. As we all know, how the failure is handled says a lot about a company - which is why we stand behind our products and make sure everything is right without forcing them to jump through hoops/raindance/etc. I have complete confidence in our assembly including consistent torquing as well as decking of sleeved motors. It makes me cringe to know people are so fearful of sleeves now due to others' failures.

Now back on topic!

Last edited by Dynosty; 10-29-2008 at 05:49 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:52 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doug
I would suggest everyone take a step back and wait for the report to come in..

if you don't have a failed engine from GTM.. and most of you in here are my friends in that category.. do me a favor and back off

wether you guys who had no engine failures with GTM like it or not.. you are burning uneccssary bridges.. wait for the results.. let those who had issues with GTM go at GTM

no one knows the results so it go either way at this point.. just do me a favor and chill out till the results are in
+1

I'm friends with all parties involved and until the report comes out, there's no need to sling mud...

Hope everything works out in your favor Rome... I've had good experiences and bad ones in the past - the only piece of advice I could provide is try your best to protect yourself... Money does funny things to people, I've seen years of friendship go down the tube over a few bucks...
Old 10-29-2008, 06:54 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

nice reply hal, like a good friend said "Good head bolts, good head gasket, flat surfaces, proper torquing, proper machining, fuel, etc. Same way that we build all our 1000K HP motors! "

...though i personally wouldnt have bothered replying to another useless and moronic post by sentry on this thread

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 10-29-2008 at 07:00 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:30 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
...though i personally wouldnt have bothered replying to another useless and moronic post by sentry on this thread
Yeah, my bad guys. I'm done trying to reason or argue with sentry's OT brain droppings.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-29-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Originally Posted by Cannysage
wow, didn't know this. you got the lose-lose deal on that one. with the $$ that I think you've spent it shouldn't be leaking anything and nothing should be lifting with the minimal miles you had on the car. I guess GTM took your cash and wiped their hands clean. That's a double bogus.. with the customs issue and ending up with a money-pit lemon that needed more money dumping to get it to the condition where it should've been in the first place. sorry to hear that.
My wallet agrees with you. But truthfully, Sam is right. We don't know what had happened. The car was not in my possession. Like I said, I don't, and can't blame GTM for the head gasket failure. I just stated what truthfully happened, and I don't blame Sam at all. Now with the new headgasket in, it's been running fine. I've beat on it quite a few times too.

I know some here may think I'm stupid and would never learn, but of course I know more than everyone else here about my transactions with GTM and when/how things we down. It's impossible for me to describe everything and type it out. But if I had to do it again, GTM would still be the only shop I go to. In fact, I'm looking foward to sending my GTR to Sam when the platform is more developed in the aftermarket.

Alex

Let's hold off on the GTM and MRC bashing for now until the report is posted tonight shall we?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:32 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Oh wow Romey, this was uncool of you.
From the G35driver thread....
--------------------

Originally Posted by Julian
On a side note, how come the EVERYTHING has been addressed in this thread with the exception of the Original factual data form the inspection report. The only thing that has not been disputed are the facts found on the preliminary inspection of Vino's motor.

I will say that regardless of the inspection report some new information has surfaced that myself and Sam are reviewing and need to make a determination on, that is NOT cut and dry.

Someone recently brought to Sam and I 's attention this following information:
Following Romey's heads lifting on my dyno, he took possession of the car around memorial day weekend for a car show he claimed to have, and street raced it to over 145mph at 18+ psi. The race was caught on video and posted on Youtube.

Here it is:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TJqaYBXuJSs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TJqaYBXuJSs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I can vouche for the time frame of the video being filmed following the Open dump install and head lifting incident. I can also relay that according to my sources there was coolant spewing all over Romeys windshiled during the race. In the video you clearly see 2 backfires from the drivers tailpipe, most likely floating of a valve...It is my conclusion Rome hurt his original motor more than it already was during this race. He turned a simple headgasket issue into multiple problems due to the fact he
A) could not listen to us
B) felt the need to show off

I have been a friend to Romey for well over a year now, and feel that at this point i am being lied to, and taken advantage of. If there was an issue the we 100% messed up on we would have covered it fully as we always do.

I have spent many many hours adressing issues with Romes car not related to our install and never charged him a penny for my time. We diagnosed a faulty clutch in the initial build, and also fixed a faulty throttle body for FREE, as well as countless dyno sessions for FREE....i gave him parts at cost and labor at 50% rate.

I have not been paid for the test pipe, meth, hose,heatwrap, ect install since May of 2008, nor have I been paid for pulling his motor and reinstalling it on 2 seperate occasions. I am out over $6500 in labor and parts since May of 2008 in regards to this incident.

However I felt an obligation to assist Romey during this process, and felt bad for him. However seeing this video changes EVERYTHING for me and how I feel.

I have been lied to, taken advantage of and have now risked my reputation over an issue that did not need to be...
Regardless of the blame on the initial head gasket issue, the fact that he took out a hurt car and raced it to over 145mph in itself is neglect and abuse by the owner.

How can I stand behind this?? Am I expected to still eat this entire job??
Romey has already told me he is not paying me a single dime, and he did a chargeback on Sam for around $3700. Now the facts come to light that this situation may have been caused by Romey himself...

I am not fully negating GTM for lack of quality control as there seems to be an astounding number og headgasket failures from their motors, and a serious quality control issue..We been running over 24 psi on our car on an HKS headgasket and L19's and zero issuies thus far.

I am posting this up to ask everyone in all seriousness, what should we do at MRC in regards to Romeys motor, and what would YOU do as a shop/business owner if this was presented to you?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:34 PM
craigo'sznprgrs

^^I was just quoting it, you beat me to it.

Wow that is crazy.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:36 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Okay it was uncool Ill have a response up later. Just ask if my car had headlift why was I given the keys? And then ask what does motor 1 which was already taken care of and paid for have to do with motor 2 failing? Is it because one party doesnt want to step up and pay?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:36 PM
jpc350

Default The Philosopher

you gotta wonder, if it was so incredibly easy to make a bulletproof 600whp car for under $80k, why don't more car companies cash in on it?

Even OEM cars break stuff

At least some of us know throwing more money at a build isn't going to make every possible problem magically never show up again. They will.

IMO the more power you run, the more problems you're going to have - expensive or not.
I could be wrong, but I also tend to think more maintenance than normal is needed with higher powered cars.
Sentry,,, you posts are philosophical rants. What do you get out of posting the obvious?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

wow.....

now who's doing the diversion? lol @ Julian.

Rome it's all good. We know the real story.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:46 PM
KPierson
Banned

Originally Posted by r0mey
Is it because one party doesnt want to step up and pay?
So does that mean the report is in? If you want someone to host it Email me and I can put it up for all to see.

I find it funny that 4 weeks ago Julian and Sam weren't on speaking terms but now they are "working together to discuss this newly discovered information".
Old 10-29-2008, 01:46 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Well, nothing against Romey, but whatever the story is, we willl know shortly I am sure.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Motormouth
Banned

I am misunderstanding. That is the first motor. That issue was resolved, doesn't matter in context of a second motor not running on start up, right?

GTM rebuilt the motor I though, or completely replaced it.
Cannysage

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Oh wow Romey, this was uncool of you.
From the G35driver thread....
--------------------
ouch.. talk about wrong timing to do something that careless..
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by KPierson
So does that mean the report is in? If you want someone to host it Email me and I can put it up for all to see.

I find it funny that 4 weeks ago Julian and Sam weren't on speaking terms but now they are "working together to discuss this newly discovered information".
Seems to be in per this post on g35driver...

"The report didnt go against GTM on my second motor. Motor 1 and motor 2 have NOTHING to do with each other and im sure sam and or george can verify that"
Old 10-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

like Rome said...what does motor 1 have to do with the current motor? Unless it wasn't fixed by Julian in the first place...just don't want to be confused with 2 issues...

I just want to know (and I'm sure all others too) who's at fault THIS TIME (as this thread is about) and what happened? So we can all learn from it...
Old 10-29-2008, 01:53 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

So this thread is about Motor 2. And it sounds like you are saying Motor 1 was the one in the video correct?

Quick Reply: interesting bad built motor thread on G35driver.......