Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

interesting bad built motor thread on G35driver.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just want to let everyone know that I received a nice threatening voicemal from Julian just now.

Very professional Julian, confirms I was right about you.

I just feel sorry for Romey,Vino, and Zoni - They are the real victims here.

SAM
GT MOTORSPORTS
Old 10-29-2008, 06:27 PM
frankie945

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope you guys get things sorted out. From reading all these posts I would not go to either shop now. You guys need to work together to solve these issues and leave them off the forums. Just my opinion both shops need to do something. Shop Reputation means a lot on this forum. I will be going to IP... It's just down the road.

Last edited by frankie945; 10-29-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:27 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

This was all Julian posted in response to Sam's post about r0mey's motor:

Originally Posted by Julian
Ta Daa.....GTM Magic.....Must be made of teflon.
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Old 10-29-2008, 06:28 PM
alan21

^^I dont no about that post.....Im glad this issue has been resolved and the true facts have come to light. I always knew Sam was a stand up guy based on my dealings with him. Thanks for the great motor im really enjoying it!
Old 10-29-2008, 06:29 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Old 10-29-2008, 06:33 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

I have not been paid for the test pipe, meth, hose,heatwrap, ect install since May of 2008, nor have I been paid for pulling his motor and reinstalling it on 2 seperate occasions. I am out over $6500 in labor and parts since May of 2008 in regards to this incident.
OMG, I'm willing to bet that r0mey's loyal support of MRC here on my350z and in the local NJ area brought in enough business to cover this amount many times over.

It's a shame how Julian decided to throw r0mey under the bus after everything that r0mey did for him.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:38 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

MRC FAIL!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 06:44 PM
KPierson
Banned

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
I just want to let everyone know that I received a nice threatening voicemal from Julian just now.

Very professional Julian, confirms I was right about you.

SAM
GT MOTORSPORTS
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

You haven't exactly portrayed yourself in the most professional manner with the numerous cheap shots you've made towards Julian.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

***Zoni’s Motor – Broken Oil Squirters.***

This case is very simple, the pistons we received from (XYZ piston company since Julian won’t provide and invoice) had a manufacturer defect since they broke the oil squirters.

When we assembled the engine they were not touching when we rotate the assembly, they were just like any other engine.
Julian discovers the oil squirters are broken because the car came in for an oil change.

We built the engine, therefore we take full responsibility to remedy the problem.

Yes, we take full responsibility we are not diverting the blame – but we need information to pull the job card, can you take your car in for warranty without a VIN?

Yes, you can change the oil squirters WITHOUT dropping the engine out of the car, if you can’t figure that out, then you should stick to your day job.
You claim you spent $3,200 to repair this problem, yet we SPOKE TO THE OWNER OF THE CAR and he verified that this problem has never been corrected and his car still has broken oil squirters. Again you are caught in your lies.

We are still going to take care of Zoni and supply him with the parts he needs to remedy the problem.

Julian completely tried to con us out of $3,200, if that isn’t a sign of someone’s true character I don’t know what is.

Engine was removed from the car, and fixed all costs covered by us.... That is customer service. I can send GTM the bill if you would like to stand behind your product. However there was no need to ship a motor across the country when we knew what the issue was and could fix it right at our facility. A mutual trus and working together would have been GTM offering to absorb the cost of repairing the motor at our facility which is the practical thing to do.However Sam cares more about the mighty dollar than trust and integrity. We ate over $3200 in labor on that job...
Thank you GTM!
SAM
GT MOTORSPORTS

Last edited by Sam@GTM; 10-29-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:50 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by KPierson

You haven't exactly portrayed yourself in the most professional manner with the numerous cheap shots you've made towards Julian.
+1 to that too.

But at least it doesn't look like Sam/GTM was trying to screw r0mey. Julian did.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-29-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by KPierson

Thank you for your input, you have been very objective this entire time and I respect that.

While you are correct in that things could have been handled better, it is very hard when you are dealing with this type of character. Constant personal attacks to us, it is hard to not do the same.

As I stated before this is a lose-lose situation and wished it never happened, there was no reason for things to come to this.

Maybe we can all learn something from this.

SAM
GT MOTORSPORTS
Old 10-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

I said mileage was unchanged as it was within the same ballpark. After 7 months, I honestly did not remember EXACTLY the mileage. But it was in the same ballpark.

Sorry if I wasn't clear...

Trust me, if I had a reason to blame GTM or ANYONE, I'd rather just get it done for free. It's my money. There's no reason for me to cover Sam or anyone else with my own hard earned money.
acg

Would not have been as entertaining as it was without some cheap shots thrown in here and there
frankie945

GTM and MRC needs to get together, Burn one, and be done with it.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

I want to thank all our customers and supporters. I know it is very difficult to hear these things of the shop that built your car/engine, a company that you believed in. We appreciate all the support and we will be here if you need us. This has been a bad situation but a lot has been learned from it. It will only make us better. Just want you guys to know that you can always count on GTM.

SAM
GT MOTORSPORTS
Old 10-29-2008, 07:00 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Overall I think a lot of us could have acted a tad more mature/professional in this thread, myself included

I think Sam's recent epic posts are /thread worthy, especially after some of the prior posts leading up to them.

I still feel 100% good about buying a GTM engine....but I'll still take everyone's flames/warnings. I know it's inevitable, but I gotta listen to my gut...

Last edited by sentry65; 10-29-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Driven1
Professional

IMO NO ONE has been proven without a doubt to NOT be at fault on ANY of the issues (except for the oil squirter, but thats not the first time right? ). Questioning character doesn't do anything but show lack of professionalism. A piston report doesn't do anything for me. Im sure it was an ARIAS piston too. Do you think they'd admit in their own report that their piston may have had a hotspot or bur on it? I am NOT by any means defending MRC. I have no reason to. Just trying to educate people and not let them jump to conclusions. I've seen Arias pistons come out of the box with what are damn near nipples in the center from the machining. Not only that, but there are reasons in the report that are NOT a tuners fault that cause detonation which are feasible (low ring pressure) . And whats the "Other" category? Why are these not pointed out or recognized as possibilities?

It may seem as if i'm "bashing GTM" and thats not the case. There have been instances imo where they have NOT been the stand-up company they portray (and still imo have not proven themselves scott free in these cases or others mentioned in this thread).

If you can't trust your fellow experienced industry professionals then why should they trust you? (Im not implying just Julian but in general)

Last edited by Driven1; 10-29-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:07 PM
Dynasty.Zero

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
I want to thank all our customers and supporters. I know it is very difficult to hear these things of the shop that built your car/engine, a company that you believed in. We appreciate all the support and we will be here if you need us. This has been a bad situation but a lot has been learned from it. It will only make us better. Just want you guys to know that you can always count on GTM.

SAM
GT MOTORSPORTS
See you this weekend sir.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:14 PM
monokuroboo
CHRIS (350) FTL

What more can i say..i post up this thread with conclusive results that Vino's motor was improperly assembled, and this turns into a big old S storm. The multiple GTM head gasket failures from multiple shops must all be all imagined? So a quality control issue on several GTM engines, get reversed to fall upon the little guy once again..What more can i say? Sam is always right, he always will be, thats the bottom line....

Im a hot head, and let my emotions get the best of me all the time...I guess I need to learn how to play the game better. Im tapping out, I have no more energy or motivation to continue in this industry at this point...I argued my case with some valid facts and points, and as usual my personality get brought up, and my emotions get the best of me.

We will do our best to get our customer back up and running, but i can assure you we will be taking on no new business..I have been contemplating closing the shop for a while now..And this last stand honestly seals the deal for me. I hate this industry, I hate the people in it, it is no longer is even fun for me.. When the passion is gone and you have exhausted you last bit of energy and made enemies all over, where do you have left to go..

NEW FLASH: Sam Wins...Im tapping out..
MRC MOTORSPORTS LLC will cease to operate as of 12/1/2008. Its been fun, but we have other issues at hand internally and personally as well as business related...

Peace out and thanks to all the supporters..

And Sam,

If we ever meet again, we will have a nice man to man talk about our personal felling towards one another...I never trusted you, you badmouthed everyone to me, Jermey, Shariff, injected, EVERYONE..Your a cocky sumbitch..Good luck in life..

posted by Julian on driver.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:15 PM
jtgli

I learned one thing from this thread. Build my own d@mn motor. Then if something goes wrong, its my fault not this back and forth BS.

Quick Reply: interesting bad built motor thread on G35driver.......