Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

interesting bad built motor thread on G35driver.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ahhh, threatening PMs from MRC/julian. I miss those.

no wait, I don't.

you should post it up!!! POST IT
Old 10-29-2008, 07:16 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Driven1
IMO NO ONE has been proven without a doubt to NOT be at fault on ANY of the issues. Questioning character doesn't do anything but show lack of professionalism. A piston report doesn't do anything for me. Im sure it was an ARIAS piston too. Do you think they'd admit in their own report that their piston may have had a hotspot or bur on it? I am NOT by any means defending MRC. I have no reason to. Just trying to educate people and not let them jump to conclusions. I've seen Arias pistons come out of the box with what are damn near nipples in the center from the machining. Not only that, but there are reasons in the report that are NOT a tuners fault that cause detonation which are feasible (low ring pressure) . And whats the "Other" category? Why are these not pointed out or recognized as possibilities?

It may seem as if i'm "bashing GTM" and thats not the case. There have been instances imo where they have NOT been the stand-up company they portray (and still imo have not proven themselves scott free in these cases or others mentioned in this thread).

If you can't trust your fellow experienced industry professionals then why should they trust you? (Im not implying just Julian but in general)
Agreed. I think GTM has some quality control issues with their motors that they are not willing to admit and it has become obvious that the problem extends beyond MRC's doorstep. And I have issues with George (a non-employee who is in fact a friend & customer who hangs out at the shop) posting in a formal capacity portraying himself as an expert and authority. I think the admins should seriously reconsider George's status as a sponsor.

However, it now appears that GTM wasn't trying to screw r0mey. Look how Julian threw r0mey (a loyal friend and customer who went to bat for MRC countless times on my350z) under the bus. Why in the hell wouldn't Julian have checked for a fuel and/or spark problem before pulling the motor and starting this drama with GTM??? It looks like Julian betrayed his friend r0mey just to win a battle against GTM. It's absolutely shameful and disgusting.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-29-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:17 PM
monokuroboo
CHRIS (350) FTL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Motormouth
ahhh, threatening PMs from MRC/julian. I miss those.

no wait, I don't.

you should post it up!!! POST IT
oh man.... the days of Julian on this board....

"where's my headlift brotha?"
Old 10-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Motormouth
Banned

yes, just because Julian tried to throw Romey under the bus and was culpable in the failure of the engine, it doesn't mean GTM doesn't have issues. don't forget people...
Old 10-29-2008, 07:22 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by monokuroboo
posted by Julian on driver.
:jawdr op::ja wdrop:
Old 10-29-2008, 07:29 PM
sentry65
the burninator

...the internet can be an incredibly brutal place
Old 10-29-2008, 07:30 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

yes, just because Julian tried to throw Romey under the bus and was culpable in the failure of the engine, it doesn't mean GTM doesn't have issues. don't forget people...
Agreed to the fullest.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Blck350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Detective ******* solves another one.....

oh and this kinda stuff between adults makes me ....
Old 10-29-2008, 07:46 PM
go-fast
Banned

IMO NO ONE has been proven without a doubt to NOT be at fault on ANY of the issues (except for the oil squirter, but thats not the first time right? ). Questioning character doesn't do anything but show lack of professionalism. A piston report doesn't do anything for me. Im sure it was an ARIAS piston too. Do you think they'd admit in their own report that their piston may have had a hotspot or bur on it? I am NOT by any means defending MRC. I have no reason to. Just trying to educate people and not let them jump to conclusions. I've seen Arias pistons come out of the box with what are damn near nipples in the center from the machining. Not only that, but there are reasons in the report that are NOT a tuners fault that cause detonation which are feasible (low ring pressure) . And whats the "Other" category? Why are these not pointed out or recognized as possibilities?

It may seem as if i'm "bashing GTM" and thats not the case. There have been instances imo where they have NOT been the stand-up company they portray (and still imo have not proven themselves scott free in these cases or others mentioned in this thread).

If you can't trust your fellow experienced industry professionals then why should they trust you? (Im not implying just Julian but in general)
it is easier to just copy your quote...+1
Old 10-29-2008, 07:49 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Blck350z
Detective ******* solves another one.....

oh and this kinda stuff between adults makes me ....

This thread needed that!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 07:54 PM
04LIQUIDSILVER

That Sux ... Man I wish I had my car finish by MRC Now don't now where to go....
Old 10-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by go-fast
it is easier to just copy your quote...+1
haha. They ignore ALOT of legitimate questions and distract from legitimate issues and questions. Kind of frustrating, but some of us know better.

I can hardly even get a reply.

Hopefully some people have learned some good knowledge from this thread...and NO that doesn't mean "build your own motor". I would actually highly recommend against it, unless you absolutely know what you're doing. Leave it to the professionals.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:03 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Hopefully some people have learned some good knowledge from this thread...and NO that doesn't mean "build your own motor". I would actually highly recommend against it, unless you absolutely know what you're doing. Leave it to the professionals.
+1

There are other good, competent, and honest shops out there. You just have to be willing to travel the distance to one of them if necessary.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by 04LIQUIDSILVER
That Sux ... Man I wish I had my car finish by MRC Now don't now where to go....
The East Coast is FULL of good shops.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:21 PM
UMW350Z

Originally Posted by 04LIQUIDSILVER
Welcome to my world man....but I was banned from MRC

Last edited by UMW350Z; 10-29-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Motormouth
Banned

wtf?^ banned, why?
Old 10-29-2008, 08:27 PM
UMW350Z

On another note, did anyone here pick up a used NISMO Y pipe from MRC? If so, thats mine and I would like it back please . It's in great condition, driven in the rain twice, normal discoloration from heat.

If you got it could I pllleeease have it back?
Old 10-29-2008, 08:28 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UMW350Z
On another note, did anyone here pick up a used NISMO Y pipe from MRC? If so, thats mine and I would like it back please . It's in great condition, driven in the rain twice, normal discoloration from heat.

If you got it could I pllleeease have it back?
Are you still going to make that thread you and i spoke about??
Old 10-29-2008, 08:29 PM
UMW350Z

wtf?^ banned, why?
In due time my friend, in due time.

I let the cat out of the bag on g35 driver...I filed small claims against MRC yesterday. MRC might have gotten the letter today or might get it tomorrow since they are so close to New Brunswick. Lets hope he doesn't just ignore it like he ignored my BBB complaint too.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:32 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

posted this on the other thread
Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
Julian quite playing vitcim...yes gtm still has to admit that there could be issues with the engines in question even if its just 0.003% of their whole engine sales....arrogant attitude and jumping the gun on blame need to disappear, in the end they showed they are going to help rome out more than you, and backtracked on the issue of the cams and are trying to remedy things, and for the sake of helping rome i give props, gtm remember that being humble is better pr than playing to be godlike.
Julian, REMEMBER, YOU BROUGHT ALL THIS TO YOURSELF NOW, HOW ON EARTH DID YOU THINK YOU WERE GOING TO GET SUPPORT BY THROWING ROME UNDER THE BUS???? and now you are quitting? ...now its time for you to man up and honor your word which you said was "stronger than oak" and help in getting rome back on the road..and learn that you simply cannot "SHlT where you eat"

Quick Reply: interesting bad built motor thread on G35driver.......