Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

interesting bad built motor thread on G35driver.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 06:31 AM
athenG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Driven1
The East Coast is FULL of good shops.

Yes but only a handful in NYC/NJ that actually know G35/350Z... VTR dont tune or at least only tune SS, Hydra or their favorite EMS which is a Reflash... If you have Utec, Fcon, Unichip, Emanage and you want a shop that have actually tuned them and experience with our car then in my book MRC is the place in NYC/NJ. Yes there are shops that can tune Utec, Fcon, Emanage...etc but they dont really have the experience on our car. I have a local shop that I go to for my minor stuff and minor tune who can tune a wide variety of EMS but they are more of an Mitsu/Subbie/SRT..shop. Even though I have known the shop owner for years (Since 1997) I'm still skeptic to have him to do a major work on my car... Maybe my shop can do it but I dont want to be the first...
Old 10-30-2008, 06:39 AM
Driven1
Professional

So did you or did you not have a 4.2L? One sentence you say you did..the next says you went with a 4.0L non sleeved.

Ill have go at this one as well.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:41 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by athenG
Yes but only a handful in NYC/NJ that actually know G35/350Z... VTR dont tune or at least only tune SS, Hydra or their favorite EMS which is a Reflash... If you have Utec, Fcon, Unichip, Emanage and you want a shop that have actually tuned them and experience with our car then in my book MRC is the place in NYC/NJ. Yes there are shops that can tune Utec, Fcon, Emanage...etc but they dont really have the experience on our car. I have a local shop that I go to for my minor stuff and minor tune who can tune a wide variety of EMS but they are more of an Mitsu/Subbie/SRT..shop. Even though I have known the shop owner for years (Since 1997) I'm still skeptic to have him to do a major work on my car... Maybe my shop can do it but I dont want to be the first...
again sorry for the OT bs but:
Not many shops at all that tune the Z in NJ. r0mey was the reason i myself went to MRC a year ago (also from coming to my350Z alone) to try and start a relationship. At the time i was a newb and felt slighted and didnt return. Still looking for a shop. r0mey again i fell for ya and hope u get back running soon bro.. IMHO the customer is always right.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:53 AM
discom

Originally Posted by Driven1
So did you or did you not have a 4.2L? One sentence you say you did..the next says you went with a 4.0L non sleeved.

Ill have go at this one as well.
As stated in my post, I bought a sleeved 4.2L first and then sent that back when we discovered moisture on underside of the oil cap. I got a non sleeved 4.0L as a replacement and paid an additional 7000 for it.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:56 AM
Floridaboy1605

So u had to pay an extra 7000 bones!!??that sounds redic to me!
Old 10-30-2008, 07:01 AM
discom

Originally Posted by Floridaboy1605
So u had to pay an extra 7000 bones!!??that sounds redic to me!
I wish people learn to read the complete post before replying.

But it seems like some people just want to read what they want to see and pick on that

Or maybe my English is not competent enough?
Old 10-30-2008, 07:05 AM
gothchick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow is all I can say - epic thread.

More twists & turns than a good novel.

Last edited by gothchick; 10-30-2008 at 07:09 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:15 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by discom

But it seems like some people just want to read what they want to see and pick on that

It's definitely not you........

<---Wonders if gothchick will now be making MRC/VRT comparisons.....or if that fits into her agenda???
Old 10-30-2008, 07:18 AM
blasian

I understood it just fine
Old 10-30-2008, 07:21 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain

<---Wonders if gothchick will now be making MRC/VRT comparisons.....or if that fits into her agenda???
robin, we both know the extend of vrts and employees failed actions.... that comparison isnt the case.....VRTs fails can only be compared to the shlt of brain "mr jiggsaw paint" has
Old 10-30-2008, 07:32 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
robin, we both know the extend of vrts and employees failed actions.... that comparison isnt the case.....VRTs fails can only be compared to the shlt of brain "mr jiggsaw paint" has
There was a tad bit of sarcasm in my post......

It was in reference to this post:

https://my350z.com/forum/6483356-post316.html
Old 10-30-2008, 07:40 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
again sorry for the OT bs but:
Not many shops at all that tune the Z in NJ. r0mey was the reason i myself went to MRC a year ago (also from coming to my350Z alone) to try and start a relationship. At the time i was a newb and felt slighted and didnt return. Still looking for a shop. r0mey again i fell for ya and hope u get back running soon bro.. IMHO the customer is always right.
Thank you for the kind words I didnt even know I had that kinda influence to make people go to a shop that I really dont even know
Old 10-30-2008, 07:42 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It seems that MRC is a victim of the new economy as much as anything else IMO. More and more shops seem to be struggling with sales and help. Even industry leaders (Greddy) are feeling the hit the economy is putting on the industry. Shops are operating on smaller margins as product, labor and insurance prices rise while customers are tyring to build on a budget. Maybe, in the end, we will be left with 4 or 5 shops nationwide that still specialize in the VQ? I am already one of the many that have to make "day trips" to get their car tuned or dropped off. I am just glad that in my case, its always been worth the trouble.

BTW - Robbie, shouldn't you be selling a Condo somewhere to pay for more mods?
Old 10-30-2008, 08:11 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by r0mey
Thank you for the kind words I didnt even know I had that kinda influence to make people go to a shop that I really dont even know
Ur more than welcome. And you most certainly do (influence) my man. I would bet alot more people have also gone because of your ride even if they don't admit it. All the NJ guys on here want to see you back as well as all the the people that lurk(non z owners) and are watching this unfold.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:15 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

No your english is good enough that I thought it was your first language, the non retards understand your point completely.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:21 AM
Driven1
Professional

I can understand English fine and I don't mean for this to seem like an attack by any means as it is not meant that way. I just asked for a clarification b/t the 2 posts as this is the first time hearing about your case. I just find it sad that you accepted such a convenient excuse for what was happening with you motor. The humidity in Singapore is typically (year round climate there really doesn't change much) as high as 90% in the early morning retreating to 60% by afternoon unless during prolonged heavy rain and can even drop as low as 50%. There are also areas of the U.S. where this is common if not worse and imo is nothing extraordinary. Now depending on which side of the island you live on the eastern side is significantly drier. Once again, convenient excuse.

I also might mention that Bam Bam was sold this motor SPECIFICALLY to do salt flat runs in Bonneville where the climate is MUCH worse during the known time of the trip (August)and more humid (typically 100%) than that of Singapore. But NO mention was EVER made of this by GTM. FYI.

I find it amusing that the first excuse for the oil seepage was...it must have been damaged during shipping. How does a HG get damaged during shipping? Im curious. Granted it seems like he took car of it, this is just another example of immediate deflection of blame.

The excuses just seem to fly immediately when they have not done 100% of the work.

I wish you the best but imo unfortunately you're just another example of the convenient excuses and poor acceptance of responsibility. Honestly, I wish your guys had ripped it apart and seen what was up with it.

Cass: I don't have condos to sell. I have people who do that for me (www.mcwilliamsballard.com). I build them and am actually doing quite well. Waiting for some conctere to dry right now actually and watching some backfilling.

Last edited by Driven1; 10-30-2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:24 AM
gothchick

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain

haha... did your agenda ever include any actual performance mods, or are you still "all show & no go"?!

Last edited by gothchick; 10-30-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:38 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

I am going to be working with both GTM and MRC today to figure out what needs to be done as agreed by both parties the 3rd party report has come out and obviously the third party wants to be paid for their work. And they need to be paid. So hopefully we can come to some resolution shortly. I will post back soon.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cass: I don't have condos to sell. I have people who do that for me (www.mcwilliamsballard.com). I build them and am actually doing quite well. Waiting for some conctere to dry right now actually and watching some backfilling.
Just messin with you Robbie.... I'm gonna go sell some bagels to pay for my build.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:59 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by gothchick
haha... did your agenda ever include any actual performance mods, or are you still "all show & no go"?!
I guess time will tell huh???

You'll be the first person I PM......

It's obvious......"Hell has no fury like a woman scorned..."

Edit: Do you have some sort of jealousy due to "no show or go"???

Last edited by buzzardmountain; 10-30-2008 at 09:01 AM.

Quick Reply: interesting bad built motor thread on G35driver.......