Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Powerlab Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 03:49 AM
dskang100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerlab Instructions

If anyone has a copy of the Powerlab instructions in downloadable form can you please post or PM them to me ?

I have to get the instructions from Intense... and Intense is at SEMA!!
Old 11-07-2008, 04:41 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

is the piping that difficult to figure out? just curious?
Old 11-07-2008, 04:53 AM
UMW350Z

Don't forget to reinforce the welds on the pipe with the wastegate
Old 11-07-2008, 04:53 AM
dskang100

Originally Posted by str8dum1
It's a "simple" kit to someone who has seen the other kits on the market and has done them before but I plan on DIY'ing most of it and I've never done FI.

I'm actually organizing a binder right now with useful DIY's I've found on the forums and plan to use it as a central reference guide before starting. Sure if I worked at the shop I probably wouldn't need it but I don't
Old 11-07-2008, 05:26 AM
z2envy

PM me your email address and I'll send it to you. Also look at Jeffie's Random pics he has alot of useful info in there too.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:29 AM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Got your PM!! I don't have access to all the Powerlab files at this time, but let me see what I can come-up with.

You can try to use jeffie7's DIY Powerlab thread for reference....

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...o-install.html

Edit: Looks like z2envy is helping you out. Thanks!!
Old 11-07-2008, 05:33 AM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UMW350Z
Don't forget to reinforce the welds on the pipe with the wastegate

This is why you should always install your own stuff if you can. Who knows if they flexed that pipe trying to get it in place or dropped it or what.

Maybe I'm just super lucky but I've had ZERO issues with the kit other then missing some utec parts that intense shipped overnight

I've seen a handful of problems from you and that other guy and I just can't figure it out.

My cars one of the oldest powerlab cars done and its sitting in my garage as happy as can be.

Granted I don't drive it often, however, when I do drive it. I DRIVE IT.

=)
Old 11-07-2008, 05:36 AM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1
there's a good bit of pieces with the cross over, up pipe, down pipe, 2 pipes that make up the y pipe, each pipe is very clearly labeled and the directions for the piping part of the kit were good at the time.

Don't forget injectors, moving of random parts to make the large piping fit, how to put together turbo since it doesn't ship built, it's in pieces... list goes on.
Would it be posible to put it together with out the directions? I did it with out them for the most part lol, however, I had to call intense every few days.
It's nice to have and read over before you start the project so if it was me I wouldn't start with out them.

What really sucks with this kit is the piping is so big its VERY hard to get it in place, a few times I looked at the piping and looked at the hole the piping went into and told my self no way in hell is this going to fit. but after not trying to force it but rather looking at different ways of putting it in, for example putting it in rotated 90o then once its in place correcting the rotation I was able to make stuff fit. This is not a kit you just simply bolt the piping up on, again, there's next to no room for mistakes.

Last edited by jeffie7; 11-07-2008 at 05:39 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:37 AM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on what Jeffie said!!

I think I have seen three people say they had the weld at the WG crack. All fixed quickly, and never had an issue after that.

I think I heard Powerlab is looking into reinforcing the weld further to help prevent this from happening anymore.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:42 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

werd jeff, i know about 13 people i've exchanged pms with that have ordered the powerlab kits, 5 were DIYs and are enjoying them already..... i think UMWs case is much further than just a couple little things missing... but that is a totally OT situation
Old 11-07-2008, 05:53 AM
z2envy

I've had 0 issues so far and I drive my car daily. Installed the kit myself with my roomate and had PF tune it for me. I drive it like I stole it. 30miles to work 30miles back home every day. Oh and it's definatly a tight fit!
Old 11-07-2008, 06:08 AM
dskang100

Originally Posted by z2envy
PM me your email address and I'll send it to you. Also look at Jeffie's Random pics he has alot of useful info in there too.
PM Sent! Thank you everyone!
Old 11-07-2008, 06:29 AM
dskang100

Originally Posted by z2envy
Yeah I've read Jeffie's install many times and it has been a great help to me.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:36 AM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

dskang100, feel free to PM me if you want. I know the people @ Intense and Powerlab. I might be able to get some questions answered for you since they are out of the office if you need it.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:42 AM
UMW350Z

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
werd jeff, i know about 13 people i've exchanged pms with that have ordered the powerlab kits, 5 were DIYs and are enjoying them already..... i think UMWs case is much further than just a couple little things missing... but that is a totally OT situation
I think once I get rewelded and get this other WG issue resolved and get retuned, I think i should be safe. otherwise i like the kit...it is great to know I have so much power left to be tapped...6 psi is nothing.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:51 PM
honkiemann

make that 4 people... i had the same issue with the weld near the wastegate, other than that its a monster that i drive everyday with zero issues!!!
Old 11-07-2008, 06:51 PM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Originally Posted by honkiemann
make that 4 people... i had the same issue with the weld near the wastegate, other than that its a monster that i drive everyday with zero issues!!!
Did the weld brake after having the kit on for a while, or was this from the beginning?

Do you possibly have a picture of the crack? We would love to pass that on as a reference to Powerlab so they can prevent it from happening in the future.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:21 PM
txshldm
B8BB8B88

+1^^^^ does anyone mind posting pictures up here so I can fix this problem before I start my install next week !

Thanks
Keith
Old 11-07-2008, 09:19 PM
honkiemann

Originally Posted by IntenseFab
Did the weld brake after having the kit on for a while, or was this from the beginning?

Do you possibly have a picture of the crack? We would love to pass that on as a reference to Powerlab so they can prevent it from happening in the future.
i didnt get a pic of it cause i had it dropped off to my buddies shop, and he had it fixed before i got back.. it broke roughly 2k miles on the car...
Old 11-08-2008, 07:46 AM
UMW350Z

Got fixed today

mine was cracked completely 360 degrees right where the wastegate attaches to the crossover pipe...reinforce that area well. The company that fixed it noted it was definitely the fault of the factory machine welds and it could POSSIBLY be related to weight of the pipes that this area carries. They looked for a spot to put hangers to help take off some stress, but there are no good ones.

Quick Reply: Powerlab Instructions