Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Per Julian: The Fall of MRC Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 05:06 AM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by discom
LOL...I could not resist and went over for a looksee...and at least I got to see pics of his wife followed by him getting into an argument with the Supermod and various mods

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=382518
There is one picture missing...the one with the full frontal or as some on here call it ..."Roast Beef".....
Old 11-28-2008, 05:55 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
There is one picture missing...the one with the full frontal or as some on here call it ..."Roast Beef".....
WOW. The pix are real. IMO i wouldn't eva put my wife/girl or even side piece on the internets. What ever happened to privacy?
Old 11-28-2008, 06:11 AM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
WOW. The pix are real. IMO i wouldn't eva put my wife/girl or even side piece on the internets. What ever happened to privacy?
his offline persona took them with the best intentions,but his online persona got a hold of the pics and couldn't resist posting. (j's second favorite smiley)
Old 11-28-2008, 06:25 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by go-fast
his offline persona took them with the best intentions,but his online persona got a hold of the pics and couldn't resist posting. (j's second favorite smiley)
LOL i now can say i agree... while sometimes i want to post pix i've taken in the past i just won't do it. I guess the IT tech in me won't ever allow it..
Old 11-28-2008, 06:43 AM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
He made those posts publicly and put them online on an internet forum, at which point it becomes public knowledge that can be shared at any given moment without the author's permission and/or knowledge.
The poster has no rights, but the forum it was posted on does....they could take offence to the theft of content...I am sure your IB overlords are aware of the legality of it.
I just didn't want anyone to think that anything posted on a forum is a free for all.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
I doubt those who have had disagreements with Julian offline and outside of the forums would agree with your assertion that Julian's real personality is very dissimilar from his internet personality.

Bottom line: Julian has a well known and well documented history of being a ***** with anyone who disagrees with him. It's not just an internet and/or forum persona!

Ask Sam at GTM, Darren at Intense, UMW350Z, etc. etc.

He acted very, very differently the two times (maybe more) I have met him. I had dinner with the guy and he barely spoke unless you asked him a direct question.

But that wasn't one on one or at his shop. I know more than one guy who went to his shop (or called) and was treated like an ******* by Julian.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by Sean
The poster has no rights, but the forum it was posted on does....they could take offence to the theft of content...I am sure your IB overlords are aware of the legality of it.
I just didn't want anyone to think that anything posted on a forum is a free for all.

wat
Old 11-28-2008, 09:26 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Motormouth
He acted very, very differently the two times (maybe more) I have met him. I had dinner with the guy and he barely spoke unless you asked him a direct question.

But that wasn't one on one or at his shop. I know more than one guy who went to his shop (or called) and was treated like an ******* by Julian.
That's why I specified those who have had a disagreement with him. I don't doubt he can be a nice guy in person (when there is no conflict or disagreement with him).

However, based on those who have had disagreement or conflict with Julian offline/off forum, his offline temper and lack of professionalism can be just as nasty as his "online personality".

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-28-2008 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:30 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Old 11-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Motormouth
Banned

ah, yes... I would tend to agree with that. just like he seems to think I am two faced, though I am not... we just never had a verbal disagreement in person for him to find out that I am, in fact the same.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:04 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Sean
I am not quite sure thats correct I would agree if the person that transfered the info over here was charging admission to see said info. Its like copying a NBA game....its ok as long as you are not charging admission to view it. Youtube was not be in business if this was correct.

Last edited by XKR; 11-28-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Sean

Originally Posted by XKR
I am not quite sure thats correct I would agree if the person that transfered the info over here was charging admission to see said info. Its like copying a NBA game....its ok as long as you are not charging admission to view it. Youtube was not be in business if this was correct.

You can not post an NBA game on youtube, sure...you may acctually do it, but if they notice it will be removed, just like Simpsons episodes ect....youtube makes money the same way this site does...visits. The amount of visits determines ad revenue.
If a content owner posts his own content on the site it can be used within the terms of the user agreement. Like a kid filming his dog in the park....but if someone took that same kids video off of the FOX news site it would be infringment.
The "Fair Use" clause won't save youtube from getting into trouble.

Here is some youtube info.
" At the time of uploading a video, YouTube users are shown a screen with the following message:

Do not upload any TV shows, music videos, music concerts or commercials without permission unless they consist entirely of content you created yourself. The Copyright Tips page and the Community Guidelines can help you determine whether your video infringes someone else's copyright.

Despite this advice, there are still many unauthorized clips from television shows, films and music videos on YouTube. YouTube does not view videos before they are posted online, and it is left to copyright holders to issue a takedown notice under the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Organizations including Viacom and the English Premier League have issued lawsuits against YouTube, claiming that it has done too little to prevent the uploading of copyrighted material.[22][23] Viacom, demanding $1 billion in damages, said that it had found more than 150,000 unauthorized clips of its material on YouTube that had been viewed "an astounding 1.5 billion times". YouTube responded by stating that it "goes far beyond its legal obligations in assisting content owners to protect their works". Since Viacom issued its lawsuit, YouTube has introduced a system called Video ID, which checks uploaded videos against a database of copyrighted content with the aim of of reducing violations.[24][25]

In July 2008, Viacom won a court ruling requiring YouTube to hand over data detailing the viewing habits of every user who has watched videos on the site. The move led to concerns that the viewing habits of individual users could be identified through a combination of their IP addresses and login names."

As far as Forums go, you will find legal protections on the program running the site and another on the content.
A Forum is not = to standing on the corner with a bullhorn. That is why there is no freedom of speach on one. It is private property. Some sites take this seriously and do occasional searches on Google to see if material has been posted anywhere other then the owning site. If they find that it has they request it's removal, if that fails they sue. I have seen this on car databases that people have worked on as well as blogs.

I don't really want to OT this thread into copyright....so carry on.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:36 PM
go-fast
Banned

one forum threatening another is a slippery slope,just about every forum out there has content that was not authorized by someone.if they where to challenge this thread they would open themselves to the same scrutiny.only a fool would want to go down that road.especially for questionable vendor/member such as julian,he has bad mouthed and threatened enough livelyhoods to make it worth the fight.just my
Old 11-29-2008, 07:13 AM
XKR

one forum threatening another is a slippery slope,just about every forum out there has content that was not authorized by someone.if they where to challenge this thread they would open themselves to the same scrutiny.only a fool would want to go down that road.especially for questionable vendor/member such as julian,he has bad mouthed and threatened enough livelyhoods to make it worth the fight.just my
I had the same thought
Old 11-30-2008, 08:23 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

I wonder if he want to sell the dyno??

Last edited by eagletanggreen; 11-30-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:43 AM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
I wonder if he want to sell the dyno??
he said he was going to put it in a van and go shop to shop renting the dyno out.i don't really understand the logistics,but o.k. gl with that.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:24 PM
JDSMotoring
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

His dyno is for sale on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dyno-...7687QQtcZphoto
Old 11-30-2008, 02:59 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

slightly used
hmmm
Old 11-30-2008, 03:39 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by zpaaji
Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm

Where do we go from here

Last edited by XKR; 11-30-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:31 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

I think I might just buy it and put it in the garage and drive the neighbors crazy.

Or

I can travel around NC at WalMarts and have my own dyno dayz>>

Quick Reply: Per Julian: The Fall of MRC Motorsports