Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 07:43 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bb1314
Lets leave the tacky thing alone could we? It's a subjective topic that will never lead to conclusion. It's like you probably think my girl is ugly and I probably think your mom is fat. But at the end of the day I'm fuxking mine and you're sleeping with yours. It's a personal choice kinda thing. Lets stop with the personal attack. I thought we're here to show support to Chris.
Look...

I am here to support Chris and I consider him a friend. This all started with your post suggesting that he should cut out his strut tower bar to make room for a subwoofer enclosure. Then you posted a pic of an outrageous audio install that looked like something out of Pimp My Ride. You may not realize this... But to those of us outside of the mid-A who don't know you personally outside of the forums... Your brand of sarcasm doesn't translate well in your posts on here like it does in posts by doug, go-fast, or other regulars in the FI forum who have a well recognized sense of sarcasm. I simply saw someone giving Chris horrible ricer advice and others perceived your post the same way. The pic you then posted contributed to the silly ricer perception as well. You decided to respond to me by initiating a personal attack, which go-fast called you out on. Then Kwame name dropped Injected Performance as if I should give a sh*t and change my opinion about the pic.

I agree that we should end the OT and the pissing match here. As anyone who knows me on or off of this forum can attest to (especially Chris and Darren)... I won't blow sunshine up anyone's *** or remain silent when I think someone or something is horribly wrong. My intention in my response to your initial post that started all this BS was in the best interest of Chris and any naive unsuspecting NOOBS reading this thread who would think your suggestion (sarcastic or not) to remove the factory rear stut tower bar in a 700whp build is actually a good or safe idea.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 07-29-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:30 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Look...

I am here to support Chris and I consider him a friend. This all started with your post suggesting that he should cut out his strut tower bar to make room for a subwoofer enclosure. Then you posted a pic of an outrageous audio install that looked like something out of Pimp My Ride. You may not realize this... But to those of us outside of the mid-A who don't know you personally outside of the forums... Your brand of sarcasm doesn't translate well in your posts on here like it does in posts by doug, go-fast, or other regulars in the FI forum who have a well recognized sense of sarcasm. I simply saw someone giving Chris horrible ricer advice and others perceived your post the same way. The pic you then posted contributed to the silly ricer perception as well. You decided to respond to me by initiating a personal attack, which go-fast called you out on. Then Kwame name dropped Injected Performance as if I should give a sh*t and change my opinion about the pic.

I agree that we should end the OT and the pissing match here. As anyone who knows me on or off of this forum can attest to (especially Chris and Darren)... I won't blow sunshine up anyone's *** or remain silent when I think someone or something is horribly wrong. My intention in my response to your initial post that started all this BS was in the best interest of Chris and any naive unsuspecting NOOBS reading this thread who would think your suggestion (sarcastic or not) to remove the factory rear stut tower bar in a 700whp build is actually a good or safe idea.
I guess we're at peace. I apologize that it's hard for me to project a certain tone in writing. But you'd definitely understand why nobody takes me too seriously

Now back to our mutual support for our fellow member Chris!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:32 AM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rude gave his opinion...how can anyone knock him for that???...

I agree and also commented on removing the STB in a boosted car!!! That's a bad move no matter how you plan on driving the car.... Under boost you will get unneeded Body flex.

Last edited by XKR; 07-29-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:08 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT AUDIO WIRING PLEASE SEE MY THREAD IN THE AUDIO SECTION. I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS - THANKS

Rude and Etan - get along or else. None of this here

Last edited by Cass007; 07-29-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Jgrizzle

Etan get back to the Mid A section. How many times have I told you that you cant play well with others.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Then Kwame name dropped Injected Performance as if I should give a sh*t and change my opinion about the pic.
I'll refrain from going back and forth with you in an effort not to derail this thread.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:55 PM
shocka04

Originally Posted by shocka04
So are Dave and Frank working on the car at the same time, as in Frank is going to FT whenever there is work to be done on your car? Just trying to understand how the work is being done this time.
bump
Old 07-29-2009, 05:26 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Kwame@z1Auto
I'll refrain from going back and forth with you in an effort not to derail this thread.
good...
btw realize that you can have an ugly car yet still be really great work of performance mods.....
gt47r FTW!......plus that pic was back when the car had aebs with gt42r but not much for dyno sheets or track time at all......right now i dont think injected cares if the car looks good or not, but rather the record setting 1/4 mile times.....so the fact that you mention their name on a comment in which rude jsut disliked the look means absolutely nothing to me....its not like rude was calling the car 'weak".

I also do not like the 3rd chance, and shame to settle on that, for chrisst sake , i will support and hope that this time things will turn out great...
BUT CHRISS when you get the car back, dont get pussified into not pushing it...reason why are ovbious

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 07-29-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
I also do not like the 3rd chance, and shame to settle on that, for chrisst sake , i will support and hope that this time things will turn out great...
BUT CHRISS when you get the car back, dont get pussified into not pushing it...reason why are ovbious
pussification is never an option its no fun having a toy if you don't get to enjoy it IMO.

So are Dave and Frank working on the car at the same time, as in Frank is going to FT whenever there is work to be done on your car? Just trying to understand how the work is being done this time.
Frank, Dave and Jim are working together right now to aquire all the components needed for the motor. I am cc'd on all the texts and emails that are being exchanged between the parties so I know what is going on without slowing the process down.

After Justice does assembly, Frank and Dave will scedule a day at F:T to work together re-installing the turbos, motor and transmission. A few hundred road miles with no boost and a second oil change for break-in and then a tuning date will be set where Frank, Dave, Myself and possibly Jim Justice will attend. Frank and Dave will settle on who pays what % after the car is completed. Please do not start yet another discussion about who should pay for what and why, there is nothing to be gained by anyone from that.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:25 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Cass007
pussification is never an option its no fun having a toy if you don't get to enjoy it IMO.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:41 PM
thom000001

I still don't know how the break'in falls in....so many opinions on what is right, what is wrong....

Mine, organic oil for first 250miles (i drove easy literally like 150miles and thats it, was asked "why aren't you out pushing it?")....did a oil change over to mobil 1, and the car literally turned like 350miles on the dyno spinning the rollers to 769rwhp....rolling through 10K mark now lol.

tom

[B]After Justice does assembly, Frank and Dave will scedule a day at F:T to work together re-installing the turbos, motor and transmission. A few hundred road miles with no boost and a second oil change for break-in and then a tuning date will be set where Frank, Dave, Myself and possibly Jim Justice will attend. Frank and Dave will settle on who pays what % after the car is completed. Please do not start yet another discussion about who should pay for what and why, there is nothing to be gained by anyone from that.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I wont lie, after my built failure I find myself making excuses to just leave the car alone. I do rag the fawk out of my car when I do drive it though, Chris can vouch for that.

Chris you'd be a braver man if you didnt think you werent driving a timebomb after the failures-no one could blame you if you felt that way. The feelings will slowly wash away though as you trust the setup. Dont rush yourself, or rush into turning up the power when you get it back, enjoy the beast a$$ car of yours If anything, Id go for the BIG power after a few thousand miles, that what happened with my motor, and knock on wood so far so good.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:55 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Alberto
I wont lie, after my built failure I find myself making excuses to just leave the car alone. I do rag the fawk out of my car when I do drive it though, Chris can vouch for that.

Chris you'd be a braver man if you didnt think you werent driving a timebomb after the failures-no one could blame you if you felt that way. The feelings will slowly wash away though as you trust the setup. Dont rush yourself, or rush into turning up the power when you get it back, enjoy the beast a$$ car of yours If anything, Id go for the BIG power after a few thousand miles, that what happened with my motor, and knock on wood so far so good.
I will feel tentative for sure. Built motors are made of glass in my mind right now. We are changing the break-in procedure this time around and I may take your advice on the power side as well, its just so hard to settle and we will need to verify that the car makes similar numbers to the previous setup. Looks like you and I won't get toether to turn up the boost till next summer.

I just want what the other built motor guys have, the ability to push the car on occasion without having to fear the boom when you do.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:00 AM
thom000001

I was the same way at first for sure. Ya just never know what to expect when you get to these levels.

I now have confidence in my motor/turbos........I have fears on the driveline lol.

tom

I will feel tentative for sure. Built motors are made of glass in my mind right now. We are changing the break-in procedure this time around and I may take your advice on the power side as well, its just so hard to settle and we will need to verify that the car makes similar numbers to the previous setup. Looks like you and I won't get toether to turn up the boost till next summer.

I just want what the other built motor guys have, the ability to push the car on occasion without having to fear the boom when you do.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:24 AM
Sylvan Lake V35

I will feel tentative for sure. Built motors are made of glass in my mind right now.

I have been driving mine and I am terrified. After reading your thread and I have a buddy that just had two built engines in his subie that both went bad and another friend that just built a stroked SR 20 and spun a bearing and wiped out the crank. i had more confidence in my stock block. Once i get it fully tuned and boost a few times I think the confidence will grow.....and I will be beating it like it owes me two months rent. I am sure the same will go for you.

Last edited by Sylvan Lake V35; 07-31-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:52 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

- My goal is to have Alberto think "man, that guy beats the **** out of his car worse than me." Although I'm not sure thats possible.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:08 AM
MDHRZ

Speaking of Alberto. He needs to get in this thread https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...p-25-list.html
Old 07-31-2009, 11:37 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

- My goal is to have Alberto think "man, that guy beats the **** out of his car worse than me." Although I'm not sure thats possible.
Your wallet will grow very light if you take that approach! LOL

Regarding the other thread, I could care less about HP numbers And I dont share all of my numbers

Last edited by Alberto; 07-31-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

WTF.... I STARTED THE WIRE TUCK

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-p8010277.jpg My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-p8010278.jpg My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress-p8010279.jpg

The tri-colored wires are the connections for the headlight mods. No cutting required, just drilled a hole and rerouted the harness. It still took forever though. Passenger side sometime next week, after my knees recover from the beating they took today.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:16 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Very nice Chris!

I'm glad everything is coming back together for you!!! You have been through h@ll and back with this build. I can't wait until it is done!!!

On the bright side, your proceeding faster than me. I've had alot of other distractions recently, but I should be underway again shortly. My short block from GTM should be shipping soon. If I weren't being so d@mn meticulous it would probably already be together by now. I'm confident dotting all the i's and crossing all of the t's will help me rest better in the long run, and I need to be sure to avoid frying any more EMS's.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 08-01-2009 at 05:19 PM.

Quick Reply: My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress