Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Universal Turbo Kit Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Blackbird CPV35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my friend bought one of those kits once and the compressor housing was epoxied onto the center section
Old 12-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1
u guys musta forgot that thread where the guy built his own turbo kit and made over 400 hp with a PF tune with a 100$ chinese turbo with like 1000$ in parts

If you have the time, welding skills, and some tools, its not rocket science to pipe the exhaust to a turbo.

get real. GTM does that exact same process, granted with much more expensive parts.
What you want is quality parts. Who cares if someone fabricated a turbo kit with a cheap chinese turbo?
Old 12-21-2008, 08:22 AM
eltness350
The Untouchable

+1
Old 12-21-2008, 02:23 PM
Ep3

i useed a few ebay fmic's in the past as like a place holder untill i had $ for a better one and never had a problem with them. air temp and boost pressure were almost unchanged when i switched to a pte cored ic. as far as the piping they do offer bead rolled ends or you can have that done for 5$ a pipe.. as long as you get the pipes thick enough dont see a problem. the T-bolt clamps suck. i have friends with dsm and such making arround 500awhp on ebay fmics and pipe kits. not saying this turbo or turbo kit is any good at all but some times $ is spent better elsewhere.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:03 PM
bbs350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by str8dum1
u guys musta forgot that thread where the guy built his own turbo kit and made over 400 hp with a PF tune with a 100$ chinese turbo with like 1000$ in parts

If you have the time, welding skills, and some tools, its not rocket science to pipe the exhaust to a turbo.

get real. GTM does that exact same process, granted with much more expensive parts.
cue in the mx3 owner that tack welded extra turbo fins onto the wheel lol
Old 12-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Chris@SP
Sponsor
Sound Performance

I think it's such a good deal because from the looks of it, you only get half of a wastegate LOL
Old 12-22-2008, 11:28 PM
SmallTuner

Originally Posted by Chris@SP
I think it's such a good deal because from the looks of it, you only get half of a wastegate LOL
eheheheheheheheh

that wastgate is in the box, with 2 flangs. its 100% new

and dont forget the superRed oil ctach can, allso the turbo is polishd for more extra power ehehehehe
Old 12-23-2008, 05:59 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

We have laughed at the same thing... how did that happen?
Old 12-23-2008, 10:22 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

I just noticed that and couldnt stop laughing!!!!!!! And Hal is like how could that happen.Made me laugh even harder Hal, the guy that makes the other half got off early for Christmas
Old 12-24-2008, 05:34 AM
supra crazy

I actually would love for a company just to sell turbo manifolds, Preferably the Sound performance manifold or Speed force manifolds that mount the turbos far back and low.

Just because people are emailing you asking for just manifolds doesn't mean they are going to go on ebay and buy one of there "turbo kits" I hope not at least. I would want just manifolds because plumbing intercooler piping is extremely easy. and sorry but the Ebay intercoolers work preety well actually better then some name brand intercoolers.

Originally Posted by InjectedPerf
I have received a couple emails regarding people asking if we sell just the turbo manifolds as they purchased a turbo kit that does not include them. I am posting this here because I feel people should know that the Universal Turbo Kit does not work with the 350z, G35c, or any other vehicle that does not come turbocharged from the dealer or most that do for that matter.

Problems with the turbo kit from the following link:

1. Guarantee turbo is not of good quality
2. Same goes for the Wastegate and BOV
3. Intercooler pipes are not bead rolled
4. Misc. Piping (4) 45s, (2) 90s, (2) straight pieces (cut and weld to fit)
5. No engine management or fuel delivery
6. The list can go on.
[/URL]
Old 12-24-2008, 06:11 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by supra crazy
I actually would love for a company just to sell turbo manifolds, Preferably the Sound performance manifold or Speed force manifolds that mount the turbos far back and low.

Just because people are emailing you asking for just manifolds doesn't mean they are going to go on ebay and buy one of there "turbo kits" I hope not at least. I would want just manifolds because plumbing intercooler piping is extremely easy. and sorry but the Ebay intercoolers work preety well actually better then some name brand intercoolers.

We certainly sell any part of our turbo kit seperately!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 06:39 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

The last two emails I have received cited this ebay kit specifically so I decided it was necessary to make this thread. I understand some people would like to make their own kit, but when I receive emails or phone calls saying they want to save money and they "think" they can make their own except for the manifolds, etc, etc., I don't think they know what they are getting into.

Originally Posted by supra crazy

Old 12-24-2008, 08:44 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

We sell our manifolds separately.But we wouldnt reccomend using those Ebay turbos with them.