Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Forged Perfomance expirence!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 03:09 PM
ToastZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by b18c1turboed
How can you compare a 2000 Lexus car too a 2008 G37?
They both have six cylinder engines. I think the Lexus in question is an IS300, IIRC it has a straight six.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:11 PM
chuquison

Ok I could not read all of this I stopped on page 4!
To the OP, I honestly thought I wrote bad with my incorrct gramar, but usually its because I am in a hurry! You need to maybe have Microsoft Words open when you make threads remarks. First type your response in Word, correct it, and then copy and paste, hey I do it alot at work lol!

Im not trying to be rude in any kinda of way but let me tell you this, I too came from the Honda family (GS-R teg) and had lots of work done to it, but here is the catch its a much easier car to work on. You cant expect a shop to turn around a project that few have accomplished in two weeks! This remark also goes to paint shop they are always behind as well!

A B18c is one thing and a VQ is another and you cant expect the difficulty to be the same! I was treated like crap with a shop that had my teg for an expected 3 weeks and had it for 2 months, and guess what they didnt give me a loaner nore helped me with the parts they screwed up.

I say sit back let the man do his work, make sure its done properly and pick it up when its done! the more you call and bother him is more time your taking from him in finishing your car.

Oh yeah one more thing, NEVER SCREW WITH PEOPLE THAT ARE HANDLING YOUR FOOD! I am pretty sure that goes for cars too?

Last edited by chuquison; 01-03-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:19 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phunk
liar may not be the word, but as long as you are loosely throwing around the term, we may as well all join in.

you are intentionally deceptive. you are on a smear campaign as you ditch forged performance and youre trying to bring others with you by making implications that forged isnt properly equipped (consult 3 blah blah), tells lies (attempted completion goals that pass are not lies and its obvious you had communication errors where you thought your car was done and it wasnt, once again no one lied)... THIS makes you deceptive, and many would call you a liar for it.

The funny thing is, you think that WE are the ones who should WONDER because sharif never denyed anything.

MAYBE YOU need to WONDER why he didnt deny anything.... HE HAS NOTHING TO DENY, youre throwing a **** storm over nothing!
Good post Charles.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:22 PM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by chuquison
Oh yeah one more thing, NEVER SCREW WITH PEOPLE THAT ARE HANDLING YOUR FOOD! I am pretty sure that goes for cars too?
How true!
Old 01-03-2009, 03:23 PM
b18c1turboed

liar may not be the word, but as long as you are loosely throwing around the term, we may as well all join in.

you are intentionally deceptive. you are on a smear campaign as you ditch forged performance and youre trying to bring others with you by making implications that forged isnt properly equipped (consult 3 blah blah), tells lies (attempted completion goals that pass are not lies and its obvious you had communication errors where you thought your car was done and it wasnt, once again no one lied)... THIS makes you deceptive, and many would call you a liar for it.

The funny thing is, you think that WE are the ones who should WONDER because sharif never denyed anything.

MAYBE YOU need to WONDER why he didnt deny anything.... HE HAS NOTHING TO DENY, youre throwing a **** storm over nothing!

No this turned into a smear campign when everyone jumped all over me, for posting an expirence!!! Im not trying to bring others, the problems they have are their own.

Answer me this can you tune a car without a consult 3 ?
Old 01-03-2009, 03:23 PM
jimpactmfsc

most people here either have done some bussiness with sharif,or talked to him at least once, hes a great guy,he gave u a car to use while he fixes yours,what more exactly are u asking from him? your basically saying u want him to rush the work being done on your car?
Old 01-03-2009, 03:29 PM
b18c1turboed

Originally Posted by jimpactmfsc
most people here either have done some bussiness with sharif,or talked to him at least once, hes a great guy,he gave u a car to use while he fixes yours,what more exactly are u asking from him? your basically saying u want him to rush the work being done on your car?
Nope, its one thing to being rushed. Its another taking your time!
Then another being give a time frame and then not meeting it 5 or 6 times, because he rather take other cars in front of yours.

Like the day he was suppose to be tuning the car, but decided to put 2 Skylines on the dyno. I understand problems come up and stuff happens and so forth. But when you had a turbo kit installed on a car already and then turn around and say something didn’t fit anymore. That make you wonder!

Or for example today? the car was suppouse to be completed !!!
Old 01-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ummm. YES!
Old 01-03-2009, 03:32 PM
b18c1turboed

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
ummm. YES!
How would you read codes then?
Old 01-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

OMG, you cannot be this dense.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

I need to walk away now before I resign my position and noob bash the hell out of you
Old 01-03-2009, 03:35 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

No this turned into a smear campign when everyone jumped all over me, for posting an expirence!!! Im not trying to bring others, the problems they have are their own.

everyone jumped on your because based on your own version of the story it looks like you have had a pretty good experience with them, but yet you are turning it into a complaint when you have very little ground to stand on, just a little time issue which people have very little remorse for.

and yes, you can tune a car without a consult 3... im sure there are many features of the consult 3 that cannot currently be substituted for cars carrying the VHR, but it is no miracle device that will do what you seem to think. for example, it would NOT have diagnosed the FCON harness issue, that doesnt even make sense.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:37 PM
b18c1turboed

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
I need to walk away now before I resign my position and noob bash the hell out of you
Ill be in san diego next week, you can do in person!!! I dont want you do hurt your mod status!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 03:38 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

How would you read codes then?
OBDII diagnostics, BTW its a law that all cars sold in this country be equipt with it. There is an entire selection of OBDII scanners available at various price levels that will plug right in and read the codes. Many of them will interpret what that particular code is, but high tech cars like a G37 will typically have proprietary codes that the OBDII scanner can recogize, but not interpret... meaning you have to simply look up what the code it gave you is in the manual. its no big deal. not to mention, codes have nothing to do with tuning. codes are for diagnostics, tuning is calibrating the ignition and fuel events in your engine's computer maps.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:39 PM
b18c1turboed

OBDII diagnostics, BTW its a law that all cars sold in this country be equipt with it. There is an entire selection of OBDII scanners available at various price levels that will plug right in and read the codes. Many of them will interpret what that particular code is, but high tech cars like a G37 will typically have proprietary codes that the OBDII scanner can recogize, but not interpret... meaning you have to simply look up what the code it gave you is in the manual. its no big deal. not to mention, codes have nothing to do with tuning. codes are for diagnostics, tuning is calibrating the ignition and fuel events in your engine's computer maps.

Thankyou for setting me straight!
Old 01-03-2009, 03:47 PM
XKR

their is nothing to convince me about, at the end of the Day we will get the car back on Monday and go are own way. But like i said so many times before, Shariff did step up and offer us a car to drive. He did agree to fix the car for free. I will give him credit for that........

Only thing that i am really griping about is being lied to so many time, being mislead so many times. And i know if it was done too us it will be done to others.

he might be god in some books, but in ours hes not. Its funny everyone wants too hear all the good stuff about a shop, but when something bad happens. Oh my god you act like the world has ended. He will still be your 350z god dont worry!!!!

OK.....I waited until its CoachK,s bed time to post ( GrammEr police)

Guy....for God sake STOP !!! Let me put it this way....If Sharif told you the car will be ready on the 1st....things always come up to prevent the car from leaving on time...was he fibbing No...things come up.

Like another member told you...do some searching about other shops...and I am sure after you do some reading...you will then understand you have one of the best people working on your car !

After the 4th time I sent my car to Sharif for upgrades...I flew in to pick up my car....Timing issues came up...Turned out to be the crank !!

I had to leave the next day....Hotel $300...oneway airfare $400...Last minute airfare $500 because car would be there for another few weeks. Sharif offered to pay for the entire trip...even though he was covering everything with the crank when he did no have to. I am not unfair ...why should I have him cover everything

Sharif did not lie to you...he did not expect this to happen to your car. No one gives a crap that Sharif blew up your motor his fault or not!! You dont have a story there.......we all want to hear the part where he pushed the car to the front gate and told you "Too Bad" thats the FI game But he did not. So we are not interested and so no pitty

My point is....you need to come with something better than this.....I have already given you a list of topics that would make you famous on here....

Its not too late......Go **** Sharif off some more...maybe then you could bring us some needed excitement.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:52 PM
coachk
Banned

Mike...it's the weekend. I stay up till 9
Old 01-03-2009, 03:52 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

just keep in mind, the second sharif decided to take on your responsibilities and pay for your blown engine, your project is no longer making him a dime, even with your wheels and exhaust. so even if you feel like a great customer, you have become more of a pain in the *** then anything and even moreso at this point. you should feel bad for them if not extremely greatful for the help!

so, i think you can cut the guy some slack and let him get the other cars thru the shop that pay the bills for the roof under which your car is getting a decent amount of free work done.

its f'in winter! you shouldnt be driving a TT G37 anyway... consider yourselves lucky for getting to put their IS300 thru the winter **** and that your G37 is remaining a little more preserved.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:00 PM
b18c1turboed

just keep in mind, the second sharif decided to take on your responsibilities and pay for your blown engine, your project is no longer making him a dime, even with your wheels and exhaust. so even if you feel like a great customer, you have become more of a pain in the *** then anything and even moreso at this point. you should feel bad for them if not extremely greatful for the help!

so, i think you can cut the guy some slack and let him get the other cars thru the shop that pay the bills for the roof under which your car is getting a decent amount of free work done.

its f'in winter! you shouldnt be driving a TT G37 anyway... consider yourselves lucky for getting to put their IS300 thru the winter **** and that your G37 is remaining a little more preserved.

Agreed!!!

Lexus was returned today, gotta drive the g35 for a couple weeks now!!

Im not gonna argue with anyone anymore, i dont really care. At the end of the day the car will be completed eighter by him or elsewhere, so it dont matter anymore.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:09 PM
chuquison

Ill be in san diego next week, you can do in person!!! I dont want you do hurt your mod status!!!
I am a LEO and I have had the great oppertunity to take this man out to lunch ( that sounded gay!) and hang out with him!

HE IS A BIG MAN!!!! and HE IS SCARY IN PERSON and I KNOW HE FIGHTS WELL!

and it takes an even bigger man to drive a MIATA!
Just kidding big guy! please dont hurt me!

If i had to deal with him in person and it was work related I would tase his *** first if he made any sudden movement I did not discribe to him! Im not scared or alot of people!

Last edited by chuquison; 01-03-2009 at 04:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Forged Perfomance expirence!!!