Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 10:45 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blasian
lol there is some good irony going on... I'll just leave it at that
Of course you will.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:49 PM
civic4982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what kind of moron trusts their car to a shop that's run out of someone's house?

sketchy at best.

still none of the RA supporters have come to deny that this is the new RA "shop." just answer that question already or give the actual address. too many lies on here... location of the shop just needs to be settled.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:59 PM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^True. I don't understand what the problem is? Scott takes the cars to Dad's Garage to get worked on.

I'm gone for work for two days and **** hits the fan. geez.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:04 PM
civic4982

nevermind. Dad's Garage I guess is supposedly where this RA "shop" works out of. It is owned by someone else and that is old news from over a year ago now.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=308596&page=2

wa2good even admits to not having his own setup and renting or leasing space from someone else to do his work.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:12 PM
gdup35sedan

Dad's Garage is where Mark (RA's mechanic) prefers doing all of his motor work. He is a very quiet guy and likes to be left alone to do his work, having a shop at an undisclosed location suits his needs. All other work on RA's cars is done at BUSH... the pictures posted of BUSH isnt even half of the shop. Does that clear anything up for you nuthugging RA bashers? I really dont see a problem with where the work gets done, as long as it gets done and gets done right...

whether or not you guys agree/think his building methods are good or bad what gives you the right to talk down on someone that does it different? just because you think you need all this extra crap, doesn't mean it is needed. You are all brainwashed and have little to no variation in the way your FI builds must be done. There are other ways.

-GP-

Last edited by gdup35sedan; 03-01-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:54 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
I know one of you all started this thread to try and F with me. I am not falling for it this time...the laugh is on you all...

1)Romey
2) John
3) Go-fast
3) Dave
4) RudeG
5) Quicksilver
6)Cass
7)George
9)Jay
10) Tom
11)James
12)Raj

Did I leave anyone out Come on guys ...stop kidding around
hmmm
Old 03-02-2009, 02:57 AM
doug

Originally Posted by XKR

Now where is Doug
Old 03-02-2009, 02:58 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by fallenromeo
Hmmmm....that looks like the mirror of a gray Miata. I wonder who posted this?

Hmmmmm could it also be a RX7...Hmmmmm.....Its a good guess.....but wrong....

Originally Posted by doug
hmmm

Now you show up.......

Originally Posted by MethodRN
I am not bashing, I don't know Scott, never had dealings with VRT and have no ties to RA.

1. Since you seem to know Scott, how come you don't post pics of his "shop"?

2. I just don't think a reputable shop should be keeping cars in their personal home. Call me crazy. If I hand a shop the key's to my $30K car and expect them to put another $20-25K into it, I better not find it in their drive way.

3. Pictures were posted of a crappy looking location. I can't vouch for XKR and his recon team, because I don't know him. However, he has proven to be nothing but helpful. He's posted some damning proof of a location for RA, that you have not disputed. Where is RA really located?

I've seen pictures of Intense, FP and GTM's shop, and both look top notch. I'm a customer of SGP(no peanut gallery comments please...XKR, Rude ), and my car is always kept in a locked building. I mention these shops because I have done business with or have contacted them and all have PROVEN success with the VQ.

For those of us who are on the fence.... POST pics of this shop, post dyno numbers for proof. My opinion on RA will lean towards BS until otherwise proven.
Long time no see........

Last edited by XKR; 03-02-2009 at 03:03 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:10 AM
doug

that mirror looks like a G35 mirror to me
Old 03-02-2009, 03:22 AM
doug

i dunno... the pole is missing on the rear
Old 03-02-2009, 04:15 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Of course you will.
Hehe, you would think so to if you knew what I knew
Old 03-02-2009, 04:25 AM
Quamen

Originally Posted by gdup35sedan
Dad's Garage is where Mark (RA's mechanic) prefers doing all of his motor work. He is a very quiet guy and likes to be left alone to do his work, having a shop at an undisclosed location suits his needs. All other work on RA's cars is done at BUSH... the pictures posted of BUSH isnt even half of the shop. Does that clear anything up for you nuthugging RA bashers? I really dont see a problem with where the work gets done, as long as it gets done and gets done right...

whether or not you guys agree/think his building methods are good or bad what gives you the right to talk down on someone that does it different? just because you think you need all this extra crap, doesn't mean it is needed. You are all brainwashed and have little to no variation in the way your FI builds must be done. There are other ways.

-GP-
I'm sorry, but you are the one who has been brainwashed by a con who gets people to believe that the industry standards followed in the racing industry are "internet hype".

Grow up, do some research, and then make an semi-educated post.

RA nutthuggers like you have this amazing ability to be sucked into RA's "doing things different" way of business when it really means "doing things cheap". RA is no prodigy to the racing industry and the day that they start trying to do things right instead of different but incorrect, then and only then will they have any opportunity to earn respect from our community.

I have no real ties to any company that works on 350z's other than I purchase parts from AAM since I'm friends with Jerermy. However, I can say that the thing that sets most the shops in the Z/G community apart from RA is their ability to not post ignorant threads about their builds and magical methods in the manner that RA has repeatedly done.

Most the shops in our community aren't ignorant enough like RA to push the limits of such significant components as the fuel system WITH A CUSTOMER'S CAR AND MONEY!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:31 AM
chris'smax

After reading this **** i now have GAS!!!!!

Well maybe i can now i can go take a good dookie. Been blocked up for the last couple of days
Old 03-02-2009, 04:33 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by chris'smax
After reading this **** i now have GAS!!!!!

Well maybe i can now i can go take a good dookie. Been blocked up for the last couple of days
I guess I'll see you in 3 months
Old 03-02-2009, 05:06 AM
chris'smax

Originally Posted by blasian
I guess I'll see you in 3 months
why is that sweetie?

I had family in town so i had to entertain this weekend. I wanted to go check out trents car.

And don't blame me for the other weekend when we were going to St F ville. Thats the old mans fault for bailing
Old 03-02-2009, 05:29 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by chris'smax
why is that sweetie?

I had family in town so i had to entertain this weekend. I wanted to go check out trents car.

And don't blame me for the other weekend when we were going to St F ville. Thats the old mans fault for bailing
His anger frightens me
Old 03-02-2009, 05:33 AM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I finally got caught up, and all i know is that i would not leave my car in that street...
Old 03-02-2009, 05:43 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by gdup35sedan

-GP-
Are you being serious???

So, I take my car to my mechanic to be built, but the shop I drop it off at doesn't belong to my mechanic so there is no insurance coverage on my vehicle while it is in his care - we will assume that my car stays at this shop while my build is going on.
Then my motor is removed from my car and shipped off to some dirty shack to be built because the motor guys likes to be alone??? WTF?? My understanding is that motors should be assembled in as clean an environment as possible.
I assume that the customer is not allowed to be present while their motor is being assembled to document the process or confirm that all the correct internals are being used. FAIL!!
My car is reassembled and then test driven by the mechanic by him taking it home?? FAIL again - No insurance coverage again!!
Finally, the mechanic lets me drive around on my new build for a week prior to tuning???
I hope that base map on your ss box is awesome. Oh, no real EMS or FRS, I forgot that part - FAIL.
I guess you can hope that your car doesn't get damaged during the build or while at the mechanics house since there is no insurance coverage and hope that it survives the base tune break-in process so you can go and get it tuned on the whack *** dyno that appears to have the accuracy of a palm reader.

If only I had these options available before committing $$$$$ to my build, maybe I could have saved a few bucks .
Old 03-02-2009, 07:18 AM
Profink

In the end, who the F*ck cares? Seriously, you guys that find it necessary to bash on Scott and the way he runs his business, why? What does it really matter to you? You guys are always going to hate on Scott and RA for no other reason then you feel like its your job to sit behind a keyboard and bash on him. You are not a customer and he's not here to defend himself so why not just leave it alone? As long as his customers are happy then what does it matter? Is he taking away business from Forged Performance or any other vendor on my350z? Nope. I'm not going to say I agree or disagree with the way Scott runs RA and it really doesn't matter to me. I have the utmost respect for RA and most of the vendors on this site and have no problem taking my car to any of them, but I'm friends with Scott and so I go to RA most of the time. If he's not available then I'd go to Precision Z or Technosquare or any of the other qualified shops in Southern California.

If the OP wants to show off his build then let him. If you don't agree with the way something was done then state your opinion and be done with it. I've already said this next part, but since people like ignoring things, I'll say it again. YES, it was a bad idea for the OP to use the title "The Most Controversial Build on this site.." and he has even admitted that at this point, so lets drop it.

You've sent people over to take pictures if where Scott lives. Why? So you can prove to each other that you have nothing better to do? Anyone that still wants to work with RA will and everyone else won't. End of story. You already pinpointed my car as a customer's car, but guess what? I parked my car there and was inside when that picture was taken. Yes, I went down there so Scott could help me with some things, but we also went out for lunch. We went over to a tire shop, so he could pick up his other car. MY car that you guys found it necessary to take pictures of is NOT a customer's car parked out front.

If all it takes for this to end are dyno sheets then I'll even pay for an independent dyno. We can do one at Precision Z or TriPoint in Canoga Park. Both shops are about 150 miles away from Scott. We can also go to Technosquare during their upcoming dyno day. We all know their FlowJet dyno reads low, but I'm sure the numbers will still be impressive. There will also be plenty of other people there to witness the pulls. In the end does this even matter? Are the numbers on the dyno that important? The dyno is used for tunning and not for proving how big your d*ck is, so why does it even matter what the final number is? If it reads 475 are we all going to do apeshit over it not reading 500 and call Scott a liar? Does anyone really even care?

Why not just drop it all an leave Scott, Relentless Autosports, OP and anyone else who chooses to work with RA alone and the next time someone wants to post about an RA build then just let them. If you don't agree with the build state your opinion and move on. And finally, is it really necessary to remove RA from my signature line? Seriously, get a life. If I want to support Relentless then let me. Again, what does it even matter?
Old 03-02-2009, 07:19 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Oh, my you have it all figured out don't you?

Quick Reply: Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure