Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 01:54 PM
madwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 04-12-2009, 02:30 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MMC Racing
I don't understand all the hate.. Mostly out of the area people who never had any business transaction with Scott. Scott is working on my GT-R right now and I expect it to be the fastest one in So-Cal when he is finished.
Good save, chap! Nobody here has experience with him to back up their claims. But, you do...right...because you EXPECT him to do good work on your car!

Thanks for clearing this matter up. Listen up, everybody! We don't have to worry about Scott lying to customers and setting their EXPECTATIONS higher than what is possible, because this customer of Scott's EXPECTS his GTR to be the fastest in CA when Scott is done with it. This is confirmed First Hand EXPECTATION, not some second hand knowledge or logical deduction. We can now leave Scott and the rest of his employees to enjoy their huge and successfully (and fully insured and legally operating) business now.

I wish someone would have had expectations of greatness from Scott to disprove the FACTS 2000 posts ago. That would have saved other potential customers from worrying about their cars. Who cares if their cars will be parked in the ghetto after being worked on in an uninsured shack in the mud just to end up not performing to what was promised; you can just EXPECT it to all go well and nothing else matters!
Old 04-12-2009, 02:45 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by mrg1981
Good save, chap! Nobody here has experience with him to back up their claims. But, you do...right...because you EXPECT him to do good work on your car!

Thanks for clearing this matter up. Listen up, everybody! We don't have to worry about Scott lying to customers and setting their EXPECTATIONS higher than what is possible, because this customer of Scott's EXPECTS his GTR to be the fastest in CA when Scott is done with it. This is confirmed First Hand EXPECTATION, not some second hand knowledge or logical deduction. We can now leave Scott and the rest of his employees to enjoy their huge and successfully (and fully insured and legally operating) business now.

I wish someone would have had expectations of greatness from Scott to disprove the FACTS 2000 posts ago. That would have saved other potential customers from worrying about their cars. Who cares if their cars will be parked in the ghetto after being worked on in an uninsured shack in the mud just to end up not performing to what was promised; you can just EXPECT it to all go well and nothing else matters!
i wouldn't even entertain MMC post.. he has this werid sense of humor where you can't tell if he is joking or being serious.. kinda like that weird dude at the watercooler who tries to fit in with a joke and everyone turns around because its not really funny and they can't tell if the person is joking or not and then the person blurts out with.. "i'm just kidding man"
Old 04-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand all the hate.. Mostly out of the area people who never had any business transaction with Scott. Scott is working on my GT-R right now and I expect it to be the fastest one in So-Cal when he is finished.
well, you are missing a few facts

#1: Scott IS NOT working on your car. Scott can barely change a tire himself.

#2: Quite a bit of the info in this thread IS from people that have had dealings with Scott

#3: I am really sorry you would do something like that to your GT-R. It makes me sad to think that we all failed you in the fact that you would actually take a car to this joker.

If you wanted work done on your car why wouldn't you just cut out the middle mad and go directly to Mark @ Dad's Garage?
Old 04-12-2009, 03:22 PM
doug

Originally Posted by undrgnd
Everyone has an opinion, but we do not convict people based on opinions in this country. Knowing someone who knows someone else, and 'people' who have spoken to Jim about Scott do not constitute proof that Jim ever heard Scott make an untrue claim, much less witness to the context under which it was made. In case you missed it, my question was "Who has proof that Jim ever OBSERVED Scott say something untrue about JWT products' capabilities?" I do not dispute that Scott is a snake, or that he will say anything to cheat people out of their money. True or not, that is not the issue. My issue was what Jim Wolf knows first hand, and what has he done about it, publicly.
when us maxima owners brought up simular things about Jim years ago we got bashed by the 300zx guys .. i find it funny here almost 10 years later its happening again.. guys act like Jim is a God and put him high and might.. yes he has been making great products for the nissan community for years.. .but at the end of the day Jim is a business man with bills and expenses and if he needs to look the other direction.. he will as he has done so in the past
Old 04-12-2009, 04:18 PM
XKR

I will save this one for later

Originally Posted by mrg1981

Exactly

Originally Posted by dave079
I think people had high "expectations" when Mr.A was bilking them out of thousands of dollars too.
The only difference between Mr A and scott is.....Mr A did not use K-Y Jelly ...but scott does.

Last edited by XKR; 04-12-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:28 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
well, you are missing a few facts

#1: Scott IS NOT working on your car. Scott can barely change a tire himself.

#2: Quite a bit of the info in this thread IS from people that have had dealings with Scott

#3: I am really sorry you would do something like that to your GT-R. It makes me sad to think that we all failed you in the fact that you would actually take a car to this joker.

If you wanted work done on your car why wouldn't you just cut out the middle mad and go directly to Mark @ Dad's Garage?

Its sad..but look on the brite side.....now we will have a GTR to add to the list of F'ed up cars..

Originally Posted by doug
when us maxima owners brought up simular things about Jim years ago we got bashed by the 300zx guys .. i find it funny here almost 10 years later its happening again.. guys act like Jim is a God and put him high and might.. yes he has been making great products for the nissan community for years.. .but at the end of the day Jim is a business man with bills and expenses and if he needs to look the other direction.. he will as he has done so in the past
You made a good point about why Jim is looking the other way about this. Name all the major shops in the VQ arena.....then list the shops that are dealers for JWT.....Shocking numbers....If JWT does not change the "Dealer only" policy and sell the kit the way APS and Greddy does....it will be a bumpy ride. scott and I think VTR looks like his only support. We know if he tries to buy from GTM/SFR/Intense/SP and the others...he has to pay full price.

Last edited by XKR; 04-12-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:32 PM
MMC Racing

i wouldn't even entertain MMC post.. he has this werid sense of humor where you can't tell if he is joking or being serious.. kinda like that weird dude at the watercooler who tries to fit in with a joke and everyone turns around because its not really funny and they can't tell if the person is joking or not and then the person blurts out with.. "i'm just kidding man"
Oh Dougy, I thought we put this all to rest.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Cloud35

Originally Posted by XKR
Its sad..but look on the brite side.....now we will have a GTR to add to the list of F'ed up cars..
While I do agree with you on Scott's shady business practice, I don't think its fair to condemn MMC's GTR like this.

That GTR is a great piece of mechanical engineering and I am sure the owner spent a lot of money on it and we should all just HOPE that his car is going to be ok. Let's not jinx the guy.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:56 PM
MMC Racing

You guys keep saying this, but it doesn't make any sense. Scott is small time and moves a hand full of kits a year - how is that this great economic pull with Jim?
Old 04-12-2009, 04:59 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Cloud35
While I do agree with you on Scott's shady business practice, I don't think its fair to condemn MMC's GTR like this.

That GTR is a great piece of mechanical engineering and I am sure the owner spent a lot of money on it and we should all just HOPE that his car is going to be ok. Let's not jinx the guy.
Could be an attempt at bad humor....but as I would not wish this on anyone...MMC is the one playing Russian Rulette with his car...so I dont think "jinx" will be his problem

You guys keep saying this, but it doesn't make any sense. Scott is small time and moves a hand full of kits a year - how is that this great economic pull with Jim?
Well..name another shop that is pushing JWT in the US....so by the numbers scott does have "economic pull."......So that would make Doug's statement correct.

Last edited by XKR; 04-12-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:09 PM
MMC Racing

Originally Posted by XKR

Well..name another shop that is pushing JWT in the US....so by the numbers scott does have "economic pull."......So that would make Doug's statement correct.
Oh ya, that makes sense. That much blind loyalty over 12k-15k in profit a year. Who shot JFK by the way?
Old 04-12-2009, 05:21 PM
XKR

Oh ya, that makes sense. That much blind loyalty over 12k-15k in profit a year. Who shot JFK by the way?
I will leave Doug to answer the JFK question.

I dont want to turn this into a JWT issue.....this still about scott. All we wanted to know was if Jim was aware of the false claims by scott/ra/VRT...and Tim answered.

Name all the big players in the VQ market and list the turbo kits they are selling...Things have changed in the Turbo market from when I first installed my turbo's in 2007...it was JWT and APS that was hot.....not anymore.

Last edited by XKR; 04-12-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:24 PM
MMC Racing

Originally Posted by XKR
I will leave Doug to answer the JFK question.
doug wasn't even born yet when JFK happened - which makes him just as qualified I guess to comment as living an entire continent away from the people he is an expert on.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:41 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Cloud35
That GTR is a great piece of mechanical engineering ....

nissan has anothing against RAs custom welded piston...
Old 04-12-2009, 05:45 PM
350z006

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I should have taken your advice...

Old 04-12-2009, 05:48 PM
MMC Racing

Originally Posted by 350z006
I should have taken your advice...
The obsession level in this thread was too high for most to take in doug's wisdom.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:53 PM
350z006

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

This thread is much too entertaining to avoid...

The obsession level in this thread was too high for most to take in doug's wisdom.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:18 PM
doug

Oh Dougy, I thought we put this all to rest.
i love you man.. i don't carry feelings from thread to thread trust me.. but its just something i picked up on your sarcasm.. i don't know if you're joking or not.. honestly i don't.. not trying to be funny

Quick Reply: Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure