Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 02:29 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by istan
"Jordan pushed for the group buy because he wanted the product. There was interest in the bar from a lot of people. People from all walks of life were in that thread promoting the bar like it was God Sent. A shame no one gave it a bad review until everyone already received it"
I couldnt help to lol at this, so not only was it big shamelss plug(by banned vendor) but epic fail of overhype.

...edit... and +1 on the "mission statement"
Originally Posted by xkr
YOu said you like this community.....You dont think I do....You think the Recon Unit is around for fun....This community has been burned many times....and this garbage has to stop....We are not just protecting the community from MrS......A few months ago the Recon Unit was asked for help by this female that was ripped off....The Recon Unit went into action and had the scammer banned....I am sure Eric, John, Raj , Dave and Jorge remembers that mission. Look at the community now...when was the last time you saw all shops working together??? No Shops bashing shops???....All are in this together...because all look bad when this is allowed to happen.

as tom said, we all must feed mike... we are jsut waiting for the info.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 05-14-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:33 PM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
I couldnt help to lol at this, so not only was it big shamelss plug(by banned vendor) but epic fail of overhype.

...edit... and +1 on the "mission statement"

as tom said, we all must feed mike... we are jsut waiting for the info.

.. OK.....I am going to PM this person to see if he has the car as yet......I will not use his name ...but I will tell the story....

Last edited by XKR; 05-14-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:06 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
Mike i must warn you.. i've secured a deal with sharif that if this news doesn't come out soon.. your car won't be ready for ZdayZ.. then he rubbed his hands like Mr. Burns and said excellent.. not quite sure what that was about
*cough* *cough*
Old 05-14-2009, 03:13 PM
ADMAN

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

am i the oldest member in this thread? i'm feeling l33t
No. No you are not. Sorry...

[/l33t]

<<===

Last edited by ADMAN; 05-14-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:59 PM
doug

awww.. damn
Old 05-14-2009, 04:08 PM
jz350

i don't know if I count, but I did post in this thread. My join date is 6/02.

Last edited by jz350; 05-14-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:11 PM
doug

show off
Old 05-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ADMAN
No. No you are not. Sorry...

[/l33t]

<<===
neither are you
Old 05-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn some old school guys 2002 I couldn't even afford to buy a ride in a Z then.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:25 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoBau
You may need a few more than that, apparently. The fact that your "leet intel gathering skills" have made you arrive at the conclusion that I'm friends wish Scott just shows how poorly calibrated your skills really are. Dear God, man, I can't STAND Scott. Why do you think I've sat here and laughed along with this thread? Who do you think was the Admin who put down the ban hammer in the first place years ago? Who do you think RE-BANNED and went to IB with the issue when he suddenly reappeared? Wow, your radar is way off on this issue.

So, let's try this again. We've established that you believe Canadian was the one that forwarded the PM on. I'll file that under "allegation that has yet to be proven". I contend that he did not. We'll file that under "rebuttal that has yet to be proven". I'm at a strict disadvantage here of having to prove a negative, but I'm happy to try. I welcome you to pile on as much proof as you want, I'll rebut if necessary, and we'll let the jury come to their own conclusions. Sounds reasonable, yes? Should you not be able to provide such proof, however, I would suggest that you tone down your confidence in your super-sleuth skills and start preparing to eat some serious crow.

First, let's establish a timeline so we can trace this appropriately and properly assign evidence to its respective allegation. I think you'd agree this is the mature way to handle a situation where two adults are at odds over a historical issue.

You first sent your PM on what date, and to whom?

Your PM, which you felt was private, then showed up in the hands of (fill in the blank), who has stated that they received it from (fill in the blank) via (fill in the blank). We'll start there.

G

As I side note regarding the fact that this will be Post #5 in 6 years of membership: I've been a member of this board for longer than a vast majority that now grace it with their membership. Back in the day I worked with the "founding fathers" to get the rules written up and set the structure for the place. I believe I actually wrote your TOS. I have, almost since day one, respected the fact that the my350z members should have their own world that isn't constantly hounded by the G people. I have stayed at arm's length. If you want to look down on me for that, so be it, but it has been out of respect. That is something I would've hoped would have been mutual.
No worries. I'll be as honest and forthright with you guys as I can be- all I ever ask is that people respect each other and give others the opportunity to talk out issues without being shouted down.

One thing to nip in the bud right now-- Jordan (Canadian) is a very close friend of mine. I won't hide that. He's like my brother, and he became a Mod on driver because I vouched for him and know that his only intention ever was to really just help the community grow and evolve. No underlying, nefarious plots.

In August of 2003 I became a mod because someone vouched for me, and worked up to Admin by November because others did as well. That's how we get names in blue or red-- people know us and recognize our efforts and desire to give back. I don't think that just because we're good friends and he became a Mod, that there's some reason to condemn his ascent. It happened to me, it happened to everyone. We don't just materialize.

I know no one believes it, but I'll waste my typographical breath anyway: The kid didn't let Scott use his account, nor share any super-secret Mod stuff with him. Ever. I would bet a ******** on this fact. He knows I loathe Scott, and knows there would be hell to pay if it even was considered. Not to mention he's not an idiot-- we know why Scott got knocked off in the first place. He may remain friends with him, which is a point of contention in our own friendship, but that's just something I've come to deal with.

When I look him in the eye about this, he just isn't lying. He resigned because this (*pointing around the room*) was just too much drama to put everyone through on Driver. We somehow got pulled into this because people started making accusations that ultimately proved to be untrue when vetted by IB. It was too late, however, and the rumor mill was already fueled with manure and storming along. I proposed and IB agreed that his de-modding would be in the best interest of keeping the peace with those who would never listen. And so, Canadian resigned. Someone who cared had his spirit actively killed. Wee.

It should also be noted that there's a very, very tight-knit group of us in Vegas, of which many of the 350Z members are a part. We know each other personally, shake eachother's hands, and sit at Starbucks and talk about all the eDrama as it unfolds. Please refrain from telling us that we "don't know" about the people we see daily or infer that they're less-than-intelligent or honorable people. It's always sad to read, as it just plays out as ethuggery. It does provide for excellent dinner conversation, though

G
I'm sorry, but you can't reconcile what you have stated above with the actions by both of you on g35driver. As a moderator, your bro Jordan has openly advocated, promoted, and campaigned for Scott Bush/RA numerous times. He advertised for RA (a permabanned sponsor) in his sig everytime he posted with his username in bold blue letters. He openly posted on g35driver that he was trying to get Scott's ban lifted, which I quoted very early in this thread.

Yet you (the administrator who can't stand Scott, had an active role in Scott's banning, and who vouched for your homie Jordan) seemingly took no action to keep Jordan in line as a moderator. Jordan's promotion of the RA strut tower bar and his acting as the customer service rep for Scott in that thread was blatant misconduct as a moderator. Jordan having RA in his sig was blatant misconduct as a moderator. Jordan encouraging forum members in the region to go to Relentless Autosports was blatant misconduct as a moderator.

Despite the numerous examples and instances of Jordan's misconduct, by your own statements above, it seems that no punitive action was taken by you and that you simply proposed that Jordan resign "in the best interest of keeping the peace with those who would never listen".

George,
Based on what you have asserted above on your feelings about Scott and Jordan, you should have told Jordan something like this about his actions as a moderator A LONG TIME AGO:
Jordan,
You are my friend and I vouched for you to become a moderator on this site. I know we don't agree on our views about Scott Bush and Relentless Autosports. However, I had a role in banning Scott and I believe it was for valid reasons. Scott/RA is permabanned from this site. Therefore, promotion of Scott/RA by g35driver staff members is not allowed and will not be tolerated.

Regardless of your personal feelings about Scott/RA, you cannot publicly support him or his company on this site while you are a moderator here. It is not fair to the other non-banned paying sponsors/vendors who pay their dues and play by the rules to do business on our site.

If you feel that you cannot adhere to this policy and my standards, than you should not be a staff member on this site. If you want to publicly support Scott on the g35driver forums, you may do so as a regular member. I hope you understand my position.

G
^ It's quite obvious that this hypothetical conversation never took place between you and Jordan. IMO, you failed as an administrator by not correcting Jordan's behavior as a moderator and you let your personal friendship with him interfere with taking the proper administrative actions A LONG TIME AGO.

Since you vouched for Jordan and failed to do the right thing when he was screwing up... I think you should also resign. It's your turn to fall on the blade. If you don't do so, I think IB should strip you of your status based off of your inaction to correct a problem you are responsible for creating with your essential sponsorship of Jordan's mod position.

Originally Posted by XKR
All I will say is ..Its between IB and I now.
And yet George asserts that he knows more than you, when you are in direct communication with IB. Maybe they are keeping him out of the loop due to his friendship with Jordan/Canadian and his inactions in dealing with issues concerning him.

George,

Let me put this in terms and a scenario that is analogous with my job in law enforcement...

This is like a vice sting with a prostitute on a street corner and a fellow prostitute standing a block away within eyesight, but out of earshot. The undercover vice officer pulls up and the prostitute offers to perform full intercourse for $50. The undercover officer agrees, the prostitute gets in the car, and they drive away. The bust happens a few blocks away and she is arrested out of the view of the fellow prostitute. She later denies to the other prostitute that she offered full intercourse and states that the officer in fact was the one who solicited intercourse. Because she is a "very close friend" and has told her prior that she only performs fellatio, the other prostitute believes her story. What they don't know is that the entire sting was caught on hidden video with audio to prove guilt.

Based on your logic you have displayed in what you have stated and asserted in this thread with your posts... We should believe the fellow prostitute and not the officers who have yet to reveal the video evidence of the incident.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 05-14-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:50 PM
doug

Damnit Eric some of us are reading on cell phones.. I will have to enjoy when I get home
Old 05-14-2009, 05:18 PM
GeoBau

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
You seem awfully sure of yourself that the hypothetical conversation you propose never took place.

I apologize if you feel that giving allowing the first SB group buy to continue was a miscarriage of justice, but I suppose you'll have to learn to live with the disappointing realization (or not) that not every subject is as black-and-white as you'd like it to be. As I stated before, I'm not here to please any one particular person or mob, but to weigh the ramifications of our actions and determine whether they present a net good to the community at large. Regardless, this is an issue that was discussed at a higher level and at greater depth than has been presented here. It has been resolved. While that resolution may not be to your liking and it is your right to disagree, the concerned parties are the ones who matter most. If you feel I must resign over this issue, you have that right. You will, however, be disappointed.

Again, as was stated before, the only thing I request is that everyone be given their turn to speak, and you actually consider facts before jumping to and/or spreading conclusions. Pretty simple and fair request. Any PMs that are forwarded on are chronicled by IB, and it's a fairly simple matter to pull someone's outbox.

There seems to be a whole mess of speculation from some people who have no earthly clue what they're talking about, and who believe there is some secret cloak-and-dagger world of conspiracies that operates just below the surface

Does anyone have questions about anything that happened, or have we already come to our conclusions without regard to what's transpired?

G
Old 05-14-2009, 05:22 PM
XKR

*cough* *cough*

Funny Doug...lol
Old 05-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Cloud35

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
I'm a little confused on what intel you expect to see in this latest build.

Unless an extreme and/or impossible to keep promise was made, you know Mr.S is going to make sure every build that he releases will be as close as possible to the agreeded upon build promise.

He knows it will be publicly scrutinized to an extreme extent, under spot lights and gone over with a fine tooth comb.

For example: If the build invoice says it will have JWT cams... instead of the stock cam secret special, you can bet MrS will put real JWT cams in. (unless he is totally stupid, suicidal or on PCP)

Now on the other hand... If MrS promised to put in non-existent parts... Nismo turbine, Diamond coated Nismo pistons, Nismo fuel rails, etc... then he is already caught.

At this point, it seems its going to take something special to find a problem with what comes out of the latest build.

I suppose it must be in the "already caught" catagory.
I think that's Mike's intention. There has to be a dark back story to this one build he is alluding to in particular and Scott is now having a chance to correct it. Knowing that the build is going to be in the spotlight, Scott should know that he better not pull anything shady and do the build correctly this time. What I think Mike is hiding is the back story to this build.

And at this point, I dont think there is any publicity that can be good for Scott anymore. Even if the next 50 builds coming out of his shop are monsters, I think the doubt has already been instilled in the mind set of most consumers, at least I hope they are.

With the type of work being done at this level of modding and the amount of money being invested, I would hope that even the most budget conscious consumer would realize that you would rather pay for premium quality than have to deal with anyone with a suspicious past.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

G
I'm with George.

This thread is about Scott.

Not a mob hunt for some 3rd removed friend of a friend of a friend.

If it goes out of scope it makes this thread look really bad.

George hasn't done anything wrong. Keep the spot light focused where it should be... on Scott.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:48 PM
XKR

EDIT: Mike, I already know what MrS's past has been, so I don't like him, but consider this.

This could turn out to be a lemons into lemonade opportunity for MrS. He could potentially overbuild and throw in some extras with the knowledge that there will be huge publicity on whatever he releases. It will be splashed all over the internet and he could parade it in drag all over the shyster forums.
The post below tells the story. Its about a customer that took his car to MrS for a build.....We have price changes...we have things not included as promised, we have threats to customer...customer reaches out to Recon Unit for help....Recon Unit contacts lawyer on staff for directions (yes, Recon Unit has lawyer on staffwe large).....info and name is given to mod to hold for future drama and to back up story because name of customer cannot be given.

I have said too much.....

Originally Posted by Cloud35
I think that's Mike's intention. There has to be a dark back story to this one build he is alluding to in particular and Scott is now having a chance to correct it. Knowing that the build is going to be in the spotlight, Scott should know that he better not pull anything shady and do the build correctly this time. What I think Mike is hiding is the back story to this build.

And at this point, I dont think there is any publicity that can be good for Scott anymore. Even if the next 50 builds coming out of his shop are monsters, I think the doubt has already been instilled in the mind set of most consumers, at least I hope they are.

With the type of work being done at this level of modding and the amount of money being invested, I would hope that even the most budget conscious consumer would realize that you would rather pay for premium quality than have to deal with anyone with a suspicious past.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:51 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cloud35
Ahhh OK. A past scam in the process of being corrected.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:52 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You seem awfully sure of yourself that the hypothetical conversation you propose never took place.
Actions speak louder than words. Jordan's continued pattern of misconduct and the continuation of his status as a moderator until a few days ago speaks for itself. If that hypothetical conversation took place (as you are insinuating it did)... Why did the misconduct continue for so long without publicly noticable intervention or consequence until his resignation??? And how do you reconcile this with your statement that you proposed his resignation "in the best interest of keeping the peace with those who would never listen", instead of stating that it was due to his continued misconduct and bias as a moderator???

You speak out of both sides of your mouth sir.

Let me put it this way...
You gave Jordan that official position as a moderator and then he used it to essentially act as an agent for Relentless Autosports (a permabanned sponsor run by a scammer). While this was happening, you seemingly sat around with your thumb up your *** while wrongdoings were going down in front of your eyes that you could have stopped and prevented. I've seen people get rightfullly fired for less.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Cloud35

Originally Posted by XKR

I have said too much.....
Really? Because from my stand point, I don't think you've said enough
Old 05-14-2009, 06:02 PM
XKR

Ahhh OK. A past scam in the process of being corrected.
NOT PAST ....PRESENT !!

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Let me put it this way...
You gave Jordan that official position as a moderator and then he used it to essentially act as an agent for Relentless Autosports (a permabanned sponsor run by a scammer). While this was happening, you seemingly sat around with your thumb up your *** while wrongdoings were going down in front of your eyes that you could have stopped and prevented. I've seen people get rightfullly fired for less.
OHHH LAWD ...... Focus Eric....save some of that Ammo for MrS ......

Last edited by XKR; 05-14-2009 at 06:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure