Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 05:41 PM
stormcrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
Yeah, I know what assuming does. I wouldn't have given Scott the benefit of the doubt, except for the fact that he has always been straight up with me, the other customers of his that I know, and frankly of everyone that I know of that has dealt with him.

Now, as to my vehicle, Scott picked up my car at my place and had me drive him back home in my car, so that he could give me instructions as to how to take care of it, since I am running on stock injectors and a stock fuel pump (and have been for over a year now without problems).
so what you're eluding to is that he didn't have a shop for you to drop it off and/or pick it up... he worked on your car at his home...just as has been shown with other vehicles in this very thread...

ever wonder what your car went through during the time it was not in your possession?
Old 07-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Chi-TownWarrior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SFR is a joke in SD. NOBODY GOES TO THEM (at least when it comes to the people with the community, and within the various Z and G clubs in SD). I even met a guy with a procharged Z that caravanned up to HB with us, making less power than I am at the same PSI, that has already blown up one motor. This guy has gone to SFR from the beginning.

Scott has been nothing but professional when it has come to my dealings with him. I recognize RA is a far smaller shop than most of the other's, but this does not make him any less professional. Some of the best work that I've outsourced on my cars has come from smaller, one or two man shops, and frankly, like RA, their turn around time has been 3x better than the larger shops, has cost far less, and frankly the results have been the same, if not better than if I had gone to a larger shop.
I have yet to see or hear anything bad about SFR. Now that doesn't mean that they've had any bad experiences, but seeing as most of the info you provide is opinion and way less fact, I go ahead and leave your comment about SFR an opinion and that's it.

I'm pretty sure that there is a big difference in some random speed shop vs. RA. There are some good small shops around me that can offer good to great service and may give me a better experience than Forged, National Speed, or AAM, but if I want the knowledge and know-how I'll more than likely go with them. Once again it goes back to the FACT of made up parts, used parts, and running motors to the edge of their abilities. The topic here is Relentless Autofail/Scott Butthead, Not Joe's Performance. I've also dealt with people that come off as real professional, and are straight forward with me, but then as soon as my back is turned they turn into a complete Jackass.

RA/SB has yet to provide proof that is consistent with his claims. When he says that some car that he built has 5xx hp and hands it over to a customer, the stated numbers drop down to 3xx-4xx and he goes back and says it was "conservative".

But I guess since you must be turning a blind eye to this, it must be okay.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:13 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawchick
I have never been an RA fanboy.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:36 PM
go-fast
Banned

I don't have a man crush. Scott definitely has his flaws. I'm just a sucker for the underdog lol.
i'm for the underdog as well and i pick my causes carefully,but scott smells dirty and that makes him not worthy.your supposed to fight for the honest underdog that faces unfair circumstances,not the "taker" and lier scott has shown to be.just because he's a smalltime doesn't qualify him for protection.maybe he's smalltime for a reason?(suggest you consider welded up pistons)

EDIT: i'll have to take you on your word about the man crush

Last edited by go-fast; 07-01-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:48 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Scott doesnt have a shop does he...... A shed doesnt count, nor does the street or his house.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by stormcrow
so what you're eluding to is that he didn't have a shop for you to drop it off and/or pick it up... he worked on your car at his home...just as has been shown with other vehicles in this very thread...

ever wonder what your car went through during the time it was not in your possession?
I'm not eluding to anything. I know Scott didn't work on my car from home because frankly I know what his home and his garage looks like. His garage is too packed to put a motorcycle in much less a car.

I called Scott daily, if not twice a day for updates on the install. The SC kit I bought was used, and Scott was uninstalling it from the previous car and installing the kit in my car all at the same time, as well as installing another vortech kit on a black G35. On or about the same time he was doing a vortech install and tune for a white G35 from AZ (I think his name here is devildog).

All these cars being worked on at the same time would lead anyone to the conclusion that it was done somewhere other than Scott's home.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:01 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

All those cars being worked on at the same time (by one person) sounds like a disaster waiting to happen to me.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by Chi-TownWarrior
I have yet to see or hear anything bad about SFR. Now that doesn't mean that they've had any bad experiences, but seeing as most of the info you provide is opinion and way less fact, I go ahead and leave your comment about SFR an opinion and that's it.
Where do you live? I've been living in SD for about 2 years now. I think I know SFR, their dealings, and customers better than most of the people on this thread.

The SD Z32 club won't even go to SFR for simple maintenance because apparently SFR screwed up on a simple clutch install. With that alone, SFR has already alienated a huge Nissan group in Socal. This is just the most recent thing that is being said about SFR. Until now I hadn't even mentioned the procharger Z with no power that has already gone through one motor.

Scott has a much better rep in SD than SFR in the nissan community. Trust me on that lol
Old 07-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by go-fast
i'm for the underdog as well and i pick my causes carefully,but scott smells dirty and that makes him not worthy.your supposed to fight for the honest underdog that faces unfair circumstances,not the "taker" and lier scott has shown to be.just because he's a smalltime doesn't qualify him for protection.maybe he's smalltime for a reason?(suggest you consider welded up pistons)

EDIT: i'll have to take you on your word about the man crush
I started talking to Scott about a TT setup, because one of Scott's customer's was selling his used JWT setup, and strongly recommended going to RA for install and tuning. I later talked to Scott about ordering me a set of coilovers. All of this was well before any of this my350z drama came about.

My impression of Scott was that he was a straight up, and knowledgeable guy. He was also well spoken and intelligent. He has given a decent explanation for most of the claims that have been said about him. He's given me tons of info with his whole story RE: VRT.

I also knew John (who now drives a lotus but was a mod here) pretty well, and I had already gone on a mountain run with John Yong (USM nurse guy). At that time USM really didn't have any negative things to say about Scott (not sure what has changed, although I've heard rumors).

Added together, everything appeared like a witch-hunt, and still does.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by idwin
All those cars being worked on at the same time (by one person) sounds like a disaster waiting to happen to me.
Who told you there was one person? He has always at least 2 other RA guys at the last time attack alone. I have met the guy that installed my SC, and I have yet to meet Scott's engine builder, (even USM had glowing things to say about this guy).
Old 07-01-2009, 08:34 PM
go-fast
Banned

Who told you there was one person? He has always at least 2 other RA guys at the last time attack alone. I have met the guy that installed my SC, and I have yet to meet Scott's engine builder, (even USM had glowing things to say about this guy).

you prove my point about honesty with this post,he has no business license, so he has no payroll,so he is a tax cheat.how can you support someone who seeks unfair advantage(this is not the definition of an underdog).can you imagine small shop overhead?he's undercutting price by CHEATING and you sit here in defense of it.....i'm done with you,you fail
Old 07-01-2009, 09:16 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

sorry I can't help it:

"You cheat Dr. Jones, you cheat!"

Old 07-01-2009, 09:39 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Darren, you the short little intense dude that attempted to get Sam to go back with you to your hotel at HIN?....lol
Try again, baby girl. I'm 6'2", 220lb, Mr. Clean do w/ a full beard. Next time you're at a show where we are taking top trophies at w/ TWC, how about you stop by and introduce yourself? I'd say that I could meet you at RA the next time I'm in SoCal, but I don't know where Scott's apartment is...

Now that you brought up bodily appearances, does your boy Scott still have his nips pierced?

For a law student your rebuttals are rather uninteresting and boring. Gonna do pro bono if/when you ever pass the bar?

Darren(yawns)
Old 07-01-2009, 10:20 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lawchick again.

We should start a Lawchick FAIL Thread with quotes of all of his dumb posts followed by the LULZ/ownage and sticky it here in the FI section.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:22 PM
ADMAN

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

I believe the black G was Canadian's...
Old 07-02-2009, 04:55 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Lawchick again.

We should start a Lawchick FAIL Thread with quotes of all of his dumb posts followed by the LULZ/ownage and sticky it here in the FI section.
Thats the least we can do.....This is some first class Sack Swinging.....Calling him a Nuthugger would be an insult to all the other huggers. WOW !!!! Now Lawchick is talking crap about SFR....A real shop.....not a barn.....a real shop....But yet he thinks MrS ***** ridden street corner is a better place to work on a car.....This crap is unreal.

Name a shop and I can find one customer that has been upset at that shop for one thing or another. Then if that customer hangs out at meets....then he will spread his/her anger. But to come on here and try to pretent that RA can hold a candle to SFR is about the dumbest thing I have seen on here.

I have never seen any post on here about SFR doing a bait and switch or wallet rappage.......An art form that MrS is a pro at.

Tim does all the work at his shop.....what does MrS do

Sorry Eric....I have to borrow your gauge...

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by XKR; 07-02-2009 at 05:27 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:32 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm not eluding to anything. I know Scott didn't work on my car from home because frankly I know what his home and his garage looks like. His garage is too packed to put a motorcycle in much less a car.

I called Scott daily, if not twice a day for updates on the install. The SC kit I bought was used, and Scott was uninstalling it from the previous car and installing the kit in my car all at the same time, as well as installing another vortech kit on a black G35. On or about the same time he was doing a vortech install and tune for a white G35 from AZ (I think his name here is devildog).

All these cars being worked on at the same time would lead anyone to the conclusion that it was done somewhere other than Scott's home.

sounds like you didn't trust him that much
Old 07-02-2009, 05:34 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I started talking to Scott about a TT setup, because one of Scott's customer's was selling his used JWT setup, and strongly recommended going to RA for install and tuning. I later talked to Scott about ordering me a set of coilovers. All of this was well before any of this my350z drama came about.

My impression of Scott was that he was a straight up, and knowledgeable guy. He was also well spoken and intelligent. He has given a decent explanation for most of the claims that have been said about him. He's given me tons of info with his whole story RE: VRT.

I also knew John (who now drives a lotus but was a mod here) pretty well, and I had already gone on a mountain run with John Yong (USM nurse guy). At that time USM really didn't have any negative things to say about Scott (not sure what has changed, although I've heard rumors).

Added together, everything appeared like a witch-hunt, and still does.
Sort of like a Used Car Salesman? I'm not sure how you figured Scott was knowledgeable.. Scott used to tumble over his posts here on the forum and have to wait for Mr. A to come in and clarify them.. or he would make a post.. someone ask a question and 2 hours later he was still on the board but wouldn't come up with an answer for 2 days.. if you found him knowledgable.. it just shows how ignorant you were
Old 07-02-2009, 06:03 AM
IzYou

I got a thread invalid , but here was my contribution.

I'll play.

Fiberglass IMO is the best because frankly Poly for front bumpers because poly is far too heavy.
I'm pretty sure in most cases the fiberglass peice would be more heavier than poly urethane since it is much thinner and has less density than fiberglass. IMO
Old 07-02-2009, 06:14 AM
IzYou

WTF? Yeah, you're talking about my car. No the car is not "clean at all". It's got a long way to go. The license plate is off the car now, replaced with one from my school.

Were you the little asian boy taking pictures in your stock black Z? Thanks for chiming in chief. I'm at all of the meets kiddo. I can't wait to meet you....
Hi .

No offense, but yeah drive less like a douchebag. I'm not even going to comment on the "asian boy taking pictures with a black z".

Quick Reply: Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure