Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 06:22 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by xxg35girlxx
eww
Samantha let me hit it.

Daddy don't care if you had a kid.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:23 PM
xxg35girlxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
Hi Samantha...welcome back...
hiiii mike
Old 09-09-2009, 06:39 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
*cough* Sharif *cough*
Old 09-10-2009, 12:12 PM
XKR

Did you guys see this???????????????

Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ
I think even one reputable magazine had a negative experience with this shop/VRT.

Project Nissan 350Z Misfortunes - Getting Burned
A Story Of Musical Engines & Musical Shops
By Jay Chen
Nissan 350Z Put On Towtruck

You'd think that, as a reputable enthusiast magazine, people in the tuning world would be smart enough not to jerk us around or burn us. But it happens from time to time. For over a year, I had been planning and laying down the groundwork for a new engine for Project Nissan 350Z. We've vacillated between ideas of V8 power, a stroker kit or even an all-out NA engine. We finally settled on turbocharging our Z with a Jim Wolf Technology twin-turbo kit and a built low-compression engine.

While we know many reputable and trusted engine builders who are more than capable of taking on this project, no one had the time. Then we had a run-in with a new tuning shop called Violent Racing Technology that specialized in turbocharging Zs with JWT's turbo kits. The owner, Michael or Miguel Alvarez, depending on who he was talking to, was chomping at the bit to do all the work on our Z for some exposure.

My gut feeling at the time was one of skepticism. He was just too eager and trying too hard. He also wasn't a car guy, even though he knew how to talk the talk. Fair enough, there are smart businessmen who can run a successful shop with the help of serious technical talent. I would just bide my time and see how the shop grows. VRT did make serious headway in the next six months, despite the internet squabble we sometimes encountered. Maybe I was wrong.

I finally pulled the trigger to go with VRT, based on reputable friends in the industry who vouched for it. We sent a 4000-mile fresh VQ35DE long-block, along with pistons, rods, the turbo kit and a whole gaggle of other parts to start the build before the car was driven down.

That's when the problems started. We're understanding and used to delays and setbacks in building cars, that's just the nature of things. But when we got a call from Mr. A months later, we started wondering. He requested new 0.020-inch-over pistons, because the stock-bore JE Pistons we sent wouldn't work, on account of the motor having to be re-bored. This seemed rather unlikely, since the motor we sent was so new, but there was no way to verify the claim. We made arrangements with JE to have another set custom-made and rushed to VRT, as long as the original set was returned or paid for. Little did we know that our block had already been torn down, rebuilt and sent off with the original set of JE pistons (that were never paid for) in another of VRT's customer cars.

Our fears were temporarily set aside when I finally dropped off Project Z at VRT's HQ. It was a large, clean facility with several lifts and an engine-building stand, where a block and all our parts were laid out for photography and assembly. I left the keys feeling assured that VRT would give our car back soon. As encouragement, we gave Alvarez the opportunity to participate in the 2007 USCC on the condition that he build a homemade Skyline by converting a car to all-wheel drive with twin-turbo power. That visit was just a few days before VRT terminated its lease and moved back to its residential garage roots. We were never told.

Alvarez never came through with the homemade GT-R. Instead, he showed up with a customer's G35 with his time attack car's hurt engine swapped in. His plan was to win the USCC with this car just tuned to make silly power. Something we weren't too interested in.

About the same time, we started getting pictures over the internet of our Z sitting in front of Casa de Alvarez, with its engine torn out. I inquired about this and was told the car had been moved to his private residence for safety, as the shop had been broken into. He failed to mention that the 'shop' no longer existed and Violent Racing Technology as a corporation was bankrupt. He was now operating under various other corporate guises, like Mr. A Enterprises, Verified Racing Technology or VRTparts.
Project Nissan 350Z Misfortunes - Getting Burned

Even when we confirmed that VRT was out of its lease and now operating out of a residence, the deception and excuses continued. We requested that Alvarez stop work on the car and prepared a laundry list of parts to have ready when we went to pick it up. Two days before the pick-up, we were told Alvarez would not be in town, even though we had already scheduled the appointment. In reality, he was in town, but scrambling around to put together an engine for our car using the original block. He had also sent off our turbo kit (the second complete system he scammed from JWT using our name) in yet another customer's car. By the time we got our car back, the old supercharger and built motor both had parts missing, and the 'core' that came back was nothing but a box of scrap metal with damaged heads and a block minus its main caps (although the new owners of VRT did eventually cough up another long-block).

What finally broke the camel's back was that VRT managed to steal our front brake calipers (even though the wheels were put back on), some cosmetic parts and the rear anti-roll bar, which had nothing to do with pulling the engine. Project Z had been raped and we had been taken by a con man.

According to the new owners of VRT, Alvarez is no longer involved, although the operation still runs out of Casa de Alvarez. We finally have our Z back and it's being restored under the capable and well-trusted hands of Steve Mitchell of M-Workz, along with the help and parts support of Nissan Motorsports and JWT.

While we strive only to present and refer to shops we trust and have a long relationship with, we still get suckered on occasion. I just feel bad for those on a long list of VRT customers who have also been burned and have to suck up the loss and rebuild their cars out of their own pockets. It would be great to see everyone gang up and take legal action, but at least Mr. A is done in our industry.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:21 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

I had heard about this a little while ago.....but even with that being posted people still dealt with his partner Scott Bush.You would think people would learn...but i guess not.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:52 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by superchargedg
I had heard about this a little while ago.....but even with that being posted people still dealt with his partner Scott Bush.You would think people would learn...but i guess not.
I agree...

Tim was the first agent to be sent out on a covert mission....did you see the video's???
Old 09-10-2009, 12:53 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by XKR
I agree...

Tim was the first agent to be sent out on a covert mission....did you see the video's???
No i didnt.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:18 PM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Relentless has a STS turbo and parts Advertisment in the latest Nissan Sport Mag.

different relentless Jeff... look up the location/website/phone number.

Not cool to bring Nissan Sport into this drama when its not even accurate.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:38 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by OCG35

anything else you would like to tell us that we already know?

Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
Its a different company called Relentless RPM and they appear to be a division of Harbor Nissan that add is on page 31 but it says nothing about STS turbos unless there is another ad your talking about

Nissan Sport Mag had a writer get his car built at VRT the white G35 with the Enkei wheels it had an aluminum splitter on the front and I think it was in SCC Ultimate Sports Car Challange back in the day (owned by Ed Reeser)was done at VRT. The car was featured in Fall 2006 NSM and Ed Reeser writes the "notorious turns" section of NSM and always has a picture of the car in that section( it still has the VRT stickers in the pictures). I would say there is a good chance him and Scott know each other.....but it dosent seem to be the RA that we are discussing here.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:51 PM
OCG35
Banned

If he had any courtesy he would have deleted the post then.

Sorry, I don’t live my days in this thread - so I wasn’t aware that it had been mentioned already...
Old 09-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If he had any courtesy he would have deleted the post then.

Sorry, I don’t live my days in this thread - so I wasn’t aware that it had been mentioned already...
Maybe he dosent live his days in here either and isn't aware that it was incorrect info he posted pm him and make him aware of your concerns.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:47 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

yeah i can see how you missed it.. it was only 7 posts down

appears you were so eagar to let Jeff know he was wrong you didn't read down just a couple posts to see the information had already been corrected
Old 09-11-2009, 04:47 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Where is the "delete this post" button......????
Old 09-11-2009, 05:03 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
You remember Derick the G35C guy that got the bubbly welded and belt sanded forged pistons? When Philthy released that message describing the hack job?

Derick called me to tell me how Scott was "BLOWING UP MY CELL PHONE!" with non-stop calls and phone messages for a week.

Scott was doing everything he could to bribe and/or con Derick into saying Phil was lying. Offering to shower Derick with all kinds of free parts and labor in exchange for a denial.

What a POS.

I'm probably the worst person to try to call. I'm rarely one to talk on the phone, text messaging ftw!
Old 09-11-2009, 05:27 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by superchargedg
No i didnt.
Doug.... Do you know where Keith can view that video of MrA house that was taken to prove he was working out of his house???

If not ... I am sure Tim knows

Last edited by XKR; 09-11-2009 at 05:59 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:05 AM
OCG35
Banned

yeah i can see how you missed it.. it was only 7 posts down

appears you were so eagar to let Jeff know he was wrong you didn't read down just a couple posts to see the information had already been corrected
by the time I read it I had already gone through boatloads of nonsense trying to catch up to the thread... I continued reading a few posts and didnt see a reference... I even skipped to next page to see if someone mentioned it.

And anyway - what difference does it make? I brought it Jeff’s attention that the post still exists and isn’t accurate - if I read it, others will too - it's simple, if it were deleted I wouldnt be wasting time with you...

I thought you and your clan were all about "saving the community" - why would you want bad info out there for the people you are trying to "save"? Oh wait - if it doesn’t fit your agenda, you don’t care

Why are you so fascinated by me? Let it go man – find something else in life to occupy your time… It’s amazing that I could literally post for another three days and capture your attention so intently that you will continue to post as long as I give you attention.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:07 AM
OCG35
Banned

Maybe he dosent live his days in here either and isn't aware that it was incorrect info he posted pm him and make him aware of your concerns.
he reads the updates... thats why I posted... and PMing him doesnt bring it to the attention of others that read the misinformation... If PMing was the answer why do you and your clan post everyting in open forum? Because you want others to know.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:08 AM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
Where is the "delete this post" button......????
when you edit your own post you have the option to delete it.

Edit: Apparently on this site you dont... on Driver you can... in any event - the wrong info can easily be deleted/edited.

Last edited by OCG35; 09-11-2009 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:27 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Relentless has a STS turbo and parts Advertisment in the latest Nissan Sport Mag.

Its a different company called Relentless RPM and they appear to be a division of Harbor Nissan that add is on page 31 but it says nothing about STS turbos unless there is another ad your talking about

Nissan Sport Mag had a writer get his car built at VRT the white G35 with the Enkei wheels it had an aluminum splitter on the front and I think it was in SCC Ultimate Sports Car Challange back in the day (owned by Ed Reeser)was done at VRT. The car was featured in Fall 2006 NSM and Ed Reeser writes the "notorious turns" section of NSM and always has a picture of the car in that section( it still has the VRT stickers in the pictures). I would say there is a good chance him and Scott know each other.....but it dosent seem to be the RA that we are discussing here.

Sounds familiar...
https://my350z.com/forum/7001334-post69.html
Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1
do you also fetch his papers and lick his ***** ?
Originally Posted by vo7848
Knock it off, please.

I read the entire thread, and as most of you know, I tend to stay out of the FI/NA drama. No TOU's have been broken yet, but I have seen a few aggressive posts. Let's just keep it civil gents...

VO
he posted that 3+ days ago... why would you draw attention to it by bringing it up again
https://my350z.com/forum/7003817-post71.html
Old 09-11-2009, 09:29 AM
blasian

Hey Val,

Is that Relentless...

Quick Reply: Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure