Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

XKR Super G... Going for Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 01:37 PM
thawk408

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
I hope its a smoothe clutch....I dont mind grabby....I just hate a grinding clutch feel...I am going to find out from Sharif when he wants to run it again...and I will update you all.....I have just been very busy...I have not been on here much.

Jorge...when its finished...I will send you a pix of it like I did the other stuff....I dont want this on the net with the way the economy is....I have had it for a long time now...and only 2 members on here knew about it....its my bad to have answered the question when asked knowing that there are some on here that have been hit by the economy.
Im sure you have worked extremely hard for all your toys, so you deserve them. Bad economy or not.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:14 PM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thawk408
Im sure you have worked extremely hard for all your toys, so you deserve them. Bad economy or not.
+16546546. I have been hit pretty hard and I am happy that others are still able to enjoy their toys. Things will get better and if not, Mike I heard you were looking for a son to adopt
Old 11-23-2009, 03:42 PM
GBoger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on a lighter note.... I've never seen any videos of any of the iterations of this car. Do you have any while we wait for round 2?
Old 11-24-2009, 07:29 AM
bcampbe7

Originally Posted by XKR
Jorge...when its finished...I will send you a pix of it like I did the other stuff....I dont want this on the net with the way the economy is....I have had it for a long time now...and only 2 members on here knew about it....its my bad to have answered the question when asked knowing that there are some on here that have been hit by the economy.
XKR, I don't know you but you should not feel bad about posting that. I made the tongue-in-cheek comment about wanting to be like you when I grow-up. Didn't mean that in a negative way. Sorry if it came across that way. If you can afford a car like that, good on you! I for one love all cars and would love to see pics/video when finished.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:51 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
I hope its a smoothe clutch....I dont mind grabby....I just hate a grinding clutch feel...I am going to find out from Sharif when he wants to run it again...and I will update you all.....I have just been very busy...I have not been on here much.

oh, it's smooth as can be. Very high quality and a great clutch. It's just grabby when trying to make "limo" takeoffs.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:41 PM
GBoger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bcampbe7
XKR, I don't know you but you should not feel bad about posting that. I made the tongue-in-cheek comment about wanting to be like you when I grow-up. Didn't mean that in a negative way. Sorry if it came across that way. If you can afford a car like that, good on you! I for one love all cars and would love to see pics/video when finished.
+1, losing my job right around christmas this year... Seeing things like that are motivation for me.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:14 PM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by XKR

yeah, and neither of us told anyone about it... *you* had to bring it up! *lol*

and +1 fafillion gagillion on not feeling bad about the success that you have ascertained by working so very hard. yes, a lot of people have been hurt in the down economy, but you could have easily been one of those numbers, as well...if you had of invested in Madoff or the like...

Last edited by stormcrow; 11-24-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:35 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by stormcrow
yeah, and neither of us told anyone about it... *you* had to bring it up! *lol*

and +1 fafillion gagillion on not feeling bad about the success that you have ascertained by working so very hard. yes, a lot of people have been hurt in the down economy, but you could have easily been one of those numbers, as well...if you had of invested in Madoff or the like...
WTF..... I go away on vacation and you all allow my thread to fall to the second page??????

I understand what you all are saying....I could have been hit hard in this economy also....I took a hit... But a small one.

Sharif contacted me to let me know that he had to change the slave and master cylinder.... Should be good to go.

I will update you all soon....and respond to other post when I can get to a computer.... Using the iPhone to post this.

BTW.... If any of you play the new "Call of Duty.. Modern Warfare 2"..... I am [ XKR] Super Model 100".... The name was started as a joke... But now I can't change it

Happy up coming holiday/Christmas to you all.

Last edited by XKR; 12-01-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:44 AM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Old 12-01-2009, 09:05 AM
SmallTuner

Originally Posted by XKR
WTF..... I go away on vacation and you all allow my thread to fall to the second page??????

I understand what you all are saying....I could have been hit hard in this economy also....I took a hit... But a small one.

Sharif contacted me to let me know that he had to change the slave and master cylinder.... Should be good to go.

I will update you all soon....and respond to other post when I can get to a computer.... Using the iPhone to post this.

BTW.... If any of you play the new "Call of Duty.. Modern Warfare 2"..... I am [ XKR] Super Model 100".... The name was started as a joke... But now I can't change it

Happy up coming holiday/Christmas to you all.
u take good care and have a nice vacation,

we all are waiting for updates

Old 12-01-2009, 10:12 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am replacing my slave cylinder, and I hope that fixes my problem. looks like a total PITA to do the master (as well as a lot more $$ for the part)

2009 was a slow year for the big builds on this forum
Old 12-01-2009, 11:34 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
on xboxlive?
Old 12-01-2009, 03:14 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by SmallTuner
u take good care and have a nice vacation,

we all are waiting for updates

Thank you my friend.....I will get info soon...

Rich..... Why did you change yours....???

Jorge.....on Playstation 3 .... This d@mn thing is like crack...

Last edited by XKR; 12-02-2009 at 02:26 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:57 PM
radiologue

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Can we get pics of the Carbonetics clutch after it was pulled out?? I wanna see what was done to it.....
I've got a toasted carbonetics triple disc...I'll try to get pics of it as it sits. It never held the power. I'd like to get carbonetics to look at it, but they were not very interested when we called. A very reputable shop put the clutch in, so I assume either their power handling capabilities are overestimated or there is some defect.

XKR: By the way, I had prototype twin disc SPEC clutch put in my car. It was rediculously grabby the first few hundred miles, but now it is at least as smooth as my Carbonetics triple was and very close to stock. I imagine whatever you end up getting will likely be of similar experience.

Last edited by radiologue; 12-01-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:29 PM
str8dum1

my Spec twin disc is very hard to get into 1st or reverse from a stop. Sent it back to Spec and they said it was in perfect shape. Must be some hydraulic problem, so I am tryin a new slave and a braided line.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:35 PM
radiologue

Originally Posted by str8dum1
my Spec twin disc is very hard to get into 1st or reverse from a stop. Sent it back to Spec and they said it was in perfect shape. Must be some hydraulic problem, so I am tryin a new slave and a braided line.
I've had no issues like that.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:39 PM
str8dum1

Ya I dunno. install was 100%. the few other people that had the super twin had problems as well.

All i know if I'm going to be super pissed if it slips
Old 12-02-2009, 03:59 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

rich, changing the master isn't hard at all. It's 2 bolts. The worst part about it was working with brake fluid like always. I hate brake fluid.

It took me about 10 minutes to change the master and slave on my car. Maybe an hour total with the bleeding and getting it working good.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:33 PM
str8dum1

hmm i thought it was under my ABS stuff. well if it still has problems after I install, the master cylinder will be next......

what problem were you have XKR necessitating the swap?
Old 12-03-2009, 04:48 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by str8dum1
hmm i thought it was under my ABS stuff. well if it still has problems after I install, the master cylinder will be next......

what problem were you have XKR necessitating the swap?
Sharif said that after installing the OS3.... the master cylinder started to act up.... If Sharif sees this post I am sure he will explain.

Quick Reply: XKR Super G... Going for Mach 1