Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

XKR Super G... Going for Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 07:41 PM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
I have Toyo R888 305's on back. Even when I was running in the 550-600 whp range I was having serious traction issues in first and second gear, and I would even get wheel spin in third gear when the turbos spooled up. At his hp level, I don't think new rubber alone will be enough.

I was playing with my boost vs speed settings in my boost controller, and this did help a bit, but traction controll is probably a better way of handling it if you don't mind spending the money. I don't think another $2k-$3k into the build is a significant issue for Mike.
I don't mind spending the 2 or 3k so that I can use the power..... What I don't want is to spend the money and find out I need more things to make it work.....

Originally Posted by str8dum1
honestly money is not an issue for any of us at this level

but after watching that ProEFI TC vid on the dyno, it seems to just be a glorified VDC. it stumbles the motor when slip is detected. I guess thats how all the TC systems work?

I would assume that the good ones wont cause your car to jerk like the stock VDC though
Rich.... The Racelogic is fully adjustable ......you can set whatever % of slip or no slip you want......it even has a wet dry setting
Old 06-16-2010, 06:56 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ya i figure you can adjust how much slip it takes to trigger the fuel/timing cut

but, how adjustable is that cut? If you hit the fuel cut with the haltech (for say overboost), it will throw you thru the windshield. It would have to make microadjustments very quickly to maintain a smooth reduction of power...
Old 06-16-2010, 07:00 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya i figure you can adjust how much slip it takes to trigger the fuel/timing cut

but, how adjustable is that cut? If you hit the fuel cut with the haltech (for say overboost), it will throw you thru the windshield. It would have to make microadjustments very quickly to maintain a smooth reduction of power...

With the ProEFI you can adjust both. How much slip is allowed and then how aggressively it reduces power. You can have it dial back the boost, retard timing or invoke a soft or hard cut rev limiter!!
Old 06-16-2010, 07:19 AM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SoundPerformance
With the ProEFI you can adjust both. How much slip is allowed and then how aggressively it reduces power. You can have it dial back the boost, retard timing or invoke a soft or hard cut rev limiter!!
Do you have any videos showing the TC in action? Also, is there an HR harness available or would we need to hardwire into the oem harness?
Old 06-16-2010, 07:45 AM
XKR

Rich..... There is a video of the Racelogic on a Viper....I think it's at Racelogic.com..... Or viperwoodhouse.com.

The Racelogic comes standard on Ferrari , Lambo and some of the high end British cars. Now that it's offered as a PNP for our cars... It's one of the reasons I really want it.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:47 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

LOL. That's the fuel cut associated with overboost. The rev limiter fuel cut is much more civil. Looking forward to seeing maybe rmedicx with this stuff in action on the ProEFI...

Last edited by rcdash; 06-16-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:09 AM
thom000001

There are a couple vids....i'll find one and put it here...

Tom

Originally Posted by Chris@FsP
Do you have any videos showing the TC in action? Also, is there an HR harness available or would we need to hardwire into the oem harness?
Old 06-16-2010, 08:15 AM
str8dum1

I've seen the vids on the racelogic site and the TC ProEFI vid they had in the porduct announcement thread. That was on the dyno though, so more proof of concept.

But if there is control of how gradual you can reduce power, that sounds like the best way forward

Still wondering why you cant attenuate your boost controller to soften the boost curve. Figure if boost comes on more gradually, then your trq spike would disappear

all new and exciting things as more and more high power VQs hit the road. 900whp will be the new 600 soon enough
Old 06-16-2010, 08:41 AM
thom000001

Pro-EFI traction control........(gotta download vid though)

http://72.167.62.188/downloads/ProEF...%20Control.wmv
Old 06-16-2010, 08:41 AM
XKR

I've seen the vids on the racelogic site and the TC ProEFI vid they had in the porduct announcement thread. That was on the dyno though, so more proof of concept.

But if there is control of how gradual you can reduce power, that sounds like the best way forward

Still wondering why you cant attenuate your boost controller to soften the boost curve. Figure if boost comes on more gradually, then your trq spike would disappear

all new and exciting things as more and more high power VQs hit the road. 900whp will be the new 600 soon enough
I have never had a chance to turn the boost up.... I am having traction issues at wastegate pressure....15psi.... So gradual boost adjustment won't help
Old 06-16-2010, 08:59 AM
str8dum1

makes me sad as my car was nothing like that
Old 06-16-2010, 10:43 AM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

And I'm worried about traction with my 550-600whp project
Old 06-16-2010, 05:37 PM
XKR

Well as you can see.... Lag is not so bad after all.

I can't figure out what is so different about my build why the boost comes on this way.... Don't get me wrong... I am not complaining .... It's just bad planning on my part for not installing the TC.

Live and learn I guess. I should have done more research .... If I did I would have known that high impedance injectors would have solved my problem.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:54 PM
str8dum1

its those 'tiny' turbine housings on that big motor. I didnt realize how big my turbos were until I saw a Greddy 18g, JWT 530bb and even a JWT 700. I'm hoping that 3.8L will better my curve. But my dyno almost 100% overlays Hal's and if he can trap high 140s at low 9s, my kinda power delivery must not be all bad. If you could hook, your 1/8th trap would kill his!

I was gonna ask if you were running the Yoko Advan AO48's. Then I looked at their sizes and remembered form before function on the old G35 beast LOL

seems like you have a buddy on your visitor page

Last edited by str8dum1; 06-16-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:39 PM
XKR

its those 'tiny' turbine housings on that big motor. I didnt realize how big my turbos were until I saw a Greddy 18g, JWT 530bb and even a JWT 700. I'm hoping that 3.8L will better my curve. But my dyno almost 100% overlays Hal's and if he can trap high 140s at low 9s, my kinda power delivery must not be all bad. If you could hook, your 1/8th trap would kill his!

I was gonna ask if you were running the Yoko Advan AO48's. Then I looked at their sizes and remembered form before function on the old G35 beast LOL

seems like you have a buddy on your visitor page
What visitor page???
Old 06-16-2010, 08:05 PM
eltness350
The Untouchable

your own profile page i think hes talking about...u can see who has viewed it....im gonna view urs and see!!
Old 06-17-2010, 04:10 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rich, if I remember correctly, you are using exhaust headers instead of the log style manifolds. Are yours ceramic coated or heat wrapped? Also, do you have turbo blankets or ceramic coating on your turbine housings? If not, these may help a tad bit.

Essentially, providing a thermal barrier reduces the amount of thermal energy disipating through the metal itself, thereby increasing the amount of energy that is going to the turbine. I have never seen data on back to back comparisons, so it's hard to quantify how much it will help. In the overall scheme of things, ceramic coating is fairly inexpensive, so it is worth a shot.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:03 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by eltness350
your own profile page i think hes talking about...u can see who has viewed it....im gonna view urs and see!!
I see
Old 06-17-2010, 05:29 AM
str8dum1

ya all hot sides are ceramic coated as well as the headers, downpipes are wrapped and coated. I might also wrap the headers but waiting to hear about SFR's opinion

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
Rich, if I remember correctly, you are using exhaust headers instead of the log style manifolds. Are yours ceramic coated or heat wrapped? Also, do you have turbo blankets or ceramic coating on your turbine housings? If not, these may help a tad bit.

Essentially, providing a thermal barrier reduces the amount of thermal energy disipating through the metal itself, thereby increasing the amount of energy that is going to the turbine. I have never seen data on back to back comparisons, so it's hard to quantify how much it will help. In the overall scheme of things, ceramic coating is fairly inexpensive, so it is worth a shot.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:29 AM
GBoger

I would think heatwrapping the headers would deffinitely improve your spool up.

Quick Reply: XKR Super G... Going for Mach 1