Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

XKR Super G... Going for Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 05:56 AM
nelson83099

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
Terry sent me some of the plans....its bad azz. He is a person that crosses his "T's".....so you know its going to be good. But man...he and I are going to get hit in the pocket for the first 2 sets.
What about dotting his "I's".. good luck with the build i can't wait to see the finished product
Old 06-25-2009, 06:02 AM
DanielW
Banned

Originally Posted by jumpin800agl
Mike is gonna slam his computer down and blow out his floor board at next year's event.

The FnF references never get old....
Old 06-25-2009, 06:27 AM
DanielW
Banned

Originally Posted by JAM3Z
Is he getting two of the big bottles? Does he need them by tonight?
And another one . This almost makes me want to see 4.

BTW Mia I'm A COP!
Old 06-25-2009, 06:49 AM
Cloud35

Originally Posted by DanielW
The FnF references never get old....
Well the floor board might stay in if he "double clutches instead of granny shifting!"
Old 06-25-2009, 07:40 AM
tig488

Originally Posted by XKR
Measurements have already been done....we are beyond that point....It fits. Sharif and Sam planned this build for a while now. Trust me.....it was not just thrown together.
oh, i know. i was talking about the FP uprgade, they use the larger S housing where yours are the smaller B housing. dont take "small" the wrong way, small shouldnt even be mentioned in this thread.

OMG, what am i thinking. i should have never mentioned that. in 6 months you're gonna rip it all out for the larger ones.

Last edited by tig488; 06-25-2009 at 07:43 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:43 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by NoWin
Yes. But the way Smokey does his magic is not just under the hood. That car and all his others were completely balanced in all aspects. Especially his 200+ mph Supra with the V12. He does wonders to cars no one I have ever seen can do. Maybe 9ff (porsche tuner) but not many others and JUN.

Also to XKR, I might be able to grab some well japanese speakers and talk to the JUN people. They have a wealth of information on taking these cars to extremely high speeds. Just found this out earlier this week, they had a Z32 hit 260 mph. I'm sure they'd have some information on the V35/G35 that would help.

Lastly, with your gearing. With the GT35R's your car is going to make peak power at about 6k-6500 rpms maybe in the 7ks depending on the cam setup. When using the 3.3 gearing you seem to have opted for wouldn't you call it too high? If you're looking for average speeds of roughly 180-190 mph you don't need the extra low gearing as your car will not be able to reach its maximum allowed gearing speed. I'd stick to the stock FD just because it would keep the car well in the boost, but might focus more on individual gearing. Bringing the gears closer together and then reducing the FD to give the best acceleration and top speed run. Since the car is going to be run at such high rpms.

Also a little secret I learned over the years with drag racing and the Texas Mile runs. Not sure how this adapts to long high speed racing but. Have you thought about ditching the TT setup and going to a single turbo? I've learned alot about boost levels and turbocharging and have learned that in drag racing and texas mile type runs that using a very large GT47 type turbo is better because the boost level is so high (40 or so psi) instead of 2 large turbos and low boost (20-25 psi). Are you able to elaborate on why you chose the TT setup instead of the single? Is it longevity? That's all that I could assume but when you think about the older race cars that ran the LeMans series they all used the single turbo design. In fact the Porsche 917 LeMans racecar used a KKK series single turbocharger which is a Borg Warner design.

We have not decided to change any gearing as yet....that will come in testing. I drove from TX to ATL to test the car out....and I hit 180+ a few times....I recorded temps/pressure, RPM levels and so on.....The car handeled exactly the way I wanted....I could tell that to maintain those speeds, I would need a deeper motor ie: Stroker 3.9 or bigger to prevent the turbo's from doing all the work at that speed. Also.....alittle more down force in the rear would help alot....that I could feel....and Terry is on that....

There is a Shop that I know will be attending the Texas mile this year...I will join them for testing....we will know about the gear then.

I raced in many 24hour and 12 hour races reaching speeds on the back straight at over 180mph....grant it...different car.. using Twin Turbo's. Never had an issue.

The cars you speak of using the KKK series single turboes are prototype cars that way under 2500lbs with a different rev-ing motor that can compensate for potential lag.....That will not work for my setup. Remember...this car will also be driven on the street....not a full time race car.

The Silver State Classic is not an all out pedal to the metal race like drag racing....I will not be in the upper rage for long due to engine temps....which will have to be watched and bend in the road. So for the 90 miles...there will be few spots I could hit very very high speeds. Even though I will be able to rev over 7500....There will be no need in this event for that.

Having my car placed in the 150mph bracket and then hitting speeds of 200mph for a few seconds would be the plan. No need to run with the supercars....that would mean I would have to maintain speed of over 170mph....thats not my plan.

I ran the even a few years back in a Porsche TT which had nothing on this G...and the Porsche placed in the top 3 in its class..So we will see.

We will see what the wind tunnel tells us...

Thank for the input JUN and Smokey are the masters
Old 06-25-2009, 07:49 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by nelson83099
What about dotting his "I's".. good luck with the build i can't wait to see the finished product
Thanks...

To the others...James, Daniel and Cloud....very funny...LOL

Originally Posted by tig488
oh, i know. i was talking about the FP uprgade, they use the larger S housing where yours are the smaller B housing. dont take "small" the wrong way, small shouldnt even be mentioned in this thread.

OMG, what am i thinking. i should have never mentioned that. in 6 months you're gonna rip it all out for the larger ones.
I will be using the T25 Flange....not the T3 flange. As far as ripping things out....There is nothing else I can do to this car and keep it streetable.....My new plans are with another car for FP to work on. Thats another thread

Last edited by XKR; 06-25-2009 at 07:57 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:28 AM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

so 1000whp daily driver and a high whp GTR for fun trips?
Old 06-25-2009, 09:50 AM
XKR

so 1000whp daily driver and a high whp GTR for fun trips?
Old 06-25-2009, 11:59 AM
GreenGoblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I guess you got to drive Sharif's GTR now its a must have for the stable
Old 06-25-2009, 12:24 PM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Originally Posted by GreenGoblin
Well most people try to "keep up with the Joneses". . . Mike is the Joneses lol. Look forward to hearing about the new ride Mike. I will be at Forged at some point between the 1st and 17th. I wanna check out your new work lol.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:16 PM
XKR

...One of the dealers gave me one for a week....The only problem I had with it is the paddle shifters...Got to have that 3rd pedal

If they had come out with a 6 or 7 speed manual....I would have been the first to have one......But Sharif will sign a contract with me that states of within 2 years Nissan comes out with a manual trans....he will buy the car from me

Well most people try to "keep up with the Joneses". . . Mike is the Joneses lol. Look forward to hearing about the new ride Mike. I will be at Forged at some point between the 1st and 17th. I wanna check out your new work lol.
I am flying in the weekend after next.....I might see you than
Old 06-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

I thought it would only be a matter of time
Old 06-25-2009, 04:30 PM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by XKR
...One of the dealers gave me one for a week....The only problem I had with it is the paddle shifters...Got to have that 3rd pedal

If they had come out with a 6 or 7 speed manual....I would have been the first to have one......But Sharif will sign a contract with me that states of within 2 years Nissan comes out with a manual trans....he will buy the car from me
That's a great memory of the airstrip captured right there. Delay for rain,.. no problem,... Sharif simply promises XKR a refund on his GTR if a third pedal comes later. That's what this community is all about

Mike, I call Shotgun in the new ride next year. We need to plan ahead for the new addition to the family because we will also need help with the extra "cones" to protect enough parking for all the Forged Performance cars next year,... especially if your bringing two in 2010.

Maybe we should just rent a cabin with closer parking to the front lines and call it a day ?
Old 06-25-2009, 04:40 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by ToastZ
That's a great memory of the airstrip captured right there. Delay for rain,.. no problem,... Sharif simply promises XKR a refund on his GTR if a third pedal comes later. That's what this community is all about

Mike, I call Shotgun in the new ride next year. We need to plan ahead for the new addition to the family because we will also need help with the extra "cones" to protect enough parking for all the Forged Performance cars next year,... especially if your bringing two in 2010.

Maybe we should just rent a cabin with closer parking to the front lines and call it a day ?
For sure Paul for sure........

Sharif just told me about the extras that Sam/GTM has done on the Turbo's and Motor at no extra charge.....If it were not for Sam and Sharif coming together to do this mega build.....I would not even think of doing something like this....

Thanks Sam/GTM

Last edited by XKR; 06-25-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by ToastZ

The offer still stands Mike. My contact at Nissan has a 2010 with your name on it.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Come down...Marietta's Diner is on me.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:11 PM
RED RIDER

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

XKR if you're doing the NORC, you should also consider the BBORR in West Texas..had a blast this past April..my rookie year was last year..loads of Fun!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/feuKrT_Z6Kg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/feuKrT_Z6Kg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 06-26-2009, 03:35 AM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Come down...Marietta's Diner is on me.
Sounds good Sharif.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:36 AM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Originally Posted by XKR
I am flying in the weekend after next.....I might see you than
Just let me know and we may can grab lunch on Sharif or something.

Quick Reply: XKR Super G... Going for Mach 1