Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

XKR Super G... Going for Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 09:01 PM
tgunsg35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow can't wait to see the finish product. This project is turning out to the epic of all G35s'. I hope it perform every bit that you will need for your high speed race.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love this thread!!! It makes me soo jealous though
Old 06-23-2009, 10:51 PM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Mike is gonna slam his computer down and blow out his floor board at next year's event.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Originally Posted by jumpin800agl
Mike is gonna slam his computer down and blow out his floor board at next year's event.
Warning Danger to manifold
Old 06-24-2009, 07:04 AM
*Boose*

I'd like to add some info on what I understand and know about 350Z's and aerodynamics.

Basically what I would do since money is what seems like not much of an issue, there are many kits for the Z that you can simulate onto your G35. Kits like aforementioned the Top Secret, Amuse, and also Veilside. Veilside and Top Secret both have their own in house wind tunnels. So I'm sure the products they use may look flashy but propose definite performance gains.

For your G35 what you are looking for is a similar kit to the Amuse for the 350Z. That kit's rear diffuser keep the exhaust wrapped in between the rear bumper and diffuser giving that air flow needed for top speed runs. Also the exhaust would not need to be rerouted since it does not interrupt the air flowing out the rear. What you do need to worry about is the underpanel and since no one makes one you're in a bind. All you can do is look at the Super Cars and hope to understand their purpose and functions.

Now most supercars actually from the older days. Talking with the Mclaren F1, Ferrari F40 and such. The really much faster cars. Used aluminum under panels which can be found alot cheaper to fabricate. Also these components were held together doing 240+ mph speed runs on the F1 numerous amounts of times.

Also the spoiler used on Smokey Nagata's Skyline V35/G35 did actually create a venturi effect. He showcased that car alot on Best Motoring's Hot Version I believe is the name. Also you can research other ideas using Best Motoring. Another excellent idea is to focus on the GT500 cars. They use excellent parts.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:24 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by NoWin
I'd like to add some info on what I understand and know about 350Z's and aerodynamics.

Basically what I would do since money is what seems like not much of an issue, there are many kits for the Z that you can simulate onto your G35. Kits like aforementioned the Top Secret, Amuse, and also Veilside. Veilside and Top Secret both have their own in house wind tunnels. So I'm sure the products they use may look flashy but propose definite performance gains.

For your G35 what you are looking for is a similar kit to the Amuse for the 350Z. That kit's rear diffuser keep the exhaust wrapped in between the rear bumper and diffuser giving that air flow needed for top speed runs. Also the exhaust would not need to be rerouted since it does not interrupt the air flowing out the rear. What you do need to worry about is the underpanel and since no one makes one you're in a bind. All you can do is look at the Super Cars and hope to understand their purpose and functions.

Now most supercars actually from the older days. Talking with the Mclaren F1, Ferrari F40 and such. The really much faster cars. Used aluminum under panels which can be found alot cheaper to fabricate. Also these components were held together doing 240+ mph speed runs on the F1 numerous amounts of times.

Also the spoiler used on Smokey Nagata's Skyline V35/G35 did actually create a venturi effect. He showcased that car alot on Best Motoring's Hot Version I believe is the name. Also you can research other ideas using Best Motoring. Another excellent idea is to focus on the GT500 cars. They use excellent parts.
Thanks for the input...

I am working with another member on here ( TTg35fort/Terry/Eric) to have the rear diffuser custom made...He will post it on here when its complete. Its his design...so I dont want to take any of the credit.

Last edited by XKR; 06-24-2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:43 AM
*Boose*

Question for you though. Since in the earlier pages of the thread alot of people were saying that the G35 was not made for 200 mph runs which I do believe but neither was the Supra and that car is by far an animal. Have you ever talked to any of the Supra guys who may be able to help you? I mean those guys with similar power are seeing 200+ mph speeds in normally stock bodied Supras and the Supra has a lower CD than the G35.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:51 AM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Mold all the body panels, shave the door handles, hood latches.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:07 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by NoWin
Question for you though. Since in the earlier pages of the thread alot of people were saying that the G35 was not made for 200 mph runs which I do believe but neither was the Supra and that car is by far an animal. Have you ever talked to any of the Supra guys who may be able to help you? I mean those guys with similar power are seeing 200+ mph speeds in normally stock bodied Supras and the Supra has a lower CD than the G35.
You are from Japan...so i am sure you know first hand that Smokey went over 200+ mph in his G35....so that alone proved them wrong

If you go to a Porsche or Ferrari meet over here and tell them that my G has 800+ whp....not hp....they usually laugh at me .....until i drop the hammer ...the look on their face after the azz whipping is priceless

I have ran the G over 185mph before with smaller turbo's, heavier rims not made for high speeds......so i know with this new setup and diffusers for better downforce...this will not be a problem...

The car will also be tested in a wind tunnel before this event....

I have done over 200 mph many times in another car that i own....so the feeling is not new to me....The foot print of my G will love that speed.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:24 AM
tig488

Originally Posted by XKR
Running at high speeds...fast spooling wont be a thought.
it aint about the spool, its about the FFFLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW.

they are too big for the car, (fitment, not powerwise--thats what i mean)

this is gonna be so much epicness, i cant wait.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:25 AM
GreenGoblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am can not wait to see the underbody solution that Terry has been working on.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:27 AM
tig488

i am cannot either.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:29 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by tig488
it aint about the spool, its about the FFFLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW.

they are too big for the car, (fitment, not powerwise--thats what i mean)

this is gonna be so much epicness, i cant wait.

Measurements have already been done....we are beyond that point....It fits. Sharif and Sam planned this build for a while now. Trust me.....it was not just thrown together.

Thanks for the input though....from the size of the turbo's....its easy to see why someone would think they would not fit. But the design and piping has been in the works for a while.

Originally Posted by GreenGoblin
I am can not wait to see the underbody solution that Terry has been working on.
Terry sent me some of the plans....its bad azz. He is a person that crosses his "T's".....so you know its going to be good. But man...he and I are going to get hit in the pocket for the first 2 sets.

Last edited by XKR; 06-24-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:45 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

I plan on starting the modelling in July. I'll be out in CA the entire month, so I can hook up with Eric if I need to.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:54 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR

50 ft??? I would say 100ft..... BTW.....Sam told me the "R" in GT35r stands for "Raj Killer".........I did not know that.....did you

I'm honored. I guess I better plan on going to next year's event so that you can TRY to prove it true.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:02 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XKR

ALSO...GORD....Sharif needs you to Email him the address you want him to send those items to...ASAP !!!!
I try and stay away from the internet (my wife says I have a problem) and I miss this.

The turbos look sick Mike can't wait for the ride next year at Z days
Old 06-24-2009, 07:24 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
I try and stay away from the internet (my wife says I have a problem) and I miss this.
Sometimes ths forum is overly addicting. I have the same issue.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:21 PM
Cloud35

Too much ballin in here!! For the price of this build, maybe 3 or 4 of us coulda been in the 400whp club!

Edit: Is the V35/G35 that broke 200mph the white top secret/fusion G35?

Last edited by Cloud35; 06-24-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:31 PM
*Boose*

Originally Posted by Cloud35
Too much ballin in here!! For the price of this build, maybe 3 or 4 of us coulda been in the 400whp club!

Edit: Is the V35/G35 that broke 200mph the white top secret/fusion G35?
Yes. But the way Smokey does his magic is not just under the hood. That car and all his others were completely balanced in all aspects. Especially his 200+ mph Supra with the V12. He does wonders to cars no one I have ever seen can do. Maybe 9ff (porsche tuner) but not many others and JUN.

Also to XKR, I might be able to grab some well japanese speakers and talk to the JUN people. They have a wealth of information on taking these cars to extremely high speeds. Just found this out earlier this week, they had a Z32 hit 260 mph. I'm sure they'd have some information on the V35/G35 that would help.

Lastly, with your gearing. With the GT35R's your car is going to make peak power at about 6k-6500 rpms maybe in the 7ks depending on the cam setup. When using the 3.3 gearing you seem to have opted for wouldn't you call it too high? If you're looking for average speeds of roughly 180-190 mph you don't need the extra low gearing as your car will not be able to reach its maximum allowed gearing speed. I'd stick to the stock FD just because it would keep the car well in the boost, but might focus more on individual gearing. Bringing the gears closer together and then reducing the FD to give the best acceleration and top speed run. Since the car is going to be run at such high rpms.

Also a little secret I learned over the years with drag racing and the Texas Mile runs. Not sure how this adapts to long high speed racing but. Have you thought about ditching the TT setup and going to a single turbo? I've learned alot about boost levels and turbocharging and have learned that in drag racing and texas mile type runs that using a very large GT47 type turbo is better because the boost level is so high (40 or so psi) instead of 2 large turbos and low boost (20-25 psi). Are you able to elaborate on why you chose the TT setup instead of the single? Is it longevity? That's all that I could assume but when you think about the older race cars that ran the LeMans series they all used the single turbo design. In fact the Porsche 917 LeMans racecar used a KKK series single turbocharger which is a Borg Warner design.

Last edited by *Boose*; 06-24-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:26 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you cant fit a large enough single turbo without a ton of mods.

Quick Reply: XKR Super G... Going for Mach 1