Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Experiences returning blower to vortech for rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 07:12 AM
CaneZMD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So as a followup, despite my verbal agreement before, they said it was "too far" out of warranty. Whatever... I did drive it for 3.5 years; I should have sent it back on day 1. I had to pay $369 to get the bearings and seals replaced.

The problem, though, is that Vortech gets the blower on a thursday at 10 in the morning. It sits all day thursday; Friday they are closed; No one touches it Monday; Tuesday no one touches it; Wednesday the tech looks at it but no one has time to write up a repair ticket; thursday my service writer is off so nothing gets done, Friday they are closed. So I okay the repair the following Monday morning, by thursday its not done; So here we are today starting another week, and I'm just hoping that it gets done today.

Is it too much to ask for a company to work 5 days a week? I'm not asking for 24 hr/7 days a week service, but only working 4 days a week is pretty ridiculous. If you had two weeks of work in your pipeline, would you take 3 day weekends every weekend? That's just crazy to me. With shipping, you're looking at 4 weeks minimum to get a blower back. (unless you ship overnight, or you live in Cali.)
Old 03-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No offense, but the company I work for works 4 day weeks. That is just how my company does business. Do you know if this is something Vortech has recently switched to as a cost saver due to the crap economy or has this been the norm?

Originally Posted by CaneZMD
So as a followup, despite my verbal agreement before, they said it was "too far" out of warranty. Whatever... I did drive it for 3.5 years; I should have sent it back on day 1. I had to pay $369 to get the bearings and seals replaced.

The problem, though, is that Vortech gets the blower on a thursday at 10 in the morning. It sits all day thursday; Friday they are closed; No one touches it Monday; Tuesday no one touches it; Wednesday the tech looks at it but no one has time to write up a repair ticket; thursday my service writer is off so nothing gets done, Friday they are closed. So I okay the repair the following Monday morning, by thursday its not done; So here we are today starting another week, and I'm just hoping that it gets done today.

Is it too much to ask for a company to work 5 days a week? I'm not asking for 24 hr/7 days a week service, but only working 4 days a week is pretty ridiculous. If you had two weeks of work in your pipeline, would you take 3 day weekends every weekend? That's just crazy to me. With shipping, you're looking at 4 weeks minimum to get a blower back. (unless you ship overnight, or you live in Cali.)
Old 03-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

I would say give it about 3 or 4 weeks to get it back. You should understand tho, I'm sure they have to repair many others blower a day.
(That will be great if company put me in vip):]

Be patient, you will be happy once you get it back.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:19 AM
CaneZMD

I called them today, and no one has touched it yet today either. I authorized the repair last monday.... 7 days with out one iota of work done on it. (Plus 11 days to tell me that all it needed were seals and bearings)

They've had the blower for 18 days now. How long does it take to rebuild a blower? probably like 4 hours.... That is ridiculously inefficient. 18 days and counting for 4 hours worth of work.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Car vs. Driver

Did they give you a quote on when they would have it done and shipped? If not, there isn't a whole lot you can do aside from wait. Sucks that it's taken this long though, but I agree you should've allotted a good three weeks for them to get it back to you.

I figure it this way: the longer I go between drives in the Z, the happier I am when I drive it. If I drove mine daily, I'd be upgrading for more power all over the place
Old 03-02-2009, 03:35 PM
jamie805

Well guys some of you are correct we have changed our hours due to the crappy economy. so that is the reason for the 4 day work week and in all honesty calling Vortech telling your story then coming on here and changing that story.. well im not sure how you expect us to view that.. I'm sure some of you guys on here can vouch that we have helped you out in some way or another in the past. So i read on here that it's a matter of opinion as to how Vortech is viewed for customer service and i agree.. your right, because you guys only see one side of the story on here sometimes its right and sometimes its wrong. But being that the service guys are not on here all the time to let you know the other side of the story we take the bad guy spot because you only hear one side... Yes Frank is here and i think he does a pretty good job of trying to help anyone out but Frank doesn't have to listen to any problems that come to the service dept. but 3.5 years??? I've been riding around on this flat tire for a month, how about a new rim? i don't know does it make sense to you???

Jamie- Vortech
Old 03-02-2009, 08:30 PM
UpRev
Banned

Just FYI about my earlier post, I'm not ragging on you. You were told one thing and for whatever reason they set an expectation they couldn't deliver on. That is a not great thing. Now as Jamie stated, we only hear one side of the story so I'm not sure what the total background is on the deal. But I have been a consumer my whole working life, and also done customer service and sales. I will tell you from my own experience I have pushed a bit as a consumer and bent the words a bit to get things my way. I've also taken those calls and called out consumers doing the same thing to me. So it's a give and take game, I get that and I try not to get upset personally either way.

To be fair, you knew going into it that you had a problem early on and rather than resolving the issue you were lazy for whatever reason and waited till things became a catastrophe. You admit that and honestly you don't seem perturbed too much by having to pay for the repairs. At this point you do still have the expectation of the company performing the service in a timely manner. I can agree with you 100% on that, as we also try and do things on a relatively quick basis when we can.

We however cannot tell how many times you've contacted them, or if they gave you an exact turn around on the rebuild. I can personally tell you though that in the grand scheme of things that a few days isn't the end of the world and you might have gotten a quicker turn around if you asked for it. Did you even discuss how long it would take them? Did they tell you it would be back on your door by X date? You've made a few complaints to the forum and asked the forum for their thoughts on it, and frankly none of the forum members (besides Jamie) actually work at Vortech. If you were honestly that concerned as a consumer wouldn't you call them and ask them these questions? What are a bunch of forum people going to do for you? I know that none of the people posting here have the equipment, machinery, or desire to rebuild your Vortech SC. Nor are they offering to do it for free.

If I had a product issue I would contact and discuss it with them. If I had an issue with the way I was treated, I would contact them. If they absolutely screw me over and can't make amends then I might post a thread about "my problems with XYZ company. I wouldn't ask a forum though to solve a problem they cannot solve.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:35 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
curious to know what laws that would be

i don't think anyone is burning down vortech with comments here at all...i think it sucks on how long the turn-around time is but something everyone has to deal with and thats all thats really been said about them, and there are numerous things on here about the unhelpful customer service they have, but honestly everytime ive called they have been great, its all judgement and who u get at the time u call i guess....also uprev i have tried e-mailing on ur site and still no response to any of my questions
I'll admit our info@uprev.com e-mail has been having issues as of late and I haven't been doing daily replies to it. That will be fixed starting tomorrow night when we move to a new mail server. I have the work phone on me 24/7 and you haven't called me for support or left a voicemail. I've answered you dozens on times on the forums though.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:05 AM
CaneZMD

Alright, so the mods should probably lock this thread.... Whether they do or not, this is my last post in here.

I'm not upset about paying for my blower; infact I ordered other parts in addition to my blower. (plus I bought a utec, injectors, etc.) I'm upset because it has taken, it seems to me, a pretty long time to repair this part. I will not engage in an online pissing contest with Jamie, who I spoke to about my repair. I started this thread to see if my experience was unique or just par for the course, It's turned into something else; and for that I apologize. I've had many years of good, safe boost from my Vortech; and obviously I like it enough to repair it and put it back on my car.

I just want someone to work on my blower and send it back to me; next time I'll order the rebuild kit online and do it myself.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:23 AM
jamie805

Cane,
I too am not on here to get into a typing match and I apologize for the delay in you getting your unit back. But, you have to understand that if I had 10 guys working on upgrades, repairs and exchanges.. anyone would have their unit back in 2 days tops. But, unfortunately its not that way and I have to work with what I have. Sometimes that can delay things more then we expect. We try and keep our return time as short as we can and it was averaging a week to 2 weeks tops.. But, with the loss of one of the service guys (older gentleman who wanted to retire) we had that leaves me with one guy to tear them down and rebuild them and that creates a delay. If I had it my way we would have 10 guys to do repairs but that's not the way it works nor is there a need for those 10 guys.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:42 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

nothing irritates me more when a company makes a verbal agreement then blows you off later in the process. though I agree wholeheartedly with UpRev, I don't think he was looking for a solution, just seeing if other folks had any similar experiences, venting about it etc.

I had an experience with Asus where we purchased 6 EEE PC's for our warehouse from them and their wifi adaptor was having all sorts of issues with our WAPs, the tech I talked to said they would swap them out for a different model, so I cleaned them all up perfectly, packed em up nice, next day air'ed it to them since we use them for a certain process that is pretty important..

.. only to have them lose the package. two weeks went by for them to find the damn package, and then they argued that they never made that agreement to swap the units after all that downtime for nothing. I was pretty upset with them. waste of our time :/
Old 03-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Car vs. Driver

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jamie805
Cane,
I too am not on here to get into a typing match and I apologize for the delay in you getting your unit back. But, you have to understand that if I had 10 guys working on upgrades, repairs and exchanges.. anyone would have their unit back in 2 days tops. But, unfortunately its not that way and I have to work with what I have. Sometimes that can delay things more then we expect. We try and keep our return time as short as we can and it was averaging a week to 2 weeks tops.. But, with the loss of one of the service guys (older gentleman who wanted to retire) we had that leaves me with one guy to tear them down and rebuild them and that creates a delay. If I had it my way we would have 10 guys to do repairs but that's not the way it works nor is there a need for those 10 guys.

We certainly appreciate your honesty and following up with the situation Jamie.