Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SportZ Magazine Supercharger Challenge!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 06:07 AM
buzzdsm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, I'm not slamming Chris. I'm trying to have him be realistic because you and I both know if he does the same thing he's doing now and your requirements stay the same he won't come close.

Well what percentage of the people that are on this site on a regular basis have seen this post? I'd say that most people have seen it considering it has over 2000 views and is posted at the top. I'm just trying to be realistic. Maybe my numbers are off but it looks like he is at less then 5% of your goal. Maybe he'll come up with some grand marketing plan that makes everyone on the web want your magazine but until I see that plan, I don't think the numbers jive.

Of course you think it's a good thing. At this rate when do you expect Chris will hit that goal?. I know it's none of my business and you won't tell me but I'd like to know how many subscribers you have today.

Last edited by buzzdsm; 10-12-2003 at 06:19 AM.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:21 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could be wrong, but I don't think buzzdsm was being negative towards Chris at all. Any negativity in his post was probably directed towards the obscene goal that Chris has to reach.

I don't think anyone feels any glimmer of negativity towards Chris. Maybe at the beginning, when the challenge was first created (but before the goal establilshed), some people might have been a bit jealous, wondering "Hey, why not me?". But once the goal was set, I think most people felt like buzzdsm.

As I have stated before quite a few times, if you would've separated the growth goals you have for the magazine from the challenge, and created a more realistic goal for Chris to reach, you might have been able to keep the challenge as something to truly push any fence sitters towards subscribing.

With a goal of $64,400.00, I don't think many people are going to subscribe to the magazine, with the thought that their $19 is really going to make a difference in Chris reaching his goal. The challenge isn't apart of their decision now - it's all whether they want to check out the magazine or not.

Same goes for the larger magazine that all us subscribers can enjoy if Chris meets the challenge. I think someone would be foolish to subscribe based on this.

As it stands right now, Chris's success or failure in the challenge is in your hands, not mine, not Chris's, not buzzdsm's. If Chris does anything more then he has done already to assist you in obtaining subscriptions, I think he should be put on the payroll. And you might as well add his salary onto the $64,400.00 goal - it's all pie in the sky anyway.

Of course, without any end date set for the challenge, one can assume that at some future date, the goal possibly will be met. I'm trying to decide how many renewals I will have to make tosee it happen.

No negativity in my post. Just honest feelings.
Old 10-13-2003, 05:47 AM
buzzdsm

Thanks Scafremon
Old 10-14-2003, 06:08 AM
ChrisMCagle

Smile Achieving goals

Originally posted by Scafremon
Thanks for your honesty, Jeff. I am well aware of the goal that I am striving to reach. There is only so much that I can do to make the Challenge known and after that, I must rely on people to subscribe. There is nothing (that I am aware of at this point) that I can do to make that any easier/quicker to do. I have done several things in my area (and a little outside my area) to spread the word about the Challenge and really, that's all I can do. I'm not going to let up or stop just because there is quite a long way to go.

I have to try. :-)

-Chrismcagle

Last edited by ChrisMCagle; 10-15-2003 at 05:38 AM.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:57 PM
buzzdsm

Rudy!Rudy!Rudy!
Old 10-15-2003, 05:36 AM
ChrisMCagle

Question Ummmmmm......

Originally posted by buzzdsm
Rudy!Rudy!Rudy!
Rudy???

-Chrismcagle
Old 10-15-2003, 09:18 AM
Rxramon
Charter Member #45

Hey theres a SCAF sighting.... BTW this GUY is a 350Z online legend! There needs to be a write up in SportZ about how SCAF was the biggest 350z spy in the nation. Im sure the networks have bought the rights to the made for TV movie about him.....

All i can say is ...... More 350, More 350, More 350... Chris you have my support

RUDY - RUDY - RUDY
NotreDame - the movie - the little dude who played football.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:47 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by Rxramon
Hey theres a SCAF sighting.... BTW this GUY is a 350Z online legend! There needs to be a write up in SportZ about how SCAF was the biggest 350z spy in the nation.

Robert Speaking: Is SCAF a reference to Scafremon?

All i can say is ...... More 350, More 350, More 350...

Robert speaking: We have a surprise waiting for y'all in the Winter 2003 issue of Sport Z Magazine. Nay-sayers are likely to remain nay-sayers, but that's OK.

Chris you have my support.

Robert speaking: See how easy that was!

RUDY - RUDY - RUDY
NotreDame - the movie - the little dude who played football. [
Go Chris...

Bob
Old 10-16-2003, 07:58 AM
ChrisMCagle

Default Thanks!

Originally posted by Rxramon
All i can say is ...... More 350, More 350, More 350... Chris you have my support
Rxramon,

Thank you for your support. Make sure to mention the Supercharger Challenge when you subscribe. :-)

RUDY - RUDY - RUDY
NotreDame - the movie - the little dude who played football.
Ahhhhh... ok, that why I didn't know what "Rudy" meant. I don't follow football.

-Chrismcagle
Old 10-16-2003, 03:35 PM
Z350Maniac

I could be wrong, but I don't think buzzdsm was being negative towards Chris at all. Any negativity in his post was probably directed towards the obscene goal that Chris has to reach.

I don't think anyone feels any glimmer of negativity towards Chris. Maybe at the beginning, when the challenge was first created (but before the goal establilshed), some people might have been a bit jealous, wondering "Hey, why not me?". But once the goal was set, I think most people felt like buzzdsm.

As I have stated before quite a few times, if you would've separated the growth goals you have for the magazine from the challenge, and created a more realistic goal for Chris to reach, you might have been able to keep the challenge as something to truly push any fence sitters towards subscribing.

With a goal of $64,400.00, I don't think many people are going to subscribe to the magazine, with the thought that their $19 is really going to make a difference in Chris reaching his goal. The challenge isn't apart of their decision now - it's all whether they want to check out the magazine or not.

Same goes for the larger magazine that all us subscribers can enjoy if Chris meets the challenge. I think someone would be foolish to subscribe based on this.

As it stands right now, Chris's success or failure in the challenge is in your hands, not mine, not Chris's, not buzzdsm's. If Chris does anything more then he has done already to assist you in obtaining subscriptions, I think he should be put on the payroll. And you might as well add his salary onto the $64,400.00 goal - it's all pie in the sky anyway.

Of course, without any end date set for the challenge, one can assume that at some future date, the goal possibly will be met. I'm trying to decide how many renewals I will have to make tosee it happen.

A challenge is a challenge none the less. They could have easily told Chris to 'eff' off and there's nothing they could do for him, but instead they realistically sat down and talked business with him. They put the numbers down and simply said that he needed 'this' in order for them to get him 'that'. Instead of stringing him along and/or lying to him they told him straight up. I don't know about you guys, but I'd like the chance to snag a free S/C at the expense of someone else. That's more than a few other high end companies would be willing to do. If I wasn't the poor college student with a fiance, toppled with the impending doom of buying a house, paying off a car and paying insurance (which is INSANE... right now... effing cops and their stupid tickets...) on said vehicle I would have NO problem sliding Bob my subscription for 5 years as well. Their coverage on the exhaust shootout was stellar and so complete that the arguing over them on this forum has COMPLETELY died out. Props to EVERYONE involved in this endeavor and I wish you ALL the luck and send all the moral support I can. I wish I could do more with the financial part of this challenge but my fiance will kill me in my sleep or worse yet, set the car on fire...

GOOD LUCK and KEEP THE FAITH!
Old 10-16-2003, 04:30 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default Finally, someone got it -- Thank you...

Originally posted by Z350Maniac
A challenge is a challenge none the less. They could have easily told Chris to 'eff' off and there's nothing they could do for him, but instead they realistically sat down and talked business with him. They put the numbers down and simply said that he needed 'this' in order for them to get him 'that'. Instead of stringing him along and/or lying to him they told him straight up. I don't know about you guys, but I'd like the chance to snag a free S/C at the expense of someone else. That's more than a few other high end companies would be willing to do. If I wasn't the poor college student with a fiance, toppled with the impending doom of buying a house, paying off a car and paying insurance (which is INSANE... right now... effing cops and their stupid tickets...) on said vehicle I would have NO problem sliding Bob my subscription for 5 years as well. Their coverage on the exhaust shootout was stellar and so complete that the arguing over them on this forum has COMPLETELY died out. Props to EVERYONE involved in this endeavor and I wish you ALL the luck and send all the moral support I can. I wish I could do more with the financial part of this challenge but my fiance will kill me in my sleep or worse yet, set the car on fire...

GOOD LUCK and KEEP THE FAITH!
YOU GOT IT and I thank you for your words of explanation. This was not to be rocket science, it was a challenge -- a simple challenge with a big prize if met. I put the challenge to Chris and he accepted it. I then fine-tuned it to make the challenge more reasonable and did everything I could to help him on his way. The nay-sayers kept beating on us but we're still here and Chris is still determined to give his all. From what I've learned of Chris in our short relationship is simply this: He will not be discouraged by the negative press; he'll only become more resolute.

Z350Maniac, I'm guessing that your words mean a lot to Chris, they sure mean a great deal to me.

Some would argue that I should offer the SC to Chris for simply trying. Well, the Cubs tried to get to the World Series this year, but didn't make it. Should they be offered the trophy for trying? -- I think not.

Bob
Old 10-16-2003, 04:54 PM
ChrisMCagle

Talking Thanks!

Originally posted by Z350Maniac
A challenge is a challenge none the less....
Z350Maniac,

Thank you for the support and for hitting the nail on the head. You have a complete understanding of this challenge. I'm sorry to hear about your financial trouble, but I tell you what. When you get all that stuff paid off and I have won the challenge, you will get a lot more for your money because Sport Z Magazine will be a lot thicker and have a lot more 350Z coverage thanks to the support of all those who want this to happen!!

-Chrismcagle
Old 10-16-2003, 07:14 PM
Z350Maniac

no problem bud and now that I know this is going down, you betta believe I will be spreading the info to every Z I see. I go to the local track here often and there's always 3-4 Z's running (mostly the same guys, but they don't hit up the internet too often.) Best of luck and hopefully I can find a way of sneaking $40 out of the clutches...err.. ... free up some money to snag a subscription for a few years.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:02 PM
Scafremon

How about an update on the Tote board?
Old 10-22-2003, 05:25 AM
ChrisMCagle

Default New numbers

How about an update on the Tote board?
As soon as I get the new numbers, I will get it updated.

-Chrismcagle
Old 10-22-2003, 07:20 AM
RAZSZM

Hey Chris, Bob is out of town.
Does he just email you the new numbers directly?
If so, I can get the numbers and send them to you by pm.
Old 10-24-2003, 05:54 AM
ChrisMCagle

Art,

Thanks for the info. I'll get the tote board updated ASAP.

-Chrismcagle
Old 11-01-2003, 08:29 AM
Scafremon

It's been 4 weeks since we got an update.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:48 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Check the www Chris designed.

Bob
Old 11-01-2003, 11:58 AM
ChrisMCagle

Default Updated

The new total is on the Supercharger Challenge website.

I'm up to $1,676.05 now.

-Chrismcagle

P.S. Jeff, are you going to the SoCal run that Sam is organizing?

Quick Reply: SportZ Magazine Supercharger Challenge!