Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

FORGED PERFORMANCE 2009 2nd Annual Top Dawg Airstrip Event!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 06:18 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XKR
YEAH !!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN SHARIF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good idea James !!!
Lemme see what I can do. What kind of fuel? C16 levels of octane. I assume?
Old 04-23-2009, 07:45 AM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just buy av gas... lol 100LL octane
Old 04-23-2009, 12:03 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by D350Z10
I will tell ya right now, I doubt I will lose from a 40mph roll this year.

I will be racing on two settings that day:
12psi 465 rwhp
16psi 550 rwhp

Ill let you chose the one you wish to lose to
Oh really? Ha ha. I might lose but not at those power levels. Not to a 6MT
Old 04-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MI 35th
Just buy av gas... lol 100LL octane
I was at my local podunk Sunoco station and saw they converted the kerosene pump to GT100, but $6.25/gal seems a bit excessive - is that normal?

BTW - if all my vendors come through next week, I will pay and add myself to the list. Still trying to make this event .
Old 04-23-2009, 02:18 PM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by rcdash
Oh really? Ha ha. I might lose but not at those power levels. Not to a 6MT
Hey Raj, do you have an aftermarket tq converter in your car ?

What rpm are you ~30mph when you launch ?

Sharif just drove my car last week and has yours at his shop now. Unfortunately he has all the info I am about to send him an email and bribe him first, lol.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:26 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Lemme see what I can do. What kind of fuel? C16 levels of octane. I assume?

YES !!! C16.....Remember...Its not my motor or Turbo's anymore !! SO I am not taking any chances

Last edited by XKR; 04-24-2009 at 06:10 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:28 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Cass007
I was at my local podunk Sunoco station and saw they converted the kerosene pump to GT100, but $6.25/gal seems a bit excessive - is that normal?

BTW - if all my vendors come through next week, I will pay and add myself to the list. Still trying to make this event .
Last time I filled up with 100 ( a few months ago ) I paid $7.95/gal.

Sounds cheap to me actually

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 04-23-2009, 02:56 PM
rcdash

Originally Posted by ToastZ
Hey Raj, do you have an aftermarket tq converter in your car ?

What rpm are you ~30mph when you launch ?

Sharif just drove my car last week and has yours at his shop now. Unfortunately he has all the info I am about to send him an email and bribe him first, lol.
Yes, I've tried two now. The one I have now (~3100 rpms) is actually a slightly lower stall than my original GTM one (~3500 rpms). It won't be any slower though from a rolll... read on.

At 30 mph, I'd be at... whatever value I set for the Haltech aux rev limiter !!! I finally gotten around to implementing Haltech launch control for the 5AT. It's not installed in my car currently as I was having a problem, but I found the wiring fault. No rocket science, just a nice fast reed relay that activates the aux rev limiter at the same time it transfers the brake stop switch output so that it removes the input to the ECU and can be used to release the aux rev limiter at the same time. Bottom line, you activate the launch control switch, depress the brake and floor the throttle. RPMs sit wherever you specified (say 4k rpms). When you release the brake, the rev limiter also releases. I need my car back to practice!!!

Last edited by rcdash; 04-23-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:10 PM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Yes, I've tried two now. The one I have now (~3100 rpms) is actually a slightly lower stall than my original GTM one (~3500 rpms). It won't be any slower though from a rolll... read on.

At 30 mph, I'd be at... whatever value I set for the Haltech aux rev limiter !!! I finally gotten around to implementing Haltech launch control for the 5AT. It's not installed in my car currently as I was having a problem, but I found the wiring fault. No rocket science, just a nice fast reed relay that activates the aux rev limiter at the same time it transfers the brake stop switch output so that it removes the input to the ECU and can be used to release the aux rev limiter at the same time. Bottom line, you activate the launch control switch, depress the brake and floor the throttle. RPMs sit wherever you specified (say 4k rpms). When you release the brake, the rev limiter also releases. I need my car back to practice!!!
everyone better hope Sharif keeps the car until zdayz.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by George@GTM
Last time I filled up with 100 ( a few months ago ) I paid $7.95/gal.

Sounds cheap to me actually

-George
GT Motorsports
Sweet - Thanks George, now I feel like I'm getting a bargin too.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:30 PM
ToastZ

Awesome. Sounds like a monster. I tried to do recon on your car last weekend but I was distracted by the engine building leprachaun which lives in the shed/pod I will report back when I return from open house on May 2nd

Sharif, After reading what dash is bringing to the party,... I'm still coming over but my car stays in the parking lot. I'm driving your GTR after reading all this fancy auto launch magic stuff. You can ride in the flying lawnmower and document all the fun from above,...
Old 04-23-2009, 05:23 PM
coachk
Banned

My moneys on Raj....The 5AT will reign supreme again, even against Sharifs GTR, unless Sharif sabotages Rajs car by having Scott come and work on it.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:34 PM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by coachk
My moneys on Raj....The 5AT will reign supreme again, even against Sharifs GTR, unless Sharif sabotages Rajs car by having Scott come and work on it.

Caesar would never allow Scott in thru the front door or the side gate. That's what is so funny about Forged Performance that people have yet to realize,.... You are only accepted as a customer if you make it past Caesar,... LOL at Caesar chasing Scott out the front door back towards I-75.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:08 PM
rcdash

I am actually going to tighten up my oil filter by hand before we run this time.

By the way I hear race fuel will NOT be available. Which suits me just fine. You shouldn't be pushing that motor and turbo at high boost anyway Mike. No worries, I'm sure you'll do fine at 15 psi.

Coach, come on up for a few days. This event is thrilling. You will love it.

Last edited by rcdash; 04-23-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:47 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

What Raj doesn't know, is that I installed a poison pill in his tune. It's wirelessly activiated by my iPhone. If Raj pulls, away from me...I hit one button and the "misfire routine" kicks in. Oh, I also have some quick release intercooler couplers, that I can activate as well...stops him dead in his tracks. I have a lot of tricks up my sleeves, fellas. Godzilla is hard to beat!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:01 PM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
What Raj doesn't know, is that I installed a poison pill in his tune. It's wirelessly activiated by my iPhone. If Raj pulls, away from me...I hit one button and the "misfire routine" kicks in. Oh, I also have some quick release intercooler couplers, that I can activate as well...stops him dead in his tracks. I have a lot of tricks up my sleeves, fellas. Godzilla is hard to beat!
"Quick release intercooler couplers",...

Raj, its worse than I originally thought. The only one we can trust now is Caesar, lets bribe Caesar and steal that cobb access thing that makes the GTR go fast, then we have a chance. Sharif will stop at nothing to win, no one is safe, lol.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:19 PM
rcdash

I don't know. Ceasar kicked my boy in the nutz. I was negotiating my invoice at the time with Sharif. Couldn't have been a coincidence. I think Sharif has control over him too.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:36 PM
thom000001

Round here 100oct is about $6.25

sad part is I got 110leaded 2 weeks ago at the pump (3 stations that have it round here) for $5.99/gal

tom

Originally Posted by Cass007

Old 04-23-2009, 07:48 PM
wannabuy350z

god I wish you guys were closer.....

COME ON CALI, WE CAN DO THIS HERE TOO!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:52 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by wannabuy350z
god I wish you guys were closer.....

COME ON CALI, WE CAN DO THIS HERE TOO!!!!!!
Stop being such a slacker....only 7100 miles and the Atlanta Ocean seperate us. Come on down!

Quick Reply: FORGED PERFORMANCE 2009 2nd Annual Top Dawg Airstrip Event!!!