Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

****** TTG35forT - Rev 2.0 ******

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 12:43 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ****** TTG35forT - Rev 2.0 ******

Significant changes are in progress to my build... I'm still hoping to make Z-days.

GTM 4.0L Stroker Short Block

GTM Stage 3 Twin Turbo Kit with 0.64 A/R

I want to extend a big, big THANK YOU to Sam at GTM for striving to help me make Z-Days and the guys at Japtrix for all the work they have coming down the pipe, which I know they will come through.

Also, we are adding alot of nice engine bay dress-up.

Some other minor changes from my previous build, latest version here at post # 147 https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...der-way-8.html:

Arizen Racing Seats with factory Willow leather (Recarro fell through on being able to do the custom seats).

Although we never got a chance to bring the meth on line, this time it will be installed using direct port injection.

I have purchased from Eric (EricisKlumzyee) a TS style rear diffuser and a CS style rear bumper. He should be test fitting them soon on his G, if he has not done so already.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 04-24-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:32 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Grrrreat looking build. I want to see it at the airstrip!!! 4.0L w/ GT30s. I'm not calling you out - you can come beat up on XKR and Alberto.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Its official.... I hate you . Looking forward to seeing you at ZdayZ if we can both make it.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:00 PM
IslandZavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats,, Damn thats gonna be a sweet setup... Thnkx again for the hook-up too... See you on the track...
Old 04-24-2009, 10:10 PM
JETPILOT

GTM to the rescue! Good to see your project will be moving along again after alot of nothing.

We will have to get out on the track and get fast and furious.... see who sets the better lap time.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:08 AM
captj3

Congrats Terry on the new set up. I look foward to seeing the car at Japrtrix. When will they be getting it?
Old 04-25-2009, 05:13 AM
GreenGoblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Terry you are crazy, curious what happened to the block that you just had machined?
Old 04-25-2009, 07:20 AM
XKR

Congrats Terry........Hurry and post pic of Eric's Defuser setup...
Old 04-25-2009, 07:32 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by captj3
Congrats Terry on the new set up. I look foward to seeing the car at Japrtrix. When will they be getting it?
Hopefully within a couple of weeks.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:48 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by GreenGoblin
Terry you are crazy, curious what happened to the block that you just had machined?
Long story short, Larry has been so swamped that he just got to my motor to check it out about a week or two ago. When I had fuel pickup issues on the track, I leaned out the motor too much and my piston to cylinder wall clearances are off. Since it already has a 0.020" overboar, that means I now need to go with a 0.040" overboar, which means custom pistons. Since we already need custom pistons, we talked about stroking the motor. All this means a much longer wait. On Thursday morning my wife over heard me talking to Larry about how much longer it might be - then she tore into my @ss. For the last 5 months we have been sharing her car, and she has been dropping me off and picking me up from the office everyday. She made it abundantly clear that she is getting a little tired of it.

So, I put in a call to Sam, and the new motor will be here soon. (I just need to coordinate making the purchase through my firm so that my wife does not get wind of how much money I am spending - I know, I am damned if I do and damned if I don't )

I'm still going to have Larry finish up my other motor down the road sometime so that I have a backup. Once it's complete, I'll leave it at Japtrix. That way, next time something happens, it's a two-day job to get me back up and running.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:58 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by XKR
Congrats Terry........Hurry and post pic of Eric's Defuser setup...
I cannot seem to get hold of Eric. I called him once two weeks ago and sent him a PM. Last week I called him twice and sent him another PM. There has been no response. I'm starting to get a little concerned (I paid for everything up front, including shipping, when I placed the order).

EricisKlumzyee, if you come accross this, please PM me, call me, or something, just to let me know where the project stands and any issues that have come up with it, if any.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:41 AM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
I cannot seem to get hold of Eric. I called him once two weeks ago and sent him a PM. Last week I called him twice and sent him another PM. There has been no response. I'm starting to get a little concerned (I paid for everything up front, including shipping, when I placed the order).

EricisKlumzyee, if you come accross this, please PM me, call me, or something, just to let me know where the project stands and any issues that have come up with it, if any.
I think he is on g35driver more than here.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:03 AM
escobar929

damn, sorry to hear bout troubles w/ eric. he's an awesome guy, im sure he's just busy

but the G is gonna be sick, cant wait to see it done
Old 04-25-2009, 09:29 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by ttg35fort

He is just slow about getting it done....you will be fine....I just need to see if its going to work and if not...there will be time to try something else !!!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 09:53 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by XKR
He is just slow about getting it done....you will be fine....I just need to see if its going to work and if not...there will be time to try something else !!!!!
I think the worst case scenario is a modified version of the CS bumper, which Eric said could be done if need be. Unfortunately, that would mean that I would need to buy another bumper and find a buyer for mine.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:08 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by escobar929
damn, sorry to hear bout troubles w/ eric. he's an awesome guy, im sure he's just busy

but the G is gonna be sick, cant wait to see it done
Eric has ALWAYS been awsome to work with. At this point, I wouldn't call them troubles, just communication difficulties. I bought my rear bumper from him and the entire transaction went without a hitch.

This time, we anticipated there might be a fitment issue because the rear diffuser is designed to fit a stock bumper but we want to use it with a CS style rear bumper. That is why Eric is test fitting everything for us. Perhaps he has been delayed in being able to do the test fit and is waiting to get back to me until then. I don't know. I left another voice message for him this morning.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:58 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by rcdash
Grrrreat looking build. I want to see it at the airstrip!!! 4.0L w/ GT30s. I'm not calling you out - you can come beat up on XKR and Alberto.
I have zero experience drag racing, so regardless of the build, I wouldn't expect to beat these guys my first time out. But, at least for now, for me it's all in the fun of participating, not whether I win or lose.

Maybe Alberto will be kind enough to teach me a thing or two about his shifting method.

I'm going to bring WOT shifting on line again, but not until I have tested, tested and re-tested at low RPMs. Since I have a new F-CON going in, I don't want the same thing to happen to me as last time. If I damage this motor, I better not come home; my wife might pull a Lorena Bobbit on me. That might not be problem though; Roger will be so pissed he'll probably leave my @ss there anyway. My broken down car at the ariport will become my new home. If they have Wi-Fi, it will also be my new office. To be on the safe side, I better start preparing to take the North Caroline bar exam.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 04-25-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:58 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Here is a complete listing of Rev. 2.0 of my build:

UPDATE 4/30/14

GTM VQ35DE Short Block Stroked to 4.0 L - Custom Flat Decked Block
-ARP Main Studs and Rod Bolts
-Ceramic Coated Piston Tops with Graphite Coated Side Skirts (Wiseco pistons)
-GTM Coating on all bearings
-GTM Billet 4140 Girdle and Main Caps
GTM Stage 3 Twin Turbo System (0.64 A/R) - (To be changed to 0.86 A/R turbine housings soon, the 0.64 A/R housings create too much back pressure with the combination of the 4.0L motor and high duration cams. See post #257)
-Ceramic Coating applied by Fuzion to Exhaust Manifolds and Turbine Housings.
(NOTE - Ceramic coating on the OUTSIDE of the turbine housings is good as a thermal insulator, but don't ever coat the INSIDE of the turbine housings. I did and it may have been a mistake. My turbine blades MAY be scraping against the ceramic coating based on an issue we discovered on the dyno after a number of high boost pulls. We will be dropping the turbos to inspect them. I'll update after the inspection. See post #257)
GTM 3" Downpipes
Greddy Evo TT Exhaust System (This is going to be changed out for a custom full 3" exhaust system. See post #257)
Heads Match Ported/Polished, Ceramic Coating on Combustion Chambers and Intake and Exhaust ports
Ferrea Valves, Stock Diameter, Ceramic Coated
JWT C8 Cams
JWT Springs
HR Headgaskets with JWT Cooling Mod
ARP L19 head studs
HKS 1000 cc Low Impedance Fuel Injectors (Custom machined by Forged Performance)
HKS Twin Power DLI II Ignition System
Cosworth Intake Plenum
Custom Fuel Return System with External Surge Tank.
-Aeromotive In-Tank Fuel Pump and SX In-Line Fuel Pump between the Surge Tank and Fuel Rails.
54mm Koyo Radiator
Spal Radiator Fans
Nismo Low Temp Thermostat
Nismo Rear Diff Cover/Cooler
Custom Twin Oil Coolers
PCV Catch Can
HKS Twin Power DLI II Ignition System
HKS F-Con V Pro EMS
HKS F-CON Navigator
HKS A/F Knock Amplifier
HKS EVC Boost Controller
HKS Turbo Timer Type-1
Various HKS Sensors
Driveshaft Shop Level 2 Axles
Carbonetics Tripple Disc Clutch
RJM Clutch Pedal Assembly
Techna SS Clutch Line
Wilwood Brakes
Tein Flex Coilovers
Tein EFDC System
Stillen Sway Bars
Greddy Front Strut Tower Brace
GT Spec Rear Tie Brace
GT Spec Front Lower Tie Brace
GT Spec Rear Lateral Arm Brace
Custom Front Seats
Seibon TS Carbon Fiber Hood
Kuruma Z Front Bumper
Greddy side skirts
TS Style Rear Bumper
Mercury Silver Volk GT-S Wheels 19x9.5 Front, 19x10.5 Rear

Currently Not Installed
Rear Differential Brace - Ordered
APR GTC-300 Adjustable Wing (I'll only put it on for track days)
GT Spec 4 Point Mid Chassis Reinforcement Brace (it scrapes on speed bumps. I'll only put it on for track days).
Rear Strut Tower Brace (installing it looks like it is going to be a b!tch).
Coolingmist H2O/Meth System
Coolingmist Meth/Water Pump
Coolingmist 1.5 Ga. Trunk Mount Tank
Coolingmist Smart Injection Controller
Coolingmist Vari Cool Controller
2 x Coolingmist Super High Speed Valves (S-HSVs)
2 x 10 GPH Meth/Water Injectors

Last edited by ttg35fort; 06-12-2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:27 PM
IslandZavage

Thumbs up

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ (Need i say more)..
Old 04-25-2009, 02:00 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

OMG

If that list gets any longer your going to have to start paying your paralegal to type it up for you.

Last edited by Cass007; 04-25-2009 at 02:02 PM.

Quick Reply: ****** TTG35forT - Rev 2.0 ******