Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SSR Engineering TT Kit!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 01:17 AM
SSR Engineering

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SSR Engineering TT Kit!

Hey everybody,
It seems there is alot of turbo talk on this board and alot of people seem to be interested in pursuing an aftermarket means of forced induction. We are looking to develop a twin turbo system for the Z using the best materials/components possible with a price that doesen't break the bank. Along with a full 1-year warranty on all of our parts.
-SS304 Polished Equal Length Manifolds
-SS304 2.5'' downpipes
-Twin Garret Turbos
-Internal or Dual Tial 35mm External W/G's
-Re-Programmed ECU
-Injectors
-HKS BOV

The list goes on for days, but the thing is we need a local car in Southern California to work off of. If you are unfamiliar with our work check out my website for pics and information on what we do and who we are.

Basically the turbo car will get numerous benefits but will have to leave the car with us for 6-8 weeks. If you are interested in pursuing this deal feel free to PM me.

Last edited by SSR Engineering; 09-30-2003 at 01:22 AM.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:58 AM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

Around what would it cost the person who is lending you their vehicle?
Old 09-30-2003, 09:00 AM
SSR Engineering

The donor car saves around $1500-2000 because we waive all the tuning / installation and then future sponsorship fees.

The cost price is confidential but if you are intrested please feel free to e-mail us at sales@ssr-engineering.com
Old 09-30-2003, 10:50 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Just be careful loaning your Z, several people have attempted to design TT kits and have damaged a text car. I think it is wise that everyone involved knows the liabilities of each party before it happens.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:50 AM
Alang

I'll ask the quesiton now, cuz its bound to come up sooner or later. Will you be going for CARB certification? It a must have for a lot of us with daily drivers.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:52 AM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by Alang
I'll ask the quesiton now, cuz its bound to come up sooner or later. Will you be going for CARB certification? It a must have for a lot of us with daily drivers.
With today's standards on CALI cars i doubt even the Greddy kit will be carb exempt. I may be wrong though, but no we aren't going to be CARB exempt. It's simply to much money to justify on one state.
Old 09-30-2003, 11:19 AM
ZZtopp

Nothing personal, but it seems to me that a company who has the resources to develop and manufacture a real TT system would be able to purchase their own car and not have to deal with a paranoid and impatient owner. And the donor car saves only $1500-2000? Seems to me the endless testing and abuse that will no doubt be inflicted upon the car would qualify not only for a free TT set up, but a substantial fee as well.

Last edited by ZZtopp; 09-30-2003 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-30-2003, 11:45 AM
little_rod

ZZ is getting to the truth, lol. Well, he didn't say what the actual cost would be, but I have to agree with you. People who have been testing TT Zs have blown engines and such in doing so. But you also have to think about it as a custom setup for your car, and that price is actually decent when you think about a one-off on a car. I had a custom shop tell me they would do a one-off on my car for $16,000. Needless to say, I haven't called them back.
Old 09-30-2003, 11:55 AM
alexj74

I would'nt lend my z to anyone.......... Those fools should have their own cars to test, its part of the cost of R&D and I'm sure they will be making bank when the turbo actually hits the market.
Old 09-30-2003, 12:04 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by little_rod
ZZ is getting to the truth, lol. Well, he didn't say what the actual cost would be, but I have to agree with you. People who have been testing TT Zs have blown engines and such in doing so. But you also have to think about it as a custom setup for your car, and that price is actually decent when you think about a one-off on a car. I had a custom shop tell me they would do a one-off on my car for $16,000. Needless to say, I haven't called them back.
As an armature engineer/fabricator, $16,000 doesn't seem so bad to me (not that I'd ever put that much money into a Z). You have to consider that a one-off for your car would make use of only the highest quality components and materials, something that may be cost-prohibitive for a commercial system that might retail for $5000-6000, a competitive price. Also, with a one-off, you have to pay for the design and engineering, something that is amortized in to the production cost of a "mass" produced kit. Regardless, I don't think I'd want a system in my car that was used to work out all the bugs for the production version, "custom" or not.
Old 09-30-2003, 12:07 PM
sschmuve

Originally posted by ZZtopp
Nothing personal, but it seems to me that a company who has the resources to develop and manufacture a real TT system would be able to purchase their own car and not have to deal with a paranoid and impatient owner. And the donor car saves only $1500-2000? Seems to me the endless testing and abuse that will no doubt be inflicted upon the car would qualify not only for a free TT set up, but a substantial fee as well.
Yeah...I agree. Giving up the car for 2 months to be a test mule is definitely something one should be reimbursed for. A free TT set up and some $$$, is a lot cheaper for the company than buying their own car. Think about how much profit they are going to make at your expense!
Old 09-30-2003, 12:10 PM
SSR Engineering

Either way, this offer stand for true enthusiats that are looking to turbocharge their cars. Nothings free, and for me to offer a great deal like this is extremely reasonable
Old 09-30-2003, 12:39 PM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

would it matter that my car is auto?
Old 09-30-2003, 12:41 PM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by sschmuve
Yeah...I agree. Giving up the car for 2 months to be a test mule is definitely something one should be reimbursed for. A free TT set up and some $$$, is a lot cheaper for the company than buying their own car. Think about how much profit they are going to make at your expense!
A free TT set up and some extra $$$ . If you are serious about turbo charing your car you will recognize that getting a kit at cost plus free installation free tuning is an excellent deal
Old 09-30-2003, 12:42 PM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by x350Zx
would it matter that my car is auto?
not at all
Old 09-30-2003, 01:35 PM
orhanz33

i'm all for seeing the kit...I greatly admire the person who sacrifices their Z for the growth of our aftermarket
Old 09-30-2003, 01:53 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by SSR Engineering
A free TT set up and some extra $$$ . If you are serious about turbo charing your car you will recognize that getting a kit at cost plus free installation free tuning is an excellent deal
Let's see....I'd be without the car for two months.....God only knows how many people would be carelessly in and out of the car and how many sets of greasy overalls (with metal snaps, zippers, etc) would be leaning against the paint while the car is being worked on (just imagine what those silver door handles and front fenders would look like after two months).....dozens if not hundreds of stressful runs that will drastically effect the life the engine and trannie......and of the course the occasional wrench or cart that might mysteriously find it's way into a door or fender.

Sorry, I know I'm painting a dismal scenario, but if you think a couple grand is great deal for all the time lost and potential problems and stress that could arise, you are mistaken. If I'm going to give the fox a key to the henhouse, he's going to have to make it worth my while.

How about this: I get the TT for free, you pay me $250 per week for the use of the car, all eight weeks payable up front ($250 per addtional week), plus I hire an independent appraiser to evaluate the condition of the car before and after, and you pay in full for repair of ANY damage incurred during the time you had the car, no matter how minor or major. This would include anything from a simple hairline scratch to engine or trannie problems that might develop for the next 24 months (after all, you will have voided my warranty). If you agree to all this in writing, I'll drive my Z to SoCal next week, provided I get good reports about you after I check you out.

For only $2000 out of your pocket, you'll have a Z and be off and running with your TT project. Let's do it!

Last edited by ZZtopp; 09-30-2003 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-30-2003, 02:44 PM
ZZtopp

Just in case you think I'm kidding, here's the car, ready to head to SoCal from Vegas. What is your website address?
Attached Thumbnails SSR Engineering TT Kit!-z2-reduced.jpg  

Last edited by ZZtopp; 09-30-2003 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-30-2003, 02:48 PM
sschmuve

Sorry for the pessimism, but were not talking about Civics here.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:20 AM
BlackNissan350z

hey maybe they will blow this one up just like the spec v they blew up

Quick Reply: SSR Engineering TT Kit!