Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Another one bites the dust

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 01:08 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have done plenty of business in both directions with SFR and its always been a pleasure. solid company. i have had plenty of conversations with tim over the years and his character has always been extremely generous and helpful.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:28 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
i am almost 100% on this actually...not fully... I understand there are different circunstances due to a moving to a new location(rare), or DIYs (kinda like this case)

I am glad the OP and Tim have worked things out.... i knew this would be the outcome, it just bothered me it had to come to this first, but, lets hope for the very best things as things move forward, its good to see that most of us understand that we must raise the level of quality and service specially to good people/customers in this comunity....and i think thats been made clear in this thread.

It never had to come to this,period. I was not notified of the situation after Ernie had requested one last part from me a couple weeks ago.I just assumed everything was ok and that Ernie was all fixed up till I seen this issue here on the boards.But at least Ernie and I talked and we have figured it out

Last edited by TurboTim; 08-08-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:16 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1
so after the pump makers reply, extreme motor abuse seems to make alot of sense. I feel ALOT of apologizes to Tim will be in order from many of the posters in this thread.
+2 it certainly seems that way. Ernie, get an oil cooler on there so that even if the car does get abused, again, it will survive.

It's good to know that oil temps over 240 are pushing the limits of that pump. You'll want a very nice oil cooler on there to keep temps below 240 even when pushed to the limit. Live and learn. Best wishes for a smooth recovery. And once again, kudos to SFR for coming through.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:28 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

I am glad the OP and Tim have worked things out.... i knew this would be the outcome, it just bothered me it had to come to this first, but, lets hope for the very best things as things move forward, its good to see that most of us understand that we must raise the level of quality and service specially to good people/customers in this comunity....and i think thats been made clear in this thread.

I am also glad that Ernie and Tim are working things out. I have been enjoying my new daily driver and have been away from this thread. It appears some misperceptions and uninformed comments should be addressed. I expect Ernie to be posting later today to set the record straight.

First of all, regarding the comments that are obviously directed towards me about blasting SFR and owing Tim an apology... Everything I stated is 100% factually correct as told to me directly by Ernie himself. I do not owe Tim anything nor do I intend to apologize for anything I posted in this thread. Unlike the peanut gallery, I do know the facts.

Ernie contacted me immediately the evening that he received his G off of the trailer APPROXIMATELY 6 WEEKS AGO. He was upset and consulted me for my professional advice. We have had several lengthy phone calls and numerous text messages since that evening. I am intimately aware of every detail and development of this ordeal and how Ernie tried to resolve the issue with Tim for the past 6 weeks. I made no uninformed comments in this thread.

Second, Ernie held off on starting this thread and I kept silent on the forums about SFR until Ernie decided to start this thread as an attempt to get some satisfactory resolution and inform the community of his ordeal. Ernie was frustrated with Tim and felt that Tim had "washed his hands of the whole deal". I could have started blasting SFR weeks ago in other threads whenever Tim posted if that was my perogative. Obviously, it wasn't. I was waiting to see how/if Tim would take care of Ernie. Up until Ernie's ordeal, SFR was a vendor that I liked, respected, and supported. After I got scammed by SGP on my trans build, I called Tim earlier this year and was seriously considering sending my auto trans to get fully built by SFR. I even kept SFR/Tim's name out of my first post in this thread and waited for either Ernie or Tim to reveal who was involved.

As I stated before, Ernie really is a "nice guy" and a class act. He told me that he does not like confrontation, especially on the internet. Therefore he was very diplomatic in his OP and subsequent posts. He was more diplomatic IMO than most customers would have been with Tim if they were put in the same situation. He has not expressed all his feelings or all the details of the ordeal in this thread, but he has no problem with me posting what he told me over the last several weeks. I never have been diplomatic when I believe someone is getting screwed or scammed. I realize it pisses some people off, but I make no apologies for it. I call it like I see it and I'm not here to try to please everyone. I'm not going to back down to appease the peanut gallery or any vendor on here. I support my friends and stand up for what I think is right. That is what I did in this thread. No more, no less.

Next... It should be pointed out that the photos of the scavenge pump that have been posted are from a brand new pump that Ernie purchased from Tim and installed AFTER THE CAR WAS RECEIVED. So the damage to that pump was not during the alleged/supposed joy ride in between the car leaving SFR and being delivered to Ernie. This pump had only a few miles/few minutes of operation time before it failed and the car was not ragged on or pushed hard prior to the failure due to obvious concerns about the condition of the car when Ernie received it back from SFR with oil leakage. Also, if the oil was super heated as the pump manufacurer and Tim have postulated, why didn't the pump's plastic casing melt???

I will let Ernie explain this further and also set the record straight about my involvement in this thread.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 08-08-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:33 PM
niceguyyy01

First off, the pump that Johnny pictured has a total run time of no more than 10 mins with the longest run time of maybe 5 mins. If the oil temps were hot enough to melt the rubber inside the pump, then it CERTAINLY would have melted the plastic bottom part of the pump itself. I'm not even sure if it would be possible to get the oil temps that high in that little of time..... not to mention the car never saw over 3k rpm.

Please note here guys...... the pump that Johnny has pictured here is not the original pump. The original pump that was on the car when it got back here had a broken plastic peice on the side of the body and was leaking badly. I had to replace that pump with the one you see here. Remember the one that came back from SFR had a crack in the housing and was leaking too badly, so it had to be replaced. I ordered a brand new one and what you see is the result of about 10 mins of usage... to the gas station and a cruise down the highway at 3k rpm.... no hot rodding, no abuse. I still to this day have not been able to fully test the new trans and converter....although it does feel MUCH better shifting with normal driving, so I will definitely say I think the trans issues are long gone.

As for apologies, I don't see why anyone needs to apologize.... I haven't read all the reply's, but I think everyone stayed with the facts on this one. Both Tim and I agree that this was done with the utmost respect on both parts.

As for Eric's posts, he is a good friend to me and was very adamant about making sure he had all the facts before he ever posted in this thread. Everything he has said was facts that I had told him concerning this situation.... I do not like confrontation, therefore alot of times I simply brush things off and never speak up. Eric was simply standing up for a friend and he never had any personal agenda, he simply was very detailed and determined to get some answers. This community is lucky to have someone like him here.... I feel lucky to have him as a friend. He has always spoken well about Tim and still does, so I think everyone needs to chill out and let this thread simmer out.

Tim and I are working together to get this issue resolved and we are all still good friends, so everyone should get together and have a big group hug. LOL

By the way the name of the transport company was A1 transport-Mitch 800-452-2880, and the actual driver's company name was Stock & Custom Transport, Inc. out of Etiwanda, CA 626-625-7341.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:46 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Can we all hug, hold hands and sing Kumbaya?

On a serious note.

To Ernie and Tim, I'm glad yall worked it out. I'm glad to see that owners of 350z's haven't completely been relegated to disrespectful punks. I'm also glad to see Vendors/Sponsors like Tim still exist on this forum. There seems to have been too many threads recently of Vendors that don't have this type of customer service.

About Eric aka Rude. I have personally spoken to him in the past regarding another shop and know for a fact that he is a stand up guy. Was he out place with his comments, I don't think so, but I'm not here to judge. But remember, this is a public forum where people are open to state their opinions and state facts that they believe to be true. I can apprciate the fact that OG's still stick up for other members.

This is a sad story for all parties involved. Ernie can't enjoy his ride, Tim is out of money and a damaged reputation (will it hurt his business, probably not. Regardless, though there is gonna be some stigmatism).

Overall though, I hope this serves as good example of how to handle a difficult situation with both parties coming to an ammicable solution with minimal hurt feelings.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:54 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

lol....apologies?
no hard feeling ...sure...
OP is on path to getting things straight againt on his car....fact is prior to this thread OP was no where near getting the help and "renewed" attention he is getting now...which is good... glad SFR didnt waste much time to get things straight with OP.

Originally Posted by MethodRN
Can we all hug, hold hands and sing Kumbaya?
sure...warm fuzzies welcomed lol

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 08-08-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:10 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by niceguyyy01
First off, the pump that Johnny pictured has a total run time of no more than 10 mins with the longest run time of maybe 5 mins. If the oil temps were hot enough to melt the rubber inside the pump, then it CERTAINLY would have melted the plastic bottom part of the pump itself. I'm not even sure if it would be possible to get the oil temps that high in that little of time..... not to mention the car never saw over 3k rpm.

Please note here guys...... the pump that Johnny has pictured here is not the original pump. The original pump that was on the car when it got back here had a broken plastic peice on the side of the body and was leaking badly. I had to replace that pump with the one you see here. Remember the one that came back from SFR had a crack in the housing and was leaking too badly, so it had to be replaced. I ordered a brand new one and what you see is the result of about 10 mins of usage... to the gas station and a cruise down the highway at 3k rpm.... no hot rodding, no abuse. I still to this day have not been able to fully test the new trans and converter....although it does feel MUCH better shifting with normal driving, so I will definitely say I think the trans issues are long gone.

As for apologies, I don't see why anyone needs to apologize.... I haven't read all the reply's, but I think everyone stayed with the facts on this one. Both Tim and I agree that this was done with the utmost respect on both parts.

As for Eric's posts, he is a good friend to me and was very adamant about making sure he had all the facts before he ever posted in this thread. Everything he has said was facts that I had told him concerning this situation.... I do not like confrontation, therefore alot of times I simply brush things off and never speak up. Eric was simply standing up for a friend and he never had any personal agenda, he simply was very detailed and determined to get some answers. This community is lucky to have someone like him here.... I feel lucky to have him as a friend. He has always spoken well about Tim and still does, so I think everyone needs to chill out and let this thread simmer out.

Tim and I are working together to get this issue resolved and we are all still good friends, so everyone should get together and have a big group hug. LOL

By the way the name of the transport company was A1 transport-Mitch 800-452-2880, and the actual driver's company name was Stock & Custom Transport, Inc. out of Etiwanda, CA 626-625-7341.

I see ....I thought the pump was the same one I did not know you had changed it.

As far as wanting someone to apologize.....I dont see a need for that....Ernie felt he was wronged....he contacted Eric for help...This info was kept off the boards for a long time.....both parties chose not to drag this thing out any longer...end of story.

I am just happy to see that this ended in a professional manner

sure...warm fuzzies welcomed lol
Nothing Ghey please

Last edited by XKR; 08-08-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:38 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XKR
Nothing Ghey please
like this? https://my350z.com/forum/7632507-post66.html
Old 08-08-2009, 05:50 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by failsafe306
exactly.... Nothing Ghey like that... Lol
Old 08-08-2009, 10:08 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

No apoligies needed in my opinion, either. No hard felings towards anyone, including Eric. Ernies beleives me, we will help him out. That is the most important thing. The last time I talked with Ernie was a couple weeks ago and it sounded like he had thought the issues were sorted out. If I would have know that the situation escalated from bad to worse sooner then I did, I would have contacted him sooner.

I didnt even know the new pump melted down till Johnny said something in this thread! The reason I posted what the manufacturer of the pump said was to inform Ernie of it, let people know it is not made of wax and let Ernie know I was working on it for him. It was not to pass blame. It is obvious that something is wrong with the engine to cause extreme oil temps even with mild driving. The new pump failing was just a repercussion of the current engine problem. We know for sure the oil temp is really high and could be caused by a number of things. Hence the reason the car is at a shop getting diagnosed. BTW, the abs plastic housing did not melt cause it can handle much higher temperatures then the diapraghm that did melt.

The bottom line, whether anyone wants to beleive it or not, is the transport company is 100% at fault!!!!!! If Ernie needs me to fly out as a witness for legal reasons, I told him I would. We are not in the business to screw over very good customers, cause if that was the case, we would have gone under a long time ago.

Last edited by TurboTim; 08-08-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:43 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

^anyone contact transport company about this? If in this case, there is nothing customer can do about?

Well, glad to hear everything going well between shop and customer
Old 08-09-2009, 06:14 AM
niceguyyy01

Originally Posted by Chef-J
^anyone contact transport company about this? If in this case, there is nothing customer can do about?

Well, glad to hear everything going well between shop and customer
I've talked with the actualy driver's boss and he vehemently denies any and all wrong doing. Without any mileage written down with the driver's signature, we have no evidence at all. Yeah we ALL know something happened, but we have no actual proof. It's a hard lesson learned.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:07 AM
UMW350Z

[QUOTE=TurboTim;7633152]No apoligies needed in my opinion, either. No hard felings towards anyone, including Eric. Ernies beleives me, we will help him out. That is the most important thing. The last time I talked with Ernie was a couple weeks ago and it sounded like he had thought the issues were sorted out. If I would have know that the situation escalated from bad to worse sooner then I did, I would have contacted him sooner.

I didnt even know the new pump melted down till Johnny said something in this thread! The reason I posted what the manufacturer of the pump said was to inform Ernie of it, let people know it is not made of wax and let Ernie know I was working on it for him. It was not to pass blame. It is obvious that something is wrong with the engine to cause extreme oil temps even with mild driving. The new pump failing was just a repercussion of the current engine problem. We know for sure the oil temp is really high and could be caused by a number of things. Hence the reason the car is at a shop getting diagnosed. BTW, the abs plastic housing did not melt cause it can handle much higher temperatures then the diapraghm that did melt.

The bottom line, whether anyone wants to beleive it or not, is the transport company is 100% at fault!!!!!! If Ernie needs me to fly out as a witness for legal reasons, I told him I would. We are not in the business to screw over very good customers, cause if that was the case, we would have gone under a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

+100 right. Shops that screw people over eventually crash and burn.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:11 AM
UMW350Z

I've talked with the actualy driver's boss and he vehemently denies any and all wrong doing. Without any mileage written down with the driver's signature, we have no evidence at all. Yeah we ALL know something happened, but we have no actual proof. It's a hard lesson learned.
Ernie,

I can tell you from dealing with transport companies, there MUST be irrefutable evidence that is noted at time of delivery for them to take responibility for their actions. I have the unfortunate opportunity to deal with transportation damage every couple months and if the damage is not noted right away (usually a 48 hour window), the dealer is screwed. I've seen some of my guys eat thousands of dollars because they did not inspect the car right after delivery. I imagine it is just like that regarding a 'retail' customer. The damage has to be pinned on a person (usually the driver), or else it is hearsay. Good luck!

Last edited by UMW350Z; 08-09-2009 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:30 PM
rcdash

But doesn't the lack of mileage on the paperwork constitute a breach of the company's policy for documentation? Without that mileage, he cannot refute your claim that the car was driven and abused. Are you certain you still cannot fight it? You may want to at least bluff on this premise and see if you can get the guy to settle with just a threat of legal action. You've just got to play the part right and the transport company owner/manager may fold, especially if they think they might get caught. Tell him you'll sign a release for further liability if they'll contribute $?k towards the damage. Otherwise ask for the contact info for the owner of the company, the insurance agent contact and a copy of the companies standard operating procedures for documentation on the paperwork the driver and recipient sign off on. I think you could get $3k easy, but maybe up to $5k. That's not enough of an ask to hire a lawyer or file a claim for most businesses.

Last edited by rcdash; 08-09-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:49 PM
niceguyyy01

Originally Posted by rcdash
But doesn't the lack of mileage on the paperwork constitute a breach of the company's policy for documentation? Without that mileage, he cannot refute your claim that the car was driven and abused. Are you certain you still cannot fight it? You may want to at least bluff on this premise and see if you can get the guy to settle with just a threat of legal action. You've just got to play the part right and the transport company owner/manager may fold, especially if they think they might get caught. Tell him you'll sign a release for further liability if they'll contribute $?k towards the damage. Otherwise ask for the contact info for the owner of the company, the insurance agent contact and a copy of the companies standard operating procedures for documentation on the paperwork the driver and recipient sign off on. I think you could get $3k easy, but maybe up to $5k. That's not enough of an ask to hire a lawyer or file a claim for most businesses.
Ya know, I never thought of it that way. I am going to put it in writing and see what kind of response I get. I'll do it tomorrow and let the board know what the outcome is.... although, I do not expect any cooperation, as they know a lawyer bill will easily not be worth my time. But it never hurts to bluff.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:40 PM
rcdash

They may know you won't pay for a lawyer, but you could easily take them to small claims court by filling out a form in your home town (for up to 5k). They'd have to show up in the County you file in.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:57 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

If you hire a lawyer and the car was sent out of state, you would be under the jurisdiction of federal court. If you need more details, PM me on this, believe me when I say I know what I'm talking about.

BTW, I'm glad you and SFR got this worked out, its a sh1tty situation for everyone involved for sure.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:32 AM
cc1012

this is a prime example of why IF POSSIBLE only one company and one company only should be working on your car.