Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

what do you think I need for making high hp?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 12:10 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 350zzzgunnar
^thanx for input
Please post what you got so I can build a monster here in Sweden

btw Import Turner Magazine and a Autralian mag; Auto Salon wants to publish my car as it is.
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...rev-2-0-a.html

Post #18.

I'm still waiting on the short block. Hopefully GTM will have it done soon.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did u like fitment of ur Seibon interior CF door panels?

You already have the right idea.. Just gotta drop ur car off.. Who tunes ur car out there?
Old 09-07-2009, 03:01 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by dikspiel
Not a fan of the body kit but a big fan of the blonde.
+100000000000000
Old 09-07-2009, 11:43 PM
350zzzgunnar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...rev-2-0-a.html

Post #18.

I'm still waiting on the short block. Hopefully GTM will have it done soon.
Looks most impressive!!!
How much do you expect to push? Don't you need a twin pump setup?
Hmm, the Coolingmist Meth/Water Injection System w/ 6 port Meth/Water Manifold sound most interesting, can you suggest mor readings?
Old 09-07-2009, 11:44 PM
350zzzgunnar

Not a fan of the body kit but a big fan of the blonde.
muahahahah ROFL
Old 09-07-2009, 11:51 PM
350zzzgunnar

Originally Posted by Jay'Z

You already have the right idea.. Just gotta drop ur car off.. Who tunes ur car out there?
they really sucks!!! Had to spend aprox 100 hours modifying them si´nce they had absolutley no fitment at all in any part of them....

Drop off? Do you mean lower it?

I had it tuned by WM Performance firs and the by TS Motor, those are the best turners in Swden, I think
Old 09-07-2009, 11:52 PM
350zzzgunnar

Originally Posted by Jay'Z

they really sucks!!! Had to spend aprox 100 hours modifying them si´nce they had absolutley no fitment at all in any part of them....

Drop off? Do you mean lower it?

I had it tuned by WM Performance first and then by TS Motor, those are the best turners in Swden, I think. Hal did overlook the map afterwards.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:14 AM
TheMinel

I like the bonnet (Veilside V3, like mine) and rear (Esprit I guess) although not too keen on the "carbon top half" look. Love the black Volks!!

Blonde is smoking!
Old 09-08-2009, 01:36 AM
350zzzgunnar

Originally Posted by TheMinel
I like the bonnet (Veilside V3, like mine) and rear (Esprit I guess) although not too keen on the "carbon top half" look. Love the black Volks!!

Blonde is smoking!
I might replace the rear (Esprit, yes) bumper w/ a Chargespeed w/ cf diffuser. An I plan to do a show paint work.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:11 AM
TheMinel

love the Chargespeed rear, might go there myself eventually!!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I feel like 750cc injectors may be small for big numbers on pump. It will wok but why not go larger to have more of a blanket?

I run a twin pump system, and along with a Haltech, 1000cc injectors, and BC3 cams my car runs STRONG, with a beast a$$ powerband that makes power to 7500rpms solid and I can rev it to 8500rpms with some drop off in power but not like you would think.

The key is not to have all the right parts but a GREAT tuner. My car now makes pump + meth power on straight pump gas.

18G's will hit the 700whp mark, you just have to be wiling to MAX them and realize that in doing so you will likely decrease the life of these things by a good margin.

Good luck and thanks Rude
Old 09-08-2009, 09:35 AM
psychoballistic

Originally Posted by Alberto
I feel like 750cc injectors may be small for big numbers on pump. It will wok but why not go larger to have more of a blanket?

I run a twin pump system, and along with a Haltech, 1000cc injectors, and BC3 cams my car runs STRONG, with a beast a$$ powerband that makes power to 7500rpms solid and I can rev it to 8500rpms with some drop off in power but not like you would think.

The key is not to have all the right parts but a GREAT tuner. My car now makes pump + meth power on straight pump gas.

18G's will hit the 700whp mark, you just have to be wiling to MAX them and realize that in doing so you will likely decrease the life of these things by a good margin.

Which injectors are you running Alberto?

I run RC 750's and so far (knock on wood) they are serving their purpose beyond expecation. If I had to change, the DW's and HKS surely have better reviews, and would most likely go HKS.

A good tune is key, all the best parts are worthless without the right tune.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:37 AM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

I don't think you need any more power. Just drive around with the blonde and everyone will be slowing down.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

I run the HKS 1000cc
Old 09-08-2009, 10:39 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by 350zzzgunnar
Looks most impressive!!!
How much do you expect to push? Don't you need a twin pump setup?
Hmm, the Coolingmist Meth/Water Injection System w/ 6 port Meth/Water Manifold sound most interesting, can you suggest mor readings?
On my 3.5L Greddy TT build, I made just over 600 whp on 93 octane. I destroyed 2 rod bearings over-reving the motor before I ever brought the meth system on line. (WOT shift when the rev limiter failed to kick in). With the new GTM 4.0L motor and GTM TT kit, I expect to get somewhere around 675 whp on 93 octane, and I am hoping for 750 whp with the meth on line.

I have Toyo R888 305/30 R19s on the rear, but they struggled keeping up with 600 hp. Next year, after my tires wear out, I am going to have my wheels and fenders widened 2 - 2.5", and stick 345/30 R19's on the back and 315/30 R19's on the front. That should help with traction. Also, the downforce I will be getting with the new underbody will help.

Here is my fuel system:

Here is the drawing of my meth system:

Each fluid control valve has a minimum fluid flow, so I use the solenoid to keep the fluid flow from the top one off at low rpm and then turn on the fluid flow from the top fluid control valve when the turbos spool up. I also have a fuel filter after the pump, but that is not shown in the drawing.

The red and green LEDs are mounted on my dash (under the clock). The green LED lets me know when the meth system is on and functioning properly. The red LED comes on when the tank goes dry.

Also, it is wired into my F-CON to automatically change to a meth map when the meth system is turned on, then automatically revert back to the base map when it is off or if something goes wrong, such as the fluid tank running dry or the fluid flow dropping below a particular level based on my rpm/boost level. Also, if anything goes wrong, power to my boost controller is turned off, which drops the boost down to a level determined by the wastegate springs, which is something like 8 psi or so.

EDIT: I UPDATED MY METH SYSTEM DRAWING. I moved the fluid flow sensor to just before the fluid distribution manifold, which is recommended by Coolingmist.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 09-08-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:12 AM
350zzzgunnar

Your engine must sound like so fu--ing sweeet!!!
You wouldn't have any clips or video?
How many PSI do you puch?

Yeah maybe 20G's, but I'm afraid those it can waste response, would be great to see some dyno kurves.
Thanx and good luck to you too!!!
Old 09-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Unfortunately I have never video taped my car

My lowest boost setting is 13psi, the highest is 20psi.

I run meth on the higher two boost settings.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:16 AM
350zzzgunnar

I don't think you need any more power. Just drive around with the blonde and everyone will be slowing down.
Yeah I don't need any more power but is absolutely must have it

hahaha, great point
Old 09-08-2009, 11:31 AM
350zzzgunnar

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
On my 3.5L Greddy TT build, I made just over 600 whp on 93 octane. I destroyed 2 rod bearings over-reving the motor before I ever brought the meth system on line. (WOT shift when the rev limiter failed to kick in). With the new GTM 4.0L motor and GTM TT kit, I expect to get somewhere around 675 whp on 93 octane, and I am hoping for 750 whp with the meth on line.

I have Toyo R888 305/30 R19s on the rear, but they struggled keeping up with 600 hp. Next year, after my tires wear out, I am going to have my wheels and fenders widened 2 - 2.5", and stick 345/30 R19's on the back and 315/30 R19's on the front. That should help with traction. Also, the downforce I will be getting with the new underbody will help.

Here is my fuel system:

Here is the drawing of my meth system:

Each fluid control valve has a minimum fluid flow, so I use the solenoid to keep the fluid flow from the top one off at low rpm and then turn on the fluid flow from the top fluid control valve when the turbos spool up. I also have a fuel filter after the pump, but that is not shown in the drawing.

The red and green LEDs are mounted on my dash (under the clock). The green LED lets me know when the meth system is on and functioning properly. The red LED comes on when the tank goes dry.

Also, it is wired into my F-CON to automatically change to a meth map when the meth system is turned on, then automatically revert back to the base map when it is off or if something goes wrong, such as the fluid tank running dry or the fluid flow dropping below a particular level based on my rpm/boost level. Also, if anything goes wrong, power to my boost controller is turned off, which drops the boost down to a level determined by the wastegate springs, which is something like 8 psi or so.
That's sick numbers!!! and gona look awesome and I think work great w/those tires.
That is a serios setup!!! I also plan to do a swirl for fuel. It's funny that a walbro in-tank is enough though, but I know that it works. And the meth setup is so sweet, fail safe. I don't know if haltech can do such magic as your f-con, but it would be great.
One other idea I'm might use is to have one fuel cell with E85(ethanol) to use on track ony and use pump gas (and meth) on road.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:36 AM
350zzzgunnar

Unfortunately I have never video taped my car

My lowest boost setting is 13psi, the highest is 20psi.

I run meth on the higher two boost settings.
If you ever do a sound recording (like on cell phone) I be the first to want it

Quick Reply: what do you think I need for making high hp?