Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

New winter new turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is bad ***.......

Are you finally going to send out all your piping and duplicate them? So you can sell mass amounts of kits?
Old 11-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
amazing. Cannot wait to see it when you get done and see the numbers you put down. If you were closer, I would hire you to do my Titan while I am gone.
It would be a sweet kit for Titans. I got spanked by a Denali truck the other day(at the track of course) a turbo would fix that.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:02 PM
1GR8350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats not going to scrape near as much as my STS kit and it will spool a lot faster. I've been thinking altering the piping on mine. This is awesome
Old 11-07-2009, 05:31 PM
tig488

looks good like always. i like how youre put the turbo where its easy to get to. why did you have to redo everything again, was it just to improve on some things? you might also want to put some heat/reflective material above the turbo on the underside of the car.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

will ***** your s*** for a good price! (srsly)
Keep it up man!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 07:41 PM
BoostedProbe

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
That is bad ***.......

Are you finally going to send out all your piping and duplicate them? So you can sell mass amounts of kits?
Yes, I am makind a bunch of these. The plan is to sell a couple of kits and get some money going through the designated bank account. I won't be sending anything out, I will do it myself. The IC piping is easy to do now that I got it all figured out.

Originally Posted by 1GR8350Z
Thats not going to scrape near as much as my STS kit and it will spool a lot faster. I've been thinking altering the piping on mine. This is awesome
It will NOT scrape at all at any point. If you put a straight edge that is the width of the car, the turbo sits higher than the "lift points" of a lift. You would get high centered on something before you ever scrape any turbo components. Every 3" exhaust that I have seen on the Z hangs much lower than the lift points I just mentined.

Originally Posted by tig488
looks good like always. i like how youre put the turbo where its easy to get to. why did you have to redo everything again, was it just to improve on some things? you might also want to put some heat/reflective material above the turbo on the underside of the car.
Thank you, yes the turbo is very easy to get to. If, for whatever reson, you wanted to remove the turbo it would take 15 minutes once the car is up.

I redid everything because I wanted to improve things. With the original build, I could run a max of 2.5" IC piping, and with this I am up to 2.75". This will ensure better flow and ability to support power from any single turbo you can cram up there. Turbo blanket can be put on the turbine, but it is a good distance from everything. There is a good 2.5" of clearance on every side of the turbine.

With this (new) desighn I am really paying attention to everything. The old setup used stainless IC piping, this time I am using the proper aluminum stuff. Should be a top notch setup. I am really looking forward to getting this bolted to a built motor. I think the results will speakd for themseves.

Originally Posted by Resmarted
will ***** your s*** for a good price! (srsly)
Keep it up man!!!
$4800 give/take should cover it, including walbro, 6262 Precision and 550cc injectors. Should be good to high 500's, maybe even 600hp. No EMS. Nothing cheaper out there as far as new kits go.

I will stock turbos, w/g's (tial 44mm), BOV's (tial 50mm), Exa scavenge pumps, and a couple of other things for support if somethig goes wrong with a customers kit. Will ship overnight (my expense) if something does go wrong of fails. The pumps alone have a two year warranty from the manufacturer.

Last edited by BoostedProbe; 11-07-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by BoostedProbe

$4800 give/take should cover it, including walbro, 6262 Precision and 550cc injectors. Should be good to high 500's, maybe even 600hp. No EMS. Nothing cheaper out there as far as new kits go.

I will stock turbos, w/g's (tial 44mm), BOV's (tial 50mm), Exa scavenge pumps, and a couple of other things for support if somethig goes wrong with a customers kit. Will ship overnight (my expense) if something does go wrong of fails. The pumps alone have a two year warranty from the manufacturer.
:thumb up::th umbup:
Now we need to make a group buy list release date and turbo kit emblem!
Will definitely consider this. If there is some way you can put together a base map for some engine management system then I think my c*** will fall off from fappage.
Can't wait man, seriously this looks awesome!
Old 11-08-2009, 04:31 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Will you eventually sell as a tuner kit or full kit? This would be a sick DIY if provided good instructions. Very DIY friendly!! No dropping of the engine!! You would rake in $$$ quickly!!
Old 11-08-2009, 06:59 AM
BoostedProbe

Originally Posted by Resmarted
:thumb up::th umbup:
Now we need to make a group buy list release date and turbo kit emblem!
Will definitely consider this. If there is some way you can put together a base map for some engine management system then I think my c*** will fall off from fappage.
Can't wait man, seriously this looks awesome!
I was thinking about an emblem already, and my wife has a few ideas as well. I think I will have to open up a business or something...I was also thinking about the EMS, but with so much out there I though it may be better to let the end user/tuner to decide. One can get a used UTEC for $500 these days, and with 550cc injectors comming with the kit one can just download the basemap from Txs.com and drive it in for a tune.

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Will you eventually sell as a tuner kit or full kit? This would be a sick DIY if provided good instructions. Very DIY friendly!! No dropping of the engine!! You would rake in $$$ quickly!!

I have been thinkig about a tuner kit, not sure though. What is a true definition of a tuner kit? The instructions will be very good, that I can promisse. For example,
Turbo down pipe bolts will be in one zip lock bag, labled. Turbine inlet bolts will be in another bag, labled. For the scavenge pump, hardware will be in the scavenge pump box...trying to make it as simple as possible. That way there is no chance of me missing something when packaging.

As far as the DIY goes, that was the main concern. I wanted to make it as simple as possible to install, and as you can see it will be.

Last edited by BoostedProbe; 11-08-2009 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Tuner kits are basically the kit only, no EMS, no injectors, no fuel pump, just the turbo kit.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Aced16

an ideas of making a kit for a G?
Old 11-08-2009, 12:54 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Aced16
an ideas of making a kit for a G?
this should fit just fine on a g coupe non-rev
Old 11-08-2009, 01:39 PM
BoostedProbe

Originally Posted by binder
this should fit just fine on a g coupe non-rev
My car is rev-up, I am not sure what the difference would be in this case. There shouldn't be an issue as far as fitment goes.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:47 PM
JonnyC

I haven't been to this site very often lately, but this will keep me coming back. Would be great to see you able to pump out production kits for less money than the competition while being able to make a good buck for yourself.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:58 PM
BoostedProbe

Originally Posted by JonnyC
I haven't been to this site very often lately, but this will keep me coming back. Would be great to see you able to pump out production kits for less money than the competition while being able to make a good buck for yourself.
That's the idea.

I got the IC piping welded up today, just the stuff going from the turbo to the IC.

I spent a bit more time under the car just making sure all is good. I decided to add another V-band on the exhaust. It will be right down stream where the two banks merge, right at the end of the pipe..(see picture below) This will make it a bit more compact for shipping and easier to install, not to mention a bit more room for error when it comes to welding it all up.

Last edited by BoostedProbe; 11-08-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:07 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

oh i'm getting excited. Tomorrow i go pick up my built motor so this week i'll start disassembling my car.

hopefully this local guy has the cash to take this vortech off my hands. I would like to have this turbo kit on my car and tuned before march rolls around.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:18 AM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice welding BoostedProbe! looks like that Everlast is doing the trick for you.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:34 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

+1 really nice aluminum welds. How do you make the lips on the piping? (Sorry if I missed it)
Old 11-09-2009, 08:03 AM
BoostedProbe

Originally Posted by rcdash
+1 really nice aluminum welds. How do you make the lips on the piping? (Sorry if I missed it)
Magic...

Actually the pipes are prebent, so they get cut and welded as needed. I buy 45deg, 75deg and 90deg bends and go from there.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:14 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdash
+1 really nice aluminum welds.
The welds look great, as does the entire project. Great work.

Quick Reply: New winter new turbo build