Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My built engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 05:17 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
The engine load seems to be about right, but this varies depending on various factors.

As for the compression test, make sure your engine has had time to warm up to ensure that the oil has been warmed up. Then make sure the coils are disabled to prevent from them firing and hold your throttle open while you perform the test in each cylinder. At least that's what I was told. Simply disabling the fuel pump won't prevent the coils from firing, I would think, and you should disable all coils.
good to know on the engine load.

i was going to disable the fuel pump to keep fuel from being poured into the cylinders. Then i figured i would either remove all the coils or unplug them while i tested each cylinder. On bikes we usually pull all the plug wires and the fuel tank is removed so no fuel.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:08 PM
binder

ok, i did some runs tonight to get tuning setup. I'm still using the crappy SS box because i'm scared to start tuning the osiris. Intimidating.

anyways, the car fires up and idles. When it was warming it idles pretty rough. The car shakes but it doesn't sound like it's misfiring. There are zero codes. Once it's warmed up it fires up without a problem but it still idles slightly rough. AFR is hovering around 14.7 up and down a few. I messed a little bit with RTT in osiris to adjust the k-multiplier to see if that did anything but it didn't change the idle.

I'm still having the problem of the engine dying if i push the clutch in while driving (like coming to a stop). I have to blip the throttle to get it to idle when coming to a stop. Anyone know what fixes this?

This thing is a beast. I did a few pulls to get the afr in the low 11's for safety until i get it tuned in the spring. Rev limit is at 7500. It pulls crazy hard now. There is a noticable difference from the stock motor.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:32 PM
350ztxn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Binder
Old 11-27-2009, 04:03 PM
binder

thanks! i almost can't wait until the spring to have it tuned so i can see it's full potential but it would be a waste since i'm going to keep it in the garage for the winter.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:33 PM
maynard073

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to have to check this thing out soon. I'm itching to wrench on one of these cars.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:20 AM
binder

you're more than welcome! i'm down in terre haute so it's a little bit of a drive from covington but not too bad.

i'm not sure when we are supposed to get snow but this thing gets stored for the winter so you'll have to come down soon if you want to see it before winter. If i happen to take the car up to mom's in cayuga i'll hit you up for sure. that's not far from covington at all.