Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Holy Hell!!! New GT Supercharger Price!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 12:21 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, btw, I forgot to mention that with HKS lowering the supercharger kit's base price, we applied that difference to all of our GTM HKS Supercharger Kits.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Vas_Z33

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GTM
The new price is reflected on our website. Our webmaster was running a little bit behind on that.

Thanks
-Mike
Thanks for clearing that up Mike. Out of curiosity , how much do you guys charge for the gtm upgrade on the HKS. Say if someone were to send it to you guys... Or do you only get the gtm spec upgrade only if bought through gtm?

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by GTM
Oh, btw, I forgot to mention that with HKS lowering the supercharger kit's base price, we applied that difference to all of our GTM HKS Supercharger Kits.
Good news
Old 12-09-2009, 01:47 PM
datsunHEAD

Hey GTM I was checking out your site and im interested,does the stage 1 upgraded supercharger still carb legal?also whats the turn key price on the stage 0 and stage 1? please

Last edited by datsunHEAD; 12-09-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:49 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Vas_Z33
Thanks for clearing that up Mike. Out of curiosity , how much do you guys charge for the gtm upgrade on the HKS. Say if someone were to send it to you guys... Or do you only get the gtm spec upgrade only if bought through gtm?

Thanks!
Not a problem.

Unfortunately, our GTM HKS Stage Kits are just that, kits that we offer. In regards to modifying a kit or parts sent to us, that is not something we can offer. This is due to warranty issues and other liabilities.

Originally Posted by datsunHEAD
Hey GTM I was checking out your site and im interested,does the stage 1 upgraded supercharger still carb legal?also whats the turn key price on the stage 0 and stage 1? please
All HKS Superchargers come with EO numbers.

By "Turn-key", do you mean the kit or installation as well?

Thanks,
-Mike
Old 12-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Vas_Z33

Originally Posted by GTM
Not a problem.

Unfortunately, our GTM HKS Stage Kits are just that, kits that we offer. In regards to modifying a kit or parts sent to us, that is not something we can offer. This is due to warranty issues and other liabilities.

Thanks,
-Mike
So if I were to buy the stage 5, do I still remain the HKS warranty?
Old 12-09-2009, 03:59 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wow that trq really takes a **** doesnt it? is that common for rotrex?

My vortech held dynodynamics 375 ft-lbs or more (maxing at 405) all the way from 4750 til 6500 rpms.

I'd much rather have that kinda flat trq than a peak at 4700 then losing all umph til redline

but thats solid power nonetheless, and a much better price from HKS. Too bad you have to buy/install from GTM to get anywhere near your #'s

Originally Posted by jonnylaw
a recent dyno showing improvement over a past tune:

I have a dynojet dyno as well, that was done right after initial install and tune (before improvement) that showed 400whp and 415trq.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:05 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

So if I were to buy the stage 5, do I still remain the HKS warranty?
Yes, the HKS warranty would be maintained through us.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:34 PM
datsunHEAD

Originally Posted by GTM
Not a problem.

Thanks,
-Mike

Turn key as in installation and out the door
Old 12-09-2009, 05:22 PM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll bet the area under that torque curve is still greater than a similar vortech setup though.

Originally Posted by str8dum1
wow that trq really takes a **** doesnt it? is that common for rotrex?

My vortech held dynodynamics 375 ft-lbs or more (maxing at 405) all the way from 4750 til 6500 rpms.

I'd much rather have that kinda flat trq than a peak at 4700 then losing all umph til redline

but thats solid power nonetheless, and a much better price from HKS. Too bad you have to buy/install from GTM to get anywhere near your #'s
Old 12-09-2009, 06:30 PM
GT-ER

Originally Posted by ReV2Red
I'll bet the area under that torque curve is still greater than a similar vortech setup though.
Lets compare:

HKS:

Vortech:

The HKS is making only 13 peak whp more...but a whopping 89 peak wtrq more than the Vortech in this dyno....YIKES! Even at 3500rpm the HKS is putting down about 80-85wtrq MORE than the Vortech. At 6000rpm the HKS is still putting down more torque than the Vortech ( about 20wtrq more ).

So yes, at similar power levels, the hks has a far fatter powerband and should rape a vortech.

The only problem with the HKS is that it can't do this:

Old 12-09-2009, 06:33 PM
GT-ER

BTW- GTM, is it possible to get just the smaller pulleys from you?
Old 12-09-2009, 08:57 PM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Johnny- any Pix? vids? I love the sound of the hks...

Old 12-10-2009, 03:46 AM
Vas_Z33

awesome!!! ^.. Are you still using the stock baby FMIC? or upgraded one?
Old 12-10-2009, 05:01 AM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

Does anyone know if there are any hardware differences between the US kit and the Japanese kit?
Does the US kit come with the Fcon iS, or the older SZ?

I was speaking to HKS Europe, and they say that the reason the japanese kit is slightly more expensive is because they use a more advanced Fcon unit. Does anyone know about this? And also that there kits are tuned for there higher grade fuels, and that is why there not directly interchangeable.
So does anyone know if there are hardware differences between the kits, because if its only the software then that's easily fixable.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:45 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Whats a similiar vortech setup? That HKS setup is fully strung out as in the most boost that can be achieved by using custom GTM only parts.

This is the kinda dyno that every vortech owner can achieve with off the self parts
and i still have a few more standard off the shelf pulleys to go.

Like I said, i'd give up 15 peak trq to have a broader/flat torque curve from 4700 to redline.

Originally Posted by ReV2Red
Old 12-10-2009, 07:18 AM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

If you take the vortech with similar power numbers, it will produce a lot less torque as we have seen. Yes the vortech can produce better power numbers. Also bare in mind the vortech unit is much larger than the HKS unit. If we were to use the larger HKS compressor i'm sure it would eat the vortech for breakfast.

And why do you keep saying custom GTM parts? They are parts made by GTM yes, but there not custom. Thats the same as saying the vortech pullies are custom because they are made by vortech. A custom part would be you going to a machine shop and giving them a certain spec pulley they have to make. The GTM pulley is an off the shelf part the same way the vortech pulley is.

Yes your right, the HKS unit is probably at it's limit with the GTM pullies, but the base compressor from vortech isn't much better. The people getting big numbers are actually upgrading the entire compressor aren't they. (i don't know, i could be very wrong)

What were trying to say here is that power for power, the HKS unit produces more torque. The vortech unit has the potential to go a bit higher in power, but it needs to go higher in power just to achieve the same torque the HKS unit produces. The vortech unit is physically larger, so it will flow more air, so right there it has an advantage. If we were to compare the larger HKS compressor, then that would be interesting.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not bashing the vortech unit. I think it a very capable piece of kit, i just think the HKS unit is a better piece of engineering.

Last edited by ReV2Red; 12-10-2009 at 07:20 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:21 AM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

And a bump for my previous question if anyone knows?
Old 12-10-2009, 08:29 AM
datsunHEAD

"Don't get me wrong, i'm not bashing the vortech unit. I think it a very capable piece of kit, i just think the HKS unit is a better piece of engineering"

and Dont forget cheaper than the vortech as well!!plus HKS brownie points
Old 12-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by datsunHEAD
"Don't get me wrong, i'm not bashing the vortech unit. I think it a very capable piece of kit, i just think the HKS unit is a better piece of engineering"

and Dont forget cheaper than the vortech as well!!plus HKS brownie points
For me sound and brownie points alone take the cake.. Since this thread has turned into a HKS vs Vortech thread, power aside what are the major failures between the 2. By failures i literally mean the parts on either kit which fails under heavy load. We know Vortech has slipage issues/ possible oil issues? etc. What would be a possible failure on a untouched out of the box HKS unit?

Quick Reply: Holy Hell!!! New GT Supercharger Price!