Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Powerlab ST vs Greddy TT

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 01:35 PM
natedogg713

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerlab ST vs Greddy TT

I was reading the forced induction for noobs thread as im interested in going FI and i came across an intresting thought. Both kits seem to top out around the same number (Give or take 600 via FI for noob thread). My theory is that becuase of weight would the powerlab be more effective even though it would produce more lag? (im not sure how much more if anyone can tell me that would be greatly appreciated). Ive considered both of these kits and after having this thought i cannot decide. Also another advantage would be able to swap in the gt37 turbo on the powerlab kit making more power.

EDIT: Greddy 18g kit

Last edited by natedogg713; 02-18-2010 at 01:40 PM. Reason: more specifications
Old 02-18-2010, 01:56 PM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old 02-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by natedogg713
I was reading the forced induction for noobs thread as im interested in going FI and i came across an intresting thought. Both kits seem to top out around the same number (Give or take 600 via FI for noob thread). EDIT: Greddy 18g kit
LMFAO-you lost all credibility right there.

edit-to further prove my point, from the 1st POST of the thread you claim to have just read

Originally Posted by Slidefox
The Greddy kit tops out at roughly 700whp.
Reading comprehension owns you OP, and if you dont have that, go back to watching Jersey Shore and spray tanning, stay away from modding, and for everybody's sake from posting here as well. You cant fix stupid.

Alllllll aboard.....the next fail train leaves in 5 minutes and you're on it a$$hole

Last edited by Alberto; 02-18-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:18 PM
UMW350Z

Stillen stg 4
Old 02-18-2010, 03:19 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Wooooo woooo chugga chugga
Old 02-18-2010, 04:02 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Re-read my thread. Single Turbo and TT are going to produce two different power bands, and accommodate two different driving styles.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:14 PM
Vas_Z33

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
LMFAO-you lost all credibility right there.

edit-to further prove my point, from the 1st POST of the thread you claim to have just read

Reading comprehension owns you OP, and if you dont have that, go back to watching Jersey Shore and spray tanning, stay away from modding, and for everybody's sake from posting here as well. You cant fix stupid.

Alllllll aboard.....the next fail train leaves in 5 minutes and you're on it a$$hole
HAHAHAHAH
Old 02-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Elperuano

for fawks sake, how do you people expect to get newcomers into the community if all you do is bash ANYONE who has a question.
Point him in the right direction, tell him to re-read sumthin but to start bashing up front, cmon now... no need for the internet tuff guy crap. Save it for when you meet face-to-face.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Elperuano
for fawks sake, how do you people expect to get newcomers into the community if all you do is bash ANYONE who has a question.
Point him in the right direction, tell him to re-read sumthin but to start bashing up front, cmon now... no need for the internet tuff guy crap. Save it for when you meet face-to-face.
Several new guys make it into the FI comunity with out taking a wicked beating and some make it in even after taking a good beating. The thing is it gets tiring being asked every day the same questions when all of the info has been covered . I am not talking about the OP in general but just typically. I lurked on this forum for about 6 months before joining and didn't post any questions in the FI section for about a year after i joined at that point I already gained enough knowledge to go with a basic TT kit. I had spent countless hours reading and searching, gaining knowledge before I bought anything or asked "which turbo kit is the best"?!?
At that time if a person still has questions post them up there is a ton of knowledge in this section, and people are helpful if you do your home work and pose intelligent questions. We see daily dreamer threads in this section and if you don't do your homework and come with good questions you get lumped in that group. Then the villagers get the pitch forks out and tar & feather your ***, hopefully you learn from it do some reasrch and come back with better questions or if your a dreamer we never see you again
Old 02-18-2010, 09:16 PM
deanfootlong

IBTL! nice post OP!!!!!!! lol.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:22 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Elperuano
It's not about being tough, even though you may not agree the regulars in here have to deal with an influx of YOUNG, lazy, generally stupid kids who watched F&F and think that with working 2 weeks at Burger King can afford a 10 sec car.

If the guy just posted that HE READ THE NEWB THREAD and immediately had some vital info WRONG what does that tell you? It tells me one of 2 things.

1. He is stupid

2. He didnt read it

You cant fix stupid and if he didnt read the thread he should, and if he read it once and missed his answers, he should read it again.

You dont seriously expect the forums to stay maneagable if every newb with a question came in every day and thought it was worth posting do you? You wouldnt get tired of it all even though there are stickys with answers?

Instead of ignoring such threads, we like to welcome them wholeheartedly