Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

3rd Annual Forged Performance Airstrip Event!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 12:19 PM
ToastZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just rolled back into home driveway myself. Had a blast and cannot wait until next year to do it all over again !!!

Mike, I won't tell anyone what you plan to bring next year - lol, we'll try to keep it a secret for as long as we can

It was great to meet everyone and put names to faces. What a great bunch of folks we have involved with this event - all those that have attended know what I am talking about.

Cass, you should have stayed. Friday night we all got crazy over at Dil's cabin - way too much early morning fun - good times. Those Dragon videos from the various fender mounted HD camera stuck all over Traylin's green Z were good entertainment
Old 05-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Next year for sure Paul, I will come much more prepared for both the airstrip and Fontana. I'm sure things could get out of hand with Dill involved.... his little brother too.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Tyler4

It was great to see everyone again this year. I had a great time just hanging out since I wasn't able to make many runs (my brakes needed to be bled).

Mike's car is a beast. Thank God for the LSD or else that car would be impossible to drive. I'd like to get in it again whenever the tc issues get worked out.

I'm still up in the air on what I'll bring to next years event - But I'm definitely looking forward to it. And I promise I'll stay in Fontana this time.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XKR
Man this clutch is kicking my azz.... If you are not paying attention .... Well you know.... It will make you look like Sharif when he drove it

That was hysterical ....stalling your car, literally surrounded by 40 spectators.

Glad you all are home safely. This was by far, the BEST Airstrip event thus far, and a fabulous ZDAYZ. I haven't drank that much since college.

And Hal....I demand a scooter rematch next year.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:13 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Damn, I'm sorry I missed out on partying down with the FI crew. My work is killing me now, but maybe next year I'll have a break and I can make it to zdayz again. Glad everyone made it back safe.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:09 PM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged

That was hysterical ....stalling your car, literally surrounded by 40 spectators.

Glad you all are home safely. This was by far, the BEST Airstrip event thus far, and a fabulous ZDAYZ. I haven't drank that much since college.

And Hal....I demand a scooter rematch next year.
LOL @ Saturday night beer pong,... summary of top ten events of the sat. night in about this order for those not able to attend

1. Beer Pong
2. Scooter racing (forged vs injected)
3. Methanol 'Z' burnings in the payment - in front of beer pong tables by candlelight (candlelight provided thanks to Sharif to help speed up the game)
4. the guy with a pony-tail in the white 300Z doing burnouts
5. beer pong finals
6. more methanol - evidently in the barbeque cooker this time to see how high a flame it will make
7. beer pong finals # 2 (possibly rule change evidently)
8. More burnouts
9. kegs go dry
10. back to Dil's cabin for more beer
Old 05-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Blackbird CPV35

Originally Posted by ToastZ
LOL @ Saturday night beer pong,... summary of top ten events of the sat. night in about this order for those not able to attend

1. Beer Pong
2. Scooter racing (forged vs injected)
3. Methanol 'Z' burnings in the payment - in front of beer pong tables by candlelight (candlelight provided thanks to Sharif to help speed up the game)
4. the guy with a pony-tail in the white 300Z doing burnouts
5. beer pong finals
6. more methanol - evidently in the barbeque cooker this time to see how high a flame it will make
7. beer pong finals # 2 (possibly rule change evidently)
8. More burnouts
9. kegs go dry
10. back to Dil's cabin for more beer
You forgot about me trying to pick some of the local talent who were working at the local eatery
Old 05-23-2010, 04:16 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Missed the airstrip event this year, I am looking forward to the next.

Loved the damn Injected v. Forged Scooter Race. I missed those crazy Injected guys @ the party.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:24 PM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MI 35th
Missed the airstrip event this year, I am looking forward to the next.

Loved the damn Injected v. Forged Scooter Race. I missed those crazy Injected guys @ the party.

What did you guys win for the beer pong contest...gym memberships i hope, lol jk. Where are all the video's only cass out of everyone posted videos.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:27 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

It was $175 this year plus the trophies. It was a decent turn-out a few teams did not show up and the bracket shrank.

I wish I had video.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Blackbird CPV35

First vid, me vs ToastZ with Jkenefic driving his GT-R

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MePk0l_xJ1g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MePk0l_xJ1g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Me Vs Randy

I think he was on low/medium boost

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_zBIreUnp4Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_zBIreUnp4Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Me Vs Dil, i think he was on C16 and 22 psi

Now that I watch the video he may have taken the hit, I was definitely reeling him in though

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NHJIv68QJjE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NHJIv68QJjE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited by Blackbird CPV35; 05-23-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:48 PM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^^^ lord, didn't fair to well for the gtr. Both really nice cars though!
Old 05-23-2010, 05:07 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Good lord - converting AVHCD files has turned into an all day adventure. Finally got one done with audio sync'd properly. This is my G35 at 16 psi vs ToastZ's GTR.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zhs4iqAC0CI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zhs4iqAC0CI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Last edited by rcdash; 05-23-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:22 PM
okkk32

Once again, I want to thank everyone for Welcoming me in again and I promise Ill have something for everyone to thrash on at the Airstrip next year. Great seeing everyone from last year and meeting the new. I also realized I between me and my girl, we shot almost 1000 Pictures from this weekend. Here is one of my favorites......Just for you Sharif!

-John

Old 05-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Elperuano

Awesome pics n vids guys... Wow Blackbird ur ride is sick! Nice run with the gt-r.... The whole event mustve been an awesome experience!
Old 05-23-2010, 06:24 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Here's another with me trying to take on rmedicx with the aid of brake boost and failing - fell far behind at launch! Didn't try this again the rest of the day... I did manage to take rmedicx a couple of times at his 15 and 18 psi boost levels, but I think he was too nice to put his race gas map on for me. Great runs Randy!

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bXEWjlCcQdg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bXEWjlCcQdg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Last edited by rcdash; 05-23-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:42 PM
thom000001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike,
Take it from someone who knows EXACTLY what you are experiencing....

Unless Yoko is sending you their DR to work on your wheels, or a super secret R compound that will fit your rim.....they are a useless sponsor. You will lose every race until you put some real rubber underneath it (unless you hit it at 100+ everytime).....

And as "cool" as it is to roast the tires at 20mph.....I have found that roasting them at 70+ the car NEVER goes straight....like you said very sideways and unstable.....

Put some rubber underneath that pig and get at it again!!!!!

Tom

Originally Posted by XKR
It's true ..... He won....Even rolling out at 60 mph+... it would lose traction at 80 mph+....I ran it on waste gate pressure ( 15psi) ...Raj claims he was running at 16 psi....Not even Dil believes that...After running the car a few times and seeing the way it reacts to the TQ.....I did not feel it was safe to race side by side....

Yes I have Yoko because I am sponsored by them...They are sending me a new compound mix to try...Hoping it will help.....Someone mentioned traction control.....I did not want to take the chance and not have my car ready because of issues with TC install.

I asked Raj to race on the way back to Fontana.....but he chickened out.....I turned it up to 17psi on the way back and did a quick run from 80 mph and it was ok.....

Taylor got to drive my car at the event...and I got to see first hand how it would lose traction from the outside. The clutch did not help things either....The car runs strong ....but it's a hand full even for an experienced driver....Only a fool would take a car with this much power that he has less than 24 hours of seat time and try and push it. Look what happened to the Viper guy.....he almost ended the even early for all of us.

With TC....we will be able to control this beast. I offered a few people at the even a chance to drive the beast....only Tylor and Sharif took my offer.

It was great fun....it was nice seeing you all again.....and also nice meeting all the new members....See you all next year.....I plan to bring a non- Nissan next year
Old 05-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like tons of fun but the runs are way short. Can the higher power cars hit 140mph?

Cars like this need to spread their legs ya know. Im surprised so many runs starting from 2nd.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Blackbird CPV35

Originally Posted by Alberto
Looks like tons of fun but the runs are way short. Can the higher power cars hit 140mph?

Cars like this need to spread their legs ya know. Im surprised so many runs starting from 2nd.
I hit 140, I had alot of trouble stopping in time though. There was one scary moment when i had to basically drift my car sideways because I didnt have room to stop
Old 05-24-2010, 04:07 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow sounds like fun.

Thanks for sharing guys, good show.

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Forged Performance Airstrip Event!