Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Sneak Peak At Vortech System

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 10:20 PM
spazpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am willing to bet vortech is being conservitive on the 412 crank hp. just sounds way to low to me, especially if it has an intercooler
Old 11-05-2003, 05:35 AM
Ag Z

If the two blowers use the same IC and both are rated at the same pressure/CFM. Then the only real difference will be how much heat the head unit puts into the air. Either by compressing it (impeller design) or how hot the SC runs.

I would not be crazy about dropping the oil pan to but a return line in it or if there is a SC failure the shavings going into the oil system.

If they offer a setup that controls timing along with fuel then it has more of a failsafe than the ATI. If not, it's going to have the same exact issues as the ATI.

Your safety is only as good at the tune/tuner.
Old 11-05-2003, 06:07 AM
Edretti

Man I can't wait for them guys to get back from sema. If I can get 350rwhp and it's plug and play (no tuning required) I'm in on this deal!
Old 11-05-2003, 08:34 AM
D_Nyholm

I think I am way off here, but I know if you bought this kit for an 87-93 mustang, they had an MSD control box that controlled the spark for timing retard. It would pull out X amount of timing/lb. of boost. I assume that the G has a much more advanced system, but it would be nice if it was that easy!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 08:41 AM
spazpilot

Originally posted by D_Nyholm
I think I am way off here, but I know if you bought this kit for an 87-93 mustang, they had an MSD control box that controlled the spark for timing retard. It would pull out X amount of timing/lb. of boost. I assume that the G has a much more advanced system, but it would be nice if it was that easy!!!

the msd control box is similar to what stillen is using on there sc system
Old 11-06-2003, 08:41 AM
damen

Originally posted by Edretti
Man I can't wait for them guys to get back from sema. If I can get 350rwhp and it's plug and play (no tuning required) I'm in on this deal!
so your ready to go supercharger and get rid of the Zex?
Old 11-06-2003, 09:26 AM
Edretti

Yea but, I'm not getting rid of the zex! I'll have to keep a small shot there just in case.....
Old 11-06-2003, 10:19 AM
02trex

Default edretti -

"Yea but, I'm not getting rid of the zex! I'll have to keep a small shot there just in case....."

...you run into me!!

Old 11-06-2003, 10:58 AM
Edretti

LOL! We shall see buster!
Old 11-06-2003, 07:51 PM
edubbzzz

Ok, So im not even going to wait and see what problems are going to occur with this system, im jumping right in i love VORTECH systems, plus i have a NX 75sht on the way, wow what surgey my BABY is going to go though, anyone have any suggestions on if i keep my 75 shot (seriously no joking) what i should expect my motor to do, and im hoping it's not going to screem bloody murder, i hope nissan did these right!! I am willing to dump more money into my car to make it as reliable as possible so hit me with some suggestions!!

But, anyway THANKS VORTECH ILL BE SPEAKING TO YOU SOON!!!!
Old 11-06-2003, 09:37 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally posted by edubbzzz
Ok, So im not even going to wait and see what problems are going to occur with this system, im jumping right in i love VORTECH systems, plus i have a NX 75sht on the way, wow what surgey my BABY is going to go though, anyone have any suggestions on if i keep my 75 shot (seriously no joking) what i should expect my motor to do, and im hoping it's not going to screem bloody murder, i hope nissan did these right!! I am willing to dump more money into my car to make it as reliable as possible so hit me with some suggestions!!

But, anyway THANKS VORTECH ILL BE SPEAKING TO YOU SOON!!!!
Thanks for being the risk taker I am not. Good luck with the Vortec, it sounds like a good set up. Just be careful comnbining the FI with the shots. I think Max blew his Z up doing that if I am correct. In fact, if I am correct, he was running a 9lb pulley on his ATI SC + 100 shot, and that is when it came unglued. If my details are incorrect, then someone can correct me. The point being, just be careful. It is nice to be on the edge but not over it.

Jeff
Old 11-06-2003, 11:35 PM
jesseenglish

He was not running a shot anymore and he was running the 7lb pulley.
Old 11-07-2003, 04:58 AM
edubbzzz

I believe the VORTECH will be giving me 8lbs of boost or it may even be 7lbs so im not really worried, but i am going to think about doing all the neccesaries to keep my motor running, thinking about more cooling and i read some where sleeving the block, maybe even a stroker kit!!! Well, im a speed demon i love the rush but i am going to becareful and try not blow my engine. Anyone suggest any percuations i should take beside, "HOLD ON", I mean engine percuations to keep my car alive and not put it through what MAX went through!!!

LaterZ,
Erich
Old 11-07-2003, 06:24 AM
f r e z N Y

Turning the 75 shot durring the lower end of the vortec spool would be safest. There is a VQ30DE in DC (4th gen Maxima) that was doing something similar, but running 14+ PSI on is intercooled water injected V2 blower. Hit in the 11's too. (sorry if this was already mentioned in the thread, as I did not want to read all of it)
Old 11-07-2003, 08:36 AM
Jeff@Evolution

I have been following this thread since I got back from SEMA. I just got yesterday. And when I logged on, WOW -- 8 pages.

Most of the info provided by zland here are pretty true and accurate. I'll try to help out with answering some of the questions as soon as the Vortech guys get back from SEMA. But Zland have been doing a great job. As far as the diff HP output goes. Every car and dyno are diff. If some of you guys comparing the HP output between ATi and Vortech. Please put those facts in place. I'm pretty sure the Vortech is just as fast as the ATi and the parts Vortech use are always high quality and backed up with warranty.

BTW, zland. PM me or call me. I do have some info to share from SEMA.

Jeff - Evolution

We now carry Greddy TT and Vortech Superchargers
Old 11-07-2003, 02:55 PM
Forced

Hey guys, SEMA was busy as hell, got the blisters to prove it. I want to clarify the fueling situation. From the stock fuel pump...it goes into the FMU, then into the in-line fuel pump, then up to the motor. Hope that helps.
Old 11-07-2003, 03:59 PM
Jeff@Evolution

Originally posted by Forced
Hey guys, SEMA was busy as hell, got the blisters to prove it. I want to clarify the fueling situation. From the stock fuel pump...it goes into the FMU, then into the in-line fuel pump, then up to the motor. Hope that helps.
Steve, I'm sure you guys were busy. I went by there to talk to ***** a little bit. Always impressed by the crew at Vortech. Professionalism at it's best. I have been talking to him about having a kit send to my shop and we are hopign to be one of the first to install the production kit on the Z. And we do also have a few G35 Coupe customers waiting in the line. We had the first production kit installed for the s2000 when it was released last year. We received a lot of publicity and had 4 magazine coverage on them. Scroll down the pages and you will see them.

http://www.evolutionautosports.com/evomedia.htm

We had great customer support and tech support with you guys and looking forward to working with you guys on the Z and G.

Now we just need some Z guys from MD/VA to step up. And then, happy hunting

Below is some of the cars we worked on in the past year since we started building our website.

http://www.evolutionautosports.com/evocars.htm

Thank you

Jeff - Evolution
Old 11-07-2003, 06:14 PM
BlueDragonZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a newbie when it comes to this subject. But the amount of HP this system can produce caught my eye and I want to be educated on it. This is definately something that I would want to get into. Is this type of system acceptable for a daily driven vehicle? What types of problems if any could result in this type of system? Everyone's response is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:52 PM
Edretti

We had great customer support and tech support with you guys and looking forward to working with you guys on the Z and G.
Hopefully we'll be able to get something going on that Greddy TT kit come Monday. I can't wait!!
Old 11-07-2003, 09:21 PM
Jeff@Evolution

Originally posted by Edretti
Hopefully we'll be able to get something going on that Greddy TT kit come Monday. I can't wait!!
Eddie, I spoke with one of the Greddy sales guy on their cell phone today while he was still at SEMA. And he told me some informations. Give me a call tommorow at the shop. I'll be in from 12-6.

thx

Jeff - Evolution

Quick Reply: Sneak Peak At Vortech System