Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Sneak Peak At Vortech System

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 10:52 AM
Ag Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a mustang dyno, what do you expect? How about doing it on a DynoJet dyno. Sorry not a fan of Mustang dyno's.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:00 AM
QuartZ

Well if 60% is fair to expect...then color me a happy camper! That's a great gain!

Does anyone know how much the whole kit weighs? Just trying to get a handle on how much additional weight this kit (or the ATI since it is similar) adds to the car including the intercooler.

Thanx again to Vortech Steve!

-Dana
Old 11-12-2003, 11:10 AM
jesseenglish

The ATI kit weighs about 60 pounds IIRC. The intercooler on the ATI kit is massive and the SC head is a heavy pig.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:12 AM
spazpilot

I would expect the Vortech weights in as the ATI 60pounds
Old 11-12-2003, 11:46 AM
CaLiFoRnIaZ

Default WoWzErZ

I thought Vortech was a multi million dollar company. WTF is this.........give me a accurate dyno, this is hog wash, means nothing. I cant beleive this is the dyno Vortech puts out for a NEW product. WOW.......Show me the real McCoy........**** my neighbor has a tuning shop and does about 1 million in business a year and he has a STATE OF THE ART dyno .........LOL..........If it was my company and I spend thousands and thousands of dollars on a supercharger for the 350Z..........the last thing I would do is market the charger with a invalid dyno sheet that peeps have to guess on. At this point I doubt to many peeps would by this based on guessing. I would expect a great product to be great all the way, this is just, wow dont know what to say except I really expected accurate figures from Vortech from the beginning, not this "well do the math and calculate then devide dyno SHEET to get what we think is rwhp"........ I say "VORTECH, go rent a dyno down the street for $125.00, then come back and post the dyno.........based on your claim of 412hp at the crank, the dyno should show right around 342 at the wheels.
****(412CrankHP X 17%Drivetrain Loss = 342 RWHP)****
Attached Thumbnails Sneak Peak At Vortech System-collage4.jpg  
Old 11-12-2003, 11:50 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally posted by spazpilot
Hey were are you sport z magazine !!!! Try to include vortechs and greddy will ya!
E-mail Dave at SportZ magazine. Let him know what kits you want to see in the comparision.

IMHO, I would love to see the DW SC and Vortec SC added to the comparision. One problem is DW does not feel they will have a car ready for testing until about January and Vortec does not have a car thus we would have to find a customer that would want their Vortec Z to be tested. I think the release date on Vortec is late November.

The SportZ test is scheduled at this point to happen in Mid December. If it is delayed again (it was already delayed to include other cars already), it would not be ready for the spring issue. Maybe the solution is to have the current testing done and then another set of tests for the DW, Vortec, and maybe Greddy cars? Basically, you cannot test a car that is not there/ready to be tested.

Zland - Jeff
Old 11-12-2003, 12:10 PM
Forced

Our dyno will read low because it is an Eddie Current Mustang Dyno and not a DynoJet that will give big numbers. The supercharged one is actually the "base" run on the graph and the "test" run is the non supercharged run. Let's look at 4525 RPM. The top bold line is the supercharged torque. The lighter line under that is supercharged HP. The line under that is stock torque and the bottom line is the stock HP. Hope that clears things up.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:17 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Forced:

I am not joking, if Vortec cant afford to rent another dyno, I'll chip in $5. I think all of us are excited about this product and would love to see a different dyno used for testing.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:33 PM
QuartZ

I'll chip in $25. AND..I wanna come down and see it in person! Sounds like a fun day at the dyno! hehe.

-Dana
Old 11-12-2003, 12:34 PM
jdm350z

I have to admit that I haven't been too impressed with some of the vortech systems geared towards Japanese domestic motors. They do have a much better rep towards American motors.

I am anxious to see if vortech has put together a nice setup on the 350z and what gains it will make. I hope that they come out strong with this setup for the 350z!

The 350z at the SEMA show did look pretty nice I must say and I like what they have done with the cover over the engine, same type of idea I had on my teg!

Last edited by jdm350z; 11-12-2003 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:37 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by QuartZ
I'll chip in $25. AND..I wanna come down and see it in person! Sounds like a fun day at the dyno! hehe.

-Dana
Ok, I am cheaper than you I guess but I'll step it up to $10. If I go see it in person, I want a ride too.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:21 PM
Forced

CaLiFoRnIaZ

We bought this dyno because it is better for computer tuning, something we take great pride in providing. I will try to get a car to a dynojet, but we have never had to do that in the past. As already stated there will differences if we go to two different dynos down the street from one another. The dyno is not inaccurate, I want to stress this. You are just used to dynojet numbers! Look at the gain in power! How can you say they are inaccurate?
Old 11-12-2003, 01:53 PM
CaLiFoRnIaZ

Ty Forced for the explanation. Let me know when you get the real true dyno numbers up.........I am not interested in the current dyno sheet posted, means about as much to me as you telling me. I'd love to see a accurate dyno sheet.

Thxs again Forced!

Last edited by CaLiFoRnIaZ; 11-12-2003 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:58 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Forced/Steve:

If you guys could get a Vortec Z involved in the SportZ magazine SC comparision we are having in December, it would be dyno'ed then right next to the ATI, Stillen, PE TT 350Z's. All of us, the consumers could compare dyno numbers of these products on the SAME dyno. After reviewing dyno numbers, then all we would have to do is consider who makes the most reliable product and with the best service.

I know Vortec does not have a 350Z of its own but there are several 350Z's running around (and soon to be many more) that have the Vortec. Maybe you can ask them if they want their car to be in the test? After all, who would not want their car featured in a magazine? The release date is something like Nov 26th for the Vortec kit isn't? That gives someone about 2-3 weeks to get that kit installed and ready to be tested and since you claim it is a bolt on kit not needing tuning, it should be ready to go right away.

By not being in this article, Vortec is losing an opportunity to show the Z community how good their product is compared to other kits.

Jeff - zland

Last edited by zland; 11-12-2003 at 02:03 PM.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:01 PM
flynnibus
Z Flier

Originally posted by zland
Yes, but in the infamous 300whp pull, everyone thought it was too high and this one seems too low. I have never heard of anyone pulling less than 230whp on a stock Z not alone 190whp.
We did a dyno day locally on a mustang dyno.

I pulled 238.9, highest was 239, and lowest was 221 (?) or so.

They put out lower numbers then dynojet, but not by huge amounts. As you can compare our Z dyno numbers (stock) to most other stock Z dynos.

BTW.. my baseline dyno pull (on a Mustang Dyno) is on the webpage in the link in my sig. That was stock+K&N filter

Last edited by flynnibus; 11-12-2003 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:43 PM
Forced

I am trying to get a customer involved in the SportZ deal. I gave him the information and it is up to him. I think he will go for it though.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:33 PM
MSGarrett1

Originally posted by zland
jesseenglish:

thanks for labeling and posting the dyno results and the wt of car factor is an interesting variable.

Zland
I second that. The graphs make sense now.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:03 PM
CaLiFoRnIaZ

Default Steve/Forced

Steve,

I live in Sacramento and if you need me to come down to socal anytime i have family there and could stay for a week at a time. If you install it i will drive down and pay for it and let you use my car for the magazine..............let me know if you need the car.

Kevin

Last edited by CaLiFoRnIaZ; 11-12-2003 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:04 PM
CaLiFoRnIaZ

Default Steve got a Idea:)

I was thinking and I'd be more than happy to pay you for the blower if you have it installed and tuned correctly.........i drive down when you want me 2 and give you the car for a few days and i stay down there.........when its done i drive home 400 miles and if the magazine schedule dosent fall at the same time as the first install i drive back down giving you alot of knowledge of how your blower performs after i put 1000+ miles on it real quick..............could work out for both parties really good, no loss to you because you will gain valuable info and get paid for the blower...........kinda r&d for the install, I would love to see if we could do this..............let me know I am very serious.........check out my life at..... http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...7&cat=10&val=1

thxs,

Kevin
Old 11-12-2003, 06:13 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by Forced
I am trying to get a customer involved in the SportZ deal. I gave him the information and it is up to him. I think he will go for it though.
Great! Just let me and/or Dave at SportZ magazine know if/when you can get a car involved. I know SportZ will do everything they can do get a Vortec in the comparision. The sooner they know if a Vortec 350Z is availible, the better the chance of it being included in the article.

I am sure you can understand they have deadlines to meet. They cannot delay publication of their magazine. This article got delayed once already, I doubt they will delay it again.

Quick Reply: Sneak Peak At Vortech System