Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

GTM Performance Engineering & Forged Performance - Parting ways...!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 07:06 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ScoobyDooGeek
They make their kits plug-in-play. I don't see how all those hack jobs were necessary to make it fit.
It is far from plug and play.....you make it sound like installing a Twin Turbo kit is like building a Snap Together model. I have done the GReddy TT kit, the Turbonetics single turbo kit, and a GTM kit..... the GTM kit is the most difficult BY FAR!!!! Installing a Greddy with the engine in the car is easier than the GTM kit with the motor out of the car....if that tells you anything.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:15 PM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all im gonna say to some is you actually think this was just one person who did this? i mean ur telling me if u were in a shop and some dude is cutting pipes and pressing pipes together ruining the flow of it by the way and parts of the car you dont know?, i think not, pretty sure the owner of the shop would have seen things happening..If this car was put together like this and not checked by sharif or someone else there who actually knows what is going on and more superior then who knows how many other cars are out there from the shop slammed together like that and not checked over...I would be scared for others who have builds out of there at this time..Seems like forged is hammering too many cars out from sharif's post without really taking their time and doing things correct all the time?, maybe they should slow it down and concentrate more on the quality rather than how many cars they do a month..

i know all shops are not perfect but that work is just way too bad and there is no way it went un-noticed from others in the shop while it was happening

Last edited by tylerxfire; 04-12-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:26 PM
deanfootlong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
all im gonna say to some is you actually think this was just one person who did this? i mean ur telling me if u were in a shop and some dude is cutting pipes and pressing pipes together ruining the flow of it by the way and parts of the car you dont know?, i think not, pretty sure the owner of the shop would have seen things happening..If this car was put together like this and not checked by sharif or someone else there who actually knows what is going on and more superior then who knows how many other cars are out there from the shop slammed together like that and not checked over...I would be scared for others who have builds out of there at this time..Seems like forged is hammering too many cars out from sharif's post without really taking their time and doing things correct all the time?, maybe they should slow it down and concentrate more on the quality rather than how many cars they do a month..

i know all shops are not perfect but that work is just way too bad and there is no way it went un-noticed from others in the shop while it was happening

good point.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:29 PM
AboostedG
Twin Spoolin

Originally Posted by carlili4190
for those who are to lazy to search..
https://my350z.com/forum/8284823-post25.html

Main Thread - Forged Performance and my G37 TT build
Old 04-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

having bought parts from Sam @ GTM and Sharif @ Forged, I would take Sharif's word over Sam's. Not making excuses for the install, as Sharif seems to say it was a screw up. If things come down to taking either shop at their word, Sharif is who I would believe based on my dealings with both shops.

This is a bad situation for both shops involved.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:02 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

^ and you need to refrain from posting when you know only a fraction of the big picture and want to start questioning the experience of the vets on this forum. Both Sam and Sharif are good guys and their relationship, personal and business is their own. In regards to this build, I think it does reflect the need for a better QC process. Knowing Sharif, with the new hires this year, he's already moved this into a plan of action to prevent future mishaps like this one.

Last edited by rcdash; 04-12-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:06 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

^ I know a lot more than you sir. I'll question whoever I want. Even the vets "BRO".
Quoted for truth. Yes, I'm sure you know it all. Welcome to my ignore list.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:10 PM
IslandZavage

^ I know a lot more than you sir. I'll question whoever I want. Even the vets "BRO".
just curious, but what is your place in all this?
Old 04-12-2010, 08:11 PM
- bigc -

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

strong words....which are almost certainly untrue
Old 04-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Quoted for n00b. I don't even know you, fool. Oh no not the "ignore list"!!!

You now are looking like a jack a$$
Old 04-12-2010, 08:21 PM
IslandZavage

That is for me to know and you to find out. Dude, this thread is a party up in here. I love it!.
It was an honest question i asked that apparently you dont have the BALLZ to answer and play little kid games. Pissing people off and giving stupid answers is no way to get your point across or help solve the issue for either parties involved.

So just answer the question: What is your place in all this?
Old 04-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Everybodywildou

OK I'm leaving now! Gezz get your panties all in a bunch.
Do you even own a Z or G?
Old 04-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Elperuano

This ain't really gonna do any good. I say for op to chalk it up to the game and let the rest decide for themselves.. Anything else is useless and FP has already said they won't comment anymore, so its not like ur gonna get any answers to ur questions so why bother asking? Let this just slowly fade away..................
Old 04-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

^ Ummmm, buying parts is different than installs bud. Move along.
been around a lot longer than you. Before GTM was on the boards, and before there was a Forged Performance or a Forged Internals. I have bought enough parts, dealt with enough shops, and done enough builds and install on these cars to have considered opening a shop of my own. Sharif doesn't bullsh!t me when I buy parts. He gets me things other shops can't and does it in a day. Sam spilled BS when I dealt with him.....

When things like this come up I tend to look at the character of the parties involved. There are always three sides to every story and we will likely never get the unbiased truth. That being the case, I would believe Sharif over Sam based on my experiences with both of them.

Go ahead and blow me off like I don't have a clue, but I willing to bet I have a much larger knowledge and experience base with this platform and community than you do.

Last edited by Zivman; 04-12-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:42 PM
whitez33350ztt

yeah i guess bc 1 guy got u a part that somebody else couldnt makes that person that much better.. that doesnt justify that his customers tailight was cracked pipes were bent.. intake all jacked up.. and motor blown.. all bc "nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes" what a great excuse.. when somebody is spending 10k dollars.. and ur the owner of the shop.. im almost 100 percent sure he looked over the car before and during the install .. but wait he got u a great part.. so he must be the BEST guy in the world man!.. im not saying he messes up every car but he is at fault 100 percent and has no excuse but to fix the problem period.. thats why hes chosing not to answer since there is really nothing to answer after all.. the pictures speak for themselves.. its common sense..
Old 04-12-2010, 08:43 PM
whitez33350ztt

and im not doubting any of ur abilities with building 350zs or anything like that.. since it has nothing to do with any of this and just like u buying parts from both of them has nothing to do with this thread
Old 04-12-2010, 08:47 PM
go-fast
Banned

Sharif,you should have never let that turd out the door.If the kit was poor fitting...you send the kit back,where's your oversite?

It's your name on the line....buy a rubber stamp "INSPECTED BY SHARIF" for the receipt,the buck stops with you anyway,embrace it.

That said.......you admitted the screw up,fired the tech and tried to make it right.It shows character and i give you a mulligan.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:51 PM
yadoh

Last edited by yadoh; 04-12-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:01 PM
AboostedG
Twin Spoolin

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Usun3hpO2sk&hl=en_US&fs=1&autoplay=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Usun3hpO2sk&hl=en_US&fs=1&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 04-12-2010, 09:15 PM
- bigc -

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

...You said "almost"...
you said "you"

Quick Reply: GTM Performance Engineering & Forged Performance - Parting ways...!?!