Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

GTM Performance Engineering & Forged Performance - Parting ways...!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 05:35 AM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sharif = Win

If there is an issue with my car that I cannot handle myself - Forged is the only shop that I will go to.

My car has been there only once for a custom tune and an LSD install - I could not be happier. I also stop buy there quite often to buy fluids and other little things - every visit is a pleasure.

I also had to find a replacement Volk wheel , and again, Sharif, Sandy and Ryan spent a few hours researching and dealing with Makin for me - and also got me an unbeatable price.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:52 AM
dpjones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
The question I would like to ask, is why is someone's attorney calling old clients of mine, to see if there is anything they are uphappy about that they would like to speak publicly about?
Who has done that Sharif? Lets see...your lawyer contacted Juan...my lawyer hasn't contacted anyone but you and your attorney. You and your attorney told mine you would sue me when I posted. Where do you come up with this stuff? Or is there yet another attorney out there for someone else we don't know about?
Old 04-13-2010, 06:19 AM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
I think you are missing a key point here. This car was not delivered as a complete car, and was never QC'ed before it left. The car was NOT complete. This was the first production G37 kit that left GTM's facility, and it was not an easy situation. At this point of the project, we all very frustrated with each other and the customer wanted to pull his car out. The plan was that the installation would be completed back at Forged, QC'ed, corrected...etc..etc. Once the troubleshooting was completed at GTM, the customer decided to have GTM finish and button up the car instead of having us send it back.

The question I would like to ask, is why is someone's attorney calling old clients of mine, to see if there is anything they are uphappy about that they would like to speak publicly about?
From what I understand, the car was sent out to GTM because you couldn't get it to run due to the VVEL ground being disconnected. At least, this is what I took away from Juan's thread. So, I have to agree that the car was incomplete when being sent away. BUT, how were you going to QC the cut subframe? The rubbing intake filter? The crushed piping?

As far as your other question goes...huh? I don't have an attorney, dude.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:40 AM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stormcrow
BUT, how were you going to QC the cut subframe? The rubbing intake filter? The crushed piping?
I noticed that Sharif said this was the 1st G37 kit that GTM sent out............... that may have been where all the fitment issues came from. The kit probably wasn't perfected yet. That's exactly what JetPilot and I ran into when installign his GTM kit for his 350Z. IIRC, that kit was the first one not installed at GTM. There were pipe fitment issues, we had the first set of billet intercooler brackets, and they were a bit off, the instructions had alot of errors that JetPilto reported back to GTM to help them make the appropriate changes, etc. So, when I see Sharif say that this was the 1st G37 kit, and then I see all the mods that had to be done to make the kit work........ things start to make some sense.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:57 AM
AlwaysNBoost

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

reading all this makes me wonder,

we all know quality control is a must and every turbo install, engine build or tune should be looked over by the owner as his name is on the front door. A lookover and road test should be done to every car.

there is no excuse for the install or bullsh1t fabricating/hacking/welding or whatever that is period.

some questions I do have.

1. was the car looked over by shariff or shop foreman?

2. do the techs get paid salary or flat rate not that this is an excuse but would make a difference as the tech looked like he installed this kit in 45 min tops..

3. how did no one else in the shop know what was going on when that much CUTTING was involved?

4. as a shop owner most know their technicians and if they are a hack or not maybe this tech should have been let go a long time ago or his work should have been checked more ofter as god knows what other cars may have been affected..

5. i dont blame the customer for wanting to rip his car out of there,after all he went through i would have done the same thing.. That car was hacked like a 92 civic hatchback
Old 04-13-2010, 06:58 AM
athensgls
Banned

this is truly embarrassing
Old 04-13-2010, 06:59 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by stormcrow
From what I understand, the car was sent out to GTM because you couldn't get it to run due to the VVEL ground being disconnected. At least, this is what I took away from Juan's thread. So, I have to agree that the car was incomplete when being sent away. BUT, how were you going to QC the cut subframe? The rubbing intake filter? The crushed piping?

As far as your other question goes...huh? I don't have an attorney, dude.
I 100% agree with ur post so far. People are trying way to hard to defend forged. At the end of the day the last question and most important one is why didn't sharif QC the car. And the lawyer saying post and will sue? WTF? I hve never done business with Sharif bc of his outrageous prices but not it seems i have another to add to the list.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:08 AM
Tyler4

Maybe you all are missing the part where Sharif said there was no QC done on the car because the car was never returned to him so the he COULD perform the QC. It was sent to GTM incomplete and they were supposed to send it back to Sharif after they fixed the fitment problems with the kit. But since it was never returned, Sharif didn't get a chance to QC the car himself.

It's like going behind the counter and snatching up your big mac and then complaining because it doesn't have lettuce.

Last edited by Tyler4; 04-13-2010 at 07:11 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:23 AM
XKR

Thanks for the heads up on this thread guys...you know who you all are

I am not here to defend Sharif or Sam....just to clear up some untruths or misguided posts...

First off...I was given a heads up about up coming posts that would be placed in my "Sticky" thread...and that they wanted me to follow my own rules and not allow comments. I did not know what it was about until i say it, I do know about the others...but I was told not to repeat until it was posted.

I told Sharif plain and simple...."There is no excuse for what was done to that guys car....idiot mechanic or not...FP owns that F up....He should have QC'ed that car during the build in stages." That being said...come on guys...I have said it many times...every shop makes mistakes...and its obvious that one was made here. If it was said that Sharif was NOT willing to fix it....Then you have a story.....but thats not the story.

Its obvious that FP grew faster than expected....but thats still not an excuse...Sharif should have seen and adjusted for this...but he was short on help...and when in need you hire idiots. Once again...there is no excuse for this kind of work...

Now as far as GTM vs FP.......I do know both sides....I will say that whats going on between GTM and FP goes deeper than whats been posted on here....I will even go further and say that it has nothing to do with whats posted about Juan's car or the other upcoming posts....thats all I will say about that.

Others have spoken to me about other issues....but its not my place to post it. I like Sam and Sharif......but I ALWAYS place friendship and business in two different baskets....if any business does wrong to a customer and it is proven....I will not defend such business. I can accept mistakes....but I will never accept dishonesty. My understanding is....Sharif is working at fixing all issues.

Last edited by XKR; 04-13-2010 at 07:30 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:32 AM
ATL_Red_G35

Originally Posted by XKR
Thanks for the heads up on this thread guys...you know who you all are

I am not here to defend Sharif or Sam....just to clear up some untruths or misguided posts...

First off...I was given a heads up about up coming posts that would be placed in my "Sticky" thread...and that they wanted me to follow my own rules and not allow comments. I did not know what it was about until i say it, I do know about the others...but I was told not to repeat until it was posted.

I told Sharif plain and simple...."There is no excuse for what was done to that guys car....idiot mechanic or not...FP owns that F up....He should have QC'ed that car during the build in stages." That being said...come on guys...I have said it many times...every shop makes mistakes...and its obvious that one was made here. If it was said that Sharif was NOT willing to fix it....Then you have a story.....but thats not the story.

Its obvious that FP grew faster than expected....but thats still not an excuse...Sharif should have seen and adjusted for this...but he was short on help...and when in need you hire idiots. Once again...there is no excuse for this kind of work...

Now as far as GTM vs FP.......I do know both sides....I will say that whats going on between GTM and FP goes deeper than whats been posted on here....I will even go further and say that it has nothing to do with whats posted about Juan's car or the other upcoming posts....thats all I will say about that.

Others have spoken to me about other issues....but its not my place to post it. I like Sam and Sharif......but I ALWAYS place friendship and business in two different baskets....if any business does wrong to a customer and it is proven....I will not defend such business. I can accept mistakes....but I will never accept dishonesty. My understanding is....Sharif is working at fixing all issues.

Good post.

I suggest people leave Juan's issue out of this thread as it's confirmed that it has nothing to do with what the OP posted originally.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:35 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
...I hve never done business with Sharif bc of his outrageous prices but not it seems i have another to add to the list.
Forged has outrageous prices?

Anyway, with situations like this, I think in the end everyone loses, customers included, so I'm hopeful that Sam and Sharif can come to some accomodation acceptable to both.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:35 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Tyler4
Maybe you all are missing the part where Sharif said there was no QC done on the car because the car was never returned to him so the he COULD perform the QC. It was sent to GTM incomplete and they were supposed to send it back to Sharif after they fixed the fitment problems with the kit. But since it was never returned, Sharif didn't get a chance to QC the car himself.

It's like going behind the counter and snatching up your big mac and then complaining because it doesn't have lettuce.
I think your loyalty is blinding your objectivity. Shop owners/managers with common sense and business savvy (especially consciousness about liability) would thoroughly check a vehicle before sending it out to another shop for troubleshooting. Don't believe me? Go to any auto shop near you and ask if they would send a car out to another shop without carefully checking the vehicle first.

Therefore, Sharif's excuse doesn't really hold water.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 04-13-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:44 AM
Tyler4

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
I think your loyalty is blinding your objectivity. Shop owners/managers with common sense and business savvy (especially consciousness about liability) would thoroughly check a vehicle before sending it out to another shop for troubleshooting. So Sharif's excuse doesn't really hold water.
All I'm saying is that he had reasoning (good or bad) for not checking the car before it left-he thought it was coming back to him.

But at the end of the day, I don't know all the details of the situation and won't comment any further about them.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL @ all the nuthuggers who dont know half the $hit that goes on in some shops ...but they still rep em hard.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:27 AM
w0ady

cant say this isnt expected for 2 competing shops, business is business after all. again after the 100s of cars that forged has worked on in the past half a decade, its funny how a couple bad stories turns people against them. i understand there are more stories coming so lets just wait til the "proof" appears before we start throwing people under the bus.

personally i will continue to do business with sharif and forged (small as it may be) as they've always treated me well. no shop will ever be perfect but how they handle their missteps is what matters to me. again, until i see proof of forged intentionally screwing over clients then i will continue to support them.

looking forward to the upcoming info.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Elperuano

Originally Posted by Alberto
LOL @ all the nuthuggers who dont know half the $hit that goes on in some shops ...but they still rep em hard.
Lol, I swear everytime u post sumthin i tinkle myself.....
Old 04-13-2010, 08:39 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Amen

Using positive parts buying experiences to defend and offset back room blunders in the shop on TT installs and full build projects = APPLES to ORANGES

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 04-13-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:43 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The name calling that is being thrown around by some is quite childish and makes you seem incapable of making a coherent statement/argument/discussion.

I'm just saying........
Old 04-13-2010, 08:56 AM
escobar929

The one thing that truly strikes me as odd, is when fitting the kit and they ran into problems, wouldnt the tech ask someone higher up what to do? maybe thats why he was fired, who knows

What we do know, is Sharif took care of part of the repair bill and looks like he did what he could for the guy, maybe not in a timely manner, but seems like Juan was happy w/ the out come and just wanted to let everyone know what went down.

if there are more stories of the same, then its a sad day for this community as FP was one of the best and I've always had tons of respect for Sharif
Old 04-13-2010, 09:09 AM
Tyler4

Exactly what I was talking about-It's OK to jump on the shop bashing bandwagon but when someone defends them with positive experiences, then their a "nuthugger."

I've been in the game long enough to know my fair share of shop dirt.

Quick Reply: GTM Performance Engineering & Forged Performance - Parting ways...!?!