Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Forged Performance - My Story

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 09:51 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nismo_nate
time to add another vendor on the list
Don't think they sell fitness supplements...
Old 04-16-2010, 10:07 PM
hellsoldiers08

Well i have been fallowing this and other threads related to the issue. All i got to say he who is perfect cast the first stone! Also i agree with tig488, in what he said. Honestly maybe the op should of done a little more searching? I mean he new about the turbos but not about the ecu being changed?? Hmm doesnt add up.

For anyone saying or your a forge fan or anything. 1. never have done business with them 2. The only time i contacted them was for info on a specialized rim, which ended being out of my brothers price range.

1. im sorry about the op problems, i think i would be just as upset as he is. 2. Give FP a break, wow 1 bad build out of xxx amount?? To me that sounds like a record.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:15 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by tig488
nah, just living in the real world over here. im not defending them, i stated clear as day that they faqed up. im sure Intense has no unsatisfied customers.
You are the 3rd person in recent days to drop Intense's name in this mess involving Forged in an apparent effort to defend Sharif's reputation.

Aside from some complaints from a few unsatisfied customers out of several thousands of satisfied customers who ordered parts to be shipped to them... I am unaware of a single unsatisfied customer with complaints of shoddy workmanship on a Z, G, Supra, or 240SX that Intense built. If you find one, let me know (preferably in the shop discussion thread).

In the meantime, I will report every OT post I see that wrongfully drags another shop's name into this gawd awful mess that doesn't involve them.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:31 AM
*Boose*

Wow. So here's a question. I've never spent the amount of money the OP has but do know that if I were to spend$25k or so on a build that, the people doing the work better treat me like royalty. Now I don't mean, I should walk into their shop and demand alot but I do feel that my questions should be answered? Is that too much to ask for?

Also I understand that not all cars run or perform the same. But I'm an aircraft mechanic and when there is a quality assurance problem like a bracket that doesn't align properly then there is a mass change to every engine to comply with the new standard.

If so many G37's had fitment issues why wasn't this adressed and R&D processed for GTM's kit?
Old 04-17-2010, 02:23 AM
RyanHampton

Interesting read to say the least...

I am curious to see the outcome.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:58 AM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OMG. i feel terrible for the OP and his troubles, as well as Juan, but lets be real folks, FP is one of the best, if not the best installers and Z shops around. yes, they made a huge mistake by letting things go the way they did but it happens. sharifs eyes cant watch every nut and bolt be turned, its just impossible. it seems like he did what he could to make it right. some people say it doesnt matter if hes done hundreds of installs and what not, but if we made a thread about all of FP customers, and 500 people posted their excellent results, and there were even 25 that werent entirely satisfied or even disgruntled, so be it, you cant please everybody and all jobs cant be perfect. id be willing to bet hes done LOTS of people favors, given tons of free advice and info, and discounts on certain builds but those things get lost in the BS that surfaces in this forum. id bet my left nut that every shop on this forum has done some jacked up stuff or things they werent proud of at one time or another to make things fit and work when things get hectic.

plastic clips missing, really? i couldnt tell you how many of those i lost on my car, and i didnt post about how horrible nissan was as a manufacturer.

again, i feel bad for the guys that dont get FPs best work, but it seems like there are lots of headhunters and potstirrers around here. i wouldnt hesitate to take my car to FP for a build, especially now, this will make FP an even better shop.

wat?

When something needs to be modified it should always come up. I work with food and even if we have to use say, a piece of ham that is a slightly different shape then our normal ham, I always talk with the customer to let them know, hey, we can do what you want but it will be slightly different then normal. No one ever cares because its the same thing. However, I still always make a point to let the customer know.

If I was working on a car and clearly pipe fitment is an issue I'd call the customer and say this kit fits like chit. Do you want me to make it fit by hammering the piping so it fits or would you rather send it back to the maker and get something else?

What happened shouldn't have happened I hear how great Forged is with PR skills. yet his install job was a hack job. Did things not fit correctly? My guess is they did but were not installed correctly, it should have been taken up with GTM and if it was still an issue then the owner of the car should have been told.

There is NO excuse for what he did to his car. unless he was told ahead of time that things needed to be modified.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:00 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by *Boose*
Wow. So here's a question. I've never spent the amount of money the OP has but do know that if I were to spend$25k or so on a build that, the people doing the work better treat me like royalty. Now I don't mean, I should walk into their shop and demand alot but I do feel that my questions should be answered? Is that too much to ask for?
just to correct a few things and also add here....you don't need to be threated like royalty....just the right way....and i know sharif does care about this but supporters need to try to stop making excuses for this as a small mistake that happens...

As its been established already we are not talking about reselling parts here.... sharifs excuse on the matter is way more than enough and he is trying say he is changing with QC procedures and the bad work was his fault, his fault it left the shop, and forged supporters would probably do better if they focus on things like the insane bill, possible blackmail, manufacturer undercutting a dealer, etc.... it probably doesn't help FP cause by having supporters try to defend this 2 cars as "nothing" other than a very small statistic, better focus on highlighting that changes are being made to improve QC too, i am actually confident(i hope) that sharif and FP will take this constructively and realize that quality> quantity, and i look forward to seeing results form changes.

Again we are not talking about reselling parts, getting tracking# late, or someone pissed because someone got his item in 7 days rather than 5 or some other retarded shlt.... lets get real here. If it was just that i would have dismiss it.

Also I understand that not all cars run or perform the same. But I'm an aircraft mechanic and when there is a quality assurance problem like a bracket that doesn't align properly then there is a mass change to every engine to comply with the new standard.

If so many G37's had fitment issues why wasn't this adressed and R&D processed for GTM's kit?
maybe they did, maybe they didnt...i cant say, and its possible this was something of an issue earlier in the release period.....some people have reported that the install isn't easy but that it does fit but its real tricky, other reputable shops have also had issues, and this are supposedly shops with long business relation to gtm. FIt ment is an issue in the aftermarket world and you just have to learn to deal with it, the easiest installs are suaully the ones with less potential for power on this platform...but, you would think that gtm would have given more support to one of his main business dealers...

Here is the situation though, gtm will almost never admit to anything wrong on their part either, even if it was old issue and now fixed, they still simply wouldn't, its always some other part form another manufacturer thats bad and cause the whole thing to fail, or the other shop who doesn't know what they are doing....they certainly are no saints either, and certainly not always perfect on their work either...not the first time Ive seen an overinflated bill from them, and i have also see some of the "quality" welding they did....when they don't care they can put boogers out there...but still not their fault .

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 04-17-2010 at 05:20 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:02 AM
jeffie7

People have many fitment issues with the powerlab kit, pipes are too big, don't fit or rub.... I have so many PMs of people saying they're sending the kit back its for the wrong car or is all screwed up.

Weird how I was the FIRST DIY to install one and to this day have had zero rubbing issues.

Again, if Forged called GTM and said hey I'm having issues with this kit... I guess thats like a man asking for directions and its just too hard to do.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:29 AM
winterdevilg35

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

again, i feel bad for the guys that dont get FPs best work, but it seems like there are lots of headhunters and potstirrers around here. i wouldnt hesitate to take my car to FP for a build, especially now, this will make FP an even better shop.
+1 thats very true along with everything else you stated. lets say you made a mistake at your career, (if some of you even have jobs other than criticizing on forums) and you get reprimanded for it. You learn from your mistake, obviously, and move foward a better person knowing that incident won't happen again. We are humans not robots....we make mistakes because nothing is perfect...we learn from our mistakes which is why our society is where it is today. Don't give Sharif such a hard time. Yeah it sucks for the owner of the cars that were apart of the small percentage of f**k ups his shop has done. But think about it.... 5 years of this with hundreds of cars every year and around 3 unsatisfied customers? have you seen the trophys and awards his shop has gotten? Have you seen how clean his shop is and organized they are with their hectic schedule and customer demand? I'm suprised they haven't made more f**k ups with how much stress and demand they go through where an unexperienced shop would fail under these circumstances. Quit messing with his business. My car is currently there and I have his 100% guarentee that everything will be perfect. And i know it will be. He has a reputation to withhold on top of everything else he goes through on a normal day. so all of you forum people who just down play everyone and everything and don't help others (like your supose to on forums...not make fun of new guys when all they want is help) back off. It's happened and it has been dealt with accordingly. He has new employees and now he is going to be walking on eggshells for a while and not have any trust in his employees. Like any of you would do in a situation like this, you would prove everyone wrong and work harder so that you can get your reputation back and trust by others....thats what Sharif is going to do now. Think before you post....or grow up.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:32 AM
SilverFox006

There's no way around poor quality work when paying premium dollar.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:54 AM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by winterdevilg35
+1 thats very true along with everything else you stated. lets say you made a mistake at your career, (if some of you even have jobs other than criticizing on forums) and you get reprimanded for it. You learn from your mistake, obviously, and move foward a better person knowing that incident won't happen again. We are humans not robots....we make mistakes because nothing is perfect...we learn from our mistakes which is why our society is where it is today. Don't give Sharif such a hard time. Yeah it sucks for the owner of the cars that were apart of the small percentage of f**k ups his shop has done. But think about it.... 5 years of this with hundreds of cars every year and around 3 unsatisfied customers? have you seen the trophys and awards his shop has gotten? Have you seen how clean his shop is and organized they are with their hectic schedule and customer demand? I'm suprised they haven't made more f**k ups with how much stress and demand they go through where an unexperienced shop would fail under these circumstances. Quit messing with his business. My car is currently there and I have his 100% guarentee that everything will be perfect. And i know it will be. He has a reputation to withhold on top of everything else he goes through on a normal day. so all of you forum people who just down play everyone and everything and don't help others (like your supose to on forums...not make fun of new guys when all they want is help) back off. It's happened and it has been dealt with accordingly. He has new employees and now he is going to be walking on eggshells for a while and not have any trust in his employees. Like any of you would do in a situation like this, you would prove everyone wrong and work harder so that you can get your reputation back and trust by others....thats what Sharif is going to do now. Think before you post....or grow up.

So if I were to spit into my customers food, drop food pick it back up and reuse it, know raw chicken touched another persons food but served it anyways.

Would you say after being told by a manger that I messed up in the end I'd be a better person? Or would you think that in order for someone to serve food that has been tainted = someone who clearly doesn't care and no matter what there's no fixing that person.

It's one thing to mess up. but to butcher a persons car and keep small details hidden?

I'm glad some people feel it will just make him better, for me to see dented in charge pipes/exhaust pipes from a hammer because it didn't fit tells me other wise.

Next time my wife sucks some random guy off I'll keep in mind that she will be a better wife after I teach her how what she did was wrong and she learns from it.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:05 AM
westpak
SFZCC

People keep focusing on the 21k but don't bother to say that it is 12k for labor the rest for parts/towing/taxes, so 12k may still seem high but when you consider that they had to do trouble shooting, removal and reinstallation of a kit it is not too bad. When you have to redo someone's job that has issues you have to bring it all down to the starting point if you are now going to take responsibility of the job.

Everyone complaining about the GTM costs obviously have not had to have things redone and you end up paying twice the second time around and you usually at the point of no return and have to go through with it or you lose what you have already put in to it.

GTM's costs are what they are the customer has the choice of not paying it and taking it elsewhere, GTM didn't cause this job to be done badly and have to be redone so why blame them for the costs, there would have been costs no matter where he took the car, and I understand the OP not going back to FP you can't blame the guy for not having faith after that long of time and results he had the first time around, he doesn't care about the hundreds of great builds he just cares that his was not done right.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:10 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffie7
So if I were to spit into my customers food, drop food pick it back up and reuse it, know raw chicken touched another persons food but served it anyways.

Would you say after being told by a manger that I messed up in the end I'd be a better person? Or would you think that in order for someone to serve food that has been tainted = someone who clearly doesn't care and no matter what there's no fixing that person.

It's one thing to mess up. but to butcher a persons car and keep small details hidden?

I'm glad some people feel it will just make him better, for me to see dented in charge pipes/exhaust pipes from a hammer because it didn't fit tells me other wise.

Next time my wife sucks some random guy off I'll keep in mind that she will be a better wife after I teach her how what she did was wrong and she learns from it.
+1

Thanks for pointing out the naive FAIL in a more entertaining manner than I ever could have. Maybe next time HE will think before he posts.

These Forged supporters need to wake up and realize that what happened with this car goes way beyond innocent negligence and crosses into the realm of knowingly screwing over a customer. There was so much banging involved on those pipes that I find it extremely dubious to believe that Sharif or his shop manager didn't know what was going on.

...(waits for the next person on the Forged roll call to make an appearance)

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 04-17-2010 at 06:30 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:32 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Its unfortunate when shops get so big that they take on so many cars that they stop truly caring for customers cars like they did when they first opened and werent so big.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:36 AM
winterdevilg35

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeffie7

first of all how can anyone compare a fast food/restaurant job where high school kids, delinquents, and people who don't care because they are flipping burgers and cooking chicken for people for a living? These are qualified mechanics who don't just show up at Sharif's door step and say, "hey can i build cars for you?" They have to all be ASE certified mechanics which requires 2 years of mechanical experience and tests to be taken in order to recieve the certification. All you need in order to get a job at burger king is the capability of moving your hands and mouth to either flip burgers or talk to fat-a** that walks in. So that whole food comparison is counterproductive.

and again with the whole wife thing that just means that she isn't happy with a guy who works at mcdonalds half the day and comes on the computer and critiques people about what he thinks he knows and wishes he had....

and again....think before you speak....he's making a living just like me and you. just because some of you like to see people fall to your level because of your insecurity doesn't mean they will or should. you are all beating a dead horse it seems like. It's almost as bad as seeing everyone wanting Clinton impeached. Quit hating.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:45 AM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

first of all how can anyone compare a fast food/restaurant job where high school kids, delinquents, and people who don't care because they are flipping burgers and cooking chicken for people for a living? These are qualified mechanics who don't just show up at Sharif's door step and say, "hey can i build cars for you?" They have to all be ASE certified mechanics which requires 2 years of mechanical experience and tests to be taken in order to recieve the certification. All you need in order to get a job at burger king is the capability of moving your hands and mouth to either flip burgers or talk to fat-a** that walks in. So that whole food comparison is counterproductive.

and again with the whole wife thing that just means that she isn't happy with a guy who works at mcdonalds half the day and comes on the computer and critiques people about what he thinks he knows and wishes he had....

and again....think before you speak....he's making a living just like me and you. just because some of you like to see people fall to your level because of your insecurity doesn't mean they will or should. you are all beating a dead horse it seems like. It's almost as bad as seeing everyone wanting Clinton impeached. Quit hating.
LOL

Jeffie doesn't exactly work in a fast food restaurant

Oh, and one can clearly see the work of an almighty "ASE Mechanic" on display on page 1 of this thread.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:47 AM
XKR

I currently have my car there now being worked on and I was told it will take a couple weeks to get it done when I dropped my car off a week ago. When it's completed I'll make sure to inform of my experience and how well the build is. I'm sure he doesn't want something like this to happen honestly because no one wants to do anything to damage their rep. It's bad for business. I'm sure he has taken the appropriate action already and has moved on with conducting business. When my G is completed with the SC,water/meth, and oil cooler (to name a couple of the large mods) I'll be on here to inform....
Like I have posted before....now that all this is now in the open....it will only get better for the customers. Eyes are now on both FP and GTM. I am sure that Sharifs number one job is QC..QC...QC and more QC!! I am also sure that Sam is looking into fitment claims.

Let us know how it works out.

Originally Posted by Elperuano
U asked me what i did to my car and I told you. What I did so far wasn't cheap neither. Wheels/suspension/mods/tune puts me well over 10k.. I just ordered a turbo kit for 6k, haltech ecu and buncha other mods which puts me at bout 20k or lil higher.
I've done plenty of research and read others paid for their builds and im still gonna say what he charged was ridiculous. The information I received was from this forum so if its dragging down the quality then start with the source.
I think the key word in Romey's post is "BUILD".....Doing bolt ons vs doing a full build is far from the same.

Originally Posted by ITOzann
you are comparing installation charges of an FI kit with the current OP's situation.. don't forget that there is a lot of f*cked up stuff on the G on top of the parts gtm listed.. as many said FI and cheap don't go together... DIY are a whole different thing..
This is what I am saying....

Last edited by XKR; 04-17-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:05 AM
dpjones

Originally Posted by go-fast
uuuhhh.......first post?

Over the next couple of months, Forged installed the kit, and then ran into a snag that was not their fault. Nissan changed the ECU for the 09 Sedan so that the Uprev Software could not program them like they could the 08 G37 Coupe. So, now began the waiting. Sharif had to wait on Sam to get him the ECU Flash,
uhhhhh........there was never a bad flash......nor any fault of Sam.....the software, FROM UPREV, could not read the ECU and Sam had to wait on UPREV to release a patch for their software before he could flash it.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:07 AM
dpjones

Originally Posted by stormcrow
uuuhhh.....maybe you should read further?

how does Sam having to wait on UPRev equate to that being his fault? no where does it say that the wrong flash was sent. just none at all. hence the 3 month waiting period.
THANK YOU....I didn't see your response before I replied as well.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:09 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by UMW350Z
Shitty kit...should have sent it back or suggested another one when you had to massage it EVERYWHERE with a fix-all. Huge modification or not, the kit should have FIT and there is no excuse for that monstrosity in the pictures.

There are 2 sides: the shitty kit and the shitty install. They did not take a well-fitting kit and pound it into....that cluster****. Mistakes were made on both ends and if the customer was informed that the kit fit like crap and they had to use band-aids everywhere, he should have halted the work, otherwise he is part of this mess as well trying to force a square peg into a round hole. If he was not informed, then it is different and the fail lies with GTM and FP COMBINED.
Well said....and this is what I have sad to Sharif.

Originally Posted by JAM3Z
I don't think he's trying to get out of anything. He basically owned up to what happened.

I don't know whats up with all these random people coming into the FI and dropping their $.02 now that something has actually gone down. The OG's know who they are, but all the rest of you guys are trolls. What you "would do" in this situation has absolutely no bearing on anything.
I agree.....Sharif is not trying to get out of anythng...how could he?? I think this will only help FP get back on track. Watching the regulars kick Sharif around is not an issue for me......Its watching the Trools with nothing but a shift **** upgrade talking **** that bothers me.

All you trolls know is what you see on here....you dont know both sides of this crap. Some of you claim that someone got rapped on price and that you would DIY...but them attempt the install and still in the end have to ship it off to get completed by one of these so call "Over Priced" shops. OR .... you come on here starting some DUMB azz thread asking.."Where does this blue wire go?"

Most of you I have never seen before.....most of you are not even FI or intend to be.....We the regulars get it...Sharif F@CKED up !! He himself has said it.....The pic his said it....we dont need to know that you thing that a Bolt-on kit is the same as a fully built setup.

I have said that GTM and FP break up goes deeper than what most of you think.....yes Sharif and others have said that the GTM kit has fitment issues....I am sure Sam will look into that....This break up is not final...you heard it from me first. Sharif and Sam are business men...thats all I will say on that.

A good azz kicking wake up call can only help things get back on track.

Last edited by XKR; 04-17-2010 at 07:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Forged Performance - My Story