Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Forged Performance - My Story

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 07:09 AM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by winterdevilg35
first of all how can anyone compare a fast food/restaurant job where high school kids, delinquents, and people who don't care because they are flipping burgers and cooking chicken for people for a living? These are qualified mechanics who don't just show up at Sharif's door step and say, "hey can i build cars for you?" They have to all be ASE certified mechanics which requires 2 years of mechanical experience and tests to be taken in order to recieve the certification. All you need in order to get a job at burger king is the capability of moving your hands and mouth to either flip burgers or talk to fat-a** that walks in. So that whole food comparison is counterproductive.
So then what you're saying is there's no excuse for what happened since they are all professionally trained people who would never do something stupid in the first place.

BTW way to **** on a $500 BILLION + dollar industry where some people spend 2 years in training in school and another 5-10+ years under the wing of hands on trainer.

While I did use food as an example you assumed that it was from the bottom of the chain aka fast food. What happened at that shop was no different in my eyes mistake wise, no different then dropping food and reusing it so I guess his ASE guys are on the same level as that high school drop out that flips burgers.

Last edited by jeffie7; 04-17-2010 at 07:10 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:13 AM
winterdevilg35

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

i don't know if anyone else can see it but the majority of people so against FP are dedicated to another shop....head hunters....they want FP business....ignore all the BS. yes they made some mistakes. Sharif already admitted to it even if it wasn't him who did it or he over looked it. but like the post above me says it's going to make his shop even better. if anything they will rise and overcome where they were before this incident.

its just like where i work. i would work on a diesel engine and according to the publication for that engine it has to have a CDI (collateral duty inspector) look at the work i have done to make sure the work was done correctly to QA (quality assurance) standards. some times the worker would be trusted enough to where the CDI (which im reffering to Sharif) would trust the employee enough to take his word for it that the work was done correctly.

Sharif made a mistake. He had a bad worker that he weeded out. Now he doesn't have that trust in his workers like he did before. He will check over and over. To ensure quality is attained. So thats why the shop will be even better. Adapt and overcome is human nature (well at least for the USMC it is...lol.there are lazy people out there that don't want to adapt.)
Old 04-17-2010, 07:20 AM
dpjones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by go-fast
uuuuhhh........that was not clear in his post and it is sams fault!If he sold product that was not supported,maybe he should be included in the lawsuit?
would you buy a clutch that had no pressure plate yet?or a burger when the bun was still in development......i think not!!!!!!!!!!
How was it not clear...it said he had to wait on Uprev...maybe you just missunderstood??

Give me a break.....the 09 37 Sedan came out like in February.....my car went to Sharif in April...it was the first in the world to get twin turbos (at least according to Sharif and Sam). What, you think Nissan sends memos to shops like GTM saying...oh by the way, we just changed the ECU???? I doubt Uprev knew at that time either....In fact, right off the bat I bought a Cobb Access Port from Stillen for my car since I put HFCs, Intake, and a Fast Intentions exhaust on my car within the first 2 weeks of owning it. Neither Stillen or Cobb knew the Access Port wouldn't work yet either. We all found out when I plugged it in and it said it couldn't recognize the ECU. I sent a data dump to Cobb to help them with updating the Access Port and Stillen refunded my money.

Why in the world are you trying so hard here to push blame on others????
Old 04-17-2010, 07:25 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ @ winterdevil

And your car is still under Sharif's roof. So of course you're going to kiss his *** and try to put a positive spin on this.

Still waiting for you to think before you post.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 04-17-2010 at 07:29 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:25 AM
chinabean

Question

holy hell that was a lengthy read, but it was very good and thorough in my opinion. That's just terrible and horrible with all that has happened between the OP and Forged; Like really? That down-pipe or w/e all glorified in dented hell and the sweet massages of a nice hammer huh?

What's highly unacceptable in my point of view - upon picking up my vehicle and dropping it off, is to be able to do a pre-inspection before I leave the car to the shop and post-inspection before taking it back from the shop. Especially after spending that much time and money on the build; but arriving and seeing the car damaged on the exterior before even seeing everything else would have already made me do this face and followed immediately by .

I feel for the OP, I hope that you have the best of luck on the outcome of the legal-suits and overall project for your past due "daily driver"

Just one last thing that made me pause for a second was the fact that forged posted about their financial situation towards the end of their response, really made me think like "um...okay? that's cool?"
Old 04-17-2010, 07:33 AM
dpjones

Originally Posted by hellsoldiers08
Well i have been fallowing this and other threads related to the issue. All i got to say he who is perfect cast the first stone! Also i agree with tig488, in what he said. Honestly maybe the op should of done a little more searching? I mean he new about the turbos but not about the ecu being changed?? Hmm doesnt add up.

For anyone saying or your a forge fan or anything. 1. never have done business with them 2. The only time i contacted them was for info on a specialized rim, which ended being out of my brothers price range.

1. im sorry about the op problems, i think i would be just as upset as he is. 2. Give FP a break, wow 1 bad build out of xxx amount?? To me that sounds like a record.
Please read my previous reply.....I don't think anyone other than Nissan knew about the ECU at that point.....and no....I don't think customers should have to worry about researching the computers on their car before purchasing a kit.

What bugs me the most about some of these replies is.....many are just focusing on the bashed in parts......and saying where is the quality control? Maybe this is because the pictures stand out and they mainly show the damaged parts and such.

There is SO MUCH MORE to the story....I know it is long, but I'm beginning to wonder if some of these posters are just glossing over the pictures instead of reading it. What about all the issues I brought up before ever picking up my car? What about the issues I brought up while I was there? On the drive home? Bad mechanic(s) or not, why was I constantly told "That is normal"? Those words certainly didn't come from the mechanics. What about the wrong turbos or not even hooking up the Knock Amp? What about not fully hooking up the EVC? What about the overcharging on the Down Pipes and Wastegates? I could keep going and going......

All I ask is that before bashing others, whether it is myself or GTM, please make sure you take the time to read the whole story.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:46 AM
dpjones

I just wanted to say "THANK YOU" to everyone out there that has sent me positive replies and PMs. I simply don't have the time to reply to everyone of them individually....not to mention this is on two other forums as well. This has been a crazy long road, and at times has consumed me.....ask my wife or my boss Hopefully the end is in sight and I will finally have a TT G37 before my brand new car is 2 or 3 model years old
Old 04-17-2010, 07:48 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Exactly Doug. Which is why I said this goes way beyond something that can be considered innocent negligence. What happened to you has similarities to the criminal fraud that customers of VRT and SGP experienced.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:48 AM
tig488

just so we are straight, i never said what FP did wasnt wrong, it was.

to Jeffie, no, spitting on food and throwing food on the floor then serving it to customers is not a good thing and shouldnt be done. BUT, if somebody preparing beneath you does it, and doesnt tell you and it slips by, its not really your fault, but it is since youre in charge. you shouldnt have your livelihood threatened and your name dragged thru the mud for it.

and to Rude...i mentioned Intense because you have them in your sig, not because i heard something about them or want to damage their rep. i havent heard anythign about them.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:53 AM
winterdevilg35

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
^^ @ winterdevil

And your car is still under Sharif's roof. So of course you're going to kiss his *** and try to put a positive spin on this.

Still waiting for you to think before you post.
im still trying to figure out why your insecure to the point where you can't see it from any other perspective other than your own. Sure you feel for jones and his g37 i do too. but you have to see it from a different angle other than a cavemans perspective where you see something wrong and think there is no other way to see it....you remind me of some of the negligent f***s i have to deal with at my shop who don't care about anyone other than themselves. if it was you in Sharifs spot you would be doing what you can to fix the problem and prove to everyone that it was just a hickup and it was dealt with accordingly. Sharif isn't the only person who works on the cars you know. He has many people under his charge he has to take care of. He can't do everything himself. Thats why he fired the employees he feels are not fit for the job requirements he requires out of his workers. Everyone messes up whether its their fault or someone they are responsible for...even you rudeg....it's the same as being responsible for anything your kids do....if your kids mess up in school the parent gets called and blamed for it.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:02 AM
Elperuano

Am I missing something but ppl keep saying that it was a complete build and thas why it costed so much money? Wasn't it just an install of a TT kit? Why do ppl keep saying complete build?
Old 04-17-2010, 08:05 AM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by dpjones

Why in the world are you trying so hard here to push blame on others????
you have no idea how nice i'm being,maybe if you understood the dynamic around here you wouldn't be a victim twice.......you'll learn.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:13 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
just to correct a few things and also add here....you don't need to be threated like royalty....just the right way....and i know sharif does care about this but supporters need to try to stop making excuses for this as a small mistake that happens...

As its been established already we are not talking about reselling parts here.... sharifs excuse on the matter is way more than enough and he is trying say he is changing with QC procedures and the bad work was his fault, his fault it left the shop, and forged supporters would probably do better if they focus on things like the insane bill, possible blackmail, manufacturer undercutting a dealer, etc.... it probably doesn't help FP cause by having supporters try to defend this 2 cars as "nothing" other than a very small statistic, better focus on highlighting that changes are being made to improve QC too, i am actually confident(i hope) that sharif and FP will take this constructively and realize that quality> quantity, and i look forward to seeing results form changes.
AND WHY NOT !!! I expect the red carpet treatment...Car at the airport to pick me up so that I wont get wet if its raining when I step off the aircraft. Lunch waiting for me when I arrive.....taken out to dinner at a no less than 5* place to eat....I thought that was the norm

I have been very hard on Sharif these past few weeks...because I too was in shock from what I saw.....First step to fixing a problem ...is to admit you have one....He has accepted that.

Alot of you have pm'ed or email me on cardomain asking me if I am worried about my car.....I welcome all at ZdayZ to go over my car....I will even get Sharif to put it up on jacks to look it over. But as I have told them....my build is way different....my piping was all custom....

Sharif I felt started to trust his techs too much ...and he stepped away from what his made him grow so fast...QC !! its that simple...not only at the end of the build...but QC at every step of the build.....
Old 04-17-2010, 08:15 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Originally Posted by tig488

to Jeffie, no, spitting on food and throwing food on the floor then serving it to customers is not a good thing and shouldnt be done. BUT, if somebody preparing beneath you does it, and doesnt tell you and it slips by, its not really your fault, but it is since youre in charge. you shouldnt have your livelihood threatened and your name dragged thru the mud for it.
This is nonsense. As the business owner, part of your job is hiring people who are gonna do the right thing. Like not dropping pizza. Being the boss/owner is a two way street. You can't just reep the benefits, like pay, respect, etc and then just disavow any wrongdoing when things start to go awry. Being in charge means you need take responsibility for every aspect of your business.

This post is not aimed at any shop, but more target at your skewed opinion of what it means to own or manage a business.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:19 AM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i don't know if anyone else can see it but the majority of people so against FP are dedicated to another shop....head hunters....they want FP business....ignore all the BS. yes they made some mistakes. Sharif already admitted to it even if it wasn't him who did it or he over looked it. but like the post above me says it's going to make his shop even better. if anything they will rise and overcome where they were before this incident.

its just like where i work. i would work on a diesel engine and according to the publication for that engine it has to have a CDI (collateral duty inspector) look at the work i have done to make sure the work was done correctly to QA (quality assurance) standards. some times the worker would be trusted enough to where the CDI (which im reffering to Sharif) would trust the employee enough to take his word for it that the work was done correctly.

Sharif made a mistake. He had a bad worker that he weeded out. Now he doesn't have that trust in his workers like he did before. He will check over and over. To ensure quality is attained. So thats why the shop will be even better. Adapt and overcome is human nature (well at least for the USMC it is...lol.there are lazy people out there that don't want to adapt.)
I don't have any shop so to speak. because of threads like this unless I can be apart of the build I'll never take my car anywhere. I'll do everything myself.

For the record I did every mod on my car outside of tuning, swapping out rear end and hooking up the fuel return lines and paint.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:41 AM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is no excuse once again..Forged has done another horrible install and tried to pass it off and tried to take anvantage of someone who they thought they could...Once again Gtm has found the problems..Im sure there are many more out there that people just dont know about...

Never thought forged was a shop like this but it is pretty obvious that this is the work being done and that sharif feels it is ok..It is far from ok..

Last edited by tylerxfire; 04-17-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:51 AM
hellsoldiers08

Hey, dpjones, i wasnt aware of that being done and im sorry for that statement then.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:53 AM
Hexxum001

Sharif made a mistake. He had a bad worker that he weeded out.
I guess you missed the thread on Juan's G37. This is now the 2nd mechanic that we know of that Sharif had to fire for butchering an install. And let's not forget Doug's friend (mentioned many times in Doug's initial post) who also had his TT install done at FP. His G37 is now also at GTM getting fixed. So was that the same mechanic that worked on Doug's sedan or are we now going to hear about a 3rd mechanic that was also fired from FP?
Old 04-17-2010, 08:57 AM
10-E-C-350Z

Originally Posted by JAM3Z
I don't think he's trying to get out of anything. He basically owned up to what happened.

I don't know whats up with all these random people coming into the FI and dropping their $.02 now that something has actually gone down. The OG's know who they are, but all the rest of you guys are trolls. What you "would do" in this situation has absolutely no bearing on anything.

Best reply to this thread thus far. If it weren't for this, I wouldn't have wasted nearly as much time reading.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:06 AM
Elperuano

Originally Posted by 10-E-C-350Z
Best reply to this thread thus far. If it weren't for this, I wouldn't have wasted nearly as much time reading.
Lame in my opinion, this is an open discussion thread so anyone can put in their .01cents for all I care. Those ppl might be the future of this FI forum and this will help them choose what they wanna do. For what you guys call "OG" (lol @ the term used on this e-thugness) is a lame attempt to let it be only the ones who r always posting here to have the only say. I hope the "OGs" have enuff money between themselves to keep the vendors here happy cuz its ppl like you who dont allow any fresh blood to circulate. Let's just stick with the OP's situation here and not spin it off into anything else.

Quick Reply: Forged Performance - My Story