Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Forged Performance - My Story

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 09:26 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
AND WHY NOT !!! I expect the red carpet treatment...Car at the airport to pick me up so that I wont get wet if its raining when I step off the aircraft. Lunch waiting for me when I arrive.....taken out to dinner at a no less than 5* place to eat....I thought that was the norm

err, yah... i mean it should be standard practice to threat customers at this level of spending in a way that shows you care about the project.
i dunno about he 5 star restaurant... i focus on the business side...ie the work and quality on the build. I am not paying him to serve me lunch, though i expect that level of courtesy just as you would to any person in you business looking to invest a good chunk of change in your product...rojalty sounds like kiss *** and thats not my style.... but i consider high courtesy level standard practice.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:38 AM
carlili4190

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JAM3Z
I don't think he's trying to get out of anything. He basically owned up to what happened.

I don't know whats up with all these random people coming into the FI and dropping their $.02 now that something has actually gone down. The OG's know who they are, but all the rest of you guys are trolls. What you "would do" in this situation has absolutely no bearing on anything.

Best reply to this thread thus far. If it weren't for this, I wouldn't have wasted nearly as much time reading.
Yes some may be trolls but then others may be looking to go FI in the future not posting anything, and trying to gather information without getting ridiculed by some of the older members...(no offense guys). I personally now wont take my car to forged when I go FI because of these recent incidents. I thought forged was the place to be but now... not so much.. People have read about these shops and all the praise they receive and like to chime in about what they think...
Old 04-17-2010, 09:39 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
err, yah... i mean it should be standard practice to threat customers at this level of spending in a way that shows you care about the project.
i dunno about he 5 star restaurant... i focus on the business side...ie the work and quality on the build. I am not paying him to serve me lunch, though i expect that level of courtesy just as you would to any person in you business looking to invest a good chunk of change in your product...rojalty sounds like kiss *** and thats not my style.... but i consider high courtesy level standard practice.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:40 AM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by winterdevilg35
im still trying to figure out why your insecure to the point where you can't see it from any other perspective other than your own. Sure you feel for jones and his g37 i do too. but you have to see it from a different angle other than a cavemans perspective where you see something wrong and think there is no other way to see it....you remind me of some of the negligent f***s i have to deal with at my shop who don't care about anyone other than themselves. if it was you in Sharifs spot you would be doing what you can to fix the problem and prove to everyone that it was just a hickup and it was dealt with accordingly. Sharif isn't the only person who works on the cars you know. He has many people under his charge he has to take care of. He can't do everything himself. Thats why he fired the employees he feels are not fit for the job requirements he requires out of his workers. Everyone messes up whether its their fault or someone they are responsible for...even you rudeg....it's the same as being responsible for anything your kids do....if your kids mess up in school the parent gets called and blamed for it.

u have been on this forum for like 5 mns. and obviously you have not seen the other threads or you are just overlooking them..the work is horrible and things were hidden and sharif acted all shady and acted as if everything was normal..That is not cool..wouldnt even let they guy here put it on a lift before driving home to check it out because he obviously knew how bad the work was...It is taking advantage of a customer and not something a reputable shop should be doing..Sharif seems very worried about making money first it seems and needs to remember where they came from... and like i said this is not the only instance

quit acting like an ******* and running your mouth and sit back, like i said you have been here like 5mns. and nobody cares what you have to say and you are fp nuthugger and your car is at there shop..really nobody cares what you have to say..

Last edited by tylerxfire; 04-17-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:57 PM
winterdevilg35

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
u have been on this forum for like 5 mns. and obviously you have not seen the other threads or you are just overlooking them..the work is horrible and things were hidden and sharif acted all shady and acted as if everything was normal..That is not cool..wouldnt even let they guy here put it on a lift before driving home to check it out because he obviously knew how bad the work was...It is taking advantage of a customer and not something a reputable shop should be doing..Sharif seems very worried about making money first it seems and needs to remember where they came from... and like i said this is not the only instance

quit acting like an ******* and running your mouth and sit back, like i said you have been here like 5mns. and nobody cares what you have to say and you are fp nuthugger and your car is at there shop..really nobody cares what you have to say..
funny how hostile you are about something not directed toward you in any way. your saying im a "nuthuggerr" just because i don't have time to install a vortech sc, water/meth, oil cooler and other s**t because im a diesel mechanic for the USMC and work over 50 hours a week? so that means i don't understand chain of command where theres the worker, supervisor, collateral duty inspector that makes sure work is done right, quality assurance inspector that makes sure the workplace is ran right and everything is being done correctly? i know how it works and i know what kind of slip ups happen. i dont know what you do for a living and i really dont care....but for you to say something about someone you dont know at all is immature and makes you look like a retttaaarrrdddd....i do know what im talking about. just because you have been on the computer for a long time where you can post a lot and i only come on here to help new guys doesn't mean im new. you heard this guys story and he worded it how he did and no one knows exactly what happened except for Sharif, jones (g37 owner), and the employee who did it. I'm backing up Sharif because he has a job im very familiar with with my career. back up son. your misleading assumtions will get you nowere but with the rest of the trash i take out every week. moral of the story you dont know me, my experience, what i do every day, or my knowledge.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Elperuano

pwned!
Old 04-17-2010, 04:47 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Elperuano
pwned!
Old 04-17-2010, 04:58 PM
tig488

Originally Posted by JAM3Z
This is nonsense. As the business owner, part of your job is hiring people who are gonna do the right thing. Like not dropping pizza. Being the boss/owner is a two way street. You can't just reep the benefits, like pay, respect, etc and then just disavow any wrongdoing when things start to go awry. Being in charge means you need take responsibility for every aspect of your business.

This post is not aimed at any shop, but more target at your skewed opinion of what it means to own or manage a business.
when you step back into reality and become a boss let me know. you still dont get my point. im not saying this practice is ok and should be ignored, just like sharif didnt ignore it. it doesnt matter what strict rules and regs you use when hiring and directing people under you, cracks are there and things will slip thru them when your business grows and you have lots and lots of clients. nobody will care about your business like you do. i hate to tell you, the world isnt perfect, the tooth fairy isnt real either.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:25 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tig488
when you step back into reality and become a boss let me know. you still dont get my point. im not saying this practice is ok and should be ignored, just like sharif didnt ignore it. it doesnt matter what strict rules and regs you use when hiring and directing people under you, cracks are there and things will slip thru them when your business grows and you have lots and lots of clients. nobody will care about your business like you do. i hate to tell you, the world isnt perfect, the tooth fairy isnt real either.
This isn't about something slipping through the cracks....

Reread the first 3 post. This goes far beyond that.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:07 PM
zman1982

Lately there has been more half assed work coming out of certain major shops. Shops do make mistakes, but these last two cars from forged I am finding it really hard to believe are just a QC mishap. In my opinion the economy is really hitting these shops hard, and things are being left go that would have never passed in years passed. Money makes people do f***ked up stuff, especially when it's your life. All I have to say to all the defenders of this s**t, if you just spent 25k and your sh*t looked like this tell me you would just say o well, that was an honest mistake. GTFO seriously
Old 04-17-2010, 06:08 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffie7
This isn't about something slipping through the cracks....

Reread the first 3 post. This goes far beyond that.
+1. Makes me wonder if they even bothered to carefully read through it.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:19 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Tig,

Although I understand what you are saying since I own my own business and hired and fired numerous employees, I couldn't help but notice some serious misbehaviors by Sharif, the owner himself. I don't care how **** the customer is. If the customer asks you to look into something, you look into it instead of telling them "it's normal". Also, if he doesn't know how to configure the entire functions of the HKS EVC and knock amp, then don't sell it, or learn or teach yourself how these things work.

In my honest opinion, FP got too big too quick and it's over Sharif's head. If I were Sharif, I would quit my extra curricular activities ASAP, i.e. time attack races, and watch my employees like a hawk as I develop a strict and redundant QC infrastructure. Also, just because business has been sucessful, it shouldn't let it get to his head and become cocky and start misstreating, deceiving customers. Customers are kings. Period.

Although I did most of my business with GTM when I built my Z, I'm not taking any sides since I believe GTM has the similar QC problem with their new turbo kit.

Last edited by leeboyNY; 04-17-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:35 PM
NiZMo1o1

Holy ****
Old 04-17-2010, 07:02 PM
tig488

yeah i see what you mean, carry on.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Goo$e
Banned

Originally Posted by zman1982
lately there has been more half assed work coming out of certain major shops. Shops do make mistakes, but these last two cars from forged i am finding it really hard to believe are just a qc mishap. In my opinion the economy is really hitting these shops hard, and things are being left go that would have never passed in years passed. Money makes people do f***ked up stuff, especially when it's your life. all i have to say to all the defenders of this s**t, if you just spent 25k and your sh*t looked like this tell me you would just say o well, that was an honest mistake. Gtfo seriously

Originally Posted by leeboyny
tig,

although i understand what you are saying since i own my own business and hired and fired numerous employees, i couldn't help but notice some serious misbehaviors by sharif, the owner himself. I don't care how **** the customer is. If the customer asks you to look into something, you look into it instead of telling them "it's normal". Also, if he doesn't know how to configure the entire functions of the hks evc and knock amp, then don't sell it, or learn or teach yourself how these things work.

In my honest opinion, fp got too big too quick and it's over sharif's head. If i were sharif, i would quit my extra curricular activities asap, i.e. Time attack races, and watch my employees like a hawk as i develop a strict and redundant qc infrastructure. Also, just because business has been sucessful, it shouldn't let it get to his head and become cocky and start misstreating, deceiving customers. Customers are kings. Period.

Although i did most of my business with gtm when i built my z, i'm not taking any sides since i believe gtm has the similar qc problem with their new turbo kit.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:17 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Originally Posted by tig488
My reading comprehension skills are up to snuff trust me. However, whether or not you feel like this is Sharif's fault or not is completely immaterial. All you need to know is that if stuff like this continues to happen (again, not necessarily at FP, but any business) the business owner will quickly find himself out of customers. So the point is, debating where the fault (within the chain of command) in all this lies is merely semantics. Ultimately the business owner has to address the problem and eliminate it.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:21 PM
tig488

ah, dont bother, ive lost interest.

refer to post 171.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:16 PM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by winterdevilg35
funny how hostile you are about something not directed toward you in any way. your saying im a "nuthuggerr" just because i don't have time to install a vortech sc, water/meth, oil cooler and other s**t because im a diesel mechanic for the USMC and work over 50 hours a week? so that means i don't understand chain of command where theres the worker, supervisor, collateral duty inspector that makes sure work is done right, quality assurance inspector that makes sure the workplace is ran right and everything is being done correctly? i know how it works and i know what kind of slip ups happen. i dont know what you do for a living and i really dont care....but for you to say something about someone you dont know at all is immature and makes you look like a retttaaarrrdddd....i do know what im talking about. just because you have been on the computer for a long time where you can post a lot and i only come on here to help new guys doesn't mean im new. you heard this guys story and he worded it how he did and no one knows exactly what happened except for Sharif, jones (g37 owner), and the employee who did it. I'm backing up Sharif because he has a job im very familiar with with my career. back up son. your misleading assumtions will get you nowere but with the rest of the trash i take out every week. moral of the story you dont know me, my experience, what i do every day, or my knowledge.

why is it everytime you post it is a huge run on sentence and is half the page, dont even answer that cause i really dont care..i could care less to even read your post or what you do or want to do bla bla bla..quit being a FP nuthugger and just shut up and let things go..like i said nobody cares what you have to say, end of story..
Old 04-17-2010, 10:29 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
why is it everytime you post it is a huge run on sentence and is half the page, dont even answer that cause i really dont care..i could care less to even read your post or what you do or want to do bla bla bla..quit being a FP nuthugger and just shut up and let things go..like i said nobody cares what you have to say, end of story..

Every time this guy posts, I think of this shirt...

http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shir...m-just-a-tool/

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 04-17-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:41 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0

Every time this guy posts, I think of this shirt...

http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shir...m-just-a-tool/

Quick Reply: Forged Performance - My Story