Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Forged Performance - My Story

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 05:12 PM
zman1982

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ +1000
Old 04-18-2010, 06:02 PM
mforrest100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
Its unfortunate when shops get so big that they take on so many cars that they stop truly caring for customers cars like they did when they first opened and werent so big.
I agree with this 200%. I have seen this on too many forums I have been apart for a lot of local shops. After reading all the comments and responses I commend FP for taking full responsibility of the botched install of the kit and footing some of he GTM build. What I do not understand is the distinction of the turbos that FP could not get correct. If the customer called several times and asked for confirmation of the turbos installed, to keep getting the answer Stage II and they were Stage I s unacceptable. Sharif states that he made the assumption because he ordered both kits at the same time and the were the same kits were ordered but if there are multiple calls back and forth between the customer, GTM, an FP why would he not go look at the turbos physically and verify. I understand they are just different A/R housing but still.....this should not have occurred and makes me think this was purposely done.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Elperuano

Damn if it was all malicious on FP n Shariff's part, this really blew up in his face.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:17 PM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by XKR
I won't get into or repeat on here what i have said to Sharif.... All I will say is that Sharif knows were I stand as far as what he is instructing his lawyer to do....I feel the lawyer issue should be dropped and handeled customer to shop owner....
Dropped how? By Sharif or by those of us speaking about it on the forums?
Old 04-18-2010, 06:23 PM
xzotklr

Thank God I had my work done by Vinny Ten Racing in New York!!
Old 04-18-2010, 06:26 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by stormcrow
Dropped how? By Sharif or by those of us speaking about it on the forums?
By both Sharif and the customer.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Elperuano

I doubt that'll happen. OP deserves more than just a fix-up. For what he's had to go through he deserves compensation more than what a botched TT install costs.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:11 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Originally Posted by xzotklr
Thank God I had my work done by Vinny Ten Racing in New York!!
Thats great to hear. No one cares. Move along.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:26 PM
labelworkshop75

damn .. make them pay
Old 04-18-2010, 08:08 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Elperuano
I doubt that'll happen. OP deserves more than just a fix-up. For what he's had to go through he deserves compensation more than what a botched TT install costs.
I will make thus short and simple.....

If this was my shop..... I would see to it that his car was fixed and he got what he paid for...... That's all he would get from me.... If he was looking for more.... I would run this through the court system until his pockets ran dry. We are talking about a car.... It's not like like Sharif ran his azz over with the car.... what is this?? A shake down????

All FP owes this guy is this best build possible.... Nothing less ... Nothing more... Like I said before... FP f@cked up....fix the car the way the guy wants or expected it to be ...See to it that this guy does not have to spend a dime more than was agreed when the car was droped off. FP sees to it that this never happens again . There will be other shops that will go through this again.... It always happens.

So let me make my point clear....if this guy wants more... I consider it a shake down... And my advise is take it to court... Run up the lawyer fees until it hurts....FP has insurance that covers issues like this. I said I would not defend FP on this issue because FP was f-ing wrong for what they did to this guys car.... It needs to be fixed ASAP.......but if we are talking about a shake down....then I will be backing Sharif on this one.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:36 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by XKR

If this was my shop..... I would see to it that his car was fixed and he got what he paid for...... That's all he would get from me.... If he was looking for more.... I would run this through the court system until his pockets ran dry. We are talking about a car.... It's not like like Sharif ran his azz over with the car.... what is this?? A shake down????

All FP owes this guy is this best build possible.... Nothing less ... Nothing more... Like I said before... FP f@cked up....fix the car the way the guy wants or expected it to be ...See to it that this guy does not have to spend a dime more than was agreed when the car was droped off. FP sees to it that this never happens again . There will be other shops that will go through this again.... It always happens.

So let me make my point clear....if this guy wants more... I consider it a shake down... And my advise is take it to court... Run up the lawyer fees until it hurts....FP has insurance that covers issues like this. I said I would not defend FP on this issue because FP was f-ing wrong for what they did to this guys car.... It needs to be fixed ASAP.......but if we are talking about a shake down....then I will be backing Sharif on this one.
like he has options.....

this thing was over before it started,as soon as the car was delivered to sam this guy lost his case.he'll spend an a$$load on an attorney to only have the judge explain to him he did not give sharif a chance to correct the issues.

everyone involved knows this but the op,he will lose and sam will hand him the bill regardless and he'll de double banged......and if you think gtm didn't know this before loading your car on the transport you can consider yourself informed.

history repeats itself around here and nobody learns.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:40 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down WTF happened to the "Recon Unit"???

Ya know... The irony and hypocrisy of all of this is that if the OP had posted this over a year ago and had RA/SGP/JT been involved instead of Forged, the esteemed "Recon Unit" would be mobilizing! There would be a call to arms to seek out info and to encourage other victims to come forward with their stories. I distinctly remember members of the unit encouraging victims to sue and/or seek criminal charges on matters that weren't as atrocious as these two incidents with Forged.

But now that a shop that was an outspoken member of the Recon Unit is involved... the remainder of the Recon Unit remains dormant. There is no outrage. Instead, some of it's members are trying to smooth things over between the customer and shop owner, as well as recommend that attorneys don't get involved.

While the Recon Unit sits with their thumbs up their asses and pretends that this situation is different... I have received info about a third botched build at Forged that is supposedly just as bad, if not worse than Doug's. It's unknown if that owner will come forward with his story, since Sharif seems to have a pattern of threatening and intimidating guys to remain silent. Also, I was recently contacted by someone who told me that they got screwed a few years ago by Sharif when they took their car to Forged. This person didn't post their negative experience on my350z because they felt that support for Sharif/Forged was too strong and that they would just be flamed and the story dismissed. I hope this person (who has been a member of this community for a long time) finally comes forward to tell their story and experience with Sharif.

In the meantime, I shake my head at the hypocrisy in this thread.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:47 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by go-fast
like he has options.....

this thing was over before it started,as soon as the car was delivered to sam this guy lost his case.he'll spend an a$$load on an attorney to only have the judge explain to him he did not give sharif a chance to correct the issues.

everyone involved knows this but the op,he will lose and sam will hand him the bill regardless and he'll de double banged......and if you think gtm didn't know this before loading your car on the transport you can consider yourself informed.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:25 AM
dpjones

like he has options.....

Who are you???? You are clearly the one in the dark here, so quit making stupid uniformed statements. When it comes to my legal fees, you have NO CLUE what my attorney and I have worked out. When it comes to the case, I have whats called the law on my side and I was in NO WAY obligated, or even expected for that matter, to take my car back to Forged....maybe instead of spending so much time making pointless statements on here you should actually do a little research....but that would require effort and the ability to actually understand what you are reading....it will be more complicated than what usually comes out of your mouth.

Last edited by dpjones; 04-19-2010 at 03:40 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:21 AM
XKR

like he has options.....

You have said the exact thing my lawyer said.....this is why I am hinting to the OP to sit back and let the shops (GTM/FP) take of it. It's not that I am siding with FP.... I have made my point clear....but in the court if law the judge will not care what he thinks FP did... They will look more at what's presented. Been there done that .

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Ya know... The irony and hypocrisy of all of this is that if the OP had posted this over a year ago and had RA/SGP/JT been involved instead of Forged, the esteemed "Recon Unit" would be mobilizing! There would be a call to arms to seek out info and to encourage other victims to come forward with their stories. I distinctly remember members of the unit encouraging victims to sue and/or seek criminal charges on matters that weren't as atrocious as these two incidents with Forged.

But now that a shop that was an outspoken member of the Recon Unit is involved... the remainder of the Recon Unit remains dormant. There is no outrage. Instead, some of it's members are trying to smooth things over between the customer and shop owner, as well as recommend that attorneys don't get involved.

While the Recon Unit sits with their thumbs up their asses and pretends that this situation is different... I have received info about a third botched build at Forged that is supposedly just as bad, if not worse than Doug's. It's unknown if that owner will come forward with his story, since Sharif seems to have a pattern of threatening and intimidating guys to remain silent. Also, I was recently contacted by someone who told me that they got screwed a few years ago by Sharif when they took their car to Forged. This person didn't post their negative experience on my350z because they felt that support for Sharif/Forged was too strong and that they would just be flamed and the story dismissed. I hope this person (who has been a member of this community for a long time) finally comes forward to tell their story and experience with Sharif.

In the meantime, I shake my head at the hypocrisy in this thread.
Eric.... The Recon Unit is not letting Sharif off the hook on this one....by no means.I have been very hard on him off line... And I say off line because I want to limit what I say on here because I am too busy to be dragged in to court as a witness over something like this... Because I am telling you if I am.... It will cost whoever calls me in!!!! So leave me out!!

I have said it many times... The customer was wronged. There is talk of fraud .... You have people on both sides of the fence on that one. If a used was sold as new... Then you have a case....but you sit both those turbos in front if a judge and he will not know the difference . Even I who will know more than the judge when all is said is left scratching my head. To prove fraud in a case like this ... You will need more than this. As far as charges....if one shop charges 5k and another charges 10k for the same job... Can this be considered fraud in court... Not a chance.

In the court of My350z it would be easier to find him guilty... But that's not where court will be held.Should Sharif have made a mistake like this ? Hell no! Was it a mistake? That's for the courts to decide. If this was discover a few years later if one of the turbos failed... FP would still have to change it out for free....

All we can do is watch to see if they clean up... The eyes are on not only FP.... But on all shops that would do this kind of subpar work.

So rest assure that the Recon Unit is not letting Sharif off the hook... We hold him to a higher standard...so I will wait until this is all settled before saying what's really on my mind.

Originally Posted by dpjones
Who are you???? You are clearly the one in the dark here, so quit making stupid uniformed statements. When it comes to my legal fees, you have NO CLUE what my attorney and I have worked out. When it comes to the case, I have whats called the law on my side and I was in NO WAY obligated, or even expected for that matter, to take my car back to Forged....maybe instead of spending so much time making pointless statements on here you should actually do a little research....but that would require effort and the ability to actually understand what you are reading....it will be more complicated than what usually comes out of your mouth.
Go-fast knows what he is talking about... Let's leave it at that.

Yes you have the law on your side... But so does Sharif. But in this case there will be two losers.I am trying to in so many words to slide you some free advise... I have been where you are at now.... Not with FP though....but I have been where you are at. Key word "Reasonable Doubt"....

It's not like this is a murder case where you get your lawyer for free... A District Attorney! And from what I know you are not a lawyer either... Neither am I ... But I have a few that work for me....So take it to court... You may get lucky... But in the end only the lawyers win.I won my case against a large tire store.... But I spent over 150k to get what??

You have done well for this community by posting this... It I think in the end will save others from going through this.... I wish you the best of luck..

Last edited by XKR; 04-19-2010 at 05:14 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:59 AM
marra23

Originally Posted by XKR

Must disagree here......what about wasted time, travel expenses etc?
We all know most F/I builds run over schedule which is normally expected but if this is due to negligence surely something else is in play here than just money.
Just imagine the OP's stress levels during this whole episode, something like this have the tendency to consume you, disrupting and influencing your normal thinking.

On the
I would run this through the court system until his pockets ran dry
If this is how things turns out, thank GOD he posted this on a public forum.
This will hurt FP in the long run way more.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:05 AM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by dpjones
you sound like you have it all figured out,maybe shoot me a pm when it's all over and let me know how things worked out for you.

EDIT:the only reason i'm not tearing you apart is because you got double pumped jones

Last edited by go-fast; 04-19-2010 at 05:12 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:29 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by marra23
Must disagree here......what about wasted time, travel expenses etc?
We all know most F/I builds run over schedule which is normally expected but if this is due to negligence surely something else is in play here than just money.
Just imagine the OP's stress levels during this whole episode, something like this have the tendency to consume you, disrupting and influencing your normal thinking.

On the

If this is how things turns out, thank GOD he posted this on a public forum.
This will hurt FP in the long run way more.
If he had driven the car and injured himself... Then I feel you have something. As my attorney calls it.."A Hobby".....if this car me to him this way from Nissan .... He would file a lemon law..... Now because he has paid sharif to cut into his car..... The law requires FP to give customer what he paid for.

Let me tell you something jaw dropping that my attorney told me. If every car that has ever come out of FP was butchered in this way... Juan would not have a case... Not the OP's car I mean Juan's...... Because Sharifs could say that's the best of his ability But we all know that's not so..... That's not the norm fir FP. But he could win on that alone.

The court does not always rule for the injured... They will always rule on what's presented to them.

Responding to the last part of your post... I can see your have zero experience with the court system.... Do I own FP??? Am I the owner of this car???that is a statement coming from me and not from either of the parties involved... Any statement I make on behalf of myself will have zero effects on this issue... Unless I am quoting someone involved.

Like I said.... If this is a shake down.....take it to court and run up the bill until it hurts...

Last edited by XKR; 04-19-2010 at 05:38 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:32 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

I'll try to make this brief, but unless there is a Federal Statute on point (there may or may not be, I have not looked), Georgia law will be applicable. The law in Georgia may be different than the law in Texas or the law in whatever state go-fast works/lives. So unless you or your respective Attorneys researched Georgia law pertaining to this particular issue, and with these particular facts, you really don't know.

Moreover, this is a fairly complicated fact pattern and to really know what the outcome will be, each issue must be researched in light of the applicable case law. I see no reason why you would have paid your Attorneys to do this, but who knows.

Finally, the OP has indicated that he has an Attorney and is following that Attorney's advice. That is exactly what he should do. His Attorney likely has looked at the facts in this matter, researached the applicable Georgia statutes and case law, and is guiding his client based on that research. For him to take the advice of non-Attorneys on this forum in lieu of listening to his own Attorney would be plain nuts.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 04-19-2010 at 05:37 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:37 AM
dpjones

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
I'll try to make this brief, but unless there is a Federal Statute on point (there may or may not be, I have not looked), Georgia law will be applicable. The law in Georgia may be different than the law in Texas or the law in whatever state go-fast works/lives. So unless you or your respective Attorneys researched Georgia law pertaining to this particular issue, you really don't know.

Moreover, this is a fairly complicated fact pattern and to really know what the outcome will be, each issue must be researched in light of the applicable case law. I see no reason why you would have paid your Attorneys to do this, but who knows.

Finally, the OP has indicated that he has an Attorney and is following that Attorney's advice. That is exactly what he should do. His Attorney likely has looked at the facts in this matter, researached the applicable Georgia statutes and case law, and is guiding his client based on that research. For him to take the advice of non-Attorneys on this forum in lieu of listening to his own Attorney would be plain nuts.
Very well put

Quick Reply: Forged Performance - My Story