Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SportZ magazine will soon be testing/comparing FI and NA 350Z's

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 12:35 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, can't wait. Where will this testing take place? If its in socal, i'd like to attend and watch!
Old 11-03-2003, 01:05 PM
krismax

The cars should all be weighed also.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:41 PM
skk100

For Sure weigh the cars since I have a new stereo with subs and 19 in wheels.

All so cal drivers check out the so cal thread. SO Cal Z owners are meeting up soon to drive around.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:43 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally posted by zxsaint
Wow, can't wait. Where will this testing take place? If its in socal, i'd like to attend and watch!
The testing will take place in So Calif. Dave/SportZ asked me to delay posting the exact date for now since he is still in the process of setting up all 3 sites for test day (0-60, AutoX, & Dyno). When everything is totally confirmed, I will let you know. As it stands, it is set for a Saturday in December thus it is the weekend so hopefully you will have an open calendar if you want to see it.
Old 11-04-2003, 04:21 PM
Splurt

woohoo hehe I was just gonna post to ask if we could come check out the shootout. I'm in LA and I'd love to spend the day looking at all those monsters in action! Please let us know when the date's confirmed. I understand if we can't bring any digi cams or camcorders, but it's ok because I don't own any hehe.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:00 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I think the only thing that Dave at sportZ is concerned about is people talking about the tests results prior to the article coming out. The shoot out on exhaust created some interests in the magazine and without him saying so, I am sure he would love to see more interests in the magazine because of this shoot out. In general. Dave did not oppose some of you guys checking the testing out. Actually it is a good sign that you guys are interested, that must mean my instints were right about Z owners wanting to see actually comparision in modded Z's.

I feel that SportZ is responding to topics we have interests in and in turn, I hope many of you subscribe to to their magazine to support these type of comparisions.

I know some people posted last time that they would never pay for a magazine because they will just get information off the web. In part, that is true but to me it is being rather cheap in the scope of things.

SportZ is a small magazine targeted to only Z owners. If we dont support them, who will? After all, you can get independant dyno results but who else is going to set up a shoot out making sure that these cars are being tested with all the same drivers and equipment on the same day and conditions?

I have no problem supporting people that support our hobby. As some of you can see, I expect a lot of products and services. When companies deliver, I praise them, if they dont, I question why they dont as a consumer. I am just trying to reward products and services when done well and make other aware if they appear to fall short. It is nothing personal and I am sure that sometimes my opinion is inaccurate.

Anyways, that is my opinion. I know some of you might not agree with my opinion and that is fine. I will support small magazines like sportZ because I feel it helps the Z community.

Last edited by zland; 11-04-2003 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:17 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by zland

Anyways, that is my opinion. I know some of you might not agree with my opinion and that is fine. I will support small magazines like sportZ because I feel it helps the Z community.
Jeff -- Thanks.

With each issue we get better. For Sport Z Magazine to grow and prosper, we need subscribers. Pure and simple. This is fun stuff guyz, join us.

Bob