Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

** Boosted Performance ST Kit.. Results & Review **

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Vas_Z33

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default ** Boosted Performance ST Kit.. Results & Review **

Since I was the first one to get this kit, installed and tuned.. a lot of people have been asking me to write a review and post my results. The Boosted performance kit is NEW to the VQ community and hopefully this ( and my other thread ) will help guide people to the right direction when choosing to go FI.

Today was my final tune and I can now say that I have enough info to write a fully ( somewhat ) detailed review of this kit. I will try my best to cover everything in the first post ( without editing ) but if I do leave out things, Ill be sure to edit the text and add more to it.

REVIEW

First of all, I would like to thank Boosted Performance ( Sasha, the founder of this kit ). He has gone out of his way sooo many times to help me.

I had been following his 2 builts since day one. I kept quiet and began my research and gathering information.

At the end of the day, ( long story short ) I decided to pull the plug and go on with this built. When Boosted Performance became a vendor on here, I put in my downpayment.. . From that point on it has been a great experience and I am more than 100% satisfied with my decision. Sasha was there since day one to help me and guide me to the right direction.

I was in no rush to get the kit, it was still cold out and I had no intentions to work on the car so I asked him to take his time and do everything right.

He indeed did just that and better..

I received the kit about 3 weeks ago?...
Check: https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...-of-pix-6.html

Page 6 for pictures of the kit and packaging.( more detailed )

Everything was packed and sealed beyond belief.. When I opened this box I thought there was guns or some sort of ammo in there lol.. Very well packed and secured.

I got on it with the install fairly quick. The owners manual is very well put together and it is so well thought that even the guys who have never done any work on there car can manage this install without a problem.. The way I see it is that, if you can remove your cats, you can do this install. Simple and easy to understand.

I dont want to stay here all night and write a long short story review lol but I will put this as simple as this :

1) craftsmanship / quality of work
2) Pricing
3) Customer service
4) Honesty
5) Willing to stand behind his work
6) Would you use this vendor again
7) Would you recommend this vendor to a friend
8) Did you have any issues with your kit

1) The quality of work and craftsmanship is insane. I have never seen to this very day such awesome welds. I still think he uses some robot to do the welds for him

2) Ah, the $!.. looking at all other turbo kits in the market.. this is the cheapest.( complete kit! ) Weather you want to go built motor or stock motor this kit has it all with many, many, many options to pick from.. from uprev to Utec to Haltech.. weather you want 400cc or 850cc.. you name it!. Very easy for people to decide, based on there goals.

3) from 1-10 rating.. Ill give it 12. I feel like Ive gotten the best customer service from any vendor on this site. I dont know if he sleeps with the computer on but I was able to get ahold of him in matter of minutes. Weather this was at 8am or 11pm.. BP was always there when I had questions.

4) Very honest guy.. Cant go wrong.. He has done his research and knows what to look for. With everything that happened, I ve found him to be very honest ( to me ) .

5) Yes he does. at first, I was having some issues holding boost ( see other thread ) which was completely my fault .. and he was there all day and night to help me solve this issue. I quote " Ill do whatever I can to get you to your power goals ".. HE REMOVED his entire kit from his car.. installed my turbo/kit and proved it to me that nothing was wrong. I was just happy..

6) Yes! where are my dump tubes?!?!? lol

7) Yes I will.

8) No issues at all.. I still need to make some adjustments ( working on jackstands outside sucks! ) but everything is working flawlessly..no complaints here.

--- My brain is hurting lol... if you guys have any questions.. please be sure to ask and Ill add them to the list and answer them in complete honesty.

DYNO / SPECS

My plan is to built the motor, hopefully mid summer.. but im not going to give you specs on the motor for something I dont own yet.

for now.. here is the list on stock motor.

BP single turbo kit!!
precision billet 6262 T4
-Tial 44mm WG
-HKS ssqv V3
UPREV osiris
hpx MAF
DW 800cc
Walbro 255 ( for now )
AAM oil pan spacer
NGK 1 step plugs
MD 5/16 spacer
custom JIC 3" single exhaust
AEM wideband
AEM true Boost
ProSport oil temp

THE DYNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

415/402 rwtq. I dont have the 415 sheet. Vince has it on his computer.. Ill ask him for it but 410- 415.. same **** lol.

Name:  IMG_0684.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  58.5 KB

It is still in the conservative side... it peaks boost at 9.4 but then holds a good 8.5-8.7 all the way to redline. Im also going to change my header gaskets to the OEM nissan ones this weekend.

TUNING

I chose to take my car to R/T Tuning in PA. Very nice place and awesome guys to deal with.

Id like to Thank vince and his guys at the shop for working and checking on my car.

Vince ( the owner ) walked me through everything and was completely honest.. " this, that.. etc " His tune is dead on and the drivability is outstanding. It drives like stock! .. of course once you hit boost.. its gone.

For anyone in the East coast who needs a tune or alignment .. Vince@R/TTuning is the guy..

Definitely knows his **** and I will be sure to go back to him for future business .

DYNO VIDEOS

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ApReTyL2EE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ApReTyL2EE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

STREET VIDEOS

Coming soon!

PICTURES

Just a few pix from the shop and this 240sx with a vq35

Name:  IMG_0679.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  120.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0680.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  119.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0681.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  99.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0145.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  182.1 KB

Id like to also thank all others who have helped me through out this. Jeff, etc,etc.

Thats it for now fellas. Im sure I will have to go back and add more things... I am exhausted and need some rest!. Please no need for negativity in this thread or drama. If thats what your looking for, go somewhere else.

Cheers!
Vas

Last edited by Vas_Z33; 06-09-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:17 PM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hats off to Sasha and his awesome kit and customer service. Vince does it again. Looks like a beast kit with the Osiris tune. Great write up. Enjoy the car! Interested in this setup.

Last edited by kacz07; 06-07-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:21 PM
toogood131

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Boo for the tease, I thought there would be pics and vids. Just joking, I've been waiting all day to see the vids. I've been following your other thread and it's very tempting to pull the trigger and pick up this kit
Old 06-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Vas_Z33

Originally Posted by toogood131
Boo for the tease, I thought there would be pics and vids. Just joking, I've been waiting all day to see the vids. I've been following your other thread and it's very tempting to pull the trigger and pick up this kit
Thanks guys! There will be plenty dont worry, check back. I should have it all done and uploaded tomorrow ( well more like today since its already 12:25) .. Im just beyond exhausted lol .

Id PM BP.. he will fill you in with everything.. you wont be disappointed
Old 06-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Elperuano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all congrats on the numbers Vas n the new ride! Must be a beast!
One thing I was wondering lookin at ur graph is its kinda spiky. From what u posted r u losing almost 1lb of boost to redline?
Other than that those r killer numbers, cant wait for the vids!
Old 06-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Vas_Z33

Originally Posted by Elperuano
First of all congrats on the numbers Vas n the new ride! Must be a beast!
One thing I was wondering lookin at ur graph is its kinda spiky. From what u posted r u losing almost 1lb of boost to redline?
Other than that those r killer numbers, cant wait for the vids!
i know.. I had 2 gaskets that were very old and they are b4 the turbo.. by the headers.. and there leaking a little bit making boost like that.. but im replacing them this weekend at a shop near by ( 1 hr job ) and everything should be good.

and thanks man!
Old 06-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Elperuano

Originally Posted by Vas_Z33
i know.. I had 2 gaskets that were very old and they are b4 the turbo.. by the headers.. and there leaking a little bit making boost like that.. but im replacing them this weekend at a shop near by ( 1 hr job ) and everything should be good.

and thanks man!
Ahhh good good... so with this replaced could we see even BETTER numbers?
Old 06-07-2010, 08:33 PM
biggersNISMO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 thumbs up Vas!

Sasha, I tip my hat
Old 06-07-2010, 10:53 PM
ITOzann

Awesome set up and great results!!!... sometimes I regret I didn't get this kit T.T
Old 06-08-2010, 03:41 AM
IslandZavage

Congrats on the kit...
Old 06-08-2010, 03:49 AM
rods350

hey quick question im considering ordering this kit for my g, my car is lowered i was wondering is your car lowered or stock ride height and do for see any problems with a lowered car and this kit. thanks and enjoy hat sweet ride of yours.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:52 AM
ErkTheJerk73

Received 718 Likes on 427 Posts

very good job, if i could just hide a 5k purchase from my wife!
Old 06-08-2010, 03:59 AM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I look forward to vids
Old 06-08-2010, 04:25 AM
Vas_Z33

Originally Posted by rods350
hey quick question im considering ordering this kit for my g, my car is lowered i was wondering is your car lowered or stock ride height and do for see any problems with a lowered car and this kit. thanks and enjoy hat sweet ride of yours.
Thanks guys!

Yes my Z is lowered. Im not having problems here. One pipe from the turbo at first looked like it was low when first installed it but was able to bring it up and out of sight .. but when you get an idea of everything you really will be surprised how much room theres down there.

I mean if you plan on taking the G off roading then you might have an issue lol.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:54 AM
zaperroni

Did you get your body kit yet??
Old 06-08-2010, 04:57 AM
Vas_Z33

Originally Posted by zaperroni
Did you get your body kit yet??
hah yeah its getting painted this weekend!
Old 06-08-2010, 06:19 AM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ErkTheJerk73
very good job, if i could just hide a 5k purchase from my wife!
Erk. I will let you in on a little tip. I am hiding small amounts($100 here $100 there) soon I will be boosted

Vas congrats again

Sasha- well done my friend, well done
Old 06-08-2010, 06:56 AM
raf84ny

Congrats Vas.
Can not wait to see it / hear it in person. When's the next meet? LOL
Old 06-08-2010, 06:56 AM
sodjazero

Congrats on your boosted mission.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:59 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

nice to see the car put together... so the results were like ~415whp at @ ~9.5psi?

I would expect the best customer care too if i were the 1st customer of the kit...videos are def in order.

btw... you should post your review of "shop" in the Sticky thread too

Congrats!

Quick Reply: ** Boosted Performance ST Kit.. Results & Review **