Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Cass007.... ver 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
Good luck on your next move Chris...Hope to see you at 2012 ZdayZ
Thanks Mike, still wish I was in a position to take the G off your hands. I know you will be missed at ZdayZ this year as well.

The drama continues with this bolt however, I put the driveshaft back in after a few more starter whacks with the breaker bar this morning. Locked up the parking brake solid, but still no give in the bolt. Put a fair amount of WD40 on it and will let it sit over night and give it one more try tomorrow. If I can't get it off I will just leave it until I can put the motor in the back of my truck and make a trip to a real garage.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:23 PM
sajazzman007
DIY'er Unite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about the car. Just came back from AFG. Got my car back and it is a beast. Been riding it very conservative since I been back. Since gas prices have gone up I had to get me something a bit more practical. I'll call you up sometime and we'll get into it more later.

Jon
Old 05-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by sajazzman007
Sorry to hear about the car. Just came back from AFG. Got my car back and it is a beast. Been riding it very conservative since I been back. Since gas prices have gone up I had to get me something a bit more practical. I'll call you up sometime and we'll get into it more later.

Jon
VERY happy for you Jon. Glad you made it back safe. For those that don't know, he is rocking Brent's 4.2L block and making some stupid power. He may be the new Mid-A king with his setup. WOOT!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 03:07 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ryamartin
FYI... I had a 5 page argument about brakes with this clown on G35driver. His argument was that WPPro brakes are better because they are bigger and have more pistons. He had no evidence to back up this claim other than the fact they were on his car.

You don't do any research, you blow money on chit Taiwanese parts.
AHAHAH I literally laughed out loud when he said if he was gonna go for brand name he would go for WP Pro. AHAHAHAHAHAHAH. **** is epic. Doesn't know **** about brakes.

Originally Posted by nyqueenz
I couldn't tell in any way if you consider "I'm" a Brand *****, but I will tell you this that if it fits my appeal and needs it will go on my car. If brand ***** was the case then you would see a WP Pro 12 piston BBK on my car.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Originally Posted by Cass007
VERY happy for you Jon. Glad you made it back safe. For those that don't know, he is rocking Brent's 4.2L block and making some stupid power. He may be the new Mid-A king with his setup. WOOT!!!
similar to brents numbers?
Old 05-19-2011, 03:35 PM
XKR

Thanks Mike, still wish I was in a position to take the G off your hands. I know you will be missed at ZdayZ this year as well.

The drama continues with this bolt however, I put the driveshaft back in after a few more starter whacks with the breaker bar this morning. Locked up the parking brake solid, but still no give in the bolt. Put a fair amount of WD40 on it and will let it sit over night and give it one more try tomorrow. If I can't get it off I will just leave it until I can put the motor in the back of my truck and make a trip to a real garage.
NP Chris.....I see a GTR in your future

No matter what ...show up to 2012 zdayz...I will bring a car for you to take some runs in. Good luck with the parting out...looks like you will do fine...you have really nice custom work.

Last edited by XKR; 05-19-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:34 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Barnabas
similar to brents numbers?
Just on the rough tune his numbers were redonkulous. If he can put the power to the ground the car is a BEAST!!

NP Chris.....I see a GTR in your future

No matter what ...show up to 2012 zdayz...I will bring a car for you to take some runs in. Good luck with the parting out...looks like you will do fine...you have really nice custom work.
No GTR here... just not my style. I'm keeping the Z, just ditching all things VQ I hope to be up and running by next years event and expect to be able to beat the car senseless without worry. I will take you up on some runs in anything you bring though
Old 05-20-2011, 10:55 AM
sajazzman007
DIY'er Unite

Yeah it has some heat. Have the Haltech in it right now. People are trying to talk me into the Uprev I don't think I want to hear that ish though. Dont see enough R/D with cars making major numbers. JE did the work. They said it was the fastest 350z they have tuned to date (I didnt know if they were yanking my ish though). If my mem serves me correct its tuned at 13lbs and makes 585 hp 575 tq. I have to look at the dyno sheet again. They said that the engine can do way more but I'm good with what it does now. The turbos have an excellent spool esp in the low range. If i'm not mistaken its the same turbo hookup you had on your car.

I can say at this point I am done with screwing with it. I have some parts I brought while fighting the Taliban, like a baer BBK, tein adjustable suspension, dual FP setup, some HKS ice (boost/afk) and some defi gauges.

With as much money as I dumped into it its runs solid and I don't really intend f'in with it anymore.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Originally Posted by sajazzman007
Yeah it has some heat. Have the Haltech in it right now. People are trying to talk me into the Uprev I don't think I want to hear that ish though. Dont see enough R/D with cars making major numbers. JE did the work. They said it was the fastest 350z they have tuned to date (I didnt know if they were yanking my ish though). If my mem serves me correct its tuned at 13lbs and makes 585 hp 575 tq. I have to look at the dyno sheet again. They said that the engine can do way more but I'm good with what it does now. The turbos have an excellent spool esp in the low range. If i'm not mistaken its the same turbo hookup you had on your car.

I can say at this point I am done with screwing with it. I have some parts I brought while fighting the Taliban, like a baer BBK, tein adjustable suspension, dual FP setup, some HKS ice (boost/afk) and some defi gauges.

With as much money as I dumped into it its runs solid and I don't really intend f'in with it anymore.
def stay with the haltech if you already have it... Uprev MAXES out around 600 hp from what my tuner told me as the parameters it controls just wont allow PROPER tuning above that level.

600 hp is planty for the street the rest is just bragging as long as you keep that thing cool the sleeved block shoudl serve you well for awhile at only 13lbs. Those are awesome numbers!! Im only running a measly 445 hp but im always down for cruises and meet ups. Let us know when your back from playing in the sandbox and ready to play

Are you In PA? I owe chris a visit anyway soo Ill make it up that way sometime.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:13 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just on the rough tune his numbers were redonkulous. If he can put the power to the ground the car is a BEAST!!

No GTR here... just not my style. I'm keeping the Z, just ditching all things VQ I hope to be up and running by next years event and expect to be able to beat the car senseless without worry. I will take you up on some runs in anything you bring though
I hate to rain on your parade, and I mean no disrespect, but I have a bad feeling about this. The problem wasn't the 'VQ' to begin with, IMO. Swaps can go bad just as easy as a motor build. If I were you, I would sell the whole thing and go GTR.

I worry about your state of sanity if your swap doesn't work out.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:23 PM
bigcloud

Originally Posted by failsafe306
I hate to rain on your parade, and I mean no disrespect, but I have a bad feeling about this. The problem wasn't the 'VQ' to begin with, IMO. Swaps can go bad just as easy as a motor build. If I were you, I would sell the whole thing and go GTR.

Do you know what motor he is swapping in? If you did you would know that all the members that have put that motor in their car have not had any problems. From a systems engineering standpoint hes making the right decision. Plus who wants a two pedal when you can have three....lol
Old 05-20-2011, 06:44 PM
XKR

Kool

I have a feeling you are going domestic on the swap
Old 05-20-2011, 09:37 PM
GreenGoblin

LS cough... Cough. I am sure it will be nasty
Old 05-21-2011, 04:37 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by failsafe306

I appreciate you looking out for my sanity and I'm not sure what you think the problem with my builds has been. Perhaps you feel I'm the problem

Either way, the swap will continue. No more FI craziness, just some solid NA power well within the power threshold of the block. I am local to several domestic shops/tuners so if or when I do look for more power it will be an easy and proven road. I just learned yesterday that a kid that worked for me a few years back is a certified tech and has done everything from assemble motors to rebuild his own T56 with Viper gears. He will be coming by to offer some advice on bolt-ons and help with the process.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:38 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by GreenGoblin
LS cough... Cough. I am sure it will be nasty
I would settle for it running for more than a month at a time
Old 05-21-2011, 06:43 AM
failsafe306

I appreciate you looking out for my sanity and I'm not sure what you think the problem with my builds has been. Perhaps you feel I'm the problem

Either way, the swap will continue. No more FI craziness, just some solid NA power well within the power threshold of the block. I am local to several domestic shops/tuners so if or when I do look for more power it will be an easy and proven road. I just learned yesterday that a kid that worked for me a few years back is a certified tech and has done everything from assemble motors to rebuild his own T56 with Viper gears. He will be coming by to offer some advice on bolt-ons and help with the process.
I wasn't implying that YOU were the problem at all. I believe that the problem lies with those who assembled the engine(s).

I wish you luck with the LS swap!
Old 05-21-2011, 02:07 PM
GreenGoblin

Chris good luck brother, I am going to pm you about something.