Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

water injection nozzle installed pre MAF. who has done it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 07:31 AM
onevq35de

Received 96 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Cux350z
i was joking about the age comment.

Screw e-85...never gonna run that crap.

You dont have time to stare at AFR guage. Do datalogging or let passenger look. I like the failsafes that I have in place. Aquamist monitors flow..which is nice. You could tie that to your boost controller independent of UPREV
I thought the #1 cause he's old was kinda funny. Not that he is, but oldmanz, he's old, ha ha ha.
So just one asked for the info I found about pre-compressor injection huh? Alright.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:33 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by onevq35de
ds=drive shaft ya lush! Kidding. I can't imagine how scary that must've been when it broke but then again if you had a buzz....
It took me a second but I figured it out...

I threw some revs at it and dropped the clutch ... and something had to break!!

I had dinner with a buddy and these two girls(both Asian - just saying) around 6pm and I had 2 double gin/tonics over 4hrs ... drive shaft snapped around 10pm / 10:30pm ... so it's not like I was sloooshed!!!!!!!

Last edited by bealljk; 11-27-2017 at 07:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
onevq35de (11-27-2017)
Old 11-27-2017, 08:45 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by BluestreamDE
Gotcha, guess i didn't see the joke.

OK man, I'm not trying to force you to convert. I personally don't have that much issue with it. Please use whatever fuel you want, we are just having a calm discussion on the pros and cons.

I mean that sarcastically. I street tune on my own so I do log but I don't have a right seater watching it.

And I agree with you man, it is good with Failsafes in place as you described. We are agreeing with each other that is is very useful to use meth.
sorry if my tone seems rough over text...just short typing. Not mad or enraged.

I dont look down on people for runing e85...people suggest it to me all the time and i just say "im not running that crap". Theyre like druggies that just want some company in their misery

Yeah i street tune as well and hardly have anyone in the passenger seat. Gauges are good at slow speed. Logging lets me capture the issues.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:47 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

I thought the #1 cause he's old was kinda funny. Not that he is, but oldmanz, he's old, ha ha ha.
So just one asked for the info I found about pre-compressor injection huh? Alright.

I don't mind seeing the data. I run pre-turbo. Volvo got something like 80k out of their turbo during test.

If I can get 10k I would be happy. I have a feeling something else in my turbo would fail first.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:20 PM
onevq35de

[QUOTE=bealljk;10928234]It took me a second but I figured it out...

I threw some revs at it and dropped the clutch ... and something had to break!!

I had dinner with a buddy and these two girls(both Asian - just saying) around 6pm and I had 2 double gin/tonics over 4hrs ... drive shaft snapped around 10pm / 10:30pm ... so it's not like I was sloooshed!!!!!!!

Holy snapped drive shafts Batman! Did you contact the maker?
Old 11-27-2017, 12:23 PM
onevq35de

I don't mind seeing the data. I run pre-turbo. Volvo got something like 80k out of their turbo during test.

If I can get 10k I would be happy. I have a feeling something else in my turbo would fail first.
Well ****, you inject pre-turbo? Why then do you have a monster ic? Did you inject post turbo prior to and then switch to pre and if so, what results did you get?

Last edited by onevq35de; 11-27-2017 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:36 PM
onevq35de

Originally Posted by bealljk
Ive actually gone dry when in the z ... it's way too much of a cop-magnet to risk it. if I'm fixing to tip a few back I gotta take the pickup!

You realize you've taken a 7 year old thread and brought it back to life? Love it!

I think Deadeye owns the record for dollar to dollar...
Guess I'll have to look into this deadeye guy. I'm probably one of few non-fi jackasses to read or post on this thread but I've read, researched & taken so many notes I feel like I've installed it, ran it, broke it and fixed it. Think I'm past the "I'm bitter so **** the world" stage now so once I've used up all my tricks while still NA and sell this for another house, I'll move to the next level. Reality.
Old 11-27-2017, 01:00 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

we're all a bunch of characters ... maybe there an underlying reason on how & why we ended up on this forum...
Old 11-27-2017, 01:54 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Well ****, you inject pre-turbo? Why then do you have a monster ic? Did you inject post turbo prior to and then switch to pre and if so, what results did you get?
never ran post turbo. Meth was added after the car was built and tuned. Was just looking for things to do to it.

Need to go back and get it tuned with the meth. Currently at 640whp at 18.5psi. 580wtq.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:27 PM
BluestreamDE

Received 289 Likes on 232 Posts

we're all a bunch of characters ... maybe there an underlying reason on how & why we ended up on this forum...
I'm assuming when i mentioned that Water meth is a bandaid for poor intercooling. Even though I have used meth myself already a saw the benefits. And I still believe it's a bandaid because we have to resort to spraying our charge air the Intercooler is not doing its job, no matter how efficient or how large you get. And it only gets worse the more boost you run. This is only my opinion, not doctrine.

This is a forum and we're free to discuss differences in experience and opinions and share ideas. At least for me I can say I have done it and made an educated statement based on personal experience. Water Meth works, and I saw the gains personally, but because we are buying Intercoolers that don't cool down the air as cold as we want it to take advantage of to tune more agressivly as we avoid knock/detonation we are forced to see other options to solve it.

I personally am not trying to force people to do anything I say, so if you feel that I am pushing something for you to do on your vehicle, I am not. Because at the end of the day it's your car, And I'm just a name with a picture on your computer screen.

Last edited by BluestreamDE; 11-27-2017 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:31 PM
BluestreamDE

Received 289 Likes on 232 Posts

never ran post turbo. Meth was added after the car was built and tuned. Was just looking for things to do to it.

Need to go back and get it tuned with the meth. Currently at 640whp at 18.5psi. 580wtq.
Are there any issues with the impeller in your turbine getting damaged overtime spraying pre-turbo?
Old 11-27-2017, 02:42 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

we have to resort to spraying our charge air the Intercooler is not doing its job, no matter how efficient or how large you get. And it only gets worse the more boost you run. This is only my opinion, not doctrine.
I respect the opinion but an intercooler can only do so much? an intercooler isn't going to reverse the effects of the ideal gas law ... no intercooler will defy physics
This is a forum and we're free to discuss differences in experience and opinions and share ideas.
I agree and I'm enjoying the discussion thus far...
I can say I have done it and made an educated statement based on personal experience.
You've already convinced me ... I'm researching them and I'll pick one up within a week or two - like CUX did, I don't plan to retune until next spring but I'll add water and/or meth spray as a precautionary
I personally am not trying to force people to do anything I say, so if you feel that I am pushing something for you to do on your vehicle, I am not. Because at the end of the day it's your car, And I'm just a name with a picture on your computer screen.
nah - you're not ... were all friends and (for myself) I appreciate what others have to offer and will approach with an open mind.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:02 PM
onevq35de

Inject water pre-compressor. Do it. Do it now! Ya'll are very welcome!

Last edited by onevq35de; 11-28-2017 at 07:23 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by onevq35de:
bealljk (11-27-2017), BluestreamDE (11-27-2017), Cux350z (11-27-2017)
Old 11-27-2017, 04:34 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

which is why i spray pre turbo...benefits greatly outwiegh the possible cons.

i was running open loop boost control. once i started spraying meth i had to adjust the values down to reduce boost. I had hit like 23 psi on the same settings that used to run 18.5ish. Estimated my whp for that run to be over 700 but my haltech saved me with my boost cut. Lost the race but saved my block
bealljk (11-27-2017)
Old 11-27-2017, 04:42 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

I'm assuming when i mentioned that Water meth is a bandaid for poor intercooling. Even though I have used meth myself already a saw the benefits. And I still believe it's a bandaid because we have to resort to spraying our charge air the Intercooler is not doing its job, no matter how efficient or how large you get. And it only gets worse the more boost you run. This is only my opinion, not doctrine.
IC can only cool down to ambient temperature (newtons law of cooling)

Water/meth can remove heat to be below ambient because of the state changes and energy removed from the system. Pretty cool to me.

with that in mind, the closer the post turbo air is to ambient, the less the IC can do for it (delta T to ambiemt. larger delta T can cool better). But spraying pre turbo really helps the turbo out in terms of efficiency (see my above post). But then there is also heat soak of the IC if it is not efficient enough. FUN FUN FUN...no definite answer...do what you want and what works for you.

Are there any issues with the impeller in your turbine getting damaged overtime spraying pre-turbo?
i havent run it long enough to say. But my research has shown it to be ok. volvo claimed 80k miles without a problem.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cux350z:
bealljk (11-27-2017), BluestreamDE (11-27-2017)
Old 11-27-2017, 04:49 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

which is why i spray pre turbo...
Cux - what nozzle spray rate do you use per blower?

all good stuff ...

some good points that dont come up when you compare E85 to meth...

Last edited by bealljk; 11-27-2017 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:24 PM
onevq35de

Last edited by onevq35de; 11-28-2017 at 04:52 AM.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:09 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Cux - what nozzle spray rate do you use per blower?

all good stuff ...

some good points that dont come up when you compare E85 to meth...
i run .9 on one side and 1mm on the other (largest two included in kit, i need to order the other 1mm and install it)

Got a quick question if anyone's willing to help. Totally unrelated and I'll pull it down if/when I get an answer.
I've tucked my engine bay but have yet to remove/detach anything regarding fuel. I recently found something else I can delete. The brass hard line that's bolted (2 bolts) to the rear of the passenger side fuel rail and then to the fuel damper(?) and also acts like a bracket. Looks like the fuel damper can be bolted straight to the fuel rail, bypassing this brass line.
This brass line can go and I want it gone but will I have issues with fuel pressure? Gonna look for it in the fsm but figured this would be an easy-peasy question for you guys. Can't seem to copy and paste photos on this site for some reason. There's a couple good photos here, about 1/3rd the way down; https://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/4...nstall-14.html
Yes you can do this. take care in not kinking the line. I did this and so have others. I probably even detailed in in one of my wire tuck/engine bay cleanup/or my build thread.
onevq35de (11-28-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 04:59 AM
onevq35de

i run .9 on one side and 1mm on the other (largest two included in kit, i need to order the other 1mm and install it)

Yes you can do this. take care in not kinking the line. I did this and so have others. I probably even detailed in in one of my wire tuck/engine bay cleanup/or my build thread.
So you're one of the seemingly few that's tucked?
Yeah, I know I can do it but don't know about fuel pressure. I found last night how to reduce it before starting the job but will pressure just build itself back up when I'm done putting it back together? Maybe put the key in, let the fuel pump go for a minute then try to start? Couldn't find jack on this so far. I'll check out your threads.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:46 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

So you're one of the seemingly few that's tucked?
Yeah, I know I can do it but don't know about fuel pressure. I found last night how to reduce it before starting the job but will pressure just build itself back up when I'm done putting it back together? Maybe put the key in, let the fuel pump go for a minute then try to start? Couldn't find jack on this so far. I'll check out your threads.
yeah i am tucked. Also my threads suck now due to photobucket bullcrap.

You can relieve the pressure before busting the system by pulling the pump fuse and then cranking a few times. When done, put the fuse back in. Turn the ignition on/off a few times (closed system so you wont get all the air out) and then crank.

Car may run a bit rough initially.
onevq35de (11-28-2017)

Quick Reply: water injection nozzle installed pre MAF. who has done it?