Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

How many motors blown due to Procharger?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 08:54 AM
Del350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many motors blown due to Procharger?

I am curious to know how many people have blown there motor with the procharger?

1.Ravaz
2.MaxHax
3. ......
Old 11-18-2003, 09:06 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

There are two other motors that have been replaced by a Nissan dealership in southern california......i talked to them on the phone.......melted #6 pistons, just like the others......and rumors of 11 others reported at SEMA

Of course, if you ask ATI, the answer is none
Old 11-18-2003, 09:17 AM
jawbone

Just keep it below 6000 rpm, so the timing don't bite ya..
Old 11-18-2003, 11:08 AM
havabooz

when you say nissan replaced it...do you mean they did it under warranty..or was it costly...do AT's burn out more often than MT?...i think maxhax had and AT
Old 11-18-2003, 11:14 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Another board member is Tropics II, he is actually selling his toasted engine in the Classified section.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:43 PM
ATI ProCharger

A member named "HCRACERX" posted the rumor about the 11 motors, on another forum. This member stated that "his boss" spoke with 11 people that have hurt motors. What HCRACERX fails to mention is that he is currently employed by Vortech Engineering LLC.

HCRACERX, is a Vortech Sales Rep. named Brian Ellis, He can be reached by calling Vortech at @ (805) 247-0226 x 236, or by email: bellis@vortechsuperchargers.com. To validate Brian's employment, click HERE

Unfortunately, this is not the first time that Vortech employees and associates have spread false information online.

You can also find posts by HCRACERX on this forum under the "Vortech Sneak Peak" on pages 15. Again he fails to mention that he works for Vortech, thus his keen understanding of the FMU's operation. We have noticed that as our leading competitor has been getting closer to coming to market with their kit, we have been receiving more and more rumors of blown motors. The truth wins in the long term; please bear with us until Vortech?s product rollout is complete and there are accurate comparisons between their product and ours available.

We are aware of 3 motor failures. Each case has had modifications or tuning that varied from our original product. We are still investigating the custom tuning which is causing problems. And although we would like to see zero problems, even if they are problems related to tuning and not our product, this is still an extremely low percentage relative to the large number of ProCharger systems that have been sold for the Z. This posting, and the previous posting, were the group input of service and sales technicians at ATI. For 350Z and all customers, if you have any more questions, please contact us at techserv@procharger.com or at 913-338-2886 M-F, 9-5 CST. And again, since talk is cheap, we look forward to factual comparisons with competing products once they are available, both on the dyno or at the track.

We will leave it at that for now, a full post will be made in a matter of time.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

ATI
Old 11-18-2003, 12:58 PM
jesseenglish

Hey ATI Procharger,

While you're here, I got a question for you. Did ATI look into the fact that the timing jumps to 28 degrees BTDC at 6500 RPM and this could be a cause of blown motors. That is a very advanced timing setting to be running on 91 Octane pump gas with a 10.3:1 compression ratio. Several of us are looking at going with an aftermarket timing retard box. Please fill us in on any research you may have completed regarding this matter.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:05 PM
jesseenglish

hcracerx,

That's pretty sneaky of you. I assumed that you were just an enthusiast like us. If that's true, that's pretty low to start a rumor like that. You know it only takes one mention of bad news and it spreads like wildfire around these boards.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:08 PM
Topics II

My motor blew as well. I know there is definately more than 3 cases. I was one of the people that spoke with one of your representatives at SEMA. He was very short with his answers and kept trying to blaim the motor blowing issue on Nissan??? He was very unhelpful.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:12 PM
Topics II

Ohh and i forgot to mention that my motor was not previously boosted, or had nitrous on it. It was installed and tuned at Altered Atmosphere, just after they installed and tuned Ravaz. A/F readings were in the low 11s. It made 357rwhp which is considerably low for the procharger. I told them to tune it conservatively since my car isnt just a showcar that sits in a booth with a shiny supercharger on it. I bought this kit with intentions on using every last hp that i paid for. When in fact it just made me end up spending twice as much money as i originally had.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:24 PM
damen

that's really too bad. i didn't know AA had two motors that blew. did you drive your car all the way over here to get installed?

oh yeah and brain from vortech, that is so low of you. i hope the big heads from vortech didn't have anything to do with that. the vortech kit is one that i'm looking at.

Last edited by damen; 11-18-2003 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:35 PM
Del350

As far as the "We are aware of 3 motor failures. Each case has had modifications or tuning that varied from our original product". Thats ********s. What on Ravaz's car was modifications or tuning differences? Dont say that it is all AAM's fault. They have done alot of Sc installs there. Dr.Bonz and mine were fine. Then I hear there is another Z that had a melted plug and loss of cylinder pressure on Sunday at the track. I think ATI needs to step up and accept responsiblity for these problems. I've never seen any bolt on SC have this many blown motors.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:35 PM
Topics II

No I am from PA. I moved to Long Beach about 3 weeks ago.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:59 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

After what i've seen from ATI, i don't believe anything they say........they have consistently tried to point the finger at everyone else.........they haven't even CONSIDERED that there might be something horribly wrong with their product.......i've said it before and i'll say it again.......my car is bone stock, and not tuneable without detonation.........I'm not a Vortech employee, and i'll tell you if you want FI, buy anyone else's product, but don't buy ATI's......unless you like paying $5K to get blamed for their product flaws

Last edited by elektrik_juggernaut; 11-18-2003 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-18-2003, 02:00 PM
damen

oh ok.
Old 11-18-2003, 02:16 PM
jesseenglish

Unless there happens to be another guy going by the screenname of hcracerx, that drives both a 2002 SVT Ford Focus and a 1993 Mustang GT.

Look familiar???
Old 11-18-2003, 02:22 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

Good detective work............damn, that is pretty sh*tty!
Old 11-18-2003, 02:32 PM
Topics II

If you want something else to chew on, my fuel line ripped and was spraying fuel at one point in time. It was no where near anything that could have punctured it. Must be too high fuel pressure for the fuel line. And another thing, the compressor wheel screw came completely loose on my procharger. Thank god i saw it before it totally fell off and chewed up the blades on the Procharger and sent happy little pieces of metal flying through the motor.
Old 11-18-2003, 02:35 PM
jeffw

Originally posted by Topics II
If you want something else to chew on, my fuel line ripped and was spraying fuel at one point in time....<snip>
Do you think that was why your motor blew (lean condition from loss of fuel pressure)? Of course, it's still the Procharger's fault if that was the case.
--
jeff
Old 11-18-2003, 02:35 PM
keepupp

What a crook!! Now that I ve seen that, I have lost respect for the Vortech name. The kit looks nice.....but when an engine blows with the Vortech kit on it this guy was probably gonna just lay low since we didnt know he was from Vortech.....anybody ever see the movie CLERKS? Remember the guy who was saying that cigarettes cause cancer just so you would buy his chewing gum? Anyhow...seems like a scam....what do you have to say for yourself mr vortech a**wipe?

Quick Reply: How many motors blown due to Procharger?