Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Technical Notice To 350z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003 | 10:42 AM
ravaz

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Me too, sent emails and letters, but never got a reply

Originally posted by Del350
Bill? Are you the same guy that im'd me talking ****.
Bend over biatch
Old 12-04-2003 | 10:44 AM
Del350

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Me too, sent emails and letters, but never got a reply

Originally posted by ravaz
Bend over biatch

Biiiiilllll, no everybody knows!

Last edited by Del350; 12-04-2003 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-04-2003 | 11:01 AM
GaryK

Originally posted by daking350
Yes they are..To all procharged owners,Please do not drive your car fast,Step on the gas pedal,Go above 4000rps,Drive when its hot out,drive when its cold out,drive above 5000rpms for more than 10 minutes...As a matter of fact, just dont drive your car at all...

EJ-
Regarding the number of engines killed by ATI compared to the number killed by nitrous, you can't really make that comparison. How many cars are really out there with the ATI kit installed? And how many, in comparison, are running nitrous?
Last time I checked no one on this board with N2O blew an engine and Reportedly 6 people with Prochargers Popped their engines.. So lets see...If my math is correct that would be a 600% failure rate compared to N2O... [/B][/QUOTE]

I know of at least one that went boom with nitrous. But none of us currently know how many total are running ATI versus how many total are running nitrous. And we also don't know how many of each have really blown engines. I'm not supporting ATI, but this comparison is bogus because it's based on pure speculation...
Old 12-04-2003 | 11:15 AM
daking350
Banned

You are right...Smithstown Nissan went boom with a 400 SHOT of NITROUS!!!!That was a shitload of N2O on a stock motor, or a built motor for that matter...ok so the ratio is 1-6 on blown motors...And if you really want to get technical Smithstown blew 2 motors in 2 weeks...But once again they were juicing the **** out of it!!!
Old 12-04-2003 | 11:39 AM
Yielar

I remember reading that Smithstown said that the stock engine was holding up great and they blamed the motor blowing on a faulty N20 solonoid not the 400 shot.

Yielar
Old 12-04-2003 | 01:01 PM
Mike@Altered
Banned

Default Re: Re: Re: Me too, sent emails and letters, but never got a reply

Originally posted by elektrik_juggernaut
Yeah, and wasn't he selling these things to us with promises of free ECM reflashes
Hey guys real quick on the ECU flash, I had a special deal on a few kits where I said I would include a free ECU flash when it was available. The few people that have called me to inquire about the flash I've given them the option to get it, or wait until I have a program I am developing that uses larger injectors. Most told me they'd wait for that program, and one customer said they wanted to wait awhile before they sent in their computer because they couldn't be without their car anytime soon.

If anyone who bought one of the original kits from us would like to receive your upgraded flash send me a mail MikeM@alteredatmosphere.com and we can make arrangements to have it taken care of right away. Or, for no additional charge, when I am done with the larger injetor flash later this month I can upgrade you to that version instead.

Thanks,
Old 12-04-2003 | 01:03 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

regardless either way, Smithtown Nissan made it clear that they intended to push the engine with as much Nitrous as it would take.........so thats one engine blown on purpose by nitrous, and 6 motors blown on accident by the Procharger.

Whats even more disturbing is that a lot of the nitrous guys are doing their own installs, yet all of the blown procharger motors, so far, appear to have been installed and tuned professionally.
Old 12-04-2003 | 01:10 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Me too, sent emails and letters, but never got a reply

Originally posted by Mike@Altered
If anyone who bought one of the original kits from us would like to receive your upgraded flash send me a mail MikeM@alteredatmosphere.com and we can make arrangements to have it taken care of right away. Or, for no additional charge, when I am done with the larger injetor flash later this month I can upgrade you to that version instead.

Thanks,
What i'd like to do is return this POS kit to you for a full refund.......since you believe it's so reliable, you can put it on one of your many race cars
Old 12-04-2003 | 01:15 PM
12SecZ

Mike,

Will you refund me something for the 600.00 plus gas I had to spend to drive down to Technosquare? Even meet me halfway like say 50/50 or 300.00 bucks. I am already flashed, you stopped taking my emails when my engine blew.

Also,

Remember why ATI helped you rush my kit out as the first one via drop ship why everyone else had to wait? Because they wanted to see what an A5T would do on the Dyno with the Crawford Plenum. So my kit got priority which upset a few people. I remember it all now. So you see, they knew they were sending me this kit for an A5T with Crawford Plenum. Ordered in May 2003 rushed out in June or July for an *A5T*. If anything from my posts, remmeber that. Rushed out my kit for an A5T. Why? Because my car is locking up and it turns out there are known issues with the A5T, and at what point were they known. As to timing and shifting etc? I would like a civil resolution to this rather than an ugly one and encourage others to ignore the name calling and people with nothing to add to the thread (you know who you are.) Seriuosly though Mike, you could turn your whole business around as could ATI by doing the right thing. Helping us. I am the only one who bought an AFT kit from you right? How about you meeting me halfway on the reflash as a gesture of goodwill in the anount of half the reflash or $300.00 and then maybe ATI will assist me with the shifting issue and I will smack down an 11.9 at 120 mph and turn all of this bad press around? The alternative seems to me to be unhappy customers and bad press. I get emails from people all over the USA asking about my setup. It's like a wildfire spreading out of control when all someone needs is a hose to put it out. You can start right now as a new beggining my keeping your promise to me and my A5T.

Thanks
Old 12-04-2003 | 01:21 PM
Mike@Altered
Banned

Originally posted by 12SecZ
My new question is if A5T's with Turbo's have this same problem with shifting under boost and if not why? Or even better other supercharger makers. Some day this will all come to a head. Right now I feel like I am building my car around the supercharger not vice versa which seems backwords to me.
What is your car doing when shifting under boost? Is the tranny slipping, is the car hitting the factory rev-limiter?

I would expect both turbo and supercharged Z's, regardless of the manufacturer of the turbo kit or supercharger kit, to shift similarly so long as the kits have similar horsepower.

Thanks,
Old 12-04-2003 | 01:24 PM
GaryK

Mike, check your pm's please. I need some info about the ecu flash....
Old 12-04-2003 | 01:24 PM
12SecZ

One final thought on this. Aside from the shifting issue my car is dialed. If ATI will work with me on the shifting issues (knowing my kit was for an A5T) and Mike will reimburse me for half the flash (Mike I am being cool, I spent 60 on a Motel and 70 on gas) then I can help turn this nightmare around.

My plans was to buy a larger fuel pump from Victor at RB Motoring to power my 380cc injectors he sold me then slap on the 9 lb pulleys I was sold then go reflash at TS. I would be dialed in and be the fastest A5T in California. I am not asking for much, just a little help that's all.
Old 12-04-2003 | 01:28 PM
12SecZ

Mike my rev limiter is now 7100.

I shift at 6500. The best way to describe it is like the clutch in the TC doesn't clamp hard enough and the car feels like it is in nuetral. No more power just high revs like it slipped out of gear. There are 3 A5T's experiencing this with the Procharger. 2 of us have the TS/P.E. setup and one doesn't. All 3 post here. My car just stops making power at WOT while in D at about 5k when I WOT from a deadstop like you would in a 1/4 mile race and I don't want to blow my tranny sountil it is resolved I am off WOT.
Old 12-04-2003 | 01:28 PM
Mike@Altered
Banned

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Me too, sent emails and letters, but never got a reply

Originally posted by ravaz
Mike have you altered the timing in your car?
I am still running factory timing on my 350Z with supercharger.

Hope this helps,
Old 12-04-2003 | 01:31 PM
Mike@Altered
Banned

Originally posted by 12SecZ
Mike my rev limiter is now 7100.

I shift at 6500. The best way to describe it is like the clutch in the TC doesn't clamp hard enough and the car feels like it is in nuetral.
Which compaines have you talked to about upgrading your TC? Many of our customers have had great luck with Precision upgrading their TC's, have you talked to them?

See ya,
Old 12-04-2003 | 01:35 PM
Del350

I dont see how it would be mikes responsibility to pay you for getting it done at technos. Did you ever call to make an appointment at aam? He told me the same thing, that further down the line he would have a flash. That means not right now.
Old 12-04-2003 | 02:23 PM
12SecZ

You obviuosly do not want to answer my question about the refund. That is all I need to know at this time.
Thank You,
Old 12-04-2003 | 04:41 PM
jcv

Not a SC owner but I'll stick my nose in about here for the non shift AT problem. First off, Im an old old OLD time hot rodder and road racer and the non-shift condition triggered some memories in my feeble mind.

This used to be a problem many many years ago with Turbo 400 and A 727 AT and superchargers. The reason- these trans sensed engine VACUUM for the shift. Any of you remember vacuum modulators and what happened when they failed.?No shift! Well on a SC engine under boost-surprise-no vacuum and no shift. Same problem to a lesser extent with radical cams but I digress.
Current trans is electronic and doesn't use a vacuum modulator (at least I hope not) but the ECU and the AT ECUs must sense vacuum and use it for engine and trans control. With boost and no vacuum, no shift and probably the over-advanced timing issue. Plus no power brakes, vacuum advance, etc.

This is easy to check by tracing your vacuum lines and where they go. To fix it,you need a clean vacuum source and you must pick up before the SC, amplify the signal and use a vacuum reservoir . You can check this in the service manual or just call a good Nissan trans mechanic and ask.

Flame suit really on but if I'm right please send beer to me quickly. If I'm wrong, I'll drink one in your memory
Old 12-04-2003 | 04:42 PM
daking350
Banned

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=52261
Old 12-05-2003 | 02:46 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

Originally posted by Mike@Altered
I am still running factory timing on my 350Z with supercharger.

Hope this helps,
no, it doesn't really help.........I mean, you own a frickin' Techtom programmer......can you please share with the class why you're so willing to hack into everyone elses ECMs, free of charge, but not your own?.....it doesn't make sense.........you'll change your spark plugs every 5K-10K miles, for safety........you'll change your oil to full synthetic every 2500 miles, for safety.......another $1000 for the EGT and the Wideband O2, for safety......you'll use racing gas, for "extra insurance".......but you won't change your own timing with the f*cking programmer sitting in your shop?????.......something just sounds fishy about that

Last edited by elektrik_juggernaut; 12-05-2003 at 02:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Technical Notice To 350z Owners